Awoo.

That Guy With The Glasses.Com

Stacy

I never liked those Anniversary movies I watched the first part of Kickassia and I was bored shitless by the end of it. The writing is terrible and humour isn't that good. I also found them to be a bit Circle Jerkish. sleep.png

I loved Kickassia and Suburban Knights.  Those felt like just a big, fun get-together for all the reviewers.  The stories were fairly simple, so the comedy took center stage.

They also really showed how different characters interacting can be so enjoyable, much like how Doug admires the various interactions in stuff like Looney Tunes and Animaniacs.  There are so many different people there with fun personalities, so it's fun to see how they play off each other.

This new anniversary just seemed like an extended skit that didn't really have any of the fun of those specials.

I never found them funny because there is little to no writing a very basic plot (I admit the concept for Kickassia was good but it was poorly put together).

They really should get some one to direct it for them, rather than being full of weak jokes and over familiar memes. I can't believe people buy them for something which is almost literally half-assed slapped together with very little thought put behind it other than the basic basic plot outline.

Seriously I remember watching the Trailer for Kickassia and got really excited by it only to be disappointed with how awful it was. I wasn't expecting Hollywood quality but I was expecting it to have some structure rather than Team TGWTG get together and film so random shit and slap altogether.

Does anyone but me think the Nostalgia Critic seems to be calling out the haters, whiners, and just people who aren't as interested in his videoes more and more in his reviews? I get that there are people that aren't going to agree with every opinion he has, but does he really have to bring it up in almost every video? It's just repetitive, and feels a bit immature, which I'm sure Doug means no spite when making these jokes, but they really come across feeling like that.

I thought Douchey McNitpick was funny enough and not as offensive... But even then, the fanbase kinda abuses the term when someone points out a flaw in the Critic's reviews.

Edited by Mr. Mayhem!

Does anyone but me think the Nostalgia Critic seems to be calling out the haters, whiners, and just people who aren't as interested in his videoes more and more in his reviews? I get that there are people that aren't going to agree with every opinion he has, but does he really have to bring it up in almost every video? It's just repetitive, and feels a bit immature, which I'm sure Doug means no spite when making these jokes, but they really come across feeling like that.

I thought Douchey McNitpick was funny enough and not as offensive... But even then, the fanbase kinda abuses the term when someone points out a flaw in the Critic's reviews.

A bit. But its hard tell if he is being semi-serious or not. The Moaning response joke has worn itself rather thin in my opinion but he seems to do this with a lot of jokes, that T-Rex song is still shit and unfunny in my opinion it ranks with "Boomer Will Live" as some of his weakest running jokes Doug as ever done. 

Yes I agree. I fucking hate some of the NC Fan's on TGWTG so damn annoying they get butt-hurt over even the most politest of Criticism. Doug is a grown man I think he can take it. What annoys me the most is TGWTG helps enforces this crap with the E-Insults and the fourm is even more Elitist than the comment section the amount of arse kissing that goes on in there. sleep.png  

Edited by BW199148

• 2 weeks later...

Sailor Moon eh? I got mixed feelings about that show. I was 8 years old when the show came out in my country in 1995, and I think I pretty much felt obliged to dislike it simply because it was a girls show, so I didn't even really give it an honest chance.

However, the show was still in reruns when I reached puberty, and for obvious reasons, I suddenly felt very compelled to watch it whenever i could. And much like the NC admits to in his review, I pretty much watched only for the, ahem, "obvious reason", and never really bothered to try to get into the story or to be brutaly honest, I usually stopped watching an episode as soon as I came :P

I have been meaning to actually for the first time in my life give the show an honest try now that I'm an adult. I can't say I have super high expectations or anything, but who knows, I might be pleasantly surprised.

Sailor Moon eh? I got mixed feelings about that show. I was 8 years old when the show came out in my country in 1995, and I think I pretty much felt obliged to dislike it simply because it was a girls show, so I didn't even really give it an honest chance.

