Awoo.

30 Days of Video Games

Sami

DAY 15 - Favorite Video Game Moment

I have wayyyyyy too many to list, but I'll just post the very first one that comes to mind...and that one is...

The very first time (and the only time to date) I 1cc'ed (1 Credit Continue) Touhou 7. What an accomplishment. After a whole year's worth of practice, I finally finished this game without continuing ONCE, thus earning me the GOOD Ending and the Extra Stage (which I have yet to beat so far...). Unfortunately, the ending to me was pretty lame in my opinion, especially with the INCREDIBLY unfittingly depressing music in the background (Hearing the credits theme, "Sakura, Sakura, Japanese Dream" for the very first time however, was totally worth it).

...but no, this wasn't about geting the good ending (Extra Stage is where it's at anyway XD). A year ago when I first started, I could barely make it up to Stage 5, and I would had used up all my continues...on NORMAL. This was an achievement in gaming for me, as I had grown as a gamer and had got better at a new genre to me, Bullet Hell.

Finally surviving that very last Spell Card, I couldn't believe my freaking mind. I really COULDN'T believe I actually beat this game even after seeing the End Screen. I donno, maybe I'm just overreacting or something, but honestly, the Nintendo Hardery of this game made beating it such an achievement I'll never forget.

ZUN, I give my Favorite Gaming Moment to your Touhou 7. Great Job, now start localizing your franchise so I can give you my moneyz....I feel bad for having to pirate your games just so I can play them. sad.png

Super Extreme Star Ultra Close Runner Up: Seeing that Sonic was "Confirmed For Brawl" on the Smash Dojo. Nothing more needs to be said, as I'm probably sure that everybody here knows how awesome that day was when they saw that announcement...at least, I know I do. O.O

I'm really struggling to think of something for the alloted time, so I'll just go with something from Twinsanity;

0.jpg

Traversing N.Sanity Island for the first time [Crash Twinsanity]

Yeah, the picture is deliberately vague on the content. This moment, for me, is one that's full of nostalgia. When you boot up the screen, the title card already shows you part of the plot, as well as showing you that it follows on from Wrath of Cortex's good ending. When you get to enter the beach and get up to madcap capers again, it really is a sweet feeling as you're slinding down wooden structures, destorying totems with bombs and killing evil hermit crabs. From there, Coco (or so Crash thinks) calls Crash over to the jungle to get through the tutorial, and things just get madder and more urgent as you go around the entirety of the island, before moving to Antartica to continue.

It's such a shame the game itself had to be cut down immensely.

Day 15 - Favorite Moment in a Video Game

Beating Suwako Moriya - Touhou 10 ~ Mountain of Faith - Microsoft Windows - 2007

Yes. That is my personal replay. And you best be watching it in HD. Despite some minor audio desyncing near the end, goddammit

Someone posted about Touhou earlier, but I'm too lazy to salvage for that post. Oh hi, person two posts above me. if you're interested in learning about it in detail, but in a nutshell, Touhou is about about babes and bullets. And bonding with people that you beat up during festivals that are thrown every other day for some reason.

The gist of this moment is that you're this broke-ass Miko who's visiting this rivaling shrine for the second time because why the hell not, and you're fighting this 10/10, ultra-kawaii loli-frog goddess (who I would totally marry in a heartbeat and have millions of beautiful children with) because why the hell not. Yeah, story shouldn't be the first thing to think of when Touhou comes to mind. You're here for BULLETS, (and for Suwako if you have splendid taste in women) and you'll get your goddamned bullets.

This is, hands down, my single greatest accomplishment in my 15 years of gaming. I've been attempting to clear this for almost two years now. Most people who clear Extra stages practice it daily and religiously, seeing how far they can get each day. As much of a Touhou-nut that I am, there's no way I could have dedicated that amount of time into one sitting each day. I think at most I would attempt this stage once or twice a week and then stray away from it for a while. As a result, this was only achieved very recently; in fact, it was an exact month ago from today, which would have been New Year's Eve.

And that replay shows that I still have a lot to learn. Aside from the fact that I barely made it with two spare bombs in hand, you can clearly see that I don't know the proper strategy to deal with certain spell cards, such as Snake Eats the Croaking Frog. And you know what the real kicker is? Suwako is widely considered to be the easiest Extra Boss of the whole series. Yep.

But I don't give a flying fuck. After the last spellcard I just sat there and let the dialogue idle for a good 12 seconds because I couldn't believe what I just did. After clearing that stage, I felt like I could do anything, and that's all that matters to me.

