Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Hmmm, if I hate the game you'll pay for it. I HATE ALL VERSIONS OF THIS GAME, ALL OF THEM. But, seriously. I can tell I'm going to love this one as much as I did the prequel. I'll be looking forward to it coming in with my launch Wii U.

Agreed, you can easily tell the hard work and dedication that was put into this game. My brother will be getting the PS3 version and I'll try to score the Wii U version and I really did enjoy the first title so I know I wont be dissapointed with it. What I don't get is why are people quick to judge games before they even come out, heck aside from the people who have played it already thanks to breaking the release date, alot of us haven't played it yet. One of the things I never do is judge a game before I play it, I mean how can I come up with the conclusion that the game is incredible or mediocre? Alot of people do that, like some might assume, "Oh it's Sonic or some other game, it's going to suck" I mean really? Have you tried it atleast before saying that? No matter if a game is awesome or it's not good, I atleast play it first rather than just agree with what everyone is saying.

• Thumbs Up 2

I realise English may not be your first or second language, just like Yorkshire is mine and English second. But it's Roster and you know it tongue.png

I know you've been active on the forums long enough to understand the 'secondary' characters were added in our own time and without additional budget. The alternative was simply less characters, and you know, some people out there actually are happy to see MeeMee, Reala, Gum and Pudding. Who wouldn't want 4 more characters for free?

We have added the MANY times requested Vyse and Joe Musashi, as well as updated and brought back Gilius and more. Not only do we have three vehicles per character - and therefore three times the work, but we've tried our best with more cameos, references and more. You will never get every character that every fan wants in a game. This is a fact of life. Bear in mind in many cases, this series of games has represented characters who in some cases haven't even had a game in over ten years. There are few developers or publishers who ever go this far.

I understand you are disappointed. We'd love to include more characters too. But honestly, I'd also love for someone to give me a free lifetime supply of beer and that's not about to happen anytime either!

We have poured our hearts, soul, experience, weekends and evenings into this game. We've foregone time with our families, cancelled holidays, worked 18 hours days constantly and more to bring it to you. We've been upfront about how every decision gets made, explained each character choice, discussed design, features and more. We've done everything we can to represent this game as honestly as we can in public, on the forums, in interviews and more.

I'm struggling to see what else we could have possibly done - it is genuinely the very best game we could make with the time and budget available.

If that's not good enough for you, fair enough, your opinion is your right. But bear all the above in mind when you're actively criticising - and I believe unfairly and immaturely - the combined efforts of a team whose sole purpose of the last two and a half years was to deliver the best All-Stars game to date.

If you hate it so much, PM me your receipt and I will personally refund the money myself. Otherwise, I am genuinely bored of your constant trolling.

And... off to bed smile.png

---

S0L

---

My apologies if I offended you but I would rather have a thousand times to Alex Kidd, Opa Opa and Ryo Hazuki (among others) that clones of other characters as Reala, Gum, Mee Mee, Puding... Moreover, if you (or SEGA) were thinking remove Danika of European and Japanese versions, you had used her car design, the green Hotwhell, in order to it could be used by Ryo Hazuki, Alex Kidd or others.

Without detracting from your work I put a suggestion (in case you do), creating a new vehicle for the next DLC and several characters can sit on it sharing the same All Star but Please ensure that characters missing, can sit in the car again. You can also reuse the vehicle Mii avatar or whatever you want. If you do it, you will do happy a lot of people that we are disappointed and angry at the moment.

Finally, you shouldn't offer to pay the bills for anyone, because I maybe i have made ​​"much noise" or "trolling" (which is not true, only i show my terrible anger), but I'm not the only one who has pissed off roster characters. You know that, it's the truth.

I can assure you, there are very serious absences. So, if you can, in the next DLC try to make a new car (in order to make more easy your work) but, if that car you can sit a lot of missing characters (Alex Kidd, Ryo Hazuki, Opa Opa, Bonanza Bros, Akira...) you would solve the great mistake at the roster.

Un saludo

BY DERHYUS.cool.png

Postscript: Three years ago, i didn't know any english word so, i know that actually i don't speak english very well but i make a great effort in order to will speak it well some day, so, you shouldn't joke to people that they are learning.

