Awoo.

30 Days of Video Games

Sami

SADDEST MOMENT FROM A VIDEO GAME

THE ENDING OF KINGDOM HEARTS (SPOILERS ABOUND, INGRATES.)

20-kh-ending.png

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

Basically, you beat the shit out of Ansem outside of Kingdom Hearts, and inside is the King and Riku. But they have to close the door, so Donald and Goofy wasted their time, and so did you. Then Kairi's finally back, and her ass gets swept away again. This time, back to the islands where she sees what Sora drew in that cave area. She realizes a whole bunch of shit at once, including Sora's feelings. Dis bitch is crying and there's music playing and DAMMIT WHEN IS PART TWO COMING RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

And then we see the main trio once again not having a clue where the fuck they are, in some field or something, and they just walk away until they find Pluto. So, the main accomplishment here is that they found Mickey's bitch-ass dog. Sheeitt.

As much as I kid around, this ending was really sad. The combination of music and fantastic graphics make this leave a really sad feeling with the player.

A runner up might be Sora's little suicide in Hollow Bastion.

Edited by A Match in Oil Ocean Zone

Oh jesus christ, someone mentioned the class trial from Ace Attorney 1. That was definitely a choice I was considering writing about, so I'm glad someone else did it. And that piece of music is phenomenal - it's a huge surprise that it was brought back for equal effect in Viewtiful Joe.

xdeath.png

Mega Man X's death at the end of Mega Man Zero 3 always struck me as being pretty sad. The main character of a long running franchise (Well....the main character of the previous part of the franchise at this point anyway) being killed off is always sad to see, but then you take X's character traits into account, and the scene becomes even sadder. He'd been through so much in the just over a century that he had been active. He'd fought in several wars, watched his best friend die several times, in fact, everyone he knew he would've seen die at one point, assuming the Zero series follows the trend of any characters that don't show up from the previous series are dead logic, seen a space station crash into the planet he lives on and devestate it, endured Mega Man X6, watch the unity of humans and reploids that he had been fighting to create break up, each one forming into segregated colonies, and had to watch several wars unfold where he was helpless to do anything due to the lack of a body. What makes this so tragic though is that through all of this, he never got what he was fighting for. The whole time he was fighting, he was doing it so he could live in an era of peace, just like Dr. Light had intended him to do so, but he never got it due to the constant wars he had to be put in. He never even got to see the end of the battle he was currently watching over, as he had to die before Zero was able to finish off Weil, and ironically, the era X had been fighting to see occured just after Weil's defeat. What's even sadder is X's final words seem to fall on deaf ears. Zero never really seems to acknowledge that his (previous) best friend just died, I don't even recall him mentioning anything about it, he sort of just ignores it.

Honourable mention:

Sonic's "death" in SA2 that is seen in the Dark story saddened me a bit back when I first saw it. This was because when I first saw it, I hadn't seen the Hero side yet since I was stuck at one point on that story, and thus decided to progress on the Dark story instead, meaning I was unaware that Sonic survived it back when I first saw it. That and I was still pretty young at the time, so I wasn't aware of the whole Sonic's always going to survive since he is the hero thing. Sonic was a big part of my childhood, so watching the main character "die" like that, again, I didn't know he made it out at the time since the Dark story was the one I reached this point at first, was pretty sad.

• Thumbs Up 3

Day 16 - The Scene That Had Me Crying Like A Bitch

First off, these three:

Case4art.png

Edgey.gif

AA3Case5artA.png

FFFF- As you may have figured, Ace Attorney is an amazing series; and one that deserves all the praise it gets. The beautifully written plots, the lovable cast of characters, the expert use of an already fantastic soundtrack, and the perfect positioning of plot twists and revelations do an amazing job of leaving an impact on whoever the player may be. Even better, Ghost Trick is exactly the same; giving me two completely different plots to enjoy. I love these games very, very much; and I don't use that phrase lightly.

