Awoo.

Project X Zone

SuperStingray

The SEGA roster in this game is somewhat disappointing. I would have taken:

Sonic, Eggman,  Bayonetta, Jack Cayman, Akira, Kurt, Sakura, Toma, Leanne

Ulala, NiGHTS, Beat, Gilius, Joe Musashi, Vyse,  Axel Stone, Ryo Hazuki, Laia Martinez, Randy Mc Green, Honey 

Boss: Dural, Selvaria

Assists: AiAi, Amigo, Ash, BD Joe, Shadow, Vectorman, Space Harrier, Opa Opa

The Capcom roster is quite good though, but my final pics would have been:

Ryu, Chun-li, Demitri, Morrigan, Arthur, Firebrand, Dante, Frank West, Nemesis, Megaman X, Amaterasu, Tessa, Batsu, Stryder, Hayato, Haggar, Poison, Veutiful Joe, Cap. Commando, Spencer

The Capcom part is ok, the "usual standard" similar to what they had in UMvC3 (the only one i don't agree with is Devilotte, wich is completely out of nowhere): i wish they had more love for Breath of Fire for 1-2 characters to appear in it.

On SEGA i've already expressed, and as for Namco... the biggest problem i have are the villains: 3/4 of them are mute and uninteresting. Where are people like Waltz, Albedo or Cervantes? Also, Neneko to me is like Devilotte: completely out of order.

Despite all of this, i still like how the roster is way more balanced then the one in Namco x Capcom.

EDIT: I just realized this: where the hell is Akuma? I mean, he's the guy who is in every single Capcom cross-over, and this is his first absence. Strange.

Edited by Teoskaven

• 2 months later...

So this crossover, Project X Zone, finally has a release date in the U.S., which is June 25th. It's coming out much sooner than I thought. Another 3DS title I plan to purchase, that's for sure.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/05/project-x-zone-release-date-announced?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Edited by canderson
  • Thumbs Up 2

Project X Zone slated for June 25, 2013 for Nerf MURICA! (NA)

http://namcobandaigames.com/console/project-x-zone

Ladies and Gentlemen... Start your wallets! Europe is still showing Summer 2013, but it shouldn't be that far off.

Edit: DAMMIT! Didn't bring my ninja repellant.

Edited by Sir YoshiUnity of SSMB
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's nice to hear this is going to be localised soon, but I don't think I'll get it even if it's possibly the best sounding crossover yet. The lack of Sonic (mascot of SEGA ffs!) and other well known SEGA characters makes me a sad Panda. 8(

Also, if the reason there's no furry characters is because they would clash with human or anime-esque characters...um, take a good look at SSBB and tell me if anything clashes there. I know it's a fighting game and not a tactical role playing game, but seriously.

Edited by Gabz Girl

It's nice to hear this is going to be localised soon, but I don't think I'll get it even if it's possibly the best sounding crossover yet. The lack of Sonic (mascot of SEGA ffs!) and other well known SEGA characters makes me a sad Panda. 8(

Also, if the reason there's no furry characters is because they would clash with human or anime-esque characters...um, take a good look at SSBB and tell me if anything clashes there. I know it's a fighting game and not a tactical role playing game, but seriously.

That reasoning, if real, would be slightly contradictory being the previous Namco X Capcom game had Klonoa and Guntz.

i hope they will say something for Europe soon too.

June 25th? That's 2 days after my birthday. I may ask for it.

No Solkia.

You WILL ask for it.

>: )

I doubt it's to do with "furries". It's probably more likely that SEGA highly doubted it would ever leave Japan, and so only put in characters which are popular in Japan.