Edited by DERHYUS

My apologies if I offended you but I would rather have a thousand times to Alex Kidd, Opa Opa and Ryo Hazuki (among others) that clones of other characters as Reala, Gum, Mee Mee, ******... Moreover, if you (or SEGA) were thinking remove Danika of European and Japanese versions, you had used her car design, the green Hotwhell, in order to it could be used by Ryo Hazuki, Alex Kidd or others.

You reeeeeally don't understand how game design works, dude. =\ And he already said the "clone characters" were put in the game with no additional budget - the team just put the extra time in themselves out of their own choice to beef up the roster however they could. If they weren't in, there would be no other characters in their place.

And geez we all got annoyed at MeeMee for using a car design unfitting of her personality. How would people like it if Alex Kidd was in a car completely generic and out of touch with his personality?

Also

Pudding

is a spoiler people gah, stop mentioning her. 8I

EDIT: Oh wow I didn't even see that S0L post there, he actually told you directly how/why the clone characters were added and you still don't get it.

EDIT2: And geez catching up on the thread in full, no-one even cares about that spoiler anymore do they. XD Whatever.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 2

I just wanted to say one thing: Yes, I am a bit disappointed in the roster, and I would've rather seen other characters instead of Meemee etc.

BUT. The tracks. The music. So many vehicles. That gameplay. So many gameplay modes. Those gorgeous graphics. Those creative ideas on the tracks. Wreck-it f*ckin Ralph. Those fanservice characters that aren't playable but still in the game, all those other references, heck, even the achievements are filled with love!

I can't deny I don't like the roster that much, and I can't deny some of my favourite characters are missing... But when I'm looking at everything else, all those other amazing things in this game, I don't fucking care if some characters are clones or something.

So even if the roster is pretty lackluster (which it is to some people, including me)... The rest of the game makes up for it, easily.

Edited by Thigolf

Finally, you shouldn't offer to pay the bills for anyone, because I maybe i have made ​​"much noise" or "trolling" (which is not true, only i show my terrible anger), but I'm not the only one who has pissed off roster characters. You know that, it's the truth.

DUDE. Nobody cares about your "terrible anger". Stop being an ass to S0L and go the fuck away. If it pisses you off that much, just don't buy the game and stop your incessant bitching.

Edited by PsychoJosh
  • Thumbs Up 9

After showing a few videos of the game, i can only say one thing : Thank's Sumo for making such a game!

All in this game looks amazing, the tracks, the musics, the gameplay, the cast of characters!

From what i have see, it could easily be the best arcade racing game so far for me.

Can't wait to play it on the wii U on 30 november. wub.png

I will say my piece...I honestly didn't care all that much for the character roster at all! I know I will use Amy/Reala so anything else is a bonus!

Hell...even Pudding looks interesting for me!

I am quite literally proud of Sumo Digital being British myself (don't let the country flag fool you), that they have went above and beyond what was expected and delivered a really well damn fine polished game to the market and made it fresh!

The one thing I have been pretty angry about though is the fans reaction and the way some have spoiled the characters on threads that don't show spoiler tags (not here as much, but Sonic Retro, NeoGaf and the like...), I mean...S0L tried so hard to not show the last character and someone gone and spoiled it by hacking into the game! My word fans...can't you bloody hold off for A FEW FRICKEN DAYS!?!

This isn't to anyone in particular, just a certain part of the fanbase in general who have been so selfish and decided to spill the beans....it's fine if you want to be spoiled, but some of us have really hoped that you'd not see them until release...or at least keeping it to yourselves.

Anyway, I look forward to racing some of you online when I do get it...but my word, I am pretty angry at the leaked list as well as people whining why Alex Kidd isn't in...seriously fans...YOU pay for the damn character if he means that much to you. Support the game for what it offers as a package...NOT one section of the package.

Intro!

All Stars theme is back, and better! I also loved the "remake" of the original opening ending.

Edited by Autosaver

If I controlled the roster, every character(besides Shadow) would be Pre-Dreamcast. I'm tired of all the Dreamcast era characters, but then again...I didn't like any of those games. I understand other fans like other things and therefore they should be included. Which means characters I like can't be included. That's life. Sega has IP's from the 80's to now and they have to please 30 years worth of fans. That's not easy. Some of us want more Genesis characters, some of us want characters from Modern games. We got a good mix, mostly.

