Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

The roster is damn solid. With the quality of inclusions being so skewered thanks to the last game it's kind of a disappointment when really it's got some fantastic picks.

The characters easily make the game for crossovers but what we've got isn't bad. It's just a step down is all, while everything around it easily serves as a massive improvement.

Yeah I think it being a step back is what irks me the most. A sequel is always gonna bring higher expectations, if only for the fact the devs allready have a framework to expand on.

I think the game has a strong roster. Hell, we don't even know the final character(s) yet!

• The Sonic franchise has the core cast, Big got the axe but cameos in a track

• Non-Sonic IPs have more representation than just one racer, I think Jet Set Radio and NiGHTS are great with two racers. MeeMee, I'll admit, I'm not crazy about and I am okay on the 4th

I love SC5, and Pudding could be a cool villain racer, plus she does not drive a girly car unlike all the other females and it is nice to have more female rep

• We lose three ultra cool SEGA characters from the first game, but gain Gilius, Vyse and Joe Musashi. Fair trade.

• Some fat was trimmed from the last game: Big and Billy, however we know Big cameos and Billy is sure to be in the Billy track as a NPC

• The final unlock promises to be very cool

• Nearly all, if not actually all, of the missing racers cameo in tracks

Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 2

After analysing the character roster, i think i'll invest most of my time into Gum, Reala and Sonic, Everytime i look at Reala i swear down i love his car model more and more...dat mask!

• Thumbs Up 1

Cancelled my Amazon pre-order. After seeing the final two tracks, and knowing now that Billy Hatcher is not getting three tracks, I'm out. Sorry SEGA and Sumo. :(

Joking. Amazon's delivery estimate was next Wednesday, and I'm a Prime member. F*** that! I'll drive around Sunday for the game. Maybe I'll even boat and fly!

• Thumbs Up 6

I'm keeping my amazon preorder; as it is, I'll probably have the game in hand before I have the Wii U to play it on. The console may or may not arrive before Thanksgiving. (I'm really hoping before, as it would be great to haul to my brothers house to make him jeal - er, to distract the nieces during food prep.) And this would be the perfect game for a party!

• Thumbs Up 1

Cancelled my Amazon pre-order. After seeing the final two tracks, and knowing now that Billy Hatcher is not getting three tracks, I'm out. Sorry SEGA and Sumo. sad.png

Joking. Amazon's delivery estimate was next Wednesday, and I'm a Prime member. F*** that! I'll drive around Sunday for the game. Maybe I'll even boat and fly!

I did the same thing. I told myself I could wait the couple extra days but I wanna play this sucker on launch. (Or earlier if I get lucky with those apparently wonky release ads)

How can Alex Kidd, Sega's previous mascot be out of this game? That doesn't make sense at ALL.

it's horrible!!! I'm so SAD... WHY SUMO AND SEGA HAS BETRAYED US!!!

I hate you.angry.png

Un saludo

BY DERHYUS.cool.png

I don't know if i will play a SEGA game or i will watch a Star Wars film because, only i can see CLONES:

(AiAi/Mee Mee) (Beat/Gun) (Nights /Reala) (Ulala/Pudding)... CLONES

Where is Ryo Hazuki? Where is Opa Opa? Where is Alex Kidd? Where are all important characters?

I'm sad, disapointed and i fell be betrayed by SEGA.

Un saludo

BY DERHYUS.cool.png

You're acting very melodramatic about this aren't you? I'm more interested in the track, etc and everything else the game has to offer besides who made the cut or not.

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 6

You're acting very melodramatic about this aren't you? I'm more interested in the track, etc and everything else the game has to offer besides who made the cut or not.

I'm not melodramatic i'm disapointed and terrible sad.

Game is so cheap because is still incomplete... in a few weeks we will see a lots of DLC, one for each important character (Alex Kidd, Ryo Hazuki, Opa Opa, Bonanza Bros...)

Rooster is a sick... they are only characters clones (secondary characters).

In Europe we all say the same because we hate some characters as Danika and we don't understand why the game hasn't important characters as the first game and it has sicks as Danika or Ralph instead of SEGA CHARACTERS.

Maybe the game sells well, in fact, i don't cancel my pre order but the consecuencies on SEGA fans maybe do that we don't expect so enthusiastic future SEGA games.

Un saludo

BY DERHYUS.cool.png

Edited by DERHYUS

How do you feel betrayed? going as far as saying you hate them? It's just a video game...

They never promised anything. The fact we got the secondary characters is because they added them on their own time. They didn't have to put them in but they did and I'm thankful for that. As Sonfan said I'm more interested in the tracks than characters.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm not melodramatic i'm disapointed and terrible sad.

