Awoo.

Disney's "Frozen"

Match

Now THAT looks impressive. Disney has certainly come a long way with their CG animation since Chicken Little. *shudder* Whilst Anna still looks a bit too similar to Rapunzel I really dig Elsa's look! Hopefully we'll get the English trailer for this very soon.

Btw, is the Japanese title for Frozen really long winded by any chance? XP

Clean version of the trailer above.

Nice to see some actual footage finally, though you still can't get a true feel of how the movie's gonna be yet. Bring on the english trailer.

It's still not grabbing me though. It's all looking a bit....meh....

The trailer is much better than the clip from before. Actually got me excited for the movie.

Now THAT looks impressive. Disney has certainly come a long way with their CG animation since Chicken Little. *shudder* Whilst Anna still looks a bit too similar to Rapunzel I really dig Elsa's look! Hopefully we'll get the English trailer for this very soon.

Btw, is the Japanese title for Frozen really long winded by any chance? XP

It's apparently called "Anna and the Snow Queen". I like that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Promo art + pics of new characters. Jeez, a lot of the female characters are being replaced in this version.

tumblr_mpsciqPlvV1qdbhwwo1_1280.jpgtumblr_mpsciqPlvV1qdbhwwo7_1280.jpg

tumblr_mpsciqPlvV1qdbhwwo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mpsciqPlvV1qdbhwwo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_mpsciqPlvV1qdbhwwo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_mpsciqPlvV1qdbhwwo9_1280.jpg

tumblr_mpsciqPlvV1qdbhwwo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mpsciqPlvV1qdbhwwo6_1280.jpg
tumblr_mpsciqPlvV1qdbhwwo8_1280.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Yo, since D23 came around today, here's some new concept art for Frozen, a photo, and some official footage... in English!

Concept art:

tumblr_mramlf4Cno1qdbhwwo1_1280.jpgtumblr_mramlf4Cno1qdbhwwo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_mramlf4Cno1qdbhwwo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_mramlf4Cno1qdbhwwo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mramlf4Cno1qdbhwwo4_1280.jpgtumblr_mramlf4Cno1qdbhwwo3_1280.jpg

Photo and an official clip:

tumblr_mralivczkn1qdbhwwo2_1280.jpg

http://youtu.be/8NPqOpheyC0

(Go to 0:19 to skip the intro, by the way)

Edited by Felix
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

I gotta say...I'm not really looking forward to this. I mean, being the huge Disney fan that I am I'm still gonna see it...but it really looks to be the same kind of set up as Tangled...even down to the characters.

Rapunzel and Flynn = Anna and Kristoff

Maximus = Sven

Pascal = Olaf

Even the story has Anna seeking the help of Kristoff to find her sister...whereas in Tangled, Rapunzel needed the help of Flynn to see the lights. See what I mean? I'm not gonna hate on it, but right now I'm not too interested. I guess we'll see how it turns out...but with how awesome their last movie was (Wreck-It Ralph FTW ^.^) this one better live up to all the hype.

I'm barely looking forward to this film, cartoon 3D is another unappealing element in it. It suits certain styles, but not one that looks like it's designed to be hand-drawn or in the style of Paperman.

I'm quite alright with Kristoff, though. He's not the typical pretty boy you see in Disney and actually has some girth about him and a plump wee face with a big nose. I like that he looks somewhat similar to the original design they had of Flynn before he went on the extreme diet and plastic surgery treatment.

I'd probably be more interested in this film if Disney wasn't being so tight-lipped about it. It's about to be released in two months and we've just one teaser trailer focused on the sidekicks, a small clip (that has since been removed), and a Japanese "preview" trailer. That and the screenshots/concept seem to be released with little fanfare.

Compared this to last year's Wreck-It-Ralph, which IIRC had a lot of buzz going on with it (merch, posters, clips, teasers, tie-in games, etc.) four-five months prior to it's release, especially during E3/SDCC. I don't even think there's an "official" theatrical poster for Frozen yet, just the teaser poster.

That and I'm admittedly still disappointed it wasn't traditionally animated, let alone animated in a different style a la Paperman.

Edited by Yeow

1379340197000-FRZN-SnowIce-Payoff-1s-v13

Surprise. The theatrical poster has been revealed!... and it looks so okay it's average. Quite disappointed with it.

Edited by Felix

> blonde girl

DREEEAAAAMMMWOOOOORRRRRKKSSS FAAAAAACCEEEE

Also, obvious kiddy character is obvious.

