Awoo.

Ultimate Spider-man (cartoon)

Eternal EX

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh What?

Sorry for what seems like spam but I swear if they fuck up venom, fans all over will rage harder than what Sonic fans did for S4E1 and Sonic 06.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh What?

Sorry for what seems like spam but I swear if they fuck up venom, fans all over will rage harder than what Sonic fans did for S4E1 and Sonic 06.

Edited by Balding Spider

What the hell is that? explain. it looks like something you'd see in the mangaverse...

• Thumbs Up 3

It's the Ultimate Goblin, I'm not a fan of the look since it just comes off as another Hulk like character to me. I do however like the Ultimate version of Osborn though since they've kept him consistently evil, mad, and cunning, and not pull something really stupid like making him an Adaptoid, or the fucking President.

It did annoy me how Ultimate Goblin is essentially the Hulk, at least they're doing something different with Venom this time, which is always refreshing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Watched the first three episodes and I'm honestly not too sure where I stand on it so far.

It wouldn't be Spidey if he wasn't cracking jokes all over the place, but the constant fourth wall breaking does really bother me. Makes me feel like I'm watching a watered-down Deadpool instead of Spider-Man. :S I have absolutely nothing against more lighthearted takes on superheroes, and I'd be lying if I said some of the jokes hadn't made me laugh. It's just the fact that Spidey himself seems so... wacky and that's kind of off-putting.

There are quite a few things I do like about it though. The animation is gorgeous, the voice cast is stellar (except for Spider-Man. Not sure who's the whiniest out of Bell and Maguire, although I do admit he sounded a hell of a lot better by episode 3) and I love how many characters have been introduced already. But when it's following on in the footsteps of Spectacular and you consider that Paul frickin' Dini wrote the first couple of episodes, it's just a bit of a letdown. I was expecting so much more from it.

I'll check out a few more episodes before I decide either way though. It's been decent enough so far that I am curious to see how it pans out.

Agreed; the Green Goblin always came across as Marvel's equivalent to The Joker to me, so seeing him as a massive hulking beast is completely unfitting.

To be fair, he was also a massive hulking beast in the Noir Dimension, and this is a new universe, so of course there are going to be changes. I mean, if this was still the main universe then we wouldn't have the awesome, fun Aunt May. Just remember, this is Ultimate Spider-Man.

Honestly though, I actually like the 4th-wall jokes and cutaway gags. Actually, I think that's part of the appeal of the show, besides of course the more light-hearted feel it has compared to some of the other shows.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go search for that third episode since the official site never put it up.

• Thumbs Up 1

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go search for that third episode since the official site never put it up.

You can watch the third episode here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VeaFQZZjPQ

Anyway I'll share my thoughts on episode 3 since I havent yet. So Spoilers ahead guyz.

Much like Goku I'm not enjoying this show, to me it's another example of an interesting premis that fails to deliver in writing and characterization. And boy does it show in episode 3 when Man of Action starts taking up the pen. How would you describe peter parker? A good hearted responsible boy genius right? Wrong, because in this episode they're not writting Peter, they're writting Ben/Rex from their previous shows.

Meaning the main character is an irresponsibe jackass, and sports a larger than life ego. And that's what we've got when Peter gives Sam shit for hanging around Harry and MJ durring lunch and then when their team is about to go after Doom spidey know's this is a bad idea but instead of speaking up he decides to keep shut and let things play out as they all take off in a stolen shield jet. I'll keep this brief they face off against Doom and his bot's, they capture doom but it's really a bot so they work together to save the day, and then they all pull a Spartacus when Fury asks whose fault all this was.

Oh and there was a Jetpack joke that arose three times for no significant reason and wasn't funny the first time.

This episode was just a big pile of facepalm. None of this would've happened if Spidey wasn't depicted as one of the most irresponsible heroes on the planet. Rather than take up the role of hero with the most experience and tell them this won't end well, he chooses to escalate his rivalry with Nova no matter what.

I'll stick around for the Venom episode, and view it again when the seventh episode airs. Because c'mon, when am I ever going to see Taskmaster of all characters appear in a Marvel cartoon again?

