Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

So, I wonder if SumoRex or anyone else could answer this;

Why's beat going back to his Jet Grind/Set Radio design again? o: It seems like it's a pattern building. Superstars Tennis had JSR design, ASR1 had JSRF design, and now ASRT has the JSR design again! My best guess is due to the re-release of the original game coming up soon?

c: c'mon Sumo, I had a legit question about someone we already know about that isn't any sort of complaining, just pure curiosity. Also it's about something not Sonic~

EDIT: Also, Danica? That's cool~ I hope her car looks really awesome. If you wanna get super duper deep into it, SEGA did NASCAR games in arcades and on the Saturn too, I think., so it's part of SEGA's history, too! (Who knows, maybe she'll wind up being tied in together with something from Daytona USA, too!)

Edited by Aptiva

c: c'mon Sumo, I had a legit question about someone we already know about that isn't any sort of complaining, just pure curiosity. Also it's about something not Sonic~

Anyone can miss a question. And considering there was never any one set design for Beat cause he had two different outfits for his two games, what else can you do?

Anyone can miss a question. And considering there was never any one set design for Beat cause he had two different outfits for his two games, what else can you do?

I wasn't nagging! xD I was just bringing it back up in a sort of "wink wink nudge nudge" kind of way. I just assumed that the JSRF one, being the most recent design (Sadly, I'd LOVE another JSR game!) would be his "modern" era design, whilst JSR Dreamcast style Beat would be the "Classic" one. Not complaining at all though, I love both designs, and Sumo makes them look even more fantastic regardless!

so you're saying that there's going to be a new reveal for Transformed in E3?

Nope... I didn't mean to say anything like that... I meant that, the reveal which was being referred to in the statement in question isn't the Danica one.

Oh! I almost forgot, I hope the avatars are playable again, too! I actually decked out my Xbox Live avatar with racing goggles and all that to make him fit in a little better. Even if I didn't use them often, it was fun to get into an all-avatar race from time to time!

(...wuh, all this talking of ASR makes me want to play it right now! ...I might go do that!)

I wasn't nagging! xD I was just bringing it back up in a sort of "wink wink nudge nudge" kind of way. I just assumed that the JSRF one, being the most recent design (Sadly, I'd LOVE another JSR game!) would be his "modern" era design, whilst JSR Dreamcast style Beat would be the "Classic" one. Not complaining at all though, I love both designs, and Sumo makes them look even more fantastic regardless!

IIRC This was an arbitrary decision, and he got the original kit just because it was JSRF last time, and because both his kits are cool. No pattern per sé. Unless there was more debate behind this than Im aware of...

Sorry for missing the post.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm *SO* glad you're on board PJ. I couldn't have faced your wrath on this subject... LOL

No no, I have high esteem for you Sumo guys and I know you'll knock this one out of the park. I have low esteem for everyone else who are unsupportive or make ridiculous demands which is why I seem argumentative.

Ganbatte, Sumo :)

@6:02

Danica will be racing in a six wheeled vechicle, so probably not the hornet

:(

Danica will be racing in a six wheeled vechicle, so probably not the hornet sad.png

It seems likely that she'll be driving a car based upon the Hot Wheels 'Danicar' (apparently her dream car that she helped design) then:

Danicar_Yellow.JPG

Edited by Lungo

-_- ok, let's just hope to have the HORNET as her ALL STARS MOVE then...not actually happy about this though...anyway overall this means nothing

It seems likely that she'll be driving a car based upon the Hot Wheels 'Danicar' (apparently her dream car that she helped design) then:

Wouldn't that require some licensing or collaboration with Hot Wheels?

Wouldn't that require some licensing or collaboration with Hot Wheels?

Yeah I wondered about that, but like I said it could take inspiration from it rather than being an exact model.

Edited by Lungo

sleep.png ok, let's just hope to have the HORNET as her ALL STARS MOVE then...

Why would the Hornet be her all-star move? If it's not her car initially, then she has nothing to do with it. Period.