Game is so cheap because is still incomplete... in a few weeks we will see a lots of DLC, one for each important character (Alex Kidd, Ryo Hazuki, Opa Opa, Bonanza Bros...)

Rooster is a sick... they are only characters clones (secondary characters).

In Europe we all say the same because we hate some characters as Danika and we don't understad why the game hasn't important characters as the first game and it has sicks as Danika or Ralph instead of SEGA CHARACTERS.

Maybe the game sells well, in fact, i don't cancel my pre order but the consecuencies on SEGA fans maybe do that we don't expect so entusiastic future SEGA games.

Un saludo

BY DERHYUS.cool.png

This board is too obsessed with the character rosters that you don't seem to care about other parts of the game. I'm going to play as Sonic most of the time anyway so I don't really care who've made it in. I'm more interested in the new remixes, the tracks, missions, online mode, etc

• Thumbs Up 8

In Europe we all say the same because we hate some characters as Danika and we don't understand why the game hasn't important characters as the first game and it has sicks as Danika or Ralph instead of SEGA CHARACTERS.

Speak for yourself. I see nothing wrong with having Danica or Ralph. It can help promote the game.

Speak for yourself. I see nothing wrong with having Danica or Ralph. It can help promote the game.

I don't particularly care, but two characters who basically amount to nothing beyond publicity stunts taking up roster space in an already controversial lineup is perfectly understandable to take issue with.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 2

To be fair, Ralph as a character makes quite a bit of sense to include and outside of a marketing perspective there's a lot to appreciate with his inclusion. Also what with his licensed game being shitty at least he gets a good game to be in.

It's Danica's inclusion that's reeked of "publicity stunt" ever since her unveiling at E3. Like, I still don't get it.

• Thumbs Up 3

"If teh fird guest isn't Moonwalker turning into a robot, a bunny on a motorbike and a rocket... I'm not buying dis gaem. Fuk u all!"

Is what I'm getting from this thread now.

• Thumbs Up 1

How do you feel betrayed? going as far as saying you hate them? It's just a video game...

They never promised anything. The fact we got the secondary characters is because they added them on their own time. They didn't have to put them in but they did and I'm thankful for that. As Sonfan said I'm more interested in the tracks than characters.

The fact we got all the secondary characters is we haven't got the main characters so we will pay for them on some DLCs.

This board is too obsessed with the character rosters that you don't seem to care about other parts of the game. I'm going to play as Sonic most of the time anyway so I don't really care who've made it in. I'm more interested in the new remixes, the tracks, missions, online mode, etc

There isn't comentator, there aren't main characters, the game contains a lots of intruders and finally, a lot of secondary characters that they are clones of other characters... NO WAY...

I don't say there is something wrong it we can use Danica or Ralph but, as the first game we don't see something wrong with Banjo Kazooie because we can use ALEX KIDD, OPA OPA, RYO HAZUKI, CHU CHUS, Bonanza bross, ZOBIO & ZOBICO... SEGA CHARACTERS... but, in this case, we have a poor roster because, a lot of slots have unuseless characters instead of main characters.

That is the diference. I don't mind that Danika or Ralph or another has in the game, but, if they using a slot characters, SEGA and SUMO must think to put enoght slots for all important SEGA characters.

They don't do it, so, they should be buy a big umbrella because a lot of people will criticize and blame them because the poor roster that they made.

Wow so much drama in the Transformed thread AGAIN.

Judging the game before even playing it...AGAIN.

Or course i will judging it when i play it but for know...

The first roster in SONIC & SEGA ALL STAR RACING is PERFECT but, this roster in SONIC & ALL STAR RACING TRANSFORMED is a awesome and big shit.

A lot of buyers will be disapointed when whit all their ilusion, buy the game, play it and watch the poor roster. So i repeit... SEGA, SUMO... buy a BIG umbrella for criticism.

Un saludo

BY DERHYUS.cool.png

Guys, S0L said ages back (and people repeated several times):

The guest characters were given additional budget to produce by SEGA. If they hadn't been included, there would be no SEGA characters in their place.

Also everyone stfu about

(Minor non-unveiled "clone" character)

Pudding

It's literally the one thing I decided to spoil so I personally don't care, but this isn't the spoiler thread and that would have annoyed me if I didn't make the choice to spoil it.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 2

There isn't comentator, there aren't main characters, the game contains a lots of intruders and finally, a lot of secondary characters that they are clones of other characters... NO WAY...

So..? Again I don't care about the character roster. I'll be playing as Sonic for the most part anyway. Also the comentator not appearing in this game is a big deal for you? lol.

Edited by sonfan1984