Edited by Balding Spider
  • Thumbs Up 1

...Ugh, I'm starting to see why people don't like this, probably for the same reason people aren't too keen with Sonic Colors. The series just really doesn't know when to take itself seriously, even in its most serious moments they try to force far more humor than what's needed. I understand its Spiderman, and his quips are meant to lighten the mood, its just that it goes beyond even that to the point of absurdity; There are far too many fourth wall breaks, and the visual gags just come at the most inappropriate times(When a nuclear reactor is about to go off, it is not time to be making fat jokes).

It just feels like its trying way too hard to be "funny" at the expense of any actual suspense, like a poor man's Teen Titans, but that show knew when to take itself seriously despite its general tongue and cheek attitude, something this series kind of misses the mark on.

I miss Spectacular SpiderMan, that is a true Spiderman cartoon in my book; the fights are taken seriously despite Spidey's quips. I dunno, I think this would be more appropriate as a Deadpool cartoon than a Spiderman one.

On a positive note, the animation is gorgeous, and Drake Bell does a surprisingly good Spiderman. I usually judge a show until its first season is over so I'll stick around.

• Thumbs Up 3

...Ugh, I'm starting to see why people don't like this, probably for the same reason people aren't too keen with Sonic Colors. The series just really doesn't know when to take itself seriously, even in its most serious moments they try to force far more humor than what's needed. I understand its Spiderman, and his quips are meant to lighten the mood, its just that it goes beyond even that to the point of absurdity; There are far too many fourth wall breaks, and the visual gags just come at the most inappropriate times(When a nuclear reactor is about to go off, it is not time to be making fat jokes).

It just feels like its trying way too hard to be "funny" at the expense of any actual suspense, like a poor man's Teen Titans, but that show knew when to take itself seriously despite its general tongue and cheek attitude, something this series kind of misses the mark on.

I miss Spectacular SpiderMan, that is a true Spiderman cartoon in my book; the fights are taken seriously despite Spidey's quips. I dunno, I think this would be more appropriate as a Deadpool cartoon than a Spiderman one.

On a positive note, the animation is gorgeous, and Drake Bell does a surprisingly good Spiderman. I usually judge a show until its first season is over so I'll stick around.

This sums up my thoughts too. Unlike the Titans and SSM, TASM is soo childish that it should have just been a deadpool cartoon. My hope still remains on how he deals with the rest of the BIG names like Iron man and Venom. If those flop, I will be a very depressed spidey fan and hope that this series gets cancelled. At least I can still watch Thunder cats.

I'm watching it, need to pause. I can't get over this detail. Shield has a secret tunnel that leads from Midtown High's Detention room...okay...that's convenient. And it leads to the...underwater hellicarrier?

....Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?

I'm willing to overlook them all suddenly being in their costumes, I just want to know how any of the above even begins to make sense.

EDIT: Alright, I think this episode has swayed me a little more positively. I enjoyed the action, Doom was menacing, and a good number of the jokes worked quite well. I still want to slap it whenever it breaks the fourth wall or pulls a Scott Pilgrim-esque moment, though.

Edited by Speederino

. I still want to slap it whenever it breaks the fourth wall or pulls a Scott Pilgrim-esque moment, though.

For some reason I love this. "KO! VS!". I kinda wished other cartoons would do that.

I just try and think of show as the child born from a freaky three way involving, Ultimate spider-man comic, Spider-man and his amazing friends and Teen Titan's cartoon.

Just try and have fun with it.

I don't understand the whole cry for "SRSNESS", we're barley 3 eps in, and yet people are crying that it needs more drama and seriousness, like, let the show grow half a season, or so, and actually build relationships and shit, Titans never jumped into darker stories that earlier, give the show some time. I just wonder if the show could pull drama in the first place.

but i restate, kool show.

