Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

So i was thinking. We have 4 zones just like in Ep 1 but in Ep 1 we had Egg Station Zone too. You think since we have Tails with us now and a plane we could have a follow up zone before confronting Dr. Eggman/Metal Sonic in a Death Egg/Little Planet fight? wink.png

Edited by frokenok3

So i was thinking. We have 4 zones just like in Ep 1 but we in Ep 1 we had Egg Station Zone too. You think since we have Tails with us now and a plane we could have a follow up zone before confronting Dr. Eggman/Metal Sonic in a Death Egg/Little Planet fight? wink.png

That'd be cool. I'd actually like to see this game's take on a Sky Chase-esque stage.

Is it too hopeful for me to think that this will definitely be locked on with 4-1? I just can't see it working well with out that. I mean having to leave the game to go to another episode, let alone the episodes (probably) being incredibly different (visually for sure at least)?

It's like a part of me hopes that 4-1 could have been graphically redone in this pretty large gap we've had between episodes. That way maybe they can go into each other seamlessly, and also be able to replay the past game as if new again with the updated physics.

With how stage-interactive the game is, as the trailer seemed to imply, and how Snowy apparently seems simple in attack pattern, I wonder if Snowy is simply a timed obstacle to overcome before the terrain changes and forces you on a different path.

Remember that mega-sized Drill mech from Marble Garden in Lava Reef? That mecha did damn near nothing to Sonic either, but that wasn't its job; its job was to open the floor below Sonic and let Sonic keep going. It still gave contact damage and still could be hit like any other badnik otherwise.

Snowy could perform the same action, with an additional predictable attack, except that killing it quick enough will allow Sonic and Tails to advance through an upper route instead of being forced down a lower route by either Snowy or the stage because they were too slow.

Edited by Professor Westwood V

Between the use of things from episode 1, and not being able to play as Tails full time. Yeah, I'm starting to give less than a damn about this game again, and right after those screens got me hyped too.

• Thumbs Up 6

Right now I am pretty unsure about where i am in this. So much looked like it was improved. But some other stuff looked like it wasn't. I'll stay neutral for awhile. Right now though i'm curious what sega's reaction to this fiasco is.

I probably sound really stubborn saying his, I mean I'm glad they showed us gameplay like that, but..

I actually wish they had shown us more. Or well, to word it a little better, long clips. They showed us quite a few things, just in very small doses. There was plenty we didn't really get to see though, like the physics and level design. We saw a few springs and boosts and stuff, but nothing major.

Though, I must admit, I was a bit disappointed by this trailer. The graphics look way better, don't get me wrong, but everything else looks like it's going to..feel the same. The animations, homing attacks, running speed, and rolling all looks like it's going to work the same way that Episode 1 did. Normally, this wouldn't be a big deal, had they gotten it right, but..well, I honestly think that there is much more room for improvement, but I guess we'll just have to see.

Edited by krazystitch

I'm just looking foward to co-op (online mostly) It's nice to have some co-op in a Sonic game again.

Especially when it comes to the Special Stages.

Edited by Zone Seeker

Sad no special stage showing off also.sad.png I was kinda looking forward to that.

It's the Sonic 2 special stages again, there's nothing new to see in there.

Speaking of the special stage~ I wonder how Sega will butcher the theme? =w= Although I have to admit I liked Epi 1 theme. XD;;;

After rewatching the trailer a few times, I've decided that I'm not remotely sold on the idea of this as a Classic Sonic game, but I think the game actually looks damn fun in its own right.

For me, Episode I is mediocre at best; but Episode II at least looks like an enjoyable game. I wouldn't even necessarily say the things its doing are bad, just too different from the Classics to justify the name.

(Note: If the physics, for whatever reason, aren't actually fixed then I will be annoyed.)

Honestly, it looks as if they fixed the most annoying things with Sonic 4's physics (uncurling and momentum killing) and I liked Episode 1, so I'm happy.

AND BE READY FOR CO-OP!!

Wait wait wait....

So Sonic and Tails have their own shields. I'll assume two things from this: 1. Sonic and Tails have their own ring count and share items in multiplayer and 2. the camera in multiplayer does not follow Sonic only.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and with Tails not being playable by himself, I'm assuming there will be sections that force the homing attack............ *sigh*

Edited by Wooly-Blue

Honestly, I’m not so impressed with it, but not because of the gameplay. It’s more because of the editing. There’s just WAY too much going on with quick jumping from one scene to the next. It makes the trailer really overwhelming to the point where I can’t make a clear, concise first impression.

^^^^^that^^^^^

However the Polar Bear has caught my attention.

I'm pretty sure mods are bound to make a tails only mod. It shouldn't be that hard. But it still doesn't excuse that tails won't be playable to start with.

*watches trailer

*sees a pillar fall onto Sonic, crushing him, while Tails stops moving

What the....?

Since I've had some time away from the forums today, I'm now able to articulate my true feelings about the trailer.

The game looks very pleasing on the eyes. It looks way better than it did in the still screenshots. The trailer is successful at demonstrating how much of a visual improvement Episode 2 is over Episode 1. The big issue is the trailer doesn't make an effort to exibit anything else. Not the gameplay, not the physics, not even the music. It's your typical "wow, look at them graphics" kind of trailer. That's why it's nearly impossible to infer just how the game plays when the trailer is nothing more than a montage of 1 to 2 second clips. That said, Sonic seems to be pulling stunts I would've never imaged seeing him do in Episode 1. I'm certain there has been some kind of change to the gameplay engine, but again, it's hard to tell given the nature of the trailer.

I propose Sega starts releasing straight-up gameplay footage without jump cuts if they want to convey how much of an improvement this game really is. I also propose that, if the physics are as improved as they say, they go right into their level editor and reduce the amount of springs and speed boosters. Let the player discover the joys of momentum-based platforming rather than having the game hold their hand through a bunch of automated sections.