Runner-Ups: Final session of Case 4 (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice for All) and Beating Champion Steven (Pokémon Sapphire Version)

Edited by Ricky
  • Thumbs Up 1

Beating Lost World in SA1. I was a kid and SA1 was my first Sonic game, so the stages gave me some trouble. Lost World gave me the most though. When I finished that stage, I felt like the king of the world.

DAY 15 (again)

I'm going to add one...

Bioshock. "I meet Mr Bubbles"

I will argue relentlessly that I do not think Bioshock is a very good First Person Shooter, there are a great deal better than it... I also don't think the story is too good either... buuuuutt.... one thing it excells at, is the atmosphere.

The effect it has over someone is quite remarkable.

Now I came to this game from the PS3 port. I haddn't paid much attention to it other than a music rendition that I'd seen at VideoGames Live a few months earlier, so I didn't know what to expect other than what everybody else was raving about.

So I start the game and very quickly I find myself crawing along some support beams and I hear this ghostly voice singing.

Mr Bubbles

Mr Bubbles

Are you there...

Are you there...

Come and give me lolies

Come and bring me toffees

Teady bears...

Teady bears...

so tentatively I crawl down and hide behind a counter as... this... gentleman decides to cave someones head in.

I definately wasn't expecting that... but it's ok... I have a wrench... .. ... Well I did take one down with a wrench so go me!

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 15 - WHATS YO FAVORITE MOMENT IN VIDYA

This'll be a doozy.

Pokémon Black and White - Skyarrow Bridging over to Castelia

Sky_Arrow_Bridge.png

Okay, as soon as you defeat Lenora and N for the first time, you get treated to Game Freak's most impressive treatment of 3D gameplay without full 360 degree rotation yet. However, as soon as you finish crossing the bridge, you are treated to a display of Lower Manhattan which looks GREAT on a DS game.

28.png

Wow. Just wow. I've been waiting for this this entire time. From the bore that was Diamond, Pearl and Platinum over to the exhilaration that was HeartGold and SoulSilver that gave us fully 3D cutscenes, we finally have 3D gameplay. And in the words of that one bald guy in PokéSmash that shared my reaction...

Castelia.png

"BIRU GA ARU~!"

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 15 - favourite moment.

I didn't think I wold be abe to make it today...(shitty days are shitty).

I'll have to keep it short because I don't have a lot of time right now.

Starcraft II announcement Trailer.

I never fangasmed as much as the moment this little gem was revealed... My favourite game ever! getting a sequel after how many years!?

Maybe the best part of this is that Blizzard wasn't happy with just showing us a trailer, that very same day they also had a demo of the game ready for show (but not play) showcasing the new graphics, portraits, units, and lots of nods to the fandom. biggrin.png

*sadly I can't fid the video and as I said before, I'm really short on time*

The following months of crazyness and hype were awesome too, I'll never forget my time in SC:Legacy, really cool people all around and the overall awesome Blizzard PR guys were almost always in contact with us... I should pay a visit to that site again some day... Even if it's just to check how Heart of the Swarm is going.

But seriously, the day SCII got announced was one of the best days of my life as a gamer. biggrin.png

Honorable mentions go to Sonic Adventure 2 GUN truck chase (Can't forget Big running around... I used to think the truck crushed him D: ) and the whole final story (Gerard was awesome/creepy >_>), and getting a heaven Striker in PSO (Oh man it feels so good to use that weapon in EPIV).

I'm expecting this crappy post to not count.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 15 - Your Favorite Moment from a Video Game

You've got thisssssssss Sonic! (Sonic Generations)

Oh yes, I used the over-used line for the headline! (-InsaneLaughter+NoOneCanStopMe-), but seriously, this is my favorite moment in videogame history, Modern and Classic Sonic confront Classic and Modern Robotnik! Also, I liked the ending when all of Sonic's friends game together and said "Come on Sonic, SMACK HIM!" (What does that even mean Knuckles?) Then...THEN...Sonic becomes SUPER SONIC! (While the trolling music plays.) We then get stoked for a EPIC major battle that is the best EVER...but we'll save that for another time.

Edited by The Scarlet Spider

Day 15 - Favorite Video Game Moment

I can't think of anything really, so I'll just go with a moment in...

sonic_adventure_2_logo-10826.png

To be more exact, the beginning of the Hero story. Sonic being a prisoner was already pretty cool, but him then just making a joke, kicking the soldiers' asses, jumping out, ripping out part of the helicopter's wing, jumping off of the helicopter landing on the ground and using the wing part as a snow board was just one of the coolest things ever. The whole level continues with that feeling. I'm Sonic, I'm on the run from the army and yet I'm still having a laugh. The Army chases me down with a giant truck, destroying everything in it's path, it attacks me with a mech, yet not once am I worried.

• Thumbs Up 3

Favorite moment in a video game for me would be:

SPOILERZ

Damn this game was awesome. and...this ending...is just...amazing. The music. The dialogue. The intensity of it all. I was literally glued to my TV during this ending. and then...the aftermath...it almost brought me to (manly) tears. This is definitely my favorite ending in a video game that I've played.

This is truly one of the best, and my choice.

The buildup and actual battle with the final boss was intense, if easy, and that ending. From the final portal, to the turret opera, this is the most exceptionally done ending I have seen.

The dialogue and scene are really good. BUT THAT MUSIC JUST MAKES IT FOR ME. It's beautiful, from the heart-pounding final boss theme, to the music seemingly realizing the same thing as you when you make that final shot, to the frantic space scene.

The turret opera is also one of the best, most uplifting ending songs in history. It really gives you the feeling that you finally, truly won.

Day #15 - Your Favourite Moment from a Video Game

This one was hard, so I've decided to just try and split it between favourite intro, gameplay moments, and endings instead of narrowing it down any further than I already have. I still have loads more coming into my head as I type this, but I'm gonna stick with the first ones I thought of just because they're the most memorable to me.

Sonic CD Intro

As far as I'm concerned, the CD intro is probably the most iconic thing in the series right after Green Hill Zone... the JP/EU version specifically. It's just so upbeat and really sets the mood before you've even got started on the game, and always the first thing that comes into my mind when I'm asked something like this.

9fntoj.gif

The original version was just a total thrill, not just for how much fun it was to whoosh around the city and pull off zany stunts as you head for your destination, but the fact that you done it while the Offspring blasted out the speakers and you had someone in the back seat shouting "Take me to Pizza Hut!" The real-world locations (which would have been nothing but pure blatant advertising anywhere else, yet just completely worked here) and soundtrack gave Crazy Taxi most of its charm, which is why most of the rereleases don't sit well with me. Just driving around the city is one of the coolest things I've ever done in a game.

rm2w6h.jpg

I'd played quite a few 3D games before Mario 64 came along, but this was the one that just made me stand there and go "WOW!" As soon as you come out of the warp pipe and find yourself facing Peach's castle you just know it's going to be something else, and that and Bob-omb Battlefield are the two bits of the game that always come to my mind just because I remember what an impression they made the first time I played it.

21jr420.gif

You spend most of your time in Dobuita in the first game, and the game is so immersive that you feel like you've really got to know all the characters that go about their day to day lives, so much so that it's genuinely sad when it comes time to move on. But the scene where Ryo takes his last walk around Dobuita is one of my favourites because it's just such a lovely moment.

World of Illusion credits

I don't care how short and easy it is now; this was always my favourite Mickey Mouse game just because of how absolutely charming it was both in both appearance and sountrack. My favourite bit of the game was always one of two things... the awesome

you could get to when playing as Mickey... and the end credits. It was simple enough to look at: Mickey and Donald are walking through an incredibly pretty forest-area while the music plays... but it's still one of those most epic things I've ever seen and heard.

333cock.gif

One of the first things you do in Earthworm Jim is launch a cow into orbit using a fridge and a makeshift catapult, and after having a laugh at it you carry on your way and don't think much else of it. By the time you've battled your way to the end it's almost slipped your mind, but just as Jim's about to go in for a smooch with the lovely Princess What's-Her-Name... the cow finally comes back down to Earth and crushes the princess before you get a chance to do anything else. It's just one of those moments where you go "What?" before cracking up at just how hilariously random it is.

Honourable mentions: City Escape, running down the building in Speed Highway, Super Metroid's ending, and playing Arkham Asylum for the first time.

Edited by Lucky
  • Thumbs Up 1

A bunch of the really good ones have been taken already for reasons that I'm sure have nothing to do with me posting this an hour before the deadline, so I'll be a hipster and post some less ~mainstream~ moments.

Childhood, from Dragon Quest V

Dragon Quest V is my favourite entry in that series for a lot of reasons, but the impression made by the game's first few hours probably have a lot to do with it. The game takes place over the course of the main character's life, beginning when he's six years old. This isn't a Fable-style short tutorial segment, either; it's quite lengthy, and the gameplay actually does a lot to reflect the character's age instead of just ignoring it. You can only travel the overworld under your father's supervision (meaning, in an automated sequence) or, in one case, by sneaking out at night while he's sleeping. You aren't enveloped in any kind of world-saving conflict until the very end of this portion of the game; plot-relevant things happen, of course, but the actual adventures you go on are limited to a bit of cave-exploring and a visit to a haunted castle. In any other game that kind of thing might feel like a boring distraction before you're allowed to get into the meat of the game, but in DQV it felt like exactly the kind of goofy kids'-book adventure I always wanted to go on when I was six. There are even a few nice little touches throughout this part of the game, like the fact that you can't read signs or books because... well, the Hero hasn't learned how to read yet. It's all ridiculously charming, and it gives the game a lot of scope that it might otherwise have lacked.

Route 23, from Pokémon Generation I

23.png

Spoilered for size. I couldn't not include a picture.

Yeah, facing the actual Elite Four and completing the game was nice, but going through the gates on Route 23 for the first time with every gym badge in hand was probably the most exciting moment in the entire series for me. I'd been around the world, I'd beaten up a mob boss, I'd just fought Blue for the zillionth time and now I could finally get past those gate guards who'd been blocking my way since twenty minutes in. Later generations' decision to reduce the number of guards to one and have him check all of your badges at once was probably smart, but damn if it wasn't satisfying to be reminded of my victories one by one the first time. The different types of terrain were a nice touch as well; it all felt cohesive, like a giant garden, but it also provided a little sample of many of the different types of landscape I'd trudged through over the course of the adventure. Also there were wild Kingler in the water, and that's sort of cool.

The Tweeest, from Jade Empire

So Jade Empire has a relatively simple story. Your hometown is destroyed and your martial arts mentor, Master Li, is kidnapped, and you've gotta be a cool enough dude to rescue him. Everything goes according to cliché for a while, until you reach the corrupt Emperor's palace, beat the crap out of him and recover your old master...

And then Master Li, the kindly old man who taught you everything you know, exploits a flaw he spent years building into your fighting style and murders you on the spot. You spend the next couple of hours of the game in the afterlife, and once you've recovered (of course) you need to fight your way back to the palace and take him out.

Now maybe I'm just a dumbass for not seeing this one coming, since the game hints blatantly tells you very early on that Li is a lot stronger and smarter than he lets on, and just about everyone you fight over the course of the game comments on a weird flaw they think they see in your fighting style. I probably should've clued in, I guess, but for whatever reason Li's betrayal blindsided me. It probably wasn't as good as the Revan twist in Knights of the Old Republic (which I'm not listing because I had that spoiled for me before I played the game), but it was still a great moment.

Spoilered for actual spoilers this time, f'rllz.

DAY 15 FAVORITE MOMENT THIS ONE HAS SPOILERS FOR OCARINA OF TIME AND WIND WAKER OKAY THANKS

Two of my favorite Video Game moments are the final battles to both Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker, for similar reasons. It's the final blow in both these battles that capture my favorite moments. In Ocarina of Time, when Ganondorf is revived as Ganon, and you have to defeat him again...

There's one problem, he's knocked the Master Sword out of your hand and outside a magical barrier. What do you do? Get to his tail and pound on him with Light Arrows and the Megaton Hammer. Once the Barrier is down, you can retrieve the sword, and deliver the finishing blow to Ganon - by stabbing him Square in the head. It's amazing.

Wind Waker takes this one step further. Zelda will be helping you out by throwing Light Arrows at Ganondorf, allowing you to get a few hits in. Then, the same thing, only reflecting them with your Mirror Shield. When it's time to end it, Link jumps up onto Ganondorf, does some sort of acrobatic fucking PIROUETTE, and stabs Ganondorf SQUARE IN THE HEAD AGAIN. He is then turned to stone.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 16 - Most Tragic / Saddest Moment from a Video Game

My favourite moment was my saddest moment, what do I do now?

Should I choose my 2nd Saddest moment?

Edited by Rawrdom

My favourite moment was my saddest moment, what do I do now?

Should I choose my 2nd Saddest moment?

Either that or elaborate upon it a bit more.

THE ENTIRE PHANTOM BRAVE GAME!

phantom_brave_poster_art_lg.jpg

TV Tropes said it best: "any of the chapters where Marona is not trusted for hanging with Phantoms, her only friends who aren't alive. In short, most of the whole damn game.". And that's pretty much how sad the entire game is! Marona has a special ability where she can see Phantoms in the world. Because of this, almost everyone she meets ridicules her for being "possesed". Now, it does get better for her as the game goes on, but the ending is pretty damn sad on it's own, and the extra scenario in the Wiimake/PSP is even MORE depressing. An alternate version of Marona, Carona, lived in a world where EVERYONE EXCEPT HER, including her only friend, Ash, is DEAD! In the opening cutscene no less! The whole game is pretty much "All of the Other Reindeer" turned up to 11.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day Two of "Categories Made for Pheonix Wright Games"

Spoiler'ed because Spoilers

Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations

Bridge To a Turnabout

The entirety of this game was structured brilliantly. In the very first case, what could arguably be called the Big Bad (or at least the Dragon for the real big bad) for the entire series is convicted of murder and executed. No problem, right?

Then Case 4 starts, which is a flashback that takes place before the first case; and indeed practically serves as the building ground for the entire trilogy. And then you start noticing little bits and pieces of things that don't add up. I'm not talking about the obvious stuff, like knowing exactly who the murderer in this case was the instant she shows up. Little nods and allusions to throwaway lines and ideas from the first case, and things that were referenced in the first case that pop up here. Then you start noticing bigger similarities, and you start getting a pit in the bottom of your stomach, but you can't quite place why.

Then the bottle shows up (10:58), and the entire world comes crashing around you as you realize exactly what has been going on in both the first case and this one. And as you struggle to fight the line of events that you just realized are coming, things begin to look up. You've got the bitch backed into a corner, and you know it. And you begin to wonder just why the first case played out like it did. For a minute or so, you are on top of the world. You fought fate, and won.

Then the witness starts coughing up blood, and you realize that that fucking bottle, that catalyst for so many events in the series, has stolen victory right out from under you. And while you will before long find yourself revelling in the fact that that bottle was ultimately the rope with which Dahlia Hawthorne eventually hung herself, those are thoughts brought about by introspection. It matters little when the deed actually occurs.

Edited by Celestia
  • Thumbs Up 4

Sixteenth: Saddest moment

Mass Effect. "I Remember Me" sidequest

I can think of a lot of sad moments in games, but this is the one that made me cry. Seriously. Tears and lump in throat and everything. It's a scene consisting entirely of dialogue with stiff and unconvincing character movements, but the voice acting is so damn amazing that the scene sucked me in completely. Even in my Renegade playthrough I couldn't bring myself to pick the mean responses to that poor girl. I just wanted to reach through the TV screen and give her a hug and tell her it'll all be okay. Recieving the email from her in Mass Effect 2, confirming that she was doing well and rebuilding her stolen life got me choked up again just thinking about the original scene.

Now that's powerful.

Runner-up:

The Darkness. Jenny's death.

There's never been a scene more effective for getting me, the player, to completely despise the villain of the game, and to understand that the awesome powers of the Darkness are truly a curse instead of a gift.

• Thumbs Up 1

5linksgoodbye.jpg

Link Leaving Outset Island (The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker)

It's not an all too dramatic scene, but every time I play the game and reach this moment, I tear up. Just watching this boy sadfully depart from his grandma and his grandma is just sad.

I think Nintendo did a great job on the scene. All of the characters are giving off distinct emotions. Link having the hard time departing really sets up Link's beginner status to me. The music seemed grand, yet sad. It was really fitting.

• Thumbs Up 3

Ok, this is going to have a shit ton of spoilers for those who haven't played Xenosaga or the series, so yeah...

Xenosaga: Episode II

Albedo's change of character

When I played this game originally, I actually didn't like Episode II compared to I and III. They pretty much changed all the voice actors from the first episode, had possibly my least favorite of all of the outfit changes, and had a really odd fighting system that I didn't much care for (aside from Double Ether attacks). The voice acting was pretty bad in this one and then BAM! This scene happened in the game. This friggin' scene. I cried so hard when I first saw this. They delived the lines pretty damn well and if you had played the first Xenosaga, you'd know how screwed up Albedo was.

(2:00 to 4:03. The only direct one I found was in Japanese. Originally, he had a gun in his hand but it was censored out into an orb of energy instead)

Honorable Mentions

Also Spoilers!

Mother 3

Chapter 1/Hinawa's Death

How could I not have mentioned this? From the time the Pigmask's arrived in the first Chapter until the end where not only Hinawa dies but everything in the forest that was good and green is destroyed and altered for the worst. It gets even worse when Claus, Lucas' twin brother, is suddenly missing at the end.

Edit:**

Poke'mon Black/White

Ghetsis' plan reveal

Damn, I totally can't believe I forgot this scene. At the ending when you beat Poke'mon Black/White when Ghetsis is revealing his true plan and pretty much declares that N is a monster without a human heart. A little harsh, dude. I know that Ghetsis is a douche-bag and all, but after ragging on him and full out telling him that he was used for the complete opposite of what N had hoped to accomplish was emotionally unsettling, especially for a Poke'mon game.

Edited by Briaaaah
  • Thumbs Up 1

I was going to say Windwaker! That or just in general... Link's Grandma, I mean, the poor old woman is sitting there having nightmares and crying and whatnot, and she just wants her family back with her...but then Phantom Hourglass has Link on his next adventure, and Spirit Tracks continues that particular series, claiming that WW Tetra and Link found a new hyrule and lived there, etc... Nothing was ever mentioned of them going back for Link's Grandma, or anyone... D; She just grew older with Aryll(? We dropped her off at home at the end of Windwaker...riiiiight?), but it doesn't sound like Link ever went home...

:C :C :C

</depress>

Honorable mentions:

Super Paper Mario's endgame story...

All of Majora's Mask (XD)

Shadow's death in Sa2.

Edited by Aptiva
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oooh I have a good montage for this ready from when I did the similar 30 day challenge on facebook. Quote box to avoid picture glitch thing.

25947610150273849454740.jpg

Half-Life 2: Episode Two

The ending. Serious spoilers, do not read if you have even a vague intention of maybe one day playing:

Damn just did not see this coming. =C Especially frustrating thanks to Eli revealing himself to be aware of the Gman not minutes before his death. Alyx's reaction was heartwrenching, and the fact that you are just completely helpless... urgugugh it was horrible but only because it was so well done.

BioShock 2

Almost the whole game, but in particular this haunting scene from the intro (pictured). So much emotion from just your player character, Subject Delta, looking at himself. With no expression, just music and body language, they convey the sense that you still somewhat remember that you're not meant to be this hulking monster - yet also feel complete affection towards your new, brain-controlled job - protecting the little girl who now percieve to be your daughter. Also of note, the moment where you finally reach Eleanor is very heartbreakingly done, and the non-good, non-evil, "sad" ending is... well, pretty damn sad.

BioShock

The ending, spoilers below, again no reading if you even vaguely think you might one day play:

Again, almost the whole game is "sad" just from the backstory of the envioronment around you - but the end sequence was the only part that made me cry. Ironically - it was a flabberghastingly happy tearjerker. I don't care what people say, including the developer themselves saying the ending was rushed. I thought it was perfect.

Prof. Layton and the Lost Future

The ending. Spoilers below again:

Urg, seeing Layton lose his composure like this was heartbreaking. The only thing that spoiled it was how much they overdid the whole "Omg Layton took his hat off!" moment by having him randomly without his hat in the epilogue too.

Zelda: Majora's Mask

Most of the game. The story is FILLED with tons of little optional observations you can make of characters during the final night before the moon crashes into the earth. There are so, SO many little scenes to be found, from the workaholic postman who refuses to leave town because it's not on the schedule, to a solemen, silent, final dinner between two sisters after you failed to prevent one of them from being lobotomised by aliens on the first night of the three days.

Yeah, Majora's Mask is my favourite Zelda game.

World Of Goo

The MOM's computer level. Through heartwrenching music and expertly written dialogue - they made me love and care about a spambot who honestly thinks she is making the world a better place by sending messages about products that will benefit people's lives from the data she has gathered on them. ...And you have to make the choice of whether to shut her down or not.

Honourable Mentions:

The ending of Lucidity, the ending of Conker's Bad Fur Day (at the time, nowadays I find it just a touch random and cheap), most of To The Moon, the christmas stage from Elite Beat Agents.

Edited by JezMM

Christmas Gift (Elite Beat Agents)

Oh good lord, when I played this the first time I was...ugh...I'm not GONNA CRY..I'm gonna cry...Well anyways, this is the saddest moment in any videogame I have ever played before (I don't usually play games that make you sad. =/) I can't even play this stage with it bring a tear to my eye, I just can't handle it. @_@ The way the little girl lost her father and the EBA help her father deliver one last Christmas gift to the daughter. Ugh...sadness.

Edited by The Scarlet Spider
  • Thumbs Up 5