So if it were up to you, we wouldn't get Beat or Ulala, but we'd get Shadow?

Yeah.. No thanks. And this is coming from a Shadow fan.

• Thumbs Up 9

I don't know if that counts Vyse out too. Skies of Arcadia got a GCN enhanced port (minus enhanced music hurr hurr hurr) but, it was still a Dreamcast era game.

The one thing I have been pretty angry about though is the fans reaction and the way some have spoiled the characters on threads that don't show spoiler tags (not here as much, but Sonic Retro, NeoGaf and the like...), I mean...S0L tried so hard to not show the last character and someone gone and spoiled it by hacking into the game! My word fans...can't you bloody hold off for A FEW FRICKEN DAYS!?

But... Retro and Gaf will do that because thats the nature of those places, to explore strange new games... to seek out unused characters and party finished levels... TO BOLDY CODE WHERE NO MAN HAS CODED BEFORE *level 3 turbo boosts this post into the Delta Quadrant.

On here, we've actually done a pretty good job of of keeping things hush hush, you'll notice theres no spoilers on the front of TSS (which is going to reamin until the game is officially released) topics have been seperated and unlike generations, people have been keeping just about everything off the status updates.

But with regards to 'the final character.'

(not really a spoiler this next bit... but just to be sure).

The reason why I didn't want that one spoilt is because, when I was at the Sumo testing thing, when we picked the characters, there wasn't a screen to show you who they were, and most of the time when you picked a new character, you'd start on a road surface, so when I saw what the road form was I went 'oh it's that...' and thought 'thats disapointing... then when it did it's transformed modes I thought HOLY COW THATS AMAZING! Even the girl next to me who hated Sonic said 'OMG thats awesome!' when i said 'Look it's just a normal car... then you hit the transformed gate and....!"

It's awesome because it's such a misleading thing, you just think 'oh come on, it's just that' then the moment you hit the transform gate you're like OMG AMAZING!

But if you've been reading the spoilers, you know what it does and you don't get that feeling.

Moreover, if you (or SEGA) were thinking remove Danika of European and Japanese versions, you had used her car design, the green Hotwhell, in order to it could be used by Ryo Hazuki, Alex Kidd or others.

Fun fact. Danica was almost removed from the EU version of the game... you know what would have been in her place? Nothing!

in order to it could be used by Ryo Hazuki, Alex Kidd or others.

Do you have any idea how game development works?

And no it's not "S0L I command thee, make me thine Ryo Hazuki with the 1970's trousers mode and a transforming forklift by the weekend *claps hands like a genie*"

It's more...

"Alright lets work for 3 months just designing what each vehicle is going to be like then we'll spend another couple of months actually trying to get it working in the game without it crashing every second... and we'll try to make it fit in the game too"

• Thumbs Up 1

I feel bad for S0L, he doesnt deserve to see this stupid constant whining, its embarassing to be honest. So much work put into this game, to see complaints about "clone" characters, when in reality they are bonus characters added into the roster, I mean seriously how many times do they need to say that? much better to have em than not having them at all, In all honesty Im extremely happy to see Gum, Reala, and Meemee, plus theres so many references, the tracks are so much better, the items are also much better, the gameplay seems to be better, plus the 3 modes, they made the game better in pretty much every way possible, and we should be giving props to S0L/Rex and Sumo in general for this awesome game, Ill have to wait quite a while to get it, since Ill be getting it for the Wii U version (and 3DS version), and its possible I wont be finding a Wii U soon, those things will be going out of stock before I even get there xD (specially since I dont live in the US, I live in Guatemala and we get all the stuff late tongue.png ) but I know the wait will be quite worth it. I know me and my friends will enjoy this game for a lot of time.