• Thumbs Up 2

I like how it's emphasizing the goofy kid-appeal sidekick over the actual main characters. It's like they want people to miss the point of the movie...

• Thumbs Up 1

> blonde girl

DREEEAAAAMMMWOOOOORRRRRKKSSS FAAAAAACCEEEE

Also, obvious kiddy character is obvious.

No, no. We shouldn't be pointing out the obvious comic relief character or Elsa having the DreamWorks face...

tumblr_mt8mjiFfVJ1qg2i2lo2_250.jpgtumblr_mt8mjiFfVJ1qg2i2lo1_250.jpg

What we should really be worried about is that Disney has forgotten how to draw (or render, whatever) bodies.

Edited by Felix
  • Thumbs Up 2

I like how it's emphasizing the goofy kid-appeal sidekick over the actual main characters. It's like they want people to miss the point of the movie...

I'd probably be more interested in this film if Disney wasn't being so tight-lipped about it. It's about to be released in two months and we've just one teaser trailer focused on the sidekicks, a small clip (that has since been removed), and a Japanese "preview" trailer. That and the screenshots/concept seem to be released with little fanfare.

Compared this to last year's Wreck-It-Ralph, which IIRC had a lot of buzz going on with it (merch, posters, clips, teasers, tie-in games, etc.) four-five months prior to it's release, especially during E3/SDCC. I don't even think there's an "official" theatrical poster for Frozen yet, just the teaser poster.

You guys need to remember that traditional princess movies don't sell as much as in the old days, it's no longer the popular thing. Princess and the Frog was marketed properly, hell they even made a big deal out of it being the return of 2D animation and yet it underwhelmed at the box office. After that they marketed Tangled and Brave by making them look like something they're not and they did great.

We have to remember that today's Disney marketing department lies about a movie when its a princess movie.

Their job is to get asses in seats and the conclusion they got from PatF's box office results in comparison to Tangled's is that hiding the true nature of the movie works.

• Thumbs Up 3

You guys need to remember that traditional princess movies don't sell as much as in the old days, it's no longer the popular thing. Princess and the Frog was marketed properly, hell they even made a big deal out of it being the return of 2D animation and yet it underwhelmed at the box office. After that they marketed Tangled and Brave by making them look like something they're not and they did great.

We have to remember that today's Disney marketing department lies about a movie when its a princess movie.

Their job is to get asses in seats and the conclusion they got from PatF's box office results in comparison to Tangled's is that hiding the true nature of the movie works.

Tangled also got a lot of press, advertisement, hype building up around it, arguably to a slightly lesser extent that Wreck it Ralph got.

Tangled also got a lot of press, advertisement, hype building up around it, arguably to a slightly lesser extent that Wreck it Ralph got.

It did, but not around the actual love story, the mom and stuff like that. Hell was Mother Gothel in any trailers or posters?

It did, but not around the actual love story, the mom and stuff like that. Hell was Mother Gothel in any trailers or posters?

What does that have to do with my post? I wasn't talking about how they marketed the film like Komodin and Spin Attaxx were doing, I was specifically talking about how much they marketed it.

Edited by Yeow

Here's that long awaited trailer, which is... pretty cut terribly. Also, Mr. Snowman really should've remained a silent character:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Jw-AeaU5WI

• Thumbs Up 1

I cannot muster any excitement for this movie,.. it just looks terrible, and that snowman thing isn't exactly winning me over either. I mean, it's sad, because it looks beautiful, just like Tangled did, just with none of the charm.

I dunno, my thoughts on it probably don't make any sense, since I haven't even seen the film, I just can't shake the feeling it's going to be not good...

Well Tangled's marketing was similar to this and it ended up being an excellent film. So you never know.

Edited by Johnny Boy
  • Thumbs Up 3

Tangled's marketing was so bad that I didn't even know it was a musical until I bought the thing on Blu-Ray. =/

Granted, I feel Elsa is going to be a showstopper character. They're keeping her completely under wraps with this one, although synopses say that she actually banishes herself. Whatever's going on with her is going to be interesting to watch. I also feel that moment with Olaf melting is going to be a contextualized as a lot more of a downer- perhaps even genuinely sad- than it appears right now within this funny business trailer. We'll see.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't mind Olaf, but yea if they overpromote him than I can easily see this not going over well with some people. That said, I liked the trailer.

Well Tangled marketing similar to this and it ended up being an excellent film. So you never know.

I know, a point well made and another reason I can't help but keep track of the film despite my initial thoughts. I really really do hope this is a good movie.

• Thumbs Up 1