• Thumbs Up 1

http://marvel.com/ne...isode_4_preview

Venoms official first reveal in the show and he arises from the crapper, and Flash tries to sacrifice Peter to it.....*sigh*

Ya know, one thing I liked about Spectacular is that is made Flash seems like a depthful character; yeah he started off as a typical Jerk Jock, but over the course of the series he gradually grew away from that stereotype showing that he was indeed a decent person; helping Spidey save Gwen from Venom, being the first to call Peter out on his callous behavior when he had the symbiote , and realizing that his typical attitude wasn't going to impress a girl he liked, hell by the end of the second season you could call him and Peter friends. Overall, some pretty deep character development.

We're not going to get that same treatment with this Flash are we?

• Thumbs Up 7

I haven't been able to watch any episodes of this show yet, just a few clips and stuff, but I must honestly say that I am interested in it. The animation and writing looks great, like a really good cartoon to just sit down and enjoy when it's on.

Apparently, a lot of people watched Spectacular Spider-Man as well..another one I didn't get to experience. Luckily, I don't need a channel I don't have in order to watch that one.

Ya know, one thing I liked about Spectacular is that is made Flash seems like a depthful character; yeah he started off as a typical Jerk Jock, but over the course of the series he gradually grew away from that stereotype showing that he was indeed a decent person; helping Spidey save Gwen from Venom, being the first to call Peter out on his callous behavior when he had the symbiote , and realizing that his typical attitude wasn't going to impress a girl he liked, hell by the end of the second season you could call him and Peter friends. Overall, some pretty deep character development.

We're not going to get that same treatment with this Flash are we?

So long as MOA is writing no, I mean even in their other shows supporting characters undergoing development was a rarity. Granted this might change over time if Dini and Bendis start writing more episodes through the span of the series.

That or they'll go the Ultimate route and make Kenny/Kong undergo the good guy transformation which I'd have no real problem with.

Just throwing it out there....Does this series even have an intro? We are about to be 3 episodes in and I've yet to see one pop up. I mean I kinda want to see and hear what the intro is like. Sometimes that helps me get into the series.

I don't think it has an intro. Like you, I thought maybe the first/second episode simply didn't have it (it wouldn't be the first pilot episode of a series to do such a thing), but since there wasn't one in the third episode...I'm guessing there's no intro at all.

To be honest, that's my biggest disappointment with the series so far. No intro! It's practically a tradition to have a catchy theme song for Spidey cartoons. :( Oh well.

*Cries and curls up in the corner* But but but.....Oh fuck it. At least I get to see Venom this weekend. And I guess it's not all bad since ThunderCats 2011 does not have an intro.

its funny the show doesn't have a intro or ending credits but it still tends to be 5 minutes longer in a normal 30 minute program! does Disney need that channel advertising that bad or are those (totally not a DC-nation stolen idea) marvel heroes/abilities segments causing the show to be longer?

I just try and think of show as the child born from a freaky three way involving, Ultimate spider-man comic, Spider-man and his amazing friends and Teen Titan's cartoon.

Just try and have fun with it.

I don't understand the whole cry for "SRSNESS", we're barley 3 eps in, and yet people are crying that it needs more drama and seriousness, like, let the show grow half a season, or so, and actually build relationships and shit, Titans never jumped into darker stories that earlier, give the show some time. I just wonder if the show could pull drama in the first place.

but i restate, kool show.

Your not getting our complaints. were complaining how this show can't take itself seriously in any situation its always gotta have a cut away gag or a bad joke or a 4th wall being broken and can't go 5 minutes of just straight action without these elements. its overkill and its annoying not even teen titans did that! this show needs to learn when to stop trying to be funny and just let a scene be a scene. that Doom fight would've been way more better if fucking parker didn't keep interrupting thinking about jetpacks and whatnot.

Edited by goku262002

We've got some more episode titles listed(as well as some EMH episodes listed).

"1-07 Exclusive"

05/06/2012 11:00:00 AM P TV-Y7 FV

"1-08 Back in Black"

05/13/2012 11:00:00 AM P TV-Y7 FV

"1-09 Freaky"

05/20/2012 11:00:00 AM P TV-Y7 FV

Edited by Balding Spider