However, we've gotten more than enough Ace Attorney and Ghost Trick in here (brilliant posts, you guys), so I'll use something else. Something else that really, really got me emotionally the first time I saw it.

MASSIVE PERSONA 4 SPOILERS

Persona 4 is a murder mystery story from the beginning, and carries that theme all the way to the end; to the point that almost all of your team members are introduced to you via their attempted murders. Yikes.

There is, however, one death that stands above all the other attempts; and the weird thing is that it's actually significantly less gruesome than the potential ones. Dying on account of being torn apart by monsters and subsequently held to rot atop a telephone pole sounds a lot less desirable than death on a hospital bed, surrounded by friends and family. And yet this death got to me. The death that everyone who's played through this game remembers.

That's right... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9zg3su8Ddo.

(Skip to 08:16)

God, this scene gets me every time. Especially the first time, though. See, Persona 4 has three endings: The True Ending, the Good Ending, and the Bad Ending. Typical RPG stuff. It's at this point in the plot that you get your first opportunity to have your ending chosen. The best part? It all depends on how much you can control your emotions. You get the opportunity to kill the guy who's allegedly responsible for her death, though there are a few holes in the logic used to come to that conclusion. So then... you don't kill him, right?

No. Nanako's dead. I'm going to kill a bitch right now.

And that's what I did. I murdered the guy to avenge Nanako. And it felt... empty. The game sticks ahead to the day of your train tripaway from Inaba, and I got the feeling Dojima knew about and respected the decision I made. I said my goodbyes and boarded the train.

God. I don't even feel bad. Just... empty.

Edited by Dissident
  • Thumbs Up 1

Day 16 - Saddest Moment

I'll go with Infamous 2 again.

Infamous-2.jpg

Major spoiler in this post. I don't know how to do the spoiler BB code, so I hope I use this right.

You get alternate endings depending on your karmic destiny. Between evil and heroic, the heroic ending has the saddest moment. You have two pals, who tried to defeat the beast finally defeat the beast, but at the cost of losing one. Cole MacGrath sacrifices himself (and a few other conduits, WHAT A JERK) to save the human population. Zeke narrates this story; you feel his emotion towards his friend, and how close there were as friends, hell, probably close enough to be brothers.The ending theme also has an impact on the ending. So saaaad.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day #16 - Most Tragic / Saddest Moment from a Video Game

The Baby Metroid sacrificing itself for Samus (Super Metroid) (you'll wanna skip to the 1:50 mark)

Quick bit of backstory: At the end of Metroid II, Samus discovered a lone Metroid egg after she'd completed her mission of destroying the rest of the terrifying species... and the baby who hatched from it as she approached immediately imprinted on her and followed along as if she was its mother. Pondering it for a moment, Samus decides to disobey orders and spares the little guy, taking it back to her ship and setting off back to the Ceres Space Colony... and that's pretty much where Super Metroid picks things up.

Not long after dropping the baby off with the colony for examination, she receives a distress call and it turns out it's been stolen by Ripley and taken off with plans to make clones of it. And so you're off to get the Metroid back out of their clutches.

You eventually run into the Baby again... only it seems to have grown a hell of a lot since last time you laid eyes on it and goes out on the offensive before recognising Samus and instantly taking off again when it realises what it's done... leaving you to make your way on to the final boss.

That's when you come face to face with Mother Brain, and she seems to have learned a trick or two since your last encounter. Just as she's managed to immobilise Samus and leave you completely helpless as your energy is drained, she charges up for the final blow... which is when the baby Metroid comes rushing in and attaches itself to Mother Brain's head and drains her of her powers. When she's severely weakened, the Baby heads over to Samus and transfers the bosses energy and powers into her which drains its own life energy in the process... and that's when Mother Brain manages to get back on her feet and immediately destroys the Metroid, leaving its remains to scatter all around Samus... who uses her newfound energy to destroy Mother Brain once and for all.

It was just so touching when the poor creature came back to defend its "mother" right when she needed it most, and I swear I have never wanted to kick a bosses ass as much as Mother Brain's during that moment.

