Awoo.

That Guy With The Glasses.Com

Stacy

Nostalgia Critic's ringing in the new year with another subject-themed January month, which happens to be focused on...

cage-gifs-monster.gif

"CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGE!"

NC kicks things off with Face/Off, with Nicholas Cage partaking in ham-to-ham combat with Jon Travolta.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/41915-faceoff

This episode's also noteworthy on a TGWTG news front for being based on costar Rachael departure from TGWTG, as she has since flown (back) to California so she can pursue other opportunities. Apparently Doug and co. created a special farewell/sendoff video for Rachael that also introduced a replacement costar for Rachel, but Doug accidentally deleted it. What a shame. :U

I thought Rachael was a pretty good costar and it's sad to see her go. I wonder who will replace her.

• 2 months later...

People may hate the skits, but I'm loving them in this one. They are used to illustrate his points in a funny way while being fast paced an energetic. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/42715-disney-afternoon

Come one. Come all! Down the Mermory Lane, as Nostalgia Critic dives into the Disney Afternoon!

Carbo Christ! I forgot how surreal it was seeing Sher Khan standing upright and in a business suit.blink.png

Little Mermaid was never part of the Disney afternoon, or Hercules?

Anyways; he has a point about Aladdin. It had a lot of creativity, but a lot of the humor wasn't there, or at least not in our main cast. It was just a lot of blank slates and bland sidekicks trying to attempt it. However, the rogue's gallery of Aladdin was definitely it's hallmark for sure.

He doesn't mention 101 Dalmatians: The Series or Jungle Cubs either. A quick looking up reveals that these shows aired outside of the actual Disney Afternoon block, probably on ABC or The Disney Channel, even though they pretty much followed the format of serializing older films for TV.

Oh yeah, I noticed something but is it me but do I see Sonic Spinball for the Genesis at the bottom right corner at the start of the video?

Ok it seems as though by the time Tail Spin happened they had officially lost the jungle book thread.

Negaduck... Looks like Sylvester with a bill.

Bonkers: Bubsy but a cop. I used to think Bonkers was a made up cartoon satirizing this sort of show. If they wanted to draw a better contrast between the toons and typical humans I'm thinking try could have gone with a Mike Judge ish style. Maybe get some illustrators outside of Disney to design them. Pretty much anything but what they did could have been better.

Also I couldn't help but be reminded of that weird show that took Fred Flintstone and the Shmoo and made them cops.

I also want to say that Bennett's recent Outlaw star review has me thinking about rewatching Outlaw Star. Also that bit about fire fly. Haha what.

• 2 weeks later...

Though I think JonTron's review was funnier, I think this review was good for what it was, it actually did touch on some other things storywise that Jon skipped, it also benefits by a minimal use of skits with the co-stars within the review (though they do have some roles at the beginning and end).

Critic's reaction when that shady brown rat appeared under the dog (which is shown at a top-down view) was gold. "OOHHHHH GOD IT'S HIS PENIS! GAME OVER MAN GAME OVER!"

Little Mermaid was never part of the Disney afternoon, or Hercules?

Anyways; he has a point about Aladdin. It had a lot of creativity, but a lot of the humor wasn't there, or at least not in our main cast. It was just a lot of blank slates and bland sidekicks trying to attempt it. However, the rogue's gallery of Aladdin was definitely it's hallmark for sure.

Nope

To be honest it would be hard to make a Aladdin TV show without the Genie, and it's hard to have the Genie without Robin Williams. Though that's Disney fault for breaking contract and promises between them and Robin Williams.

The show was too nightmare-fuelish for me, so I hated it to be honest, from memory there's one episode where Aladdin looses his head and walks around with it off.

Nope.

Just nope.

^Off-topic to ask a question about that, but regarding the deal made between Robin Williams and Disney to not oversell his name for Aladdin's advertisements, wasn't it only Jeffrey Katzenberg who went against that deal and not a decision by all the CEO's? 

^Off-topic to ask a question about that, but regarding the deal made between Robin Williams and Disney to not oversell his name for Aladdin's advertisements, wasn't it only Jeffrey Katzenberg who went against that deal and not a decision by all the CEO's? 

Think it was something like that. I think it was not to advertise him name and his character the Genie, and judging by old posters the Genie is massive and over-shadows the other characters, meaning they broke the promise.

Not sure if it was Katzenberg who broke the promise or not, but it sounds like something he would he do.

Yeah, I was surprised that he reviewed this animation abomination, but still a good review nonetheless along with Jontron's review. 

I seriously cracked up at the skit where NC imitated Christopher Lloyd's character and the Fetish Movie parts.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/teamt/phelous/42909-pegasus

Well, here's an interesting bootleg that combines the Nintendo Famicon with a Sega Genesis logo that claims to have 10 million games minus 1. It even comes with the NES gun controller too! 

Yeah, that brand X guy seems kinda insensitive towards stroke victims or those with one of any number of other motor skill disabilities.  

Also JonTron did skip the bit about the brand X girl also being the guy selling brand X, so was Brand X being manufactured by itself? 

Yeah, that brand X guy seems kinda insensitive towards stroke victims or those with one of any number of other motor skill disabilities.  

Also JonTron did skip the bit about the brand X girl also being the guy selling brand X, so was Brand X being manufactured by itself? 

Yeah. Jon also skipped over the plot point that the catgirl was kidnapped by the Brand X girl.

• 1 month later...

Come one. Come all! Down the Mermory Lane, as Nostalgia Critic dives into the Disney Afternoon!

That sure brings some nostalgia.

All these shows I was obsseessed with.

• 2 weeks later...

Just as a little note, Blip is currently doing a big purge of their system. Several TGWTG producers have already been told that their accounts will be de-activated.

Just as a little note, Blip is currently doing a big purge of their system. Several TGWTG producers have already been told that their accounts will be de-activated.

Any reason why they're being de-activated?

Any reason why they're being de-activated?

No reason given at the mo. Some suspect it's to do with Disney's recent acquisition of Maker Studios (who own Blip TV as well as other things)

Sounds rather conspicuous.

• 3 weeks later...

For this week, Nostalgia Critic finally reviews the archeological film travesty that is Jurassic Park 3.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/43723-jurassic-park-3

I've not watched this yet... so I have to ask.

Are they going to make the new girl out to be crazy again?

I've been waiting for this one! Go Nostalgia Critic, rip this movie to shreds like it did the franchise!