EDIT: So sorry guys! I noticed quickly I had included a certain character without spoiler tags, I removed it as fast as I could, sorry if someone saw at the moment I posted it, my bad :C

Edited by dabbido

To Steve:

You may not see this comment for a while or at all, but I just wanna say that it was a blast having you come back and hang around! To be honest, after the first All-Stars game I thought that was it, and since then all the Sonic titles were missing something (Colors, Generations) and that something was awesome developers like you and SumoRex who frequent the fan forums. When we (SEGAbits) got the secret invite for the reveal of some sort of Sonic racing game, the first thing I thought of was you guys making your big return to the forums. Thanks for tolerating us, answering our questions, doing the podcasts and interviews and having the occasional laugh. See you next game! smile.png

Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 9

I forgot Skies of Arcadia, that's awesome. I just seriously don't like Space Channel 5 or Jet Set Radio. Or Samba , but he's not in this game.

My larger point was that if a roster was made for me...that's how it would look. But I'm happy those characters are in for other people, games aren't made for me. Or you. We all value different things ahead of others, and developers have to value all of our tastes.I really wish Alex Kidd and Streets of Rage were represented, but this isn't Master System and Genesis All-Stars Racing. I think that's the fair way to evaluate character rosters in these sorts of games. "Do the characters please all segments of the fanbase? Does it bring everyone a little of something, instead of just one subgroup of fans?" So yeah, I'm defending the game's roster because it has to appeal to all kinds of different Sega fans. Not just our own peculiar tastes.

Well okay, it didn't represent the guy that wanted Banjo. But still...

Edited by Crazizzle
  • Thumbs Up 1

Crazizzle, Amigo is in the game as well as a Samba de Amigo track. tongue.png

Was about to say that, but got Ninja´d by you :P

to be completely honest Im very happy with the roster, I am the type of guy that tries all characters but in the end sticks with 2-3 and I got more than enough to pick from, Im more than happy to have Vyse, Joe and Gillius to chose from, plus the usual Sonic and friends, thats more than enough for me, and this time around you cant complain because the character you like doesnt handle well / doesnt have enough speed, since we got the mods now, that was one brilliant idea.

..So Someone posted this on GoNintendo. I thought I would copy/paste his reply here. I thought it was funny.

"After Sonic bashed Robotnik out of the way, Robotnik fell at an awkward angle and his head collided with a rock. Needless to say, his skull got split open. The unconscious and bleeding Robotnik began to sink under the weight of his vehicle, slowly being dragged to the bottom of the river. Mean while, Sonic was too busy chortling and focusing on the race to realise that Robotnik never resurfaced. The following racers proceeded to hit Robotnik with the hull of their transformed boats, crippling him even more. There was no hope.

After the race was complete, people began to realise that one racer had not finished. After some searching, they found Robotnik trapped under the river, and upon rescuing tried to revive him. Unfortunately, the damage to his head and lack of oxygen for several hours and left him completely brain dead. When affronted of this terrible deed, all Sonic could say in his defence was "Gotta go fast!".

Needless to say, this was a dark day for gaming and indeed, the world.

RIP Robotnik. You were a hero."

• Thumbs Up 3

..So Someone posted this on GoNintendo. I thought I would copy/paste his reply here. I thought it was funny.

"After Sonic bashed Robotnik out of the way, Robotnik fell at an awkward angle and his head collided with a rock. Needless to say, his skull got split open. The unconscious and bleeding Robotnik began to sink under the weight of his vehicle, slowly being dragged to the bottom of the river. Mean while, Sonic was too busy chortling and focusing on the race to realise that Robotnik never resurfaced. The following racers proceeded to hit Robotnik with the hull of their transformed boats, crippling him even more. There was no hope.

After the race was complete, people began to realise that one racer had not finished. After some searching, they found Robotnik trapped under the river, and upon rescuing tried to revive him. Unfortunately, the damage to his head and lack of oxygen for several hours and left him completely brain dead. When affronted of this terrible deed, all Sonic could say in his defence was "Gotta go fast!".

Needless to say, this was a dark day for gaming and indeed, the world.

RIP Robotnik. You were a hero."

This is beyond us. *Bravo*

rollercoaster of surprises.

---

S0L

---

This is exactly the reason why I haven't spoiled myself. It's going to be an amazing rollercoaster

Those of you who are still trying to avoid spoilers.

Signs are we might be getting a new trailer tomorrow.

Those of you who are still trying to avoid spoilers.

Signs are we might be getting a new trailer tomorrow.

Good. It's about time we get a launch trailer methinks :P