Awoo.

Project X Zone

SuperStingray

That's not necessarily bad, isn't it?

It's not very classy, that's what it is. :|

But, other than that...THIS GAME SHALL BE MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE! >O ...if it comes over. :(

OK, from Sega I'm recognizing Ulala, Akira, and the guy with the Jotaru style half-hat from Fighting Vipers, and that's it. What's with Sega's people in this game?

Oh, I guess there's a bunch of latter day shining characters and the like. I'm not much of a classic Phantasy Star fan but it really seems like I should have picked Nei out of that crowd somewhere, just to throw out a random example.

And they all seem to be banding together... to fight this Bleach/TTGL thing. Hey, isn't there a Sega character you'd expect to see in this intro?

Edited by Phos

Yeah, where the hell is AiAi >:U

It's pretty obvious here that they only choose human/humanoid folks so no talking animals here.

Really, if theirs one Sega character I wanted to see in this game, it's Bayonetta, mainly cause Capcom busted out Dante (and you really don't got that many people that can be on par with him for being badass) and I really loved to have seen those two talking/flirting with each other. They also could've had a Shinobi and a Shenmue representation here too.

Wait, isn't Klonoa pretty much a talking animal? I don't think it's so much that it's human/humanoids only so much as they just didn't want to include the likes of Sonic and Aiai in a game like this

I dunno, they said that there were like 200+ characters in the game, so there should be room for plenty of unrevealed faces, so there's still a slight chance that we'll get characters like Sonic and AiAi in, and the fact that they seem to count the Servbots separate from Tron gives me a bit of hope. Though I do agree that a few Sega reps like Bayonetta, Jack, Ryo, Joe Musashi, Sketch Turner, and so on would be wonderful editions to the cast (especially if they are going with the humans only rule)

It was pretty obvious really, Sonic artwork isn't really new, plus he looks rather weird in the screenshots as well

well excuse me for looking at it for 5 seconds then getting excited

This would've been awesome, but then I realized that the devs of this game are Monolith Soft, famous enough for:

xenoblade_chronicles_us_box_art.jpg?w=584

And then I realized that Monolith Soft is now one of Nintendo's first-party studios and this would be next to impossible.

It's not even a decent fake. It's a terrible one. Recycled Sonic artwork that clashes with the rest of the official art released so far and it's on a page that says "X and Zero" for crying out loud.

*sigh* Come on, guys.

Damn it, Sonic isn't gonna be in this after all. But it's for the best I guess, we wouldn't want any uncanny valley-ness after what happened with that certain game.

Well, the question is, if even they want humanoid characters, why not choosing Vyse, or Ax Battler, or Sketch Turner (for example, insert what you want)? I can understand Sakura Wars, Shining Force EXA and Valkyria Chronicles since they are "anime-sh" franchise, but other things like Bruno from Dynamite Cop makes me say wtf. And i fear that the "Twitter hinted Platinum Games character/s" will turn out in someone from Infinite Space.

SEGA is pretty much doing the same mistake Namco made for Namco x Capcom (in terms of giving character license), using more obscure/japan only characters instead of pumping on popular franchise.

But even then, the roster is pretty unbalanced in terms of popular franchise: still there are missing things like Captain Commando (he is a primar mascote, and he's been forgotten a lot recently) or Soul Calibur characters.

Oh, and bet whatever you want that Akuma is in this: he never misses a cross-over this days.

Edited by Teoskaven

Well, this could have a huge impact on the decisions.

Then again, it's Namco we are talking about: we still have things like the PS3 version of Tales of Vesperia not localized, so i want to be cautious here.

• 4 weeks later...