Why would the Hornet be her all-star move? If it's not her car initially, then she has nothing to do with it. Period.

The Hornet wouldn't be her all-star move, but that doesn't mean she can't jump on the back of a giant Hornet and start blasting stings at the other racers.

Who's with me?

sleep.png ok, let's just hope to have the HORNET as her ALL STARS MOVE then...not actually happy about this though...anyway overall this means nothing

How about Hornet as is own character? You know, like Opa Opa.

Edited by Tmsp

i'm surprised by the amount of demand for Hornet! come on Sumo! Start your Engines!

A Daytona track may be in order but I don't know about Hornet as a character... it's just not "character-y" enough. The only way I'd see it happening would be if "he" were to emote by clapping his wheels and stretching/squashing himself.

That'd be pretty funny, but otherwise I don't think it's suitable for the game if he's just a static inanimate car.

People always forget Tom Brown, the Hornet's driver. Probably the most invisible SEGA character ever. Not even sure what he looks like.

14 characters left. I think I'll post a personal guess/wishlist. This is who I think is most likely, anyways.

-Vectorman

-Ristar

-NiGHTs

-Ryo Hazuki

-Ulala

-Alex Kidd

-Virtua Fighter rep (probably Jacky/Akira, but I'm hoping for Sarah)

-Axel Stone from Streets of Rage

-One more Sonic character (probably Metal Sonic, would prefer Rouge or Big)

-Opa-Opa maybe?

-Shining Force/ Phantasy Star/Sega RPG rep?

-Arle & Carbuncle from Puyo Puyo

-Obscure Genesis-era character (Toejam & Earl) or a Sega arcade racer rep, possibly Hornet

-Segata Sanshiro

Pipe dream characters:

Sketch Turner from Comix Zone

Dynamite Headdy

Shyna from Silhouette Mirage

Gunstar Heroes Blue and Red

Bayonetta and/or Jack Cayman

Temjin or Fei-Yen from VirtualOn(!)

Ali from Beyond Oasis

Something tells me there won't be a House of the Dead rep this time around but there will be a HOTD track. I could be completely wrong but this is what I think is likely. Roll the dice...

Edited by PsychoJosh

My list would be like this:

- Ristar

- NiGHTs

- Ryo

- Ulala

- Alex Kidd

- Big

- Bayonetta

- Ecco

- Headdy

- Toejam & Earl

- Opa-Opa (I have no large interest in him, but my sister loves him and I think he was an interesting character in the first. Almost the Mr.G&W of the game.)

- Raphael from Rhythym Thief

- Axel

- Sketch Turner

A few are unrealistic like Headdy, Sketch and Ecco, but I'd definitely love seeing them. Ristar is one of my favorite Genesis games, so I'd love to see him a track and a remix of one of the games awesome music-tracks. I'll honestly be pissed if he doesn't make it in as a racer, since so many people were begging for him in the first and he made it in as a cameo. Likewise for NiGHTs. Big was probably my favorite Sonic character to play as in the first ASR, so I hope he's still in. I still think Bayonetta could work just fine in this game, without completely ruining her character like someone was arguing earlier.

And if I could have some of my more selfish wishes, I'd replace Beat with Corn in his Future design, Blaze would be in over characters like Shadow, Metal or Amy, Chaotix would get in as a trio and Banjo would return as an exclusive.

Edited by MarcelloF

Mine was more of a guess of who'll actually be in this game.

Edited by PsychoJosh

I don't get why people think Billy Hatcher will be cut? He's a popular enough of a character and the game has unique enough design to warrant his appearance + a track.

This game needs more COCK-A-DOODLE DOO anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

if Billy returns, i want a complex track from his game set in the Crows land of darkness, full of obstacles and tough turns and jumps, and i want it to be near the end with Golden Axe's track if he doesn't become an actual racer that is.

I don't get why people think Billy Hatcher will be cut? He's a popular enough of a character and the game has unique enough design to warrant his appearance + a track.

This game needs more COCK-A-DOODLE DOO anyway.

I forgot he wasn't shown yet.>_>