Awoo.

Ultimate Spider-man (cartoon)

Eternal EX

We've got some more episode titles listed(as well as some EMH episodes listed).

http://marvel.toonzo...fullnews&id=797

Back in Black probably means Venom returns for round two. While I'd wager Freaky will probably be based off the old Wolverine and Spider-man body swap story that happened in the Ultimate universe sometime ago.

I was thinking maybe he gets in the Black suit............

tumblr_m2f4yqCT3J1rn1o5xo1_1280.jpg

The fuck is that? Anime meets Spidey?

Ya know, one thing I liked about Spectacular is that is made Flash seems like a depthful character; yeah he started off as a typical Jerk Jock, but over the course of the series he gradually grew away from that stereotype showing that he was indeed a decent person; helping Spidey save Gwen from Venom, being the first to call Peter out on his callous behavior when he had the symbiote , and realizing that his typical attitude wasn't going to impress a girl he liked, hell by the end of the second season you could call him and Peter friends. Overall, some pretty deep character development.

We're not going to get that same treatment with this Flash are we?

Ultimate Flash was just as shallow as this characterization. Hell, out of all of Peter's classmates, he is the only one who didn't go to his funeral. The entire city made time for it and asshole couldn't even skip class to go.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ultimate Flash was just as shallow as this characterization. Hell, out of all of Peter's classmates, he is the only one who didn't go to his funeral. The entire city made time for it and asshole couldn't even skip class to go.

Seriously? Just..wow.

After Episode 3, my patience for the jokes is starting to wear thin. The show is good, don't get me wrong, but... that's it. It's just good. I liked the premier a lot because it showed potential for a great show, but now I'm just not seeing it. I'll keep watching to see if it ever gets better; not even Spectacular was all that great until about the fourth episode.

"Just good" is fine, but it just makes me miss Spectacular more. I was really hoping that wouldn't happen.

I stopped comparing this to Spectacular because there are very few writers that can match the talent of Greg Weisman. I implore you guys to watch Young Justice and see exactly what I mean. He is the Christopher Nolan of Superhero cartoons and really has no comparison.

When it comes to Ultimate version comic, I prefer the Peter Parker version of him over any other universe. I like the modern reinterpretation of Spider-man and I love Miles Morales. It has weaknesses as well such as Mary Jane and Gwen Stacey and etc.

...Wait a minute, where the hell is Iceman and Firestar? If Spidey is going to be on a superhero team, add them at least. Shit, we need one more girl to even it out.

Edited by turbojet

Wait, why does Venom look like his pre-Eddie Brock state? I remember seeing in a promo for the show, Venom looked just like he usually does. (Unless, of course, that promo clip was from a future episode with Venom.)

Edited by Ultimate Freddie-Man

Ok, the fourth episode seems to have finally hit its stride; the fight with Venom was actually taken seriously with far less cutaway gags, and fourth wall breaks, part of the episode focused on Pete trying to maintain his masquerade along with maintain his friendship with Harry. If if the rest of the season is like this, then I can say this show can actually be good.

Ok, the fourth episode seems to have finally hit its stride; the fight with Venom was actually taken seriously with far less cutaway gags, and fourth wall breaks, part of the episode focused on Pete trying to maintain his masquerade along with maintain his friendship with Harry. If if the rest of the season is like this, then I can say this show can actually be good.

Nah they were still there, it wasn't until Peter got absorbed by Venom that it finally stopped and got serious. Mind you they did cut back but it annoyed the fuck out of me when the show starts and 8 seconds in they had a 4th wall break. they still need to cut back on these jokes.

Must they feel the need to re-introuduce somebody in every episode? by now its been estliblashed on who everyone is we don't need a 4th wall break to tell us again, we have attention spans longer then that. hope that stops.

And it looks like Harry is going to be Venom this time around not Eddie, then again we haven't seen a trace of Eddie so maybe hes not even in this universe.

Edited by goku262002

And it looks like Harry is going to be Venom this time around not Eddie, then again we haven't seen a trace of Eddie so maybe hes not even in this universe.

I'm pretty sure he isn't, he doesn't have anything agaisnt Spider-Man, so why would he become Venom and try to kill him? (or he could be some Spider-Man ally this time around too.) Eddie Brock became (or stayed) Venom because him and the symbiote wanted revenge on Peter Parker, unless of course the symbiote takes FULL control of Harry, which even then, I'm pretty sure he could atleast try and fight it.

Edited by Ultimate Symbiotic-Freddie

Remember that this Venom isn't Alien but Human created, it was created to be negative so even if the user isn't negative this Venom will latch on to them and make them negative. Besides I can kind of see the crack in Harry and Peter's friendship already.

Edited by goku262002

Remember that this Venom isn't Alien but Human created, it was created to be negative so even if the user isn't negative this Venom will latch on to them and make them negative. Besides I can kind of see the crack in Harry and Peter's friendship already.

I guess, but it still seems kind-of strange for Harry to be Venom, mostly because he is the Green Goblin. (Other than his father.) But I've never read any of the Ultimate comics, so I have no idea if Harry was ever the Green Goblin in those.

