Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

About the Billy Hatcher thing, a while ago I pointed out that he is the only single driver car user from the first game that hasn't been revealed yet. This might indicate that he won't be in this time, but on the other hand it could just be a coincidence...

Well, I fully think Ulala will return so it might just be that Billy is in as well and just hasn't been shown yet. Her, Alex, Billy and Metal are probably the safest bets when it comes to returning racers.

Ryo is in the next tier. IMO he needs to return, he's just too damn cool. But then again, maybe they want to keep some awesome characters contained to ASR1 to make that game worthy of a purchase even when the sequel is out. Jacky and Akira are also maybe/maybe not. I'd love to see them back, but I'm not so sure if we will see them.

Zobio & Zobiko will probably not return. They were awesome additions, if only for HotD rep. But they're so obscure. They're arcade only and never stepped foot outside Japan. Big might not return, since the latest news. Plus, they'll probably add more popular Sonic characters like Blaze or Silver. Bonanza, Opa and Chu Chu are total fan service additions and I could see them repping tracks with their franchises over being racers. A Chu Chu Rocket battle arena would be PERFECT. A Fantasy Zone track would be amazing.

I'm thinking Opa-Opa could come back as the first place weapon. The bees in the E3 build seem to function similar to how I'd expect that to work.

Just replace that with Opa-Opa! He hovers over the person in first place and then drops Heavy Bombs on him. It's perfect.

nackweaselallstarsracing.png

Woah. Fang is actually looking pretty good.

fake btw, ri.p. fang. i'd like to drive you

Seeing as I couldn't care any less about Segata Sanshiro, I'd honestly love it if Nack was the big fanservice character. But there's zero chance it'll happen...

nackweaselallstarsracing.png

Edited by Indigo Rush

Why do people think Billy will get the axe? Wasn't he in the Tennis crossover game too? I thought his chances were pretty high, since he's been in every Sega Superstars (All Stars, whatever) game thus far.

• Thumbs Up 4

Why do people think Billy will get the axe? Wasn't he in the Tennis crossover game too? I thought his chances were pretty high, since he's been in every Sega Superstars (All Stars, whatever) game thus far.

Nope, he wasn't in Superstars Tennis.

I also find him quite annoying so I really don't care if he doesn't make it in.

Edited by Tmsp

I remember that render, XDDD.

For Opa-Opa, I'm pretty damn sure he'll be back. It seems to be Sega's baby outside of Sonic as far as anything retro goes. He's had a lot of cameos in other things as well. I'd settle for a Fantasy Zone track, but I'd really love to race as the awesome dude again. I didn't know you could put so much character into a ship with legs, <3.

I can't remember if I mentioned this here, but I'd really love for a Valkyria Chronicles player. Playing as Welkin in his tank or something would be excellent. I don't expect a track from here, but I think just a player would be enough XD. You could probably use some sorta crazy thing with Alicia's Valkyria powers as an All-Stars move or something.

For anything else, I just really want Dynamite Headdy. I don't know how it'd work since it's a Treasure creation, but it'd be awesome nonetheless. Even just a stage from that game would blow my mind enough, it's so original looking and quirky XD.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nope, he wasn't in Superstars Tennis.

I also find him quite annoying so I really don't care if he doesn't make it in.

Ah, you're correct. My bad. He was in the original PS2 one with the EyeToy though, which may have been what I was thinking about.

How is Billy annoying to you?

Ah, you're correct. My bad. He was in the original PS2 one with the EyeToy though, which may have been what I was thinking about.

How is Billy annoying to you?

His voice, nothing personal but I hate is voice.

Especially that "Cockadoodle Doo!".

I think people who want Billy in the game are getting their hopes up too high. They're not looking at him from an objective standpoint.

For Opa Opa, he could just have a set of simple transformations, such as having wheels and legs in land and water sections respectively, and fly around as normal in air segments. I mean sure its not all that over the top, but it would be a bit funny to see the wheel and legs pop out/slip into Opa-Opa's hull. Also on the matter of a fantasy zone track, there's no doubt that it'd be begging for air segments, though I could also see ground sections involving racers to weaves through the zone's alien plant life and structures. Plus you could even throw in a few bits and pieces from Space Harrier into the mix, like maybe have the dragon contribute to the transformation factor in the level, by having it invade and wreak havoc. Speaking of Space Harrier, I have this odd desire for him to hitch a ride inside of Opa-Opa, or at the very least an Opa-Opa esque vehicle in the event that Opa doesn't make the roster.