Runner-Up

This one made quite an impact just because I was not expecting it... what becomes of your mother in Dragon Age II:

Your mother is kidnapped by Quentin, a Blood Mage who's been driven insane by the death of his wife and has turned to necromancy in an attempt to get her back. He's been kidnapping and murdering various women in order to gather all the parts to rebuild the likeness of his beloved and targeted your mother because she had the same face... the last thing he needed for his reconstruction and already gone through with it. Once you've defeated him, the magic that was keeping what was left of your mother alive fades and she dies in your arms.. and as I said, it just came out of nowhere from me and made quite an impact. Especially as I'd already lost both of my character's siblings before that point and her mother was basically the only one she had left, so it just made the moment all the more tragic.

• Thumbs Up 3

Saddest moment in a video game for me...

This is a hard one, since a lot of the games I played didn't have any sad moments, so this is the wonly one that I could think of:

From "The World Ends With You"

Neku_and_Shiki_Parting.png

NEKU AND SHIKI PARTING WAYS

As you guys have probably figured it out from some of my previous posts on this, I really love this game.

This one wasn't a "cry your eyes out" moment, it's one of those moments that would make you go "awwwwwwww sad.png"

If you've played this game, then you know that these two didn't get along (more like, Neku couldn't stand her, or anyone else for that matter.) During the week of their partnership, Neku slowly begins to warm up to her. After finding out the entire story behind Shiki's background and entry fee (her own original appearance, inside the Reaper's Game, she takes the appearance of her best friend Eri), Neku grows closer to her, even to the point of comforting her a lot. Thus marks the official beginning of their friendship (a moment where players can go "FINALLY! HE'S NOT SUPER ANGSTY ANYMORE!"). After defeating that week's game master, the game is over and they celebrate, but the happiness disappears when the main reaper reveals that only one of them can return to the real world, that person being Shiki. She tries to protest, but Neku urges her to go on. She reluctantly agrees, and before she leaves, they share their goodbyes and promise to meet each other in front of Hachiko (a dog statue). Shiki floats in the air, slowly fading away. Smiling, Neku reaches for her hand, and she reaches for his, but she disappears before they make contact.

Edited by Alien/Renegade

Saddest moment? Um, I don't really have one. If there's one thing I can say, it's that game narrative doesn't play to my emotional side, I prefer to look at things analytically. That said, since I'm forced to make a choice...

Sonic Unleashed's ending

It was...I guess it was moving. Sonic had by now learned that the strength to fight Dark Gaia came from within him, Chip had grown as a character and the two gelled really well together and helped each other with their problems.

And the Chip, now revealed to be Light Gaia, had to die to make sure the world was safe, and Sonic remembers him on the surface once everything is over. Oh dear.

As I said though, I generally don't have -that- kind of emotional investment in video games in the first place.

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time

​After the defeat of Dr. Nefarious Ratchet and Clank return to the great clock to say their goodbyes. Ratchet decides not to use the great clock to undo the lombax's demise, because if he did major ramifications would occur. Alister the lombax who wanted to undo the past mistakes and bring back the lombax wanted to use the contraption any way, not even caring about the rip in time and space it would cause. Ratchet tells Alister it's not worth it they will meet with the lombax clan again some day but Alister wasn't having that shit. So once Ratchet turned his back he struck ratchet with his whatchmacallit killing ratchet. This scene was a real shocker to me, I knew Alister was pissed and really wanted to undo his mistakes but I didn't imagine him killing Ratchet. Ratchet is saved by clank going back in time and then you undergo a battle with Alister where he is the final boss witch I thought was hella cool boss battle.

Day 16 - Most Tragic / Saddest Moment from a Video Game

Christmas Gift (Elite Beat Agents)

Oh good lord, when I played this the first time I was...ugh...I'm not GONNA CRY..I'm gonna cry...Well anyways, this is the saddest moment in any videogame I have ever played before (I don't usually play games that make you sad. =/) I can't even play this stage with it bring a tear to my eye, I just can't handle it. @_@ The way the little girl lost her father and the EBA help her father deliver one last Christmas gift to the daughter. Ugh...sadness.

