Awoo.

30 Days of Video Games

Sami

Ratchet and Clank All For One

Fast forward to 1:15

Dr. Nefarious had me in stitches. This game was utterly mediocre, but was damn funny.

A good number of people have said it already, and I agree. Team Fortress 2 on the whole is a pretty humourous game, whether it be the characters' interactions during domination lines (My personal favourites being the Soldier's and the Demoman's), the weapon concepts (Such as the Holy Mackerel), the various hat and misc item ideas, or even the non-game media like the "Meet the" videos and the comics showing what the classes do other than blow each other into millions of giblets.

luigibowser.png

The Mario RPGs have a lot of funny moments, but a good number of them come from these two here. Luigi for all of the slapstick he finds himself in, as well as his cowardice being upped to eleven in these games (Well, the Mario and Luigi games anyway, I don't really recall that happening in the Paper Mario games) make for some pretty amusing scenes, and Bowser for his brutish, self righteous and pretty dense at times attitude causing some pretty funny moments as well. In my opinion, this is at it's best in the Mario and Luigi games, particularly Superstar Saga for Luigi and Bowser's Inside Story and Super Paper Mario for Bowser. These games really wish they would give Bowser more screen time in more of the games, it could lead to a lot more funny scenes in the series.

Honourable mentions:

Deadpool (Marvel vs. Capcom 3):Deadpool's appearance in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 was another one of the funniest moments to me. Whether it's his references to Yipes' (Of Mahvel Baybee fame) various quotes, his various pop culture references in his animations and his quotes, or even his 4th wall breaking with his victory pose and level 3 hyper move, he's just a really amusing character.

Most PS1 Capcom games' voice acting: It's been shown several times in this topic, these games have some hilariously bad voice acting, and have created some pretty infamous scenes as well. I still want to know what a Jill sandwich tastes like.

Susano/Rao (Okami): Both of these characters are also where a decent amount of the funny moments come from. Susano for his all bark and no bite attitude, having a massive ego, always bragging about how amazing of a warrior he is, and then he just spends most of his time sleeping and slacking off of work (Which he tries to justify as meditating), and whenever he does do something, he usually requires Amaterasu's help to do so. (And then once he realises he's not failing at everything he's doing, he then thinks he's being haunted.) As for Rao, her unawareness of Issun's comments about she's "stacked to the ceiling" to put it in his own words, and how Amaterasu doesn't listen to anything she says and just stares at her melons whenever she's talking make for amusing scenes.

Edited by Serperior
  • Thumbs Up 5

You know what I'm surprised nobody has said yet? Especially given the fuss that was made over it both when the game was announced and at the shock that it got censored in the US version?

Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe.

Jokers Fatality.

I think this was so funny at the time because it looks almost like it's going to be a 'friendship' finishing move, but then he pulls out the real gun and bang, it's the kind of prank you would expect the joker to do, but also there was the huge rumour about how there would be no fatalities because DC didn't want their characters to be killed in grusome ways... which ended up being totaly rubbish in the end.

But still... it makes me chuckle even after all this time.

Although this cut scene also makes me laugh, when Joker discovers he's won a fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCmUExMkbGs

From the start until 1:30 it's quite funny. Although I do love Sonya's punch at around 1:05, that makes me laugh every time.

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 2

Day #17 - Funniest Moment from a Video Game

I've sat and tried to narrow this down for a while. There's a few games I love that are absolutely hilarious, but the problem is I just can't pick one particular moment from any of them. There's the

at the end of Earthworm Jim that I mentioned in my favourite moments post already, but otherwise... man, I dunno. There's so many things from The House of the Dead (Typing of the Dead specifically... the only reason I ever died on the game was because I was laughing too hard at some of the phrases to bother typing them), the Sam & Max series, most of LucasArts' adventure games, and No One Lives Forever (The
is a favourite... but I love the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVD0sA2_HXQ, all the
listen in on, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft1R8TRERm4, and the
a little too much)... It's just impossible to pick one.

