Awoo.

Disney's "Frozen"

Match

I saw an early premiere tonight, and thoroughly enjoyed it! Anna is a very dorky Disney princess with a lot of charm, Elsa is very sympathetic, Kristoph is definitely not Flynn Rider 2.0 and is actually a pretty huge dork in his own right, and Olaf is adorable.

The songs were really stunning in my book, and I think there were more than Tangled. A lot more choreography for these, too.

So who's seeing this movie tomorrow? I know I am!

Probably will later this weekend since both my parents are still at work today and have a four-day weekend. I kind of got them interested to go see it with me.

Will probably get the soundtrack sometime as well since I believe it's been released today.

Just got back. Terrific movie.

What I was expecting to love, I got.

Anna and Elsa's dynamic was very strong and you feel bad for both of them whenever they were apart. Kristoph and Sven were fun too. It was cute to see how Kris interpreted what Sven was saying based on his facial expressions. And Olaf was more funny and endearing then the trailers let on. 

Like that one "Some people are worth melting for" definitely plays during a pivotal part where Anna was getting close to dying and he puts on the fire to keep her warm.

If there was anything that kind of irked me was,

definitely thought Hans was rather weak as a villain. I did like there was more to his motive besides 'I want power' in that he was pretty much last in line to rule his own kingdom. But I dunno, it still didn't have really much 'omph' especially after his reveal.

As for the music, 'Let It Go' FTW. Though besides that, 'First Time In Forever' and 'Do You Want To Build A Snowman?' are tied for second place. Anything else was just okay.

Oh, and the short 'Get A Horse' was excellent. Totally didn't expect anything they did for it and it genuinely impressed me.

• Thumbs Up 1

With what everyone has said about the film...yep, I want to see it.

Shame it's not in the cinema here until the frickin 6th...

Frozen, quite possibly, is the best film to come out of Disney since Beauty and the Beast, and that is saying a lot.

YOU LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

If that's really true then I have to see this movie. 

YOU LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

If that's really true then I have to see this movie. 

Well that's what everybody's saying right now, even Boston critic Bob "Moviebob" Chipman of Escapist Magazine is saying it's pretty damn close to achieving what was achieved with Beauty and the Beast and he's a critic who's extremely hard to please.

275ba344ac53cf69835279696f55dfc2.png

c0a2573ba3e4dd18773e6e703f835928.png

Guys, Frozen now has the same score as Beauty and the Beast on IMDb, not to mention it has the highest score of any Disney film on the site since The Lion King: which has a rating of 8.4 (everything after TLK up until now has been in the 6s and 7s).

I believe we should like, party or something.

Guys, Frozen now has the same score as Beauty and the Beast on IMDb, not to mention it has the highest score of any Disney film on the site since The Lion King: which has a rating of 8.4 (everything after TLK up until now has been in the 6s and 7s).

I believe we should like, party or something.

I brought the cake!!!

graduation_cakes_06.jpg

Imagine if that were the theatrical poster. It invites curiosity in a "the fuck's wrong with her?" kind of way.

• Thumbs Up 8

I think the chances of this movie getting best original song are very high. I would say the same for Best animated film but I got a feeling the academy is gonna kiss up to Pixar again like they did last year.

Best original song is definitely possible, at least for "Let It Go". I don't see Pixar going away with best animated film unless it really is a corrupt industry.

Well, Brave won against Wreck it Ralph and Paranorman, so I wouldn't be surprised if Frozen lost against Monsters University.

Pixar has lost Academies before, you know.

Nepenthe here has a point, they haven't won every single Oscar race. Monsters Inc. lost to Shrek in 2001 (lol) and Cars lost to Happy Feet in 2006. Cars 2 wasn't nominated at all in 2011, understandably.

I have a feeling Frozen could actually win over Monsters University because Monster's University is a prequel to Monsters Inc.. If you look back at past winners of the Best Animated Feature Oscar, Toy Story 3 is to date the only animated film that is an addition to an existing film/IP that won such an award.

Speaking of awards, Walt Disney Animation Studios has (surprisingly, IMO!) not won any Best Animation Feature Oscars since the award was established in 2001. They keep being beat out by companion Pixar, rival DWA, and on one occasion had not one, but two films (Lilo and Stitch and Treasure Planet) beat out by Studio Ghibli's Spirited Away.

All that said, it would be nice to see WDAS win an award for their films for once. The only other thing I could see pitted against it other than Pixar bias *grumble*IstillthinkBrave'swinwasunwarranted*grumble* is Hayao Miyazaki's The Wind Rises.

• Thumbs Up 1

This just in, y'all:

Frozen's made over $66.7 million on its opening weekend, making it the highest-earning opening weekend ever for a Walt Disney Animation Studios film. It made $92.6 million over its five-day Thanksgiving weekend, beating Toy Story 2's record set in 1999 (which grossed over $80 million in its five-day Thanksgiving weekend). With these numbers, it seems the film's set for a rather successful box office run, and it seems to be holding up rather well against The Hunger Games: Catching Fire!

• Thumbs Up 7