I've gotta agree with this. I just started tearing right up. The little girl just missed her dad, and when he showed up as a ghost to deliver a present for her, I just lost it, I was bawling. The entire thing is bittersweet, and it didn't help that they picked You're the Inspiration! My Day 16 pick is also the Christmas Gift mission from Elite Beat Agents. When I went to watch a video of it, I just started tearing uncontrollably. That's how sad it is.

Manly tears have been shed, Lucy.

Don't worry, YOUR DADDY CAME BACK

;A:

Edited by Heart
  • Thumbs Up 1

Day 16 - Saddest moment

(If you are on this forum, you should know about this, but I'll spoiler tag because I'm nice)

Gamma's ending from Sonic Adventure - I admit I couldn't really think of much moments in games that made me sad, so this was the best that I could come up with. It was such a contrast to the more happy-go-lucky characters in the game and their stories. Gamma has to destroy all his brothers, but he develops emotions along the way. In the end he has to go up against his closest brother, and he has to destroy him as well. Gamma feels sympathy and walks over to him, but Beta simply shoots Gamma one last time. Gamma then accepts his fate and detonates, letting the bird inside him fly free and join his family. It's definitely heavy, much moreso than pretty much any other scene in the series. I think the part when Beta shoots Gamma is especially powerful, as it shows how Gamma is the only robot who has developed compassion, and in that regard he is alone. It was just very good storytelling - much more than what I can say for pretty much every other Sonic story.

Runners Up:

Climax of Super Metroid - BLAH BLAH BLAH THE BABY BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Shadow's story in SA2 - Remember when everyone thought Shadow was awesome? Because he was an interesting character! His relationship with Maria is really touching, and he is for the most part pretty well developed. The anger inside him from his loss is eventually turned into compassion, as he makes the ultimate sacrifice to fulfill his friend's wish. Another example of a well-told story in a Sonic game, and a pretty touching one.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 16 - Saddest moment.

Once again my lack of story heavy games bites me in the back.

I would chose Gamma's death in Sonic Adventure, Shadow's Story in Sonic Adventure 2 or the poor baby Metroid in the only Metroid game I actually remember playing :lol: , but for the sake of not repeating them I'm going to go with some scenes from PSO.

pso_elenor.jpg

Phantasy Star Online - Offline quests.

Episode 1 has a big chunk of tragedy now that I think about it, in this little game you will find things like:

- A little girl who gets abandoned by her only family left (a buttler, her parents disappeared long ago).

- Another girl who falls in love with a computer who at the end shuts off itself to avoid hurting her.

- The guy who teached you how to fight who later wants to kill you because you got in his way (and he gets crazier the more you fight him)... But hey! At least you get a weapon for killing who pretty much was your teacher! :V

- An old cyborg who can't abandon his master even after his dead and decides to shut down itself.

- An old man who pretty much wants you to help him die in battle.

- A girl who lived in a capsule and wanted to be free but almost ends up blowing up with you, her sister, her father and a chunk of the planet because of it.

- The whole story behind Red Ring Rico, an hero of the people who went to investigate Ragol and later finds out the nightmare living inside this planet, the last messages you read from her are really frightening.

- etc.

It doesn't help that the music that plays after most of this quests is not the usually cheery and victorious tune you hear when you finish a mission, instead, you get this one..

These music alone used to wet my eyes (doesn't have that effect on me nowadays)

I wish I had more time to speak about these quests... Or think about a sadder moment... Sorry about that.

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 1

Day 16 Mother 3 Final Battle

Mother%203%20-%20Claus%20Dies-620x.jpg

Chapter 1 had me sniffing, the game had me droppin a tear every now and then, but the ending had me bawling. Fighting your twin brother, whom has been dead for 3 years, alone without any attacks while each of his attacks throw 100 damage seems brutal and cheap, but the way the battle was presented made it so wonderful and sad. At first, Lucas refuses to fight, and can only guard as his brother attacks him with no pity. But soon Hinawa's (Thier dead mother who was killed in CH.1) voice interupts the battle, telling Claus to stop it, remember Lucas, set yourself free, and what not.