So in the end, I decided to go something that comes from a game I don't particularly like... but has one scene that is quite possibly the funniest thing I've ever seen:

How Do I Shot Web? (Spider-Man 3: The Video Game)

Was sat playing this with my little cousin when it came out and he didn't hit RT in time when prompted, and just... oh my god. Neither of us could breathe for the next few minutes because it was just so hilarious. I don't know what the best part is... the way he faceplants on to the concrete, the woman's crazy eyes, or the way she immediately goes "I'm going to die" right as he goes down. It's just total unexpected genius.

On the subject of Spidey, another notable mention goes to

from Shattered Dimensions.

And last but not least...

Suicide? Oh no, I'd say natural causes... (Harvester)

A lot of scenes in Harvester are funny for all the wrong reasons, but this one just takes the cake. Words can't describe how amazing and awful it manages to be at the same time.

• Thumbs Up 7

In Super Smash Brothers Brawl's Subspace Emissary mode. Peach is standing on the outside of Meta Knights ship with her parasol, completely oblivious to the massive explosions behind her! Then Fox accidentally almost shoots the dizzy Princess, pissing off Sheik! So Fox and Sheik are in the middle of an intense fight with one another and Peach breaks them up by offering tea. In the blink of an eye, both Sheik and Peach are sipping there tea politely down and Fox nonchalantly joins them! I laughed so hard and rewatched the scene at least 10 times!

And anything from the Zelda or Mario CDi philips games. Those are so hilarious for all the wrong reasons! The bad animation is the main reason for me, but the dialogue is also pretty crappy!

(I'd add a video or picture, but I am posting this from an i-pad, which makes it as difficult and annoying as freaking possible!)

How Do I Shot Web? (Spider-Man 3: The Video Game)

You have won Day 17. That is the most amazing cut scene I have ever seen.

Suicide? Oh no, I'd say natural causes... (Harvester)

If anyone doesn't get this... just watch the clip and wait for the womans reaction to the body...

Edited by Hogfather

Day 17 and the Funniest Moment in a Video Game. Another easy one for me as it is one that I play quite frequently.

Tf2_standalonebox.jpg

Team Fortress 2 is practically a funny moment from the moment you start it up. The weapons can be pretty outlandish such as getting killed by a Mackeral or getting killed by the Engineer's guitar taunt. The domination lines are also funny such as "I am gonna put a bullet inside your head. All over four counties!" Let us not forget the "Meet The..." videos which are also pretty funny also. All in all this game has plenty of funny moments even when you get killed.

• Thumbs Up 1

DAY 17 - FUNNIEST MOMENT

I'd probably have to say a big portion of Zelda talking in Spirit Tracks, especially near the start of the game.

zelda-spirit-tracks-train-3_0.jpg

Near the start of the game, Nintendo pretty much changed Zelda's personality. She talks, A LOT. She has a TON of funny moments in the game. Almost every cutscene with her has her with a hilarious expression. Or, she does something that makes Link startled.

legend-of-zelda-spirit-tracks_4.jpg

One cutscene I would have to pinpoint would be the first time Zelda visits the Spirit Tower.

3:00

I found it hilarious that Zelda flew to the top of screen, screaming while staring at you. That was priceless.

I also find the Phantoms talking to Zelda histerical.

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 1

Day 17: Funniest moment in a video game

First Class Ticket into the Forsaken Fortress - The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (starts around 1:30)

I found it incredibly hard to pick a specific moment in the Ace Attorney series to pick as the funniest moment, because most of the jokes I find funny need some sort of context that's usually given before the joke is ever made, some are running gags that kind of require the multiple scenes in order to be really funny, and the others are character quirks that constantly pop up throughout the entire series.

So I'll choose this instead, because this scene is pretty funny. It absolutely astounds me how Link managed to daydream through the pirates taking him off the lookout, stuffing him in a barrel, and loading him on a fucking catapult. They then try to reassure him that everything's going to be fine, they're apparently pros at doing stupid fucking shit after all. Lo and behold, the stupid fucking idea was incredibly stupid and probably broke a few bones in Link's body, but hey, it got him in the fortress!

Also the pirates just wave him goodbye after they launched him off the catapult, like it was nothing, I guess they really are pros at this.

