Awoo.

Project X Zone

SuperStingray

Take note: It's being developed by Banpresto, the guys who are most well known for making the Super Robot Wars games, which are nearly all comprised of turn-based strategy RPGs in the vein of Fire Emblem. So something similar is likely.

Though, I hear OG Saga: Endless Frontier had a unique and engaging real-time battle system, so they might do something along those lines instead. Who knows.

You forgot the Nintendo x part! Rawr

You know something heavy is going down when Satoru Iwata picks up the phone! (even if it is a vitality sensor that disappeared off the radar)

Edited by Jix Hedgehog
  • Thumbs Up 1

From what I was able to read, the Japanese lettering doesn't reveal anything else save the fact that it's a collaborative project between the three companies.

It won't be minigames, Capcom and Namco wouldn't go that low, and neither would Banpresto. As I said, it's likely gonna be an RPG of some sort, likely turn-based strategy.

They're also making Lost Heroes on top of this, which is also an RPG. Anyone know what else Banpresto are developing at the moment?

All I can say is that if all these companies have to come together to publish this game, there's probably a good reason it requires collaboration, most likely a need for each other's IPs, so I'm betting on a crossover, or at least a card game or minigame collection involving them.

Wasn't this announced to be a crossover yesterday?

If it is, Klonoa MUST be in this. He was in the last strategy RPG, Namco x Capcom, btw, but they screwed it up by not releasing it outside of Japan. This could be his big chance for some exposure, especially if Sonic's involved.

Oh I get it

Those are petry dishes, and each company is growing a set of 3 characters, likely indication which franchises will get into the cross over