Eventually, Claus comes through and remembers who he is. Removing his helmet, he looks onto Lucas, who cannot move, nor think straight after seeing his twin brother for the first itme in years. Then out of nowhere, Claus lainches a suicidal lighting strike, knowing full well Lucas's badge would deflect it, killing Claus. Everyone else joins the battle as Lucas holds his dying brother in his arms, who's says he's "finally going to be with Mommy again", then dies.

The way the battle is told, seeing the lifeless brother savagely hurting the other who refuses to fight, all while thier dead Mother's trying to stop them, with the brother finally remembering his life and killing himself to be free of Proky's control, really did strike a nerve through me somehow. I've seen sadder stuff in video games, but none of them ever made me feel as sad as this.

Now if only we could get Mother 3 to the USA and Europe legally (3DS virtual console anyone?), tears shall be flown.

But we all know Nintendo doesn't want us to have fun, right?

Edited by Naked Dog
  • Thumbs Up 1

Again, keep missing days. This should be the last time I miss a day :I

Day 14: Favorite Story

Pokemon_red_box.jpg

Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow (And the rest of them too, fuck it)

Find and catch Pokemon, train them, battle Gym leaders, fight an organized crime group and become the champion of the Pokemon League. Simple story that can bring a series a long way. Nothing too complex, its simple to get into and its always fun to play it. There's nothing you can't like about Pokemon, especially the originals.

DAY 15 - Favorite Video Game Moment

Sonic Generations: Death Egg Robot

OH MY GOD SEGA I FUCKING LOVE YOU FOR EVERY REASON EVER. The boss was a bit short, but the cutscene preceding it was my favorite part of the whole game. Pretty much everything I dreamed this boss to be in Sonic 2, happened right here. Way to go, SEGA!

Day 16 - Saddest Moment in a Video Game

Soap's Death- Modern Warfare 3

I'm not saying the game was any good at all (because its fucking terrible) but the fact that the character you played as for most of the Modern Warfare arc had just died... yeah, that's pretty upsetting. O

Well since someone already posted it...

Red Dead Redemption

john_marston_dead1291511960.jpg

You want to know what sucked about this? You , the player, watched as John was becoming a family man. You played with him as he was running chores for his wife. You watched him play dad to his son for once. And this shit happens.

Just damn.

• Thumbs Up 5

Saddest moment huh..., I can't think of any game other than the one I've already mentioned about 10 times:

Tales of Symphonia: End credits cutscene - Kratos and Lloyd.

I found this scene incredibly sad. Lloyd finally...

...gains respect for Kratos as his real father, and yet Kratos decides to leave along with Derris-Kharlan, So they have no chance of ever seeing each other again, just when they started to grow close to each other.

Day 16 - Saddest Moment from a Video Game

red.dead.redemption.01.lg.jpg

Contains Spoilers to the ending of Red Dead Redemption

So..if you somehow haven't already seen the ending from the posts above this one, uh..look away. Or something.

deathmarsten.jpg_2D00_610x0.jpg

John Marston's Death

I'm going to keep this one pretty short and brief. Reason being because it's already been explained a few times and I just don't feel like typing a lot. John Marston is one of my favorite video game characters of all time. He was brave, loyal, and did what he had to in order to reunite with his family. When he finally ends up being able to do so and running chores, spending time with and even saving the life of his son, you see that John is really happy to be with them again.

That is, until Edgar Ross and his army show up, breaking the deal he had with John to eliminate the members of his old posse. Trying to keep his family alive and allowing them to escape because he knew that they weren't going to leave him alone until he died, John Marston stands up against a large group of armed men, only to be taken down by all of them and die right there on the spot. R.I.P. John Marston.

