Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

What? All Ep 1's springs were scripted. They either send you into another spring, or they simply don't let you move off the flight path, thus severely limiting gameplay. Half of the game was the player being funneled around.

From the looks of it, that is how this game is going to go as well. Prove me wrong, Sega.

I'm talking about the game in general, not just springs. Half the game was being funneled around? Half? That is such an overstatement. God help me I'll sit and play through Sonic 4 with a stopwatch and time how long I spend being funneled around if I have to.

So does Sonic have some way of launching Tails as a projectile? I think he uses him to hit a checkpoint from a distance and he comes bouncing back.

telis.png

Edited by Solly

I love Sonic's new running animation. It actually looks like he's putting his back into it with the slight forward lean.

Everything else is OK, need to see unedited footage.

• Thumbs Up 7

So does Sonic have some way of launching Tails as a projectile? I think he uses him to hit a checkpoint from a distance and he comes bouncing back.

telis.png

Sonic: Ready Tails!? Kick the foxy!

Tails: Don't kick the foxy...

Sonic: Kick the foxy!

*kicks*

I wasn't sure if that was some kind of puzzle section, bit like that one in the urm... level... in episode 1. Just because the camera isn't fixed on Sonic or tails in that particular section despite there being movement.

Not exactly sure whats supposed to be going on, unless that block you see underwater between Sonic & Tails is going to act like a bridge?

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 6

A Spring Release...that's a LOT earlier than I expected! Another thing SEGA, if this game isn't worth 1200MP, please don't rip us off.

Just got back from work and shopping and watched the trailer, which is why you've not seen it on TSS yet. Can't say I'm wowed; it just looks ok to me. The whole combo moves thing just leaves me very confused. Why do we need a combo spin attack when both characters do that already? You could spin dash through walls already in the classics, so why take a step back and require a combo spin attack to break through walls? Also the physics still look to be lacking momentum.

Glad uncurling is gone and that enemies like Snowy are like mini bosses from Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

I'm talking about the game in general, not just springs. Half the game was being funneled around? Half? That is such an overstatement. God help me I'll sit and play through Sonic 4 with a stopwatch and time how long I spend being funneled around if I have to.

For those wondering about the music: It's pretty much the menu music from Sega All Stars Racing. It should have nothing to do with the game.

Still, new physics my ass. Still looks like the same cruddy base, just made pretty. I don't see any improvements from here, and that's the dealbreaker. I bet Sonic still sticks to inclines to make up for the lack of momentum on slopes.

Edited by Tiller

Honestly I can meet you half way. I have no problem with automated sections but we've seen that horizontal spring corridor so many times before. They need to at least keep it fresh and actually think "will the player especially enjoy this section for it being automated?" as an example of doing this right, stuff like the swinging vines in Green Forest or the pre-breaking roller coaster ride in Eggmanland.

Visually, that trailer kicked sooo much ass!

Still, new physics my ass. Still looks like the same cruddy base, just made pretty. I don't see any improvements from here, and that's the dealbreaker. I bet Sonic still sticks to inclines to make up for the lack of momentum on slopes.

I just don't understand why the physics aren't better. They got it right in Gens 3DS.

Edited by Groosenator032
  • Thumbs Up 1

Goes only uphill for me. Trailer was great. I only wanted to see the game in motion and i did. =)

Some stuff(based on the trailer):

Co-op re-confirmed. 2 Player mode, Tails Mode, Sonic-only mode.

Dangerous signs return.

3D depth

No uncurling

Better graphics obviously.

New combined attacks and way to move.(Digging in the snow)

Looks like Tails doesn't have the HA

New platforming stuff, Flying(& underwater) etc.

Physics look the same to me. I don't care either way. At best i was expecting 3DS Gen

Green Shield returns. Probably once you take a shield Tails takes one too.

Again when going through acts environment changes etc.

Snowy looks like a mini-boss fight. Metal Sonic appears in Carnival like zone without rocket.(Gets rocket later? lol)

That's it from me. =)

• Thumbs Up 1

Sweet, they got Badniks that don't die in one hit!

Ah, I think you may be in a minority with that opinion, Dante...

I don't mind multi-hit Badniks myself, mind.

Edited by VEDJ-F

Looks like Tails doesn't have the HA

Why were people even expecting this?

Snowy looks like a mini-boss fight.

He appears in two different places, so I doubt it.

Was hoping I'd have a reaction more like this

But....meh. Looks cool, I dunno what else I was expecting but meh. Spring release is awesome love and I absolutely love Sonic's new running animation, looks perfect.

Can't really say much about the physics from the trailer but that clip where they're running down the huge slope in the first zone is somewhat suspicious, we'll see.