Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

Dang this thread is insanely long...

Although I don't think there are any new Sonic characters, if there was ONE new one and ONLY one, I would say Rouge should get it. Blaze and Silver have had some nice spinoff spotlight lately with them appearing in Olympics and all. Rouge would fit very well in this game. This is especially the case because the only known vehicle she has had in the past looks like a bat and could be remade in such a way that it could transform to spread its wings out.

I say that Rouge deserves some love for a change. She's still considered a central Sonic character, and she still has appeared in pretty much all recent spinoffs (except for other All-Stars games and Olympics '08). Blaze and Silver typically come hand-in-hand in spinoffs as well (only exception being Olympics 2008, and Silver was STILL partially completed for that one as well).

• Thumbs Up 1

Dang this thread is insanely long...

Although I don't think there are any new Sonic characters, if there was ONE new one and ONLY one, I would say Rouge should get it. Blaze and Silver have had some nice spinoff spotlight lately with them appearing in Olympics and all. Rouge would fit very well in this game. This is especially the case because the only known vehicle she has had in the past looks like a bat and could be remade in such a way that it could transform to spread its wings out.

I say that Rouge deserves some love for a change. She's still considered a central Sonic character, and she still has appeared in pretty much all recent spinoffs (except for other All-Stars games and Olympics '08). Blaze and Silver typically come hand-in-hand in spinoffs as well (only exception being Olympics 2008, and Silver was STILL partially completed for that one as well).

Couldn't it be a possibility that, even though only 23 slots were shown at play expo that SEGA could be pulling a super smash bros. melee? What I mean by this is, couldn't it be possible that they hid characters in the game- including their "?" slots on the character select screen? In all honesty, this is what I'm hoping for, given that SOL confirmed that the game play footage was from a full version of the game. Just a thought, anyone agree? SOL maybe...? :P

S0L confirmed that we shouldn't worry too much about the number of slots there because there will be more slots. So that idea would make some sense.

Edited by That Bastard Cero

If you want another tidbit someone managed to get the racers stats from the Manchester footage:

Sonic: Speed 5, Accel 2, Handling, 3, Boost 2, All-Star 2

Tails: Speed 2, Accel 3, Handling 5, Boost 2, All-Star 4

Knuckles: Speed: 3, Accel 3, Handling 4, Boost 3, All-Star 1

AiAi: Speed 2, Accel 5, Handling 3, Boost 2, All-Star 4

Beat: Speed 2, Accel 3, Handling 4, Boost 3, All-Star 1

Amy: Speed 2, Accel 4, Handling 4, Boost 2, All-Star 2

B.D. Joe: Speed 5, Accel 2, Handling 2, Boost 3, All-Star 1

MeeMee: Speed 2, Accel 5, Handling 4, Boost 1, All-Star 2

Ulala: Speed 1, Accel 4, Handling 4, Boost 3, All-Star 3

Ralph: Speed 4, Accel 2, Handling 2, Boost 4, 1 All-Star 1

Odd... I thought the All-Star Stat was removed?

Ulala has the slowest speed, huh? No matter, I'll still find a way to take advantage of her. It'll just take a bit more time.

Ulala has the slowest speed, huh? No matter, I'll still find a way to take advantage of her. It'll just take a bit more time.

Remember that there are mods that change stats. So there will probably be a speed mod for her.

In any case, think of her like Toad from SMK, who also has low top speed but high acceleration. He's still a highly useful character.

Remember that there are mods that change stats. So there will probably be a speed mod for her.

In any case, think of her like Toad from SMK, who also has low top speed but high acceleration. He's still a highly useful character.

You're right. Characters with low top speed but high acceleration can be really useful if used by someone who knows what they're doing.

• Thumbs Up 1

From that snippet I'm really liking AiAi's stats, not only does he have a good top speed and maxed out acceleration, but he also has the best All Star out of the 10 of them. Even MeeMee seems pretty cool with her maxed out acceleration and marvelous handling. I guess I'll be maining both of the Monkey Ball reps right off of the bat :3

Edited by That Bastard Cero

You know, since Ralph is a racer, I'm wondering if we could possibly see any other characters from his movie as DLC.