And Sonic isn't really their most popular character in Japan (unfortunately, because his lack of presence makes me sad too)

• Thumbs Up 1

That's nothig. Ponder, my friends, about some of the awesome/hilarious possibilties that could have been realized in this title but are not present:

-Doctor Wily and Doctor Eggman teaming up in order to conquer the world with robots;

-Dante and Bayonetta doing epic badass things;

-Vergil as a boss that could turn an ally (out of all the DMC characters that could have been chosen, Lady? Why?);

-Sonic, Classic Megaman and Pacman interacting;

-Breath of Fire Ryu and Street Fighter Ryu being confused for the same name (seriously: it's a tactic RPG and Capcom is the only company who doesn't have RPG rep);

-Klonoa being cute and stuff like that;

-Joe Musashi and Strider Hiryu teaming up;

-Cervantes and Ivy vs Vyse's band in a pirate fight;

-Akuma. Where the hell he's he? This is a Capcom cross-over, he should have been in the highest position of the casting checklist;

The only thing that gives a remote reference to Sonic is the final boss, since 4 of his arms are really similar to the Time Eater arms. I still consider this a fun game that i will get as soon as possible though.

I only hope the western sales will encourage Monolith and Banpresto to do other titles like this.

PS: i also had this feeling for a while: if you look at the roster, you will notice that only a restrict number of characters have been on a Nintendo console before (heck, a lot of them are even exclusives, like Valkyria Chronicles). I feel this game was orignally planned for PSVita but was scrapped and putted on Nintendo 3DS since it was more popular/selled.

• Thumbs Up 2

PS: i also had this feeling for a while: if you look at the roster, you will notice that only a restrict number of characters have been on a Nintendo console before (heck, a lot of them are even exclusives, like Valkyria Chronicles). I feel this game was orignally planned for PSVita but was scrapped and putted on Nintendo 3DS since it was more popular/selled.

That's a very good point and I think at concept stages you're probably right, especially considering its prior entry was on PS2. If it was to be on Vita, it'd also explain the cast a bit more because the PSP (and likewise Vita) are animu game machines, they thrive on anime games and fanservice in Japan.

I imagine if it was a 3DS game with Nintendo involvement from point one (don't forget Monolith helped develop) then it'd maybe have been more fanservicey in the other way, i.e. more gaming history and crossover opportunities as opposed to anime characters doing anime things like it is atm.

• Thumbs Up 2

An art book, a poster, and a music CD are included with the NA version? Now THAT is pretty sweet. I guess it being a limited edition explains why it isn't being sold through as many retailers as other games on Namco Bandai's site. Makes the purchase even easier.

Edited by CC14 the Vipester

Seriously hope Europe get the Limited Edition content too, and knowing Namco's recent record of giving Europe nice stuff I don't think we need to worry about that.

Official English trailer is out. Looks like it's coming to the eShop, too.

It's settled then: i have to get a 3DS before July. Challenge accepted.

I love how they ripped out all the voice acting for no fucking reason.

Probably licensing. Same reason why Europe didn't get the English voice cast for Virtue's Last Reward. 

Probably to avoid alienating the dudebro audience who hate Japanese games/voices

and anime boobs

there was a distinct lack of anime boobs in the trailer which the game has an unavoidable amount of.

"Psst hey buy our awesome crossover game it definitely doesn't have any tropes you might not get in it"

@PSI: The localised version has a full Japanese audio track, I'm assuming the lack of English VA is because cost. Also I think Chooch was commenting more on the fact that the trailer totally lacked voice clips of any kind.

Edited by SuperLink

Probably licensing. Same reason why Europe didn't get the English voice cast for Virtue's Last Reward. 

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/11/rights-for-every-character-in-project-x-zone-had-to-be-re-negotiated/ - Seems like all of the voice acting is still there from what this wonderful link says.

I preordered through Amazon already, I can't wait to get it. Also can't wait for my damn debit card to come in the mail so I can be more secure about this purchase lol.

Frank West won't be the same if we don't get T.J Rotolo voicing him. NOBODY ELSE IS NECESSARY. 

@PSI: The localised version has a full Japanese audio track, I'm assuming the lack of English VA is because cost. Also I think Chooch was commenting more on the fact that the trailer totally lacked voice clips of any kind.

Well Virtue's Last Reward had both English and Japanese audio tracks in the North American version.

The reason the European version only has the Japanese one is because the publisher didn't want to pay for the license... So technically you're both right; it's a cost and licensing issue. 

Frank West won't be the same if we don't get T.J Rotolo voicing him. NOBODY ELSE IS NECESSARY.

Same for Dante with Reuben Langdon. But i can live with this.