Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Hi I'm new here and judging from my avatar, yes I'm a Nintendo fan, but I like Sega's games too, and yes I've read the rules before you ask.I also hope to become a regular poster here. Now that that's out of the way, I understand SOL is a developer for Sonic and All-Stars Racing Trasnformed and I wanted to ask him a few questions if possible.

Not sure if anyone has asked him before or if he's answered this question already, and since the game is coming out in a week, I thought this would be a good chance to ask him now. Anyway, here is my questions, I've seen the trailers for the game and it looks cool, and I love it that it also has non-Sega characters in it, kinda making this like the Super Smash Bros of racing games if that makes sense. If you could, who would you add from third and/or first party video game characters to be playable in the game? Like for Sony, Crash would be pretty neat, since he's been in his fair share of racing games like that PS1 one and Tag Team Racing, I think it's the one with transforming cars. Nintendo-wise, Diddy Kong would be cool since he does have the vehicles to be in the game. For MS, not sure, maybe Banjo.

And it would be cool to have atleast a level from those exclusive characters. And, now that the game is done, or close to releasing, what are your plans now? Are you going to work on some new games? And which games would you want to work on now? I heard that if you could, you'd work on a new F-Zero game, that is awesome, I'd really love a new F-Zero game, since Sega did a great job with GX.

Also I heard that the Wii U version is going to have exclusive content in it, and that has me interested. I was going to get Halo 4 and NFS: Most Wanted, but the first sign I see Mario or something Nintendo related in the game, I'll pass those and get this game instead, even though my brother was already getting the PS3 version. Sorry if it took me too long to get to the point.

Let me try to answer this: Yes, there are third party characters, but they're kinda weird for a game like this; Danica Patrick and Wreck-It Ralph. There is another unrevealed one, but it's not a Nintendo character and it's speculated that it has a connection to SEGA(some signs point to Taro from Segagaga ATM).

Edited by Beat

Let me try to answer this: Yes, there are third party characters, but they're kinda weird for a game like this; Danica Patrick and Wreck-It Ralph. There is another unrevealed one, but it's not a Nintendo character and it's speculated that it has a connection to SEGA(some signs point to Taro from Segagaga ATM).

I think Ralph fits right in actually. He's game-hopping from Sugar Rush to something more challenging like All-Stars Racing. Sonic cameos in the movie so it's returning the favor.

As for Danica, purely marketing driven decision right there and not that she fits in the game.

Edited by Ball Hog Badnik

Can anyone make out what's reflected in Eggman's glasses and buttons on that new artwork render? It looks like a racetrack and a volcano or some sort of butte.

That's butt with an E.

Looks like the PC version of S&ASRT may have leaked online. Just found a torrent while searching for news.

Looks like the PC version of S&ASRT may have leaked online. Just found a torrent while searching for news.

I'm testing this theory. Won't share links or leaks, but wow...

EDIT: Looks like it might be fake.

Edited by Blue Blood

I'm testing this theory. Won't share links or leaks, but wow...

Ok, let me know how you get on. If it's legit, I might do a news post about it.

Ok, let me know how you get on. If it's legit, I might do a news post about it.

Well on one site it's already been flagged as fake or dangerous. So take that as you will.

Edited by Blue Blood

Is it a good idea to publicly spread info about how to get a leak when the lead designer is a friendly member of the forum that posts here?

Edited by Ball Hog Badnik
  • Thumbs Up 1

Is it a good idea to publicly spread info about how to get a leak when the lead designer is a friendly member of the forum that posts here?

That wasn't my intention, I was just bringing it to everyone's attention. I didn't say where I found it or link to it.

• Thumbs Up 1

That wasn't my intention, I was just bringing it to everyone's attention. I didn't say where I found it or link to it.

In other words, you got caught out after finding out that they regulate on this forum.

Oh well, don't spread torrent links anyway.

In other words, you got caught out after finding out that they regulate on this forum.

Oh well, don't spread torrent links anyway.

No. I've been here for years and already know they regulate on this forum.

• Thumbs Up 3

Knuckles' vehicles look absolutely awesome laugh.png but then again, it IS Knuckles, obviously he gets the best looking vehicle wink.png I'm also pretty fond of Sonic and Eggman's vehicles, hell this game as a whole looks better and better every time I see it...

Knuckles' vehicles look absolutely awesome laugh.png but then again, it IS Knuckles, obviously he gets the best looking vehicle wink.png I'm also pretty fond of Sonic and Eggman's vehicles, hell this game as a whole looks better and better every time I see it...

Yes Knuxter.

Anyways, yeah, really like that all of them are the same type. It makes it harder to awe us but SUMO keeps doing it! :D

Oh lol. That's the wrong game again! Is that for SASR or ASRT?

It's Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed, yes. Just PSN... Mistaken. >:3

UPD: I added full page ASRT.

Edited by Woun

So there will be a digital version of the game? *canceling pre-order*

Nah, I want to have the box version of this one :)

So anyway, the game has been leaked? On PC?? I call this bullshit.

So there will be a digital version of the game? *canceling pre-order*

Nah, I want to have the box version of this one smile.png

So anyway, the game has been leaked? On PC?? I call this bullshit.

It's been reported as fake on at least one site, and is a measly 2.25GB. I'm guessing fake.

entered! let's hope for the best...anyway I'm not canceling my orders even if I win...I'd sell the game to someone else :D

Anyway too bad for the leaks out there, I guess it is inevitable nowadays though...I'm afraid of this mostly because I won't be able to stay away from spoilers *_*