Vanellope would be perfect for this game, I mean she's even a character from a racing game in the movie. She'd have one of those cars that's made out of sweet confections.

Land = a twinkie?

Boat = a cupcake?

Air = Creampuff balloon?

• Thumbs Up 1

You know, since Ralph is a racer, I'm wondering if we could possibly see any other characters from his movie as DLC.

Vanellope would be perfect for this game, I mean she's even a character from a racing game in the movie. She'd have one of those cars that's made out of sweet confections.

Land = a twinkie?

Boat = a cupcake?

Air = Creampuff balloon?

Edited by Clisp

Now that I think about it, could she be the 3rd guest? We've been told it is someone "more expected" and if it was someone from a different franchise we probably would've been told about it by now. It would make sense if someone like her was kept secret until she is unlocked.

Plus the whole racing character thing would have given them incentive.

Naw.. I think it's someone else entirely, what he means is it's someone who isn't likely to shock as much Ralph or Danica.

Agreed with Soniko on this one. If they had more tie-ins to Wreck it Ralph, both SEGA and Disney would want to capitalise on it.

Again, you'd do well to update your information. All the Sonic characters that are going to be in the game have already been confirmed, and Rouge is not among them.

I do feel you, though. Of all the Sonic characters she's the one I want most, next to Big.

Two things.

1.) I said "although I don't think there are any more Sonic characters..."

2.) They did NOT say that these are all the Sonic characters we're getting. They only said that these are the only Sonic characters they are going to announce. I read the previous information on that; unless they clarified and specifically said "no more Sonic characters," all they said is that these are the ones that will be announced before the game is released.

Its still possible (though highly unlikely) that there are other Sonic characters in-game already they will not announce and you simply have to discover in-game.

Regardless, there's still the chance of DLC.

Now that I think about it, could she be the 3rd guest? We've been told it is someone "more expected" and if it was someone from a different franchise we probably would've been told about it by now. It would make sense if someone like her was kept secret until she is unlocked.

I'd like to know about NiGHTS and Reala's stats...

If SST is anything to go by, though, they'll just be "Balanced" racers. :\ Gay. I'm AWESOME with High Accel, Low Top characters.

If Mickey was the third guest, i'd cancel pre-orders post haste.

I cannot stand Mickey Mouse in any shape or form, his voice irks me so much and having him in races with me constantly would piss me off to no end.

• Thumbs Up 4

I cannot stand Mickey Mouse in any shape or form, his voice irks me so much and having him in races with me constantly would piss me off to no end.

And I-EEEEEEEE-IIIIIII-EEEE-IIIIII WILL ALWAYS LOOOOOOOVE YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU

Seriously. Mickey Mouse makes me want to punch babies. His voice, his...voice. I honestly can't pinpoint why I hate him. I just do.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll give you the voice one. It is a horrible voice. But his legacy is far too important to early animation for me to agree on the others. I also love the Sega Mickey games on the Master System (not so much the 16-bit one).

That and Sonic's design was at least partially based on him.

If it makes you feel better it's not the Disney Mickey that got in. It's the South Park Mickey that schemes, loves money, beats up his employees if they so much as talk back to him, and uses his Disney magic to grow 50 feet tall and reign death upon the land.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4SGJTFAtko

• Thumbs Up 1

It would be his "AHA-HAHA!" quotes that would drive me nuts during races, and his laugh ugh...

Of course Mickey isn't the third guest.

Because the third guests are console exclusive.

PS3 gets Sackboy, Xbox gets whatever shit they have, PC gets Gaben, and Wii U gets Captain Falcon to promote the upcoming F Zero game that's being developed at retro and totally doesn't just exist in my head.

Right? Right?

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd like to know about NiGHTS and Reala's stats...

If SST is anything to go by, though, they'll just be "Balanced" racers. :\ Gay. I'm AWESOME with High Accel, Low Top characters.

In the original All-Stars Racing, Knuckles had high acceleration, perfect handling, and low top speed. In this game, his basic stats are the most balanced out of all 10 of the starting characters. Their stats could be anywhere.

You also have to take mods into consideration now. Even if they aren't high acceleration, low top speed characters by default, there's obviously going to be mods that change things to suit your taste.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 1