Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Track Roster Thread

Cortez

I'm hoping the four returning tracks are from four franchises. No doubling up (two Monkey Ball) and no Billy Hatcher. Ideally I'd want: JSRF, Monkey Ball, Samba de Amigo and House of the Dead. Not only was Deadly Route awesome, but House of the Dead as a franchise deserves a slot far more than Billy or a second Monkey Ball.

We already have 3 returning tracks, Death Egg (Sonic), Shibuya Downtown (JSRF), and Sunshine Tour (Samba de Amigo)

We don't have a Super Monkey Ball track yet, unless you still believe that Temple Trouble is a remake of Monkey Target when it really isn't :/

I don't really want any of the monkey ball tracks to come back. Detritus Desert just smacked of a track that wasn't finished (the corners and such were really awkward to navigate and sometimes I would get stuck on one of the sticks) and Monkey Target was a massive pain in the ass.

Edited by PsychoJosh

Ehhh, wasn't a fan of the Monkey Ball stages at all..those 90 degree turns get me all the time.

I don't really want any of the monkey ball tracks to come back. Detritus Desert just smacked of a track that wasn't finished (the corners and such were really awkward to navigate and sometimes I would get stuck on one of the sticks) and Monkey Target was a massive pain in the ass.

Edited by Djawed

some users in the other thread spoke about Angel Island, and now that I think about it, it might be a great track:

waterfalls, forest, ancient architeture, mountain and of course the Emerald shrine :P

Never mind. The picture has been around for years. Either it's a tease for an ASRT track based on NiGHTS, or they're planning on re-releasing the PS2 version of NiGHTS. Regardless, false alarm and original post in spoiler.

Courtesy of SEGA's Facebook...

428858_10151070374936796_664722058_n.jpg

Thanks to Tracker TD for finding this!

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHTS!

Granted they don't say where this image is from, it's a safe bet that it's ASRT, no?

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 3

EDIT: Oh I knew it was an old picture, but I assumed that there was a little hint or something. Oh well. It's got to refer to something anyway.

Edited by Lungo

Yeah, I did some reverse searching via Google Images and found that it is not an ASRT image. Shame. But it has got to mean that a NiGHTS track will be revealed soon.

I'd think a tease of NiGHTS HD would be done differently, as Stick Canyon is a pretty odd teaser if that were the case. Also, Sonic Adventure 2 needs to be announced before NiGHTS HD is even teased.

Twin_Seeds.png

Twin Seed should represent Nights in this game! The art in this stage is awesome!

Edited by HedgehogBR

I don't think the Stick Canyon image has anything to do with ASRT. In fact, the original stage's subtitle was "The Revival", so if anything I reckon we could have a NiGHTS, well, revival on the way.

• Thumbs Up 5

i don't think it rules out a possible NiGHTS ASRT track though.

i don't think it rules out a possible NiGHTS ASRT track though.

No, I still find an ASRT track more than possible, I just don't think the picture is hinting at one.

If there's going to be an ice level I wonder what it'll be from. Maybe it'll be the NiGHTS stage centered around Christmas.

I mean it may as well be Christmas Nights since otherwise it would just be another green level. I think Sonic's already got the introductory green levels covered which allows for the NiGHTS stage to be something more unique.

• Thumbs Up 1

A Christmas NiGHTS level would be great. I'd love to race around to a remix of this:

All of my nostalgia.

ReiDG.png

Spring Valley has been confirmed, segments take place both in the main area and nightmare realm (Gillwing's area is seen in the trailer, and Wizeman is said to appear at some point)

Edited by Cero
  • Thumbs Up 3

If you check the Sumo Digital Q&A in the video you can see a bit more of the gameplay. Spring Garden is the main track, but you warp into Gilwing's Lair (the colorful fungus area) and a Wizeman boss battle.

At around 0:45:43

16xyk.png

Could people play the NiGHTS characters and stages at SOS? If so, does anything happen for flying through the rings?

Edited by MarcelloF

Nah, the NiGHTS stage and characters weren't in the demo we played there. Might be playable at San Diego Comic Con though.

I wish I could have taken some photos but I borrowed my sister's camera for the day and it was acting up quite a bit.

I do have to wonder, the Wizeman bit seemed rather elaborate for a mere racetrack hazard. I wonder if we may have seen a first sneak peak at some kind of boss challenge for a single player campaign/mission mode?

• Thumbs Up 3

Good lord, Spring Valley looks so beautiful. Sorry about the terrible, overused pun, but my dreams have come true.

Is that really Spring Valley? I think it had more mountains and rivers. I don't recall it having giant trees.

Seems more like a NiGHTS-ish stage than a specific NiGHTS stage. Which is much better in my opinion. Really gives a feel for the franchise and placates as many people as possible.

• Thumbs Up 1

Spring Valley had the giant tree that connects to both the ground and ceiling.

As for mountains, I'm sure we'll seem some.

• Thumbs Up 2

Is that really Spring Valley? I think it had more mountains and rivers. I don't recall it having giant trees.

It's about as close as we could approximate. There is some horrible cheating going on in the 2d side scroller. They only draw the foremost mountains, and clip the rest out... That means you always get to see the background. Erm, it's hard to explain, but as we have a fully 3d environment, with multiple players, the best we could do is an approximation, which tries to keep as much of the spirit of the original 2d game. This one was probably the hardest track to get working... Other problems included the fact we have real time lighting, and yet an unrealistic world. Where do you put lights in spring valley? The upside down world was unlit by the lights from above which point down. So, 2 separate light sets, which required new code had to be used.

Edited by SumoRex
  • Thumbs Up 6