Awoo.

That Guy With The Glasses.Com

Stacy

The Roger Rabbit Booby Trap Gag a 8 year old would of got that unless you were really wrapped in cotton wool. Its not as subtle like some of the others are.

Also Tiny Toons ones you still couldn't get now as Adult unless you have a dirty mind. It could be a snot/sweat rag not a splooge rag. Its definitely left to imagination that one. 

Of Rocko and Ren and Stimpy are full of those kind of gags.

Edited by BW199148

Just got done watching The Last Airbender and I think this has been his best review in a long time. Glad he took time to watch every episode of the series to see why this movie was a complete abomination to the fans.

Edited by Johnny Boy
  • Thumbs Up 3

Yeah. I laughed a few times throughout the review. Everything he said couldn't have been more right with what is wrong with this mess of a movie.

I'm sure at some point, he's going to do a Top 11 Avatar Episodes list. And the only episode I can recall he loved the most to be No. 1 was maybe 'The Storm.'

The review itself was okay intro and cut away parts were bit long but I found a bit of a fan service if I am honest.

Even reviewing the show felt he was forced to do it. Also 40 minutes length. Honestly Doug is the new Angry Joe. 20 minutes is more than enough stop padding them out. 

Its obvious ever since this film came out fans have been begging him to review it but I would liked to have known his opinion of the film prior to watching The Last Air Bender series.

I would preferred it if he reviewed the film first then the show then reviewed the film again.

It seems really hypocritical as well because he nitpicked the Lords Of Rings films and told viewers to disregard their knowledge of the books so why can't he do the same for this film? I know he acknowledges this in the review and he is right some of the changes don't make sense even without knowledge of the show but I can't see a strong bias especially when he complains about character designs among other things.

I don't know what is with Doug and has fan pandering these days with this show and Power Rangers he never did this with Sonic or Pokemon so why should he do it to other fanbases? It makes him look soft with his opinions. 

Maybe I am alone on this but it just irks me that he appeases some fanbases and not others.

Next Brony Nostalgia Critic fans will be asking him to watch FiM and so rip apart Equestria Girls because it pisses on the fanbase. Let's hope he has some creditability left and doesn't.

Edited by BW199148

In his defense, he did say the film would have been bad even if it wasn't an adaption, just that it being an adaption made it look even worse

In his defense, he did say the film would have been bad even if it wasn't an adaption, just that it being an adaption made it look even worse

I know. Its still fan pandering to me though and I hope it isn't going to be a reoccurring trend when he reviews stuff.

It also pisses on this top 11 Lord Of The Rings video in my opinion.

Edited by BW199148

Next Brony Nostalgia Critic fans will be asking him to watch FiM and so rip apart Equestria Girls because it pisses on the fanbase. Let's hope he has some creditability left and doesn't.

Considering Doug has stated numerous times that he's indifferent to the show and is so sick and tired of both Bronies and Anti-Bronies constantly bickering like little children, I highly doubt this will ever happen.

Also I gotta ask... You really seem to hate the direction the Nostalgia Critic's been taking the show. Believe me, I can understand why, I barely even watch the Nostalgia Critic anymore because of this... However, why do you still watch the show if it irritates you that much? I know you thought one or two of his new episodes were okay, but even then, you seem to get really annoyed by how Doug Walker handles his show. Like I said, I agree with you on some points, but those points are the reason why I don't watch the show anymore.

I'd imagine watching something that you know will irritate you will only put you in a bad mood, so why put up with it? I'm just asking, I don't want to come across as bashing your opinion.

Thing about lord of the rings is that the LotR adaptation didn't have flat characters or boring action or obnoxious cinematography or exposition squirting out of every orifice on screen.

That shot of the "water bending" looks like they forgot to add the effects. The earth bending was especially hilarious. Would have been faster to just pick up the rock and throw it at the guy.

Considering Doug has stated numerous times that he's indifferent to the show and is so sick and tired of both Bronies and Anti-Bronies constantly bickering like little children, I highly doubt this will ever happen.

Also I gotta ask... You really seem to hate the direction the Nostalgia Critic's been taking the show. Believe me, I can understand why, I barely even watch the Nostalgia Critic anymore because of this... However, why do you still watch the show if it irritates you that much? I know you thought one or two of his new episodes were okay, but even then, you seem to get really annoyed by how Doug Walker handles his show. Like I said, I agree with you on some points, but those points are the reason why I don't watch the show anymore.

I'd imagine watching something that you know will irritate you will only put you in a bad mood, so why put up with it? I'm just asking, I don't want to come across as bashing your opinion.

Its not hate, its disappointment. I watched the Sailor Moon review and I enjoyed it was a lot shorter and the skits worked because they were short and simple. I didn't enjoy the Les Miserables review because it was a musical and I don't like Musicals it wasn't that big of a deal. The reason why I watched the Last Airbender review was because of all the hype surrounding it. 

