Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

It seems F1 Racestars by Codemasters is going to be this game's rival. Despite the superdeformed celebrities, that game looks halfway decent.

Watched the trailer and gameplay video for that F1 kart game. Most power-ups look pretty boring even by generic power-up standards. Just different colored balls with no obvious function, also a bullet bill clone. There is one awesome weather power-up that makes it rain like crazy and affects the kart's handling which is a great idea. So yeah it looks like it could be fun.

The fact that boosting is so freely given without a skill-based mechanic like powersliding is worrying for any long term value in the game. There is nothing to get better at to improve your times other than smart pit management to avoid the slight speed penalty for damaged karts. It's obviously aimed at a younger audience or for F1 fans to play with their kids.

If only the game was called Sonic F1 Race Stars, sales would double.

Edited by Ball Hog Badnik
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't care about powerups, I just want speed more than anything. Just give me speed, decent controls and good graphics. That's all I really want in a racing game.

I don't care about powerups, I just want speed more than anything. Just give me speed, decent controls and good graphics. That's all I really want in a racing game.

Well Transformed is incredibly fast, even when it's not on the hardest setting, it has amazing graphics and very good controls.

God damn it, who cares about the stupid fucking gamepad, stop zooming in on it and show the game.

You really didn't need to zoom in on it more than once, we get it, it displays a map screen.

God damn it, who cares about the stupid fucking gamepad, stop zooming in on it and show the game.

You really didn't need to zoom in on it more than once, we get it, it displays a map screen.

Edited by KrazyBean

in crystal clear HD. You can see all the details including the... oddly shaped bulge on Sonic's crotch when he waves to you at the start... .. .. .. . .Hmmm.

• Thumbs Up 1

*Video*

in crystal clear HD. You can see all the details including the... oddly shaped bulge on Sonic's crotch when he waves to you at the start... .. .. .. . .Hmmm.

Danica just pinged at him.

Mind you, the augmented reality T-shirts are due out this week if that article was anything to go by, not seen any sign of those either.

But dangit I want that car =p

Getting worried now really. I don't want to miss out on that merch. No doubt it'll be rare before long. Not to mention it's simply interesting too.

Yeah. I'm pretty doubtful we'll be seeing the car on this side of the pond either, which is a shame too. If SEGA can't say anything until the retailer does, you think they'd at least tell us that in the press release.

Well, in the event that I get two of the car (I'm planning on getting the 360 and 3DS versions) I'd gladly sell it to a UK fan for a very fair price. If it ends up that it's a US only thing, perhaps we can open a topic in the merch forum for people to work out sales/trades. I'd assume a number of US fans are getting more than one version of the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Still no word on the Hot Wheels car and we're less than a week til release!

Regarding the Hot Wheels car: I did some online sleuthing, looking at retailer ads for this week and next. Thus far, Target and Best Buy show nothing in their ads for this week. Next week is BLACK FRIDAY so the leaked ads were all deals and nothing regarding new releases. I assume there is a yet to be released regular weekly ad, or the black friday ad is the only ad their putting out. I'll try and see if Gamestop or TRU ads are out there.

Given that new ads release on Sundays, and the game releases Sunday, chances are that if nothing is said outside of ads, we won't know until the day of.

Edited by Barry the Nomad

RE: HotWheels Car.

This may end up being an instore giveaway. Like with what happened with Resident Evil 5 and what should have happened with the God Damn Argos Sonic Colours figure. Instead of say 'pre-orders guarantee a toy' more like 'we'll give you the toy with a purchase of the game until we run out.'

Something similar happened in the UK with those Generations T-Shirts HMV were handing out, never advertised it, just gave them out... now they sell for £50 each.

I've been looking and calling stores to see if they are going to carry the car and so far no luck. Though I'm aiming more that either Target or Toys R Us is going to carry the damn car.

Something similar happened in the UK with those Generations T-Shirts HMV were handing out, never advertised it, just gave them out... now they sell for £50 each.

Well, at least SEGA had the courtesy to announce this at any rate. The Generations shirts only spread by word of mouth, and in store the promotion was actually supposed to be cancelled. When I got mine, the cashier I was talking to knew nothing about it, but luckily the manager over heard and said they had a few.

Should reviews already start rolling? Game is out in a couple of days!

Well the IGN review is out now.

It got a 7.5, still better than LBPK atleast

PS this is all bullshit

Edited by BeelzeBummer

Man, just over 2 days until it's released and I'm already pretty excited about it.

I stopped looking at IGN review scores when they turned into little fanboys, lets see just what kind of score they give it when they've been pretending it doesn't exist unless they're told to include it.