However, the show was still in reruns when I reached puberty, and for obvious reasons, I suddenly felt very compelled to watch it whenever i could. And much like the NC admits to in his review, I pretty much watched only for the, ahem, "obvious reason", and never really bothered to try to get into the story or to be brutaly honest, I usually stopped watching an episode as soon as I came tongue.png

Well, that's some lovely info I needed to hear.

Anyways, I've only watched a few episodes of Sailor Moon before it got banned in the household. I do remember some of the episodes from DiC's dub, and I do know they had a "Sonic Sez-esque" segment at the end of every episode (As did most other of DiC's works at the time.) Besides that, I don't really remember much.

Well, that's some lovely info I needed to hear.

Anyways, I've only watched a few episodes of Sailor Moon before it got banned in the household. I do remember some of the episodes from DiC's dub, and I do know they had a "Sonic Sez-esque" segment at the end of every episode (As did most other of DiC's works at the time.) Besides that, I don't really remember much.

Off topic, but why was Sailor Moon (of all animated shows) banned from your household? ...aside from one obvious answer (miniskirts?) that's going through my head.

Off topic, but why was Sailor Moon (of all animated shows) banned from your household? ...aside from one obvious answer (miniskirts?) that's going through my head.

My mom saw one of the villains transforming into a monster, and she thought it was "too ugly", or as others would say, Demonic. Same thing happened with shows like Digimon and Power Rangers (Never mind the fact that the latter had fighting, the monsters were too demonic looking.)

Keep in mind, I was in a religion that thought Smurfs of all things were creations of Satan.

But yeah. Like i said, I could watch it since I'm an adult now, but I don't really see anything about it that would interest me.

Edited by Emperor Robrainiac

Maybe the newest NC episode would of been better off as a Raiders Of The Story Arc. I felt like more could of been done with this if we went over say at least the first 3 episodes.

I know a family member of mine used to love Sailor Moon. Obviously it was not my kind of show so it was just there in the background.   

Edited by BlueTidalGamer

So now that Doug has uploaded the last Avatar blog, that means he now has the movie to do...

May his soul be blessed.

So now that Doug has uploaded the last Avatar blog, that means he now has the movie to do...

May his soul be blessed.

oh this will certainly be a delight to see

i bet that's gonna be his next review

He's also said that he will be doing LoK as well. Interested on what his thoughts on that will be...

What's LoK? License to Kill?

In the next few weeks, Linkara takes a look at The Culling series from the abysmal DC 2011 reboot The New 52 starting with Teen Titans Annual #1, where the review clocks in little over 40 minutes:

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/linkara/at4w/40257-at4w-the-culling-teen-titans-annual-1

Edited by AdventChild

Sailor Moon eh? I got mixed feelings about that show.

I remember when SM was shown on the German and Scandinavian channels.

And I also had rare merchandise like German SM magazines and posters.

Edited by Applejack1973

Just to let you know: Doug stated that the review of The Last Airbender movie will be on September 03.

Just to let you know: Doug stated that the review of The Last Airbender movie will be on September 03.

Well that's gonna be one hell of a review.

New AT4W that continues The Culling:

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/linkara/at4w/40334-at4w-the-culling-superboy-9

A new Phelous Bootleg Zone is up as he reviews the Titanic Bot toy....a Titanic Transformer...WTF? What's next? A Transformer based on the Hindenburg disaster?:

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/teamt/phelous/40333-bootleg-zones-titanic-bot

Edited by AdventChild

Being a Tom and Jerry fan myself, he made some great points and I agree with him that Hannah Barbera's version of Tom and Jerry hit it right with the visual gags.

Wow, It's been a long time since we've seen an actual/typical NChick review!

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/team-nchick/nostalgia-chick/40352-nostalgia-chick-addams-family

CinemaSnob reviews the mostly Jasonless Friday the 13th.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/bj/tcs/40351-the-cinema-snob-friday-the-13th

Edited by AdventChild