I hope you understand I love(d) the Nostalgic Critic I recently actually went back and watched all Dougs work from 2007 to early 2010. To see if I didn't find him funny at all any more but I still found found those episodes hilarious I found a couple of faults with some but those where bits were he nitpick things too much which thankfully he wasn't that bad at back then but I could over look this because the review's humour still held up. They made me realize something less is more.

They were a lot shorter due to upload limitations so he didn't need to explain every single part of the film just focus on the parts that were bad that had the most material for him to make jokes with. Skits were a lot simpler and didn't require more detailed roles with average writing that leads to desperate acting to try to make it funny due to the bad and obviously rushed writing. The reviews weren't as forced as they are now.  It also made me realized Doug has run out of stuff to review at least Nostalgic the only time he does something Nostalgic is in his Editorial which are the only work I tend to enjoy from him nowadays.

I don't actually visit TGWTG that often any more. I am lucky to go on it at least once a week or twice a month, compared to a few years ago when I was on it daily.

I tried to just stop watching his reviews over the past year or so (during 2011 to 2012 where material was drying up I rarely visited TGWTG) but I do occasionally give him another go to see if he has improved. The reason why I clung on to the new show is I really hoped he would improve.

I think his material has dried up  even without the limits he once had I think he should go down to doing a review once a month or every two months. I also think this would improve the writing of the episodes which is no near as sharp as it use to be. However I don't think Blip TV will let him nor would TGWTG site which let's face it relies on Doug's material to keep site views up and hopefully when visiting the site viewers will watch the other reviewers. He knows that whole thing rides on him which isn't easy. That studio most be costing him quite a bit of money probably one of the reasons why he did the Indie Go Go Campaign was mainly to fund the studio.

You have admit though the length of reviews are getting tedious in length.

End huge explanation and rant.

Edited by BW199148
  • Thumbs Up 1

On an unrelated note yet still relating to the website, it appears their JesuOtaku is back and reviewing anime again. She disappeared for a while there.

For those who are unfamiliar with her, she was in the NC's Digimon Movie review. Just thought I'd say it's nice to see her back since I did enjoy her videos and the indepth analysis she did at the end of some, in her latest video she talks about the sexualisation of anime as an indepth discussion, for example.

....Aw shit.

We just talked about him going to MLP last week too.

Edited by Azure Yakuzu

Applejack1973 that is a bit misleading for a start it isn't "that guy" reviewing it it is a blog poster reviewing it and its a written review not a video review.

Also if it MLP related why didn't you post in MLP thread? Its only slightly related to TWGTG its posted by someone not affiliated with TGWTG. Anyone can post in the Blog section.

So don't worry Doug hasn't stooped that low, yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NNOrp_83RU

Edited by BW199148

Despite being debunked, I might as well throw in my two cents.

I honestly don't see Doug watching MLP anytime soon. He has stated he gave the show a chance long ago and couldn't really get into it. Also, I think he made it clear that he's sick of the discussions and flame wars that occur whenever someone gives the slightest mention of ponies. 

Overall, I don't see it happening. 

Mr Nostalgia Critic, your trying to seduce me.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/40556-nostalgia-critic-wtf-is-with-the-ending-of-the-graduate

Doug looks at the ending of the Graduate. Not yet watched it myself. But I've really enjoyed some of the last few episodes... I've enjoyed them a lot as it happens.

Mr Nostalgia Critic, your trying to seduce me.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/40556-nostalgia-critic-wtf-is-with-the-ending-of-the-graduate

Doug looks at the ending of the Graduate. Not yet watched it myself. But I've really enjoyed some of the last few episodes... I've enjoyed them a lot as it happens.

That was very good. I have to say I'm liking his editorials a lot more than his regular Critic videos these days. Although I will say The Last Airbender one wasn't bad.

• 2 weeks later...

NC reviews The Shining! The mini-series, not the Kubrick film.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/40777-nostalgia-critic-the-shining-mini-series

Yeah, the miniseries was really boring for the most part and very cliche'd.

Also, the Critic going crazy and acting like Nicholson while wielding a squeak toy hammer is just hilarious!

Linkara's Longbox of the Damned is back starting with The Crow!

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/linkara/longbox-of-the-damned/40778-lotd-the-crow

Edited by AdventChild

What time is it? Adventure Time Vlogs time! 

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/specials/40807-adventure-time-vlogs

By popular demand, after the success of the Avatar Vlogs, he adventures into the wonderful Land of Ooo! Oh, boy I seriously do hope he has mostly positive things to say about the show and that it gradually grows on him. 

Edited by AdventChild