As for Billy, I can't really see him getting cut. If I remember right the guys at Sumo were pretty big fans of his game so I'm sure that a bit of developer's bias could help him secure a spot in this game. Not to mention that he was one of the few characters to get actual tracks in the first game, so at the very least we could probably expect a new track for him to go with this game.

I think Opa-Opa transformations would be pretty simple. I mean he's meant to be cutesy and kinda derpy almost. On land he can just run like he does in the original game when you stay on the ground, and I bet he could just kick his feet like he's in water like he's swimming. I might d'aw to death of cuteness though (and possibly LOL to death of swimming in the lava on Golden Axe's level).

[FANG IMAGE]

Goddamnit, for a split second I was ready to believe. =[ I've never seen that before.

For Opa-Opa, I'm pretty damn sure he'll be back. It seems to be Sega's baby outside of Sonic as far as anything retro goes. He's had a lot of cameos in other things as well. I'd settle for a Fantasy Zone track, but I'd really love to race as the awesome dude again. I didn't know you could put so much character into a ship with legs, <3.

I agree. Well, I'm less sure he'll return, but I don't really see why people consider it so unlikely that he would when Sega's given him a fair bit of attention over the years.

Edited by Lungo

its not just the appeal Opa Opa has, its how Sumo can make him work in the 3 transformation categories... he'd need wheels since the speed increase and more difficult drifting system would be awkward for a hovering vehicle, flying isn't a problem but i'm sure Sumo would want him to change dramatically for the flashy appeal that the other racers get, and i can't see him becoming a boat... i'd say there maybe will be a cameo of him, but didn't Sumo say they didn't have plans for a Fantasy Zone track like, way way back when they announced it? could of heard wrong but i swear they said they weren't making one...

to be fair i'd want only a few returning characters and everyone else to be different, maybe an Outrun character, and more obscure IP's since Golden Axe, & Alex Kidd are considered more popular SEGA franchises in the Megadrive era, but games like Shinobi aren't well known as much as the latter, so characters like Vectorman, Sketch, the Knight from Clockwork Knight etc. would be ideal people to add, or any character from games i don't remember even! like Ristar, i'd like to see Ryo return if only for the appeal of Shenmue and i think NiGHTS will be a racer since he's missed out in the first, his last game was All Stars Tennis wasn't it?

i feel like going through a list of SEGA games and seeing who they could use lol.

Sumo told GamesRadar they didn't have plans for a Space Harrier track. However, Opa Opa and Space Harrier both exist in the Fantasy Zone. So a Fantasy Zone track could have a nod to space harrier.

its not just the appeal Opa Opa has, its how Sumo can make him work in the 3 transformation categories... he'd need wheels since the speed increase and more difficult drifting system would be awkward for a hovering vehicle, flying isn't a problem but i'm sure Sumo would want him to change dramatically for the flashy appeal that the other racers get, and i can't see him becoming a boat...

I don't see this being a problem either. If they can find a way to make vehicles work for Gilius the way they have, then Opa-Opa should be relatively simple. One of the key elements of his games was that you could change up his parts to upgrade his abilities. He could, for example, possess concealed wheels and a jet that would pop out for the land and sea segments respectively, without even having to transform his actual body (although I don't see why they couldn't do that either).

Edited by Lungo

Yeah, speaking of the jet, maybe that could just be his form of flying, and then just use the wings to hover above the ground for land mode like in the first game again.

and then just use the wings to hover above the ground for land mode like in the first game again.

all the hovering land vehicles have been scrapped so far in favor of vehicles with at least 4 wheels by the looks of it, so no it wouldn't work like the original ASR :c

Guys, what about Ash from Hell Yeah? He's cool and he's a new SEGA character...He has the perfect appeal for this game

schermata20120610a12450.png

• Thumbs Up 5

He'd be great, especially considering he's new. SEGA could do with more existing characters in this.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just picked up the SEGA Monster World Vintage Pack on XBLA. I can now say that I am in love with Monster World IV, and after seeing Asha, I think she would be a great racer. Shion could work also, but Asha has a bit more personality and charm in her, and would fit perfectly in with the feel of the game.

I'll also take Vectorman, Axel/Blaze (Either one or duo racers), and for some laughs, The Ooze.

Edited by BrainJolt
  • Thumbs Up 1

Would be nice to see Janet from Virtua Cop, complete with low-poly model, driving a low-poly car from Virtua Racing.

That is if Sarah Bryant isn't already driving it.