Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

The point system in the game is indeed stupid.

Really, I think you should gain or lose points based on what place you come in. since their are 10 total racers, places 1 through 5 you should ALWAYS gain points, while getting in a lower place will lose you points, 10th place being the most points lost.

It's not like you can gain alot of points anyway due to that glitch that will deplete all your points if you exceed over 2150 points.

That's something Sumo could fix in a future patch. Yesterday night I've played online, finished 4 of the 5 races in first and got +0 to +3 points. The one I didn't won, but finished in second, I got +13?! I mean, what the hell...

I think the system is based on your position and comparing your rank to the rank of the other racers. So, for example, if you came first when you have a rank of 1500 and everyone else was rank 1000, you're not going to get much of an increase. On the other hand, if you came third when you have a rank of 1000 and everyone else was rank 1500, you're going to see more of an increase because the game's logic sees that as more unlikely and thus more of an achievement. 

I think the system is based on your position and comparing your rank to the rank of the other racers. So, for example, if you came first when you have a rank of 1500 and everyone else was rank 1000, you're not going to get much of an increase. On the other hand, if you came third when you have a rank of 1000 and everyone else was rank 1500, you're going to see more of an increase because the game's logic sees that as more unlikely and thus more of an achievement. 

Still a dumb system tied in with the bad glitchs of collisions. one bump and you spin out. and tonight I had a ranked match were 3 players glichted out the map on sky santuarary. I was in first and then on third  lap they all finished before me though they never passed me once.

• Thumbs Up 1

tonight I had a ranked match were 3 players glichted out the map on sky santuarary. I was in first and then on third  lap they all finished before me though they never passed me once.

I have a feeling they probably just used the infamous shortcut to skip half the stage, comparable to the N64 Rainbow Road shortcut. I know that a lot of TA people use it in their runs as well as people looking to get an easy win against an expert ghost, but I've never actually seen anyone attempt it in a real online race before. Then again I haven't played online since like late December so maybe the cut recently spread to become common knowledge.

Edited by Coral

God damn Sega not allowing pre-downloads like they did with Generations...although, everybody's saying they forgot. It was kinda odd coming on steam this afternoon and seeing no install button while it said "THIS GAME HASN'T BEEN RELEASED YET".

Yeeeaaaahhh, no regional awareness or forgetting to allow downloads?

So I downloaded the game on Steam, and I can't set it to any resolution higher than 1280x720. The options just don't show up. I wanted to run this at my TV's max resolution :(

Been having fun with the game, mainly using Team Fortress and Football Manager until I unlocked Vyse.

My memory may be fuzzy, but did Knuckles always have this smile in the console versions?

6z57v5.jpg
Vyse has a grin too. I played the game on Wii U and they didn't look exactly like this. Vyse usually had a blank expression on his face.

Edited by Solly

just did a quick race, and boy is this fun, though tricky on the keyboard...... Though now I am wondering when SEGA will decide to release metal sonic and outrun bay, and wheter or not they will charge us.....maybe we will get lucky and they give it to us free, well at least for the first week

So I'm just in the Steam group chat for ASRT right now, and someone is complaining that they bought the bonus edition from Amazon and it has no bonus content. Did S0L ever say anything about the PC getting bonus content? I'm not sure how this bonus edition stuff works.

I just completed half of World Tour. All I got to say is, wow. It's like playing a different game. Great graphics and amazing 60FPS. Best version I've played, hands down (well, it's too be expected). If you have a PC powerful enough to handle Transformed, get the PC version. You won't be disappointed.

Been having fun with the game, mainly using Team Fortress and Football Manager until I unlocked Vyse.

My memory may be fuzzy, but did Knuckles always have this smile in the console versions?

Vyse has a grin too. I played the game on Wii U and they didn't look exactly like this. Vyse usually had a blank expression on his face.

The PS3 version has Knuckles smiling I know that for sure.

Edited by Merry Ming Shana

6z57v5.jpg

It does, his smile and the way he moves on that victory pose scares the shit out of me D:

Oh and the Sky Sanctuary short-cut, yep, yesterday night I also had a race with a guy who took it, his PSN ID was "Fish_Goes_Moo" (or it was "imjustchesse", can't remember exactly). I used that short-cut on TA (sue me tongue.png), but when I've tried it online, I failed and finished last D: Never again ^^'

Edited by Jango

So I'm just in the Steam group chat for ASRT right now, and someone is complaining that they bought the bonus edition from Amazon and it has no bonus content. Did S0L ever say anything about the PC getting bonus content? I'm not sure how this bonus edition stuff works.

I preordered it on Amazon myself, and didn't get Metal Sonic or Outrun... I just assumed it was different for the PC version or that Amazon doesn't count due to the price, or he isn't free on PC because of the PC exclusive characters. (Any word on if they differ any from their console counterparts as far as transformation effects and such? They might have been unfinished on the consoles, that'd be interesting to note down.)

What does bother me with my Amazon preorder is Amazon promised I'd get $5 credit, but far as I can tell I have not gotten anything in my Amazon account, my Steam account and $5 hasn't magically appeared in my lap. Does Amazon sell DLC? Perhaps you're intended to spend $5 on a Metal Sonic and Outrun pack when it comes out?

Either way, the game runs excellent for me on my PC outside of being unable to change the refresh rate, locking me into 720p instead of the 1080p my TV can handle.

Is there ANY way to lower the quality? The PC requirements are a total lie. My PC is only 2 years old and its completely unplayable.

Yeah, just because your PC is 2 years old doesn't mean that it is using powerful hardware. You could have a low end PC for all we know. Post the specs. Seems odd though since even the lowest end of PCs seem like they would be hitting the minimum requirements.

Here's my basic specs for comparison:

Windows 7 64-bit Version

Intel Core 2 Quad (I believe it's 2.4 GHz, might be a bit more)

Nvidia GeForce 460 GTX

8 Gigabytes or RAM

The minimum specs are pretty low, and they go back to Dual Core processors and less than 1GB of RAM. Unless this guy is trying to run on higher settings, I'm really not sure what is causing the problem.

But yeah, post your specs. I hope your "PC" isn't really a laptop lol.

Oh right, I should mention the game is running like a dream on High End Settings too (the game defaulted to them). I mean, my computer still is pretty good but, it's showing its age these days. I can't replace the processor (the motherboard doesn't support the i5 or i7), so I'll have to build a new one from the ground up.

I hope your "PC" isn't really a laptop lol.

I don't see how that's funny. I have a laptop, constant 60FPS with amazing 1080p resolution and graphics. And it's on default settings. Sure my laptop cost around $1000, but laptops with good graphics cards can play games like a PC would.

Also I realized for Alex Kidd, while he's unlocked from the start, he doesn't have all mods unlocked like the console versions. You can unlock his console mod early though as you unlock Sonic, Amy, Tails and Knuckles in World Tour.

Edited by Merry Ming Shana

Yeah, a good laptop should have no problems running this. If it were a netbook, though...But, I don't think anyone honestly thinks a netbook can play any type of game. Also, yeah. Alex Kidd doesn't get his mod until you buy the Genesis/Mega Drive mod. For people who are wondering what Shogun and Football Manager's special mods are, it's the VIP mod. Just like Ralph, Danica, and Team Fortress.

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph