Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

I watched the trailer and it does look okay.

The thing is, the trailer made the game look good. But I still have a feeling that they're hiding something. I'm pretty sure it will be yet another disappointment like Episode I.

Do you see a health bar over the Snowy? No?

It amounts to the same thing when have to you repeatedly bash the jump button just to defeat one enemy. Where's the fun in that?

It amounts to the same thing when have to you repeatedly bash the jump button just to defeat one enemy. Where's the fun in that?

Exactly. It wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for the HA.

Watched the trailer. What to say?

I FUCKING HATE SONIC 4 MARKETING! It's like

Sega: SO WE HEARD U LIKE CLASSIC PHYSICS? WELL WE"VE GOT A NEW ENGINE!!! AWESOME, ISN'T IT?

From what I saw in the trailer the physics feel EXACTLY the same. Oh, yeah, uncurling is gone. But it's something that should be in the game from the very damn beginning! There was no reason to say things about uncurling as if it was the greatest thing in the franchise and the greatest invention of Sonic 4! Sega hypes the game so damn much just to show us NOTHING that looks differently to Ep1 aside from the aforementioned uncurling.

I didn't like that Snowy takes multiple hits too.

I don't like that oversimplification that are the signs. It's like

"Here you must use co-op attack"

"Here you must use Tails to fly"

"Watch out! Here's the pit!"

That shit was nowhere to be seen in the classic games and it was FUCKING GREAT!

The trailer also consists of springs and boosters when they could at least TRY to make the game without them. And why the heck didn't they show us gaining momentum?!

What I did like is the visuals. And the remix.

I actually don't hate what the game is going to be. I'm just mad at SEGA for their retarded hype raising when there's nothing to be so hyped about. The game definitely is an improvement over Ep1. I like it, but the trailer didn't like IMPRESS me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Do you see a health bar over the Snowy? No? And Heroes, challanging? Oh you silly.

It's funny because you completely missed the point on both counts, but still responded with sarcasm.

Health bars weren't the problem. Normal enemies themselves requiring repeated HA spam to kill were. The enemies being too challenging wasn't the problem. Them being annoying as fuck and sequence-breaking were.

The more you know.

Edited by Gilda

Everyone on the forums suddenly jumped up and over-hyped themselves. You can't blame Sega for doing that.

Actually, no, you can.

It is a natural reaction to the idiotic drip-feed hype train Sega has used for both episodes of Sonic 4 so far.

Edited by Gilda
  • Thumbs Up 3

Plus, Snowy taking multiple hits is a reference to the mini-bosses from Sonic 3.

Exactly how do you know this? Snowy appears in at least two different parts of the level, appearing to do little more than swing at you to boot. He's quite clearly not a mini-boss. What kind of reference would that be?

Edited by Lungo
  • Thumbs Up 1

They were hyping the game. Sometimes more than Sonic generations, which was THE big game. Same marketing campaign as Ep1.

Also what the guys above said.

Everyone on the forums suddenly jumped up and over-hyped themselves. You can't blame Sega for doing that.

Edited by Major Ziggy

Back then there were manuals. There were also tutorials like in Sonic rush adventure. Ah, screw that. It's SONIC FREAKING FOUR!

Edited by Red Cap-Blue Spikes

Nice trailer. I was surprised to see that Sonic 4 episode II seems to play somewhat similar to Sonic 4 episode I.

I have no idea why I would have expected anything else, but for some reason I listened to the informed opinion of people looking at still shots. I should know better by now.

Anyway, I actually had fun playing Sonic 4, so I'll likely have fun playing its second episode. Good show, Sega.

• Thumbs Up 1

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 1

Exactly how do you know this? Snowy appears in at least two different parts of the level, appearing to do little more than swing at you to boot. He's quite clearly not a mini-boss. What kind of reference would that be?

Edited by Mike Dawson
  • Thumbs Up 4

Wow, that made no sense...

AT WHAT POINT, WAS SONIC BOUNCING?!?

AT WHAT POINT, DID SONIC SEEM HEAVY!?!?

AT WHAT POINT, DID SONIC LOOK HEAVY WHILE FALLING?!?!?

Sorry for the caps, but Jesus use on topic examples next time rather then pulling random ones out of your ass to make it seem on-topic.

Edited by SiLeNtDo0m
  • Thumbs Up 3