Awoo.

That Guy With The Glasses.Com

Stacy

I did laugh out loud at CR's cameo, arguing with the devil's daughter over who the cutest pony was Along with him blaming Satan for MLP:FiM's 3rd season (Which, while disappointing, I wouldn't call a "shitty abomination" per se, but that's whole another topic for a whole other time.)

Hah, CR's been destroying it on his Twitter ever since that initial two-parter. I can't say I agree with him, but the amount of shit people have been giving him over it is...well, typical internet crap I guess. Besides, he was a huge factor in getting me into the series so I feel obligated to throw him a bone or two regardless.

Moving on, I really did enjoy this latest review and I think the skits are getting better. The Lord of the Rings spoofs had me laughing pretty well, and the review was informative, insightful, funny, all the things a good NC review should be. I'm still a bit baffled that they made this movie to begin with, though.

This isn't Nostalgia Critic, but it's something that likely plucks a nerve on a lot of people here.

Link because this place apparently doesn't like videos that aren't Youtube.

The Nostalgia Chick crosses over with someone called Rantasmo (he has a series of videos on this) to discuss which Disney characters may or may not be gay and about the portrayal of gay stereotypes in Disney films in general. 

To be honest, I've never seen the sassy, arguably effeminate villains as gay stereotypes myself. I've always recognised it as a staple of theatrics to make a villain that way to get across how much of a ham they are. 

Also I cannot see Timon and Pumbaa as gay either, despite that hula scene.

If anything, they should have brought up Lilo and Stitch...

You're referring to Jumba and "Aunt" Pleakly, right? =P

The Critic takes on Son of the Mask

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/38483-nostalgia-critic-son-of-the-mask

I have to say that I really enjoyed this one. At this point I can say that i'm pretty cool with the new format of the show. Easily my favorite 2013 episode.

I'm saddened that he didn't even touch on the worst part of the film which was a deleted scene:

Remember when you watch this that somebody actually took their time to sit down, have this thought run into their head, send it in under their screenplay and actually had it greenlighted.

Edited by Scheming Minor

Haven't really watched it in a while. When I heard that the Critic had been killed off I actually was kind of puzzled.

That said, during my time I did enjoy watching it. I was really surprised they made a Sonic review, and cracked up so many times at the "Whaaaaaaa?!" reaction to the inflatable woman thing.

Perhaps I'll visit it again some day, but I just don't really like reviews that much, usually. I'm always bugged to watch Let's Plays and I usually just shrug unless it's a game I'm really interested in.

Good review. And once again, the Nostalgia Critic reviews a movie that at one point I wondered if he would review. The Russel Crow skit did drag though. Other than that, I liked it. And I loved the Critic's jab at the Harlem Shake. Man, people started hating that meme as soon as it was made didn't they?

I do remember seeing trailers for this movie when I was a kid, but I never really saw it. I've seen a few reviews on it before, and... yeah, it looks dumb.

Lastly... people really complained about the wall being white? Geezus, it's just a freaking wall. I swear, some people take sick joy in complaining about everything don't they?

Edited by MAYHEM!

• 2 weeks later...

Third shot on the Pokémon movies by Suede, Linkara and JewWario: http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/ir/suede/animenia/38734-animenia-pokemon-the-movie-3

9 out of 10 that the girl at the end is JesuOtaku.

Also: "Oh no! They have stumbled in Final Fantasy XIII! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" made my day.

Linkara's comment and analysis on how it is a kid friendly Pokemon version of Silent Hill blew my mind just a bit.

The review was okay but to be honest I found it a bit boring. Its Catwoman what more than you say that hasn't already been said about it. Though I liked the part were he said that Halle Berry was fine in the part given what she had to work with which was wasn't much. 

The Skits were really bad this week I found them really stupid, unfunny that they made the previous episode skits seem laugh out loud hilarious.sleep.png

I think that's the only small downside to some of these recent NC reviews; the skits. The reviews themselves are GOLDEN when it's just Doug and his opinions, but the moment a skit comes along I just chuckle a bit and shrug it off. They're not actually laugh out loud funny, hell I don't know if they're supposed to be.

No offense to the two actors (don't know their real names)! The skits are certainly not bad, I just think they need to use them a little less. Don't drag them out all the damn time, otherwise this will turn into Family Guy or something. Just keep them nice 'n short like in Timothy Green, maybe use a longer one just once (like those fake commercials). Most important of all, use them sparingly! If Doug keeps these in mind, I would enjoy his newest reviews a little bit more. Just my two cents.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'll be honest, when he started Demo Reel, I stopped. Luckily back in February  he started NC back up! Still, my favorite review of his was definitely the Moulin Rouge review.

You guys didn't like the Adam West Batman Cliffhanger Skit? You guys have no taste :V

You guys didn't like the Adam West Batman Cliffhanger Skit? You guys have no taste :V

Taste is subjective.wink.png

I thought about something will Doug ever do top ten/eleven videos, Nostalgic Commercials or you know something Nostalgic again?

I would like that to happen but then again with the shows new format could they do that?huh.png

Edited by BW199148

Taste is subjective.wink.png

I thought about something will Doug ever do top ten/eleven videos, Nostalgic Commercials or you know something Nostalgic again?

I would like that to happen but then again with the shows new format could they do that?huh.png

I hope he still reviews Nostalgic movies and such. I mean, there are a ton of movies that I would love for him to review.

Doug decides to analyse the new Looney Tunes Show. I think it's a pretty good review/analysis, kinda makes me want to watch more of the series other than the 2 or 3 episodes I've only seen so far...

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/38885-nostalgia-critic-the-looney-tunes-show-good-or-bad

I'm finding the skits to be hit or miss. I tend to like them better when they're simply used as one-off jokes and not side stories like with the Catwoman episode or Michael Bay's career.

Doug decides to analyse the new Looney Tunes Show. I think it's a pretty good review/analysis, kinda makes me want to watch more of the series other than the 2 or 3 episodes I've only seen so far...

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/38885-nostalgia-critic-the-looney-tunes-show-good-or-bad

For the most part, I can't really disagree with this editorial on that it's hit and miss, but it's overall not bad. He even picked Customer Service as his favorite episode!

:D

However, Duck Dodgers roped in as a sellout with Space Jam, and Baby Looney Tunes? Hell no, that was actually WBA's better animation vehicles during the mid-2000s.

I also thought Back in Action was actually rather nice and was miles better than Space Jam (despite my nostalgia for that film), shame that it had to bomb so hard at the box office and nearly wiped the entire LT franchise into oblivion.

On this note, there are some rumors in the comments section that TLTS has been cancelled. D:

Both Malcolm and Rachel tweeted that they recieved official script copies for a 5th year annyversary.

As Rob stated last year, it will not be long as To Boldly Flee, so we will probably get something like Kickassia.

For the most part, I can't really disagree with this editorial on that it's hit and miss, but it's overall not bad. He even picked Customer Service as his favorite episode!

biggrin.png

That sums up my opinion on this editorial. The Looney Tunes Show is very much a hit and miss, but it definitely has it's funny moments, and I agree with his opinion of Customer Service being the top episode.

On another note, I'm glad he tore apart The King and I. The animated version of that story was really bad!

Man, why did I think that film was good back then...

Nice to see NC tearing into this one.