• Thumbs Up 3

Day 17 - Funniest moment in a game

ANYTHING in Portal 2 - I've said it a million times, and I'll say it a million more: Portal 2 is the funniest game ever made. The characters are so hilarious and brilliantly written that it makes the writing in most games look like utter garbage. Any scene in this game could have been chosen, but I picked this scene in particular just because of how memorable it was. It really makes you realize how Wheatley's mere presence makes this game much more lighthearted than its predecessor, even when the game is at its darkest (which is arguably this scene). GLaDOS's insults, the crap turrets, Wheatley rolling down the tube, the Stalemate Button, the DING sound when GLaDOS is transformed, Wheatley's constant second-guessing of himself, it's all just brilliant. But like I said, any scene in this game could potentially be picked as the funniest. Lemons.

Runners Up:

Some scenes in Tales of Monkey Island Ep. 1 - There were a few scenes I loved in this game that made me crack up. One involves a password that needs to be guessed, and Guybrush's initial replies are hilarious, including "Is it pie? *smiles goofily* I hope it's pie." and "I have been reliably informed that the bird is, in fact, the word." Another one that I burst out laughing is when the Voodoo Lady is discussing a previous romance she had, and her descriptions get a little graphic, so Guybrush plugs is ears, muting the sound. When he unplugs his ears, we get the last snippet of her story: "- LIKE A VOLCANO!!!" Gross.

Various scenes in Conker's Bad Fur Day: Besides the obvious opera-singing pile of fecal matter, there are some other pretty good scenes in this gem. Conker at one point finds a little girl in an enemy base, and decides to help her because her parents would probably have money. He then finishes off some baddies and says "Now, to sort out the ransom - ER, rescue the little girl. *cheesy smile*" Brilliant writing.

End of the Thardus battle in Metroid Prime - This is a much more subtle funny moment, but I love it just because you would never expect Metroid to be funny. At the end of this battle against a colossal rock beast, he crumbles apart and the rocks fall to pieces. Samus runs from the burst of rocks flying everywhere, and then the rocks settle. And then BONK - a little rock hits her in the head. Not over-the-top hilarious, but it brought a little humor into an otherwise very dark and moody series.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 17 - Funniest moment in vidya

Speaking of the Legend of Zelda series...

...come on, I can't be the first person to say this, right?

Completing the Phantom Sword - The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Skip straight to 9:17.

I wanted to avoid WW and SS since they've been mentioned, so I went for the handhelds. The beginning of this scene towards the final battle of Phantom Hourglass takes the freaking cake. Oshus doing what he has to do (and not caring about Link's safety) and Link's reactions to his behaviour.

Freaking. Priceless.

♫~DANANA-*SNATCH!*

Edited by VizardJeffhog

Day 17 - Funniest Moment in a Video Game:

(I sure hope this counts)

Big_Rigs_-_Over_the_Road_Racing_Coverart.png

That's right, this game is what I consider to be the funniest game to ever be created.

Why, may you ask? Well, when you consider that this game allows players to back-up faster than the speed of light, turn and stop on a dime, drive OFF maps into an endless gray void, drive through anything and everything including your opponent, win before maps even LOAD to let the race start, you see just how funny this game is. Not to mention the fact that your Big Rig isn't affected by any terrain whatsoever no matter how steep, or how your opponent doesn't even move without a patch (And even with that patch installed your opponent will never cross the finish line), or how the game crashes when you pick one of the tracks in the game, upon mountains of over problems. Oh, and let's not forget the glorious message you get for winning, "You're Winner!".

This game is so absoutely terrible that it's the worst game of all time and also the most hilarious one. And yes, I have actually played this game before.

Edited by Red Cap-Blue Spikes

Day 17: Funniest video game moment

jubuix.jpg

There's no way I can describe Abe Lincoln Must Die! from Sam & Max Season One that justifies how unfathomably hilarious the whole thing is, but honestly the entire episode is full of moments that tickled my funny bone pretty damn hard. Aside from the positively amazing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L2Gve7oh_4, experience such joys as electing Max for president (as well as his unique electoral speech), a stubborn and extremely sarcastic bodyguard who somehow manages to be one of the more absurd characters in the season, using a cockroach to prank-call other individuals for your amusement and plot advancement, and delivering surprise nukes to the world over - not to mention that the main antagonist is a giant statue of Abe Lincoln as voiced by the extremely talