Awoo.

That Guy With The Glasses.Com

Stacy

Been watching some old Nostalgia Critic episodes again, it is just making me dislike the current episodes even more. Go watch episodes like Top 11 Drug PSA's or Captain Planet his Enthusiasm and energy is excellent and not all his reviews were negative and generally Nostalgic like Double Dare or Top 11 Scariest Moments you can just see his passion and the humour was simple and a lot more natural a lot less forced and screechy like it became later on.

You know the part in his Batman and Robin review where gets up and puts a mannequin in his chair with a recording saying some generic angry comments? That is your average 2013 Nostalgia Critic episode with some painfully forced skits thrown in. That is my opinion anyway.sleep.png

Edited by BW199148

I know this is a little bit of a tangent, but I really wonder what causes the phenomena that is 'A film that audiences like but critics hate.' Man of Steel falls into that category. And it can't be that most of the critics wanted happy 60's Superman, because that patently isn't true. I guess they just have different stuff they want from films. (It's true for everyone, no-one has the exact same taste in films)

I know this is a little bit of a tangent, but I really wonder what causes the phenomena that is 'A film that audiences like but critics hate.' Man of Steel falls into that category. And it can't be that most of the critics wanted happy 60's Superman, because that patently isn't true. I guess they just have different stuff they want from films. (It's true for everyone, no-one has the exact same taste in films)

I think it ultimately comes down to the fact that general audiences and critics tend to look for different things when they see a movie. Audiences can generally be entertained by an average popcorn flick while critics might bash it because it's a mess, story-wise. But those are things the average person doesn't see or look for. And if they do, they don't analyze it in-depth like a critic does. But there's a ton of possible reasons, really.

And for the record I really loved Man of Steel and I'm not understanding some of the common complaints, especially the stuff regarding Louis being useless and unnecessary.

I didn't mind the skits this time. They still weren't that funny but they weren't god awful either. Is it me of does Doug sound bored shitless in this review? He doesn't that enthusiastic, I know the movie sucks really bad but he could least put some effort into sounding like he hates it. 

Sorry I re-watched his Kazaam review the other night. Still one of his best.

Its like the only time Doug sounds inspired these day is either when he is doing something really personally Nostalgic or when he is doing a Editorial video. I still wonder if it would be better if cut the review length in half. mellow.png  

Edited by BW199148

As for conclusion of his review. I don't know I am the only who felt he  wasn't as harsh on it because TGWTG strangely has a lot of members and comment posters who are Pro-Power Rangers *Cough Linkara*? I didn't see him give other films/shows that were Nostalgic mercy when he reviewed them and thought they sucked at least not to this level and he didn't show the first film any mercy and that runs rings round Turbo.sleep.png

Edited by BW199148

For those who are into Cinema Snob, he reviews one heck of a live-action children's movie starring a 30 year old man in the role of a 10 year old kid called In Search of the Wow Wow Wibble Woggle Wazzie Woodle Woo

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/bj/tcs/39704-the-cinema-snob-in-search-of-the-wow-wow-wibble-woggle-wazzie-woodle-woo

The trailer for their new anniversary special is here!  Apparently this time they're making a series of shorts rather than one big story.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/specials/39782-the-5th-year-anniversary-trailer

The Anniversary Brawl was fun, Kickassia was fantastic, and Suburban Knights was even better.  To Boldly Flee had a much more complex story, but I felt it was less entertaining than the others.  I hope this new one can bring it back to a bigger focus on the fun.

Edited by Gregzilla

I agree with almost all 11 points (except the 1st one: i'm telling from years ago how the eagle theory could not work), especially with Denethor, since in the book he is much more badass (to a point where he goes into the battlefield himself along with the DOl Amroth knights).

Also, shame on Jackson for having butchered all the Shire corrupted part and Saruman's appereance.

I was going to watch this then I saw this comment:

Sorry Doug, I'm only at #7 and I don't think I'll be able to finish this. This is really an awful episode. Aside from many of your points being completely ridiculous, this is extremely unfunny and very poorly made.

The intro was just as shrill and childish as ever. Every time you review a good movie you say how "awesome" it is over and over, and then go on to say "buuuut..." and subsequently get attacked in some way. That joke wasn't funny the first time you did it, and it hasn't been funny the last 5 times either. The goofy sound effects set to Gimli wasn't funny, and that joke in general is getting old. Your T-Rex song set to Legolas made absolutely no sense, was unfunny, and I fear every "awesome" moment you find in a movie will be accompanied with your frankly extremely lame T-Rex song.

In fact, every joke in this episode has been told in your previous episodes countless times. And I hate to tell you this, but while you can be a very funny reviewer, you are not a good movie maker. The cut scenes featuring yourself and often other actors in some sort of skit are kind of painful to watch.

I usually enjoy your stuff, but this episode was just awful.

So I think I will sit this one out. sleep.png

Edited by BW199148

Yes, because one negative comment made only days after the review came out is enough for you but the comments in accord to the review will never be enough.

Why did you even bothered to try to watch it then?

• Thumbs Up 4

Yes, because one negative comment made only days after the review came out is enough for you but the comments in accord to the review will never be enough.

Why did you even bothered to try to watch it then?

Maybe it is because I think his last several reviews have been dreadfully uninteresting and not entertaining, not mention the flip flop of opinion he did in his last review of Power Rangers Turbo. I have actually gone back to watching his earlier work which in my opinion still holds up and make me laugh. I am not going to sit through 30 minutes of something I am probably going to dislike and not find funny. Maybe you should read my previous posts because I have tried to enjoy his latest material but I sadly I have not, the last review I thought he did that was good was Son Of Mask and even that was weak compared to say Good Burger or Kazaam.

Unlike some people I don't think the Sun shines out of Doug Walkers arse and I am not going to eat up whatever sub-standard reviews he spews any more if keeps overusing shit jokes like that crap T-Rex Song.sleep.png

Edited by BW199148
  • Thumbs Up 1

That's precisely why i asked: why even having thoughts on watching this episode then?
If you knew already it was gonna be bad because of the new format, why did you still wanted to watch it? it's inconsistency.

That's precisely why i asked: why even having thoughts on watching this episode then?

If you knew already it was gonna be bad because of the new format, why did you still wanted to watch it? it's inconsistency.

I didn't know it was going to be bad. As much as I have criticized his recent work I do try to keep a open mind because a part of me really hopes he improves and gets funnier again because he can be.  Anyway I read that it had divided opinions so I looked in the comment section and that user brought up the same problems that I had with previous episodes. Therefore I came to conclusion I shouldn't bother with it because it suffers from the same mediocre jokes as the several last episodes.

I watched some of his older work instead.

Edited by BW199148

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/specials/40048-the-uncanny-valley-dragonbored

First part of the new anniversary special is up.  I watched the first half so far, and I'm not very impressed.  A few good lines, but overall very boring.  Fitting title, then.

I never liked those Anniversary movies I watched the first part of Kickassia and I was bored shitless by the end of it. The writing is terrible and humour isn't that good. I also found them to be a bit Circle Jerkish. sleep.png