Alternate continuity, they can do whatever the fuck they want just as long as it seems reasonable

I liked this episode, a good way to introduce venom without having to tell the same space monster origin for the 100th time and watching the symbiote go from host to host was cool.

I Really liked this episode the most out of the others shown. Yes it had it's hammy moments but there were less than the last few Episodes. I just hope it ends up throughout the series getting more serious as more episodes come.

I'm not a fan of what they did with Venom but how it jumped hosts was a nice touch. What finished it off was how a piece of it lived.....and Harry captured it. But the opening scene with Spidey getting chased by a robot, only for it to end with his butt showing was very LAME. Aside from that I'm still not getting into Drake's voice. It just does not fit Spidey. As for the hole in the friendship of Parker and Osborn, that will become something to look forward too. Also, since MJ is one of Parker's best friends, who is his love interest? I heard it's suppose to be Gwen Stacy.....

Also, since MJ is one of Parker's best friends, who is his love interest? I heard it's suppose to be Gwen Stacy.....

I don't think she will appear for a while, but the funny thing is, apparently the person that will voice her is the same person who currently voices Charmy Bee. (Last I checked, atleast.)

I don't think she will appear for a while, but the funny thing is, apparently the person that will voice her is the same person who currently voices Charmy Bee. (Last I checked, atleast.)

Oh Colleen O' Shaughnessy? Yeah, she appears a lot, she also voices Wasp in the Avengers.

But the opening scene with Spidey getting chased by a robot, only for it to end with his butt showing was very LAME.

Yeah about that, was the blur intended or did the network actually blur that out? it would be pretty pathetic if Disney XD blurred that pants rip scene.

Yeah I can already see how Harry is going to be Venom. But one thing, I'm guessing Venom's weakness isn't supersonic waves anymore right?

So I just watched the first two episodes, and I have to say it's good. Just good, not great or awesome like Spectacular. The constant 4th wall breaking is annoying, and the jokes are way too overdone. Other then that, it's pretty good. Drake Bell is actually pretty decent as Spidey, and the animation is drop dead gorgeous (this is the one place it beats Spectacular). It's problems hold it back, but if you can tolerate them, then by all means give this show a try.

Still, it makes me miss the awesomeness of Spectacular even more.......

And BTW, where can I find Ep 3 and 4? They are not on the website.

Edited by Chaos Warp

I already said this on the status but I'll repeat it here.

Thing is about those "Watch Anime, anywhere anytime" sites is they heavly rely on video sites to support them which means they constantly have to deal with removals and whatnot that the episodes don't stay up for long and may not come back for awhile. Best just to take my suggestion and sign up to Cartoon-World, it'll save you allot of headache. In fact heres a thread you can watch:

http://forum.cartoon...hp?f=76&t=44999 (720p)

http://forum.cartoon-world.org/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=45022 (480p)

Also:

"You're watching Ultimate Spider Man english subbed"

Lol.

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 1

So finally finished watching the new episode, and while I do acknowledge it's an improvement over the previous episodes I was still throughly bored the majority of the episode. I'm still not given a reason to like the teamates honestly it feels like they're taking the sentry route with them. Meaning instead of fleshing them out and focusing on developing their individual personalities they just went and said "Oh you don't like them? Then we will make you like them by constantly shoving them in your face!"

Doc Ock on the other hand really interests me. He's still got this mystery to him, and Tom Kenny really sells it.

• Thumbs Up 3

So I just finished watched the first episode.

Pretty good! I can't really compare it to Spectacular Spiderman, since I've never really seen it before, but Ultimate Spiderman kinda gives me Teen Titans vibes, and since that was one of my favorites during my young teen years, I ain't complaining. I heard they have some of the same people working on it, so that could be why.

Not really sure how I feel about the use cutaway gags or the Ferris Bueller style 4th wall breaking. Cutaway gags gave me a few chuckles here and there, but It kinda got abused at times... Though this is my first episode though so I'm gonna watch the rest sometime soon. I'm kinda dreading the Dr. Doom fight though, after seeing everyone's reaction to it here.

Edited by Wayward Vagabond

Also, since Norman Osborne...wait, spoilers.

Since Norman Osborne ordered Doc Ock to make a new, much-stronger symbiote, you know what that means?

Pure Carnage.

Edited by Ultimate Symbiotic-Freddie

Just realized this episode has the opposite problem of the earlier two episodes. In the first two they were showing us various things that didn't need to be shown but told through dialogue or such as the relationships with Harry and MJ, or in cases of Aunt May's active life and Normans master plan should've been fleshed out throughout the course of the series and not just been told then and there.

Enter episode 4 Venom, notice alot of things happen off screen here: Octopus creates a giant Octo-interceptor, Venom breaking out of Doc's lab, Venom tracking down Peter and somehow making it's way into the NY water systems, and somehow along the way managing to get a grasp on the english language.

All this happens off screen, which could've really added to the story but seems like the show runners don't seem to share in my perspective. Instead we get a needless reminder of who peters hero friends are, and two cutaway jokes in the middle of battles with Venom and the Octo-interceptor.