Edited by krazystitch
  • Thumbs Up 1

Saddest video game moment? For the time being.....Halo Reach...I did get attached to a good few of the characters...the story was kinda fun...but going through it and finding out some of the cool characters die stinks...Completing the game to find out that everyone including yourself dies.....now that just sucks.

Day 16: These Gamers are BABIES

There's been a few scenes that tugged at my heartstrings, but the ones that really take the cake are those that go by "You will never see him/her again." and do a good job at that. [Keep in mind that, in WW and SA2:B's cases, those were the first titles I've owned with epic stories.] Last entry's a bit sensitive for spoilers as it is still fresh off the shelves [about some sort of sword pointed skyward, AND IT FOLLOWS SA2:B], so you were warned.

Because of their length, I've kept it all in spoilers.

Grandma, Ganon, and the King of Red Lions - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Okay, your sister just got kidnapped by a giant bird that just so happened to be the Big Bad(OR IS HE?) [more on that later at 11], and you set off to rescue her. But all you've got is a sword and nothing else, specifically you don't have a shield.

So, remembering that your house had a shield, you return to your house, only to see your grandma asking what was going on, and asking "Where's Aryll...?", hearing her speaking out in such a frail and worried voice, having heard the commotion.

You go up the ladder to get the shield, but you find that it's no longer there. You return down and see that Grandma had the shield ready, figuring out the situation.

You get the shield, then you hear choked sobs from Grandma, realizing that Aryll was taken away, shaking and whimpering.

AND THEN

PLAYS

So, already bundled with angst and resolve, you go onto the Pirate Ship and leave the island, seeing Grandma from the balcony---NINTENDO, YOU'RE TEARING ME APART ;A; STOPPIT!

And let's not forget going back to Outset when you visit your Grandma for the first time in a long time.

Cue bedridden grandmother, moaning and mumbling words in her sleep, distraught and saddened, and aforementioned song.

crying-baby-300x300.jpg

YOU'RE TEARING ME APART, NINTENDO

STOP GIVING ME THE SAD, NINTENDO ;A;

Now, onto Ganondorf.

Now, why would the Big Bad give me the sad? Did he make me cry because he hurt my friends? Feelings? Pride?

This only came to me today, but... maybe Ganondorf is the unfortunate antihero of the series, at least in the Adult Timeline. Seriously, read the article. It is a must. You will weep and feel bad for the ex-King of Evil. ;~;

Ganon, despite being the bad guy, does draw out feelings of sympathy in the sense that it didn't exactly seem like he wanted to take over the world here... he would at least want Hyrule to go back to the way it used to be. He misses the old days. He misses Gerudo, his people. He misses Hyrule, the winds he coveted and the land that stretched out for miles. The world that was once his home.

And now he sees all of these people living in blissful ignorance, how the gods have abandoned them, according to him.

10093.jpg

And now for the real tearjerker. The mood whiplash that is the aftermath of the final battle.

Everything up to 3:10 here.

"Alright! I won! I did it! HAPPY ENDING!

...wait.

WaitwaitWAIT.

...no.

......NO.

NO!

NONONO!!!

DON'T STAY BEHIND!!!!

WE CAN TAKE YOU WITH US!!!!

NO!

KING OF RED LIONS, DAPHNES, WAIT!!

ALL THOSE TIMES I SAID I DISLIKED SAILING! ;A; I TAKE THOSE BACK! JUST PLEASE DON'T DIE!

NO!

The_Loss_of_Ace.jpg

!!!

KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!!!!!!!"

babyCry_1517668c.jpg

Couple that with the fact that the song labelled "Farewell Hyrule King" was playing... TTATT

And that's what happens when you play The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.

Sayonara, N... - Pokémon Black and White

It will be hard to deny that it was this song that did me in.

I'll refrain from re-explaining the plot of these games as it has been done numerous times before in this thread, so I'll get straight to the point.

You've destroyed Team Plasma and saved the Unova region, and [unofficially] claim the title of Unova's Champion. Then you turn to N, his eyes no longer pure as they now know the truth.

With the Dragon Pokémon that has chosen him, he remains aloft outside the whole from the castle that he was enclosed in for so long as he shares his final conversation with you before departing to the expansive world that Ghetsis has secluded him from since birth.

This song starts to play.

Unlike the previous entry, N didn't die. But still... you see N no longer as a mere innocent boy trapped in the body of an adolescent youth. Thanks to you, he has grown.

And now he has to leave, never to be seen again. He flies off from his prison and into the free sky... The world that you have opened his eyes to.

g-080522-hlt-crying-baby-11awidec.jpg

GOODBYE N!! ;A; I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU!

Okay, I think that's all-

The Death of Shadow the Hedgehog & Chip/Light Gaia says Goodbye - Sonic Adventure 2: Battle & Sonic Unleashed

;A; O-okay, that's enough---spoilers ahoy!

Zelda Seals Herself - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

LEAVE ME ALONE, DAMN IT!! TTATT

tumblr_lna22bnTA81qk5emq.gif

Edited by VizardJeffhog
  • Thumbs Up 3

I am going to say the Last Story ending from Sonic Adventure 2.

I was out with my grandmother at the time and my sister called me on my grandparents' cellphone to say she beat the game. I told her not to spoil the story for me because I wanted to beat it myself. She warned me that it was sad ending and it made her cry. With this mind, I spent all my time after I returned to defeat the Biolizard, Final Hazard and finish the game. The sister's warning didn't prepare me enough for what happened to Shadow at the end though. I couldn't help but cry the whole time as I watched the ending. It is still one of the most moving moments I have experienced since I first started playing video games.

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 16: Saddest Moment in a Video Game

SPOILERS FOR SKYWARD SWORD

Zelda sealing herself away.

Okay, so, your girlfriend has been snatched up by a tornado and you go through three dungeons trying to find her. Eventually, you catch up to her, but immediately afterwards she is once again taken away from you by this chick you don't even know. You are then told that you have to go through three more dungeons to power up your sword in order to open the gate that will take you to see her. After all that, you finally meet back up with her...only to find that she is the reincarnation of the goddess who originally created the world and now has to seal herself in this temple to keep the demon king Demise from escaping his prison until his return can finally be prevented for good in the future. Yeah...it's pretty depressing. Zelda's Lullaby playing in the background, the revelations, the dialogue, Link's reactions and the fact that he actually cries himself, and, most of all, the fact that Zelda is actually a character instead of a plot device in this game all really make for an unforgettably touching, powerful, and sad scene. If you don't tear up at least a little at this, you have no soul. :V

Edited by The T-Man
  • Thumbs Up 4

Day 16: My saddest Moment in a Video Game.

Zero's death in Megaman Zero 4. I know I could have said Shadow's "death" in SA2:B and Altair's from AC Revelation's but those have been used up already. Zero's death in Megaman Zero 4 got me because he wasn't exactly a hero according to himself he just fought for those he believed in. Zero could have turned his back on the Resistance at any given time throughout the series but he didn't which shows just how much he believes in them. The ending and song just shows that he can finally rest in peace after many long battles to make way for a new era where humans and reploids can live together.

Zero: 20XX-22XX

Rest in Peace.

Edited by Cobalt_Bolt
  • Thumbs Up 3

Day 16 - Saddest Moment in a Video Game

prefight.png

The End - Mother 3 - Nintendo Game Boy Advance - 2006

This is going to be a shorter post because of how spoiler-riffic it is even today, many other people have described it better than I can, and because I want to go to bed right now.

No, I didn't cry at this scene because A.) I'm a heartless bastard, and B.) I unfortunately already spoiled it for myself because I thought I was never going to get the chance to play it in English anyway. Regardless, it still is the saddest scene I've encountered in games. Everyone should have a chance to experience this game.

Runner-Ups: That one other scene (Mother 3) and E-102γ's story ending (Sonic Adventure)

Edited by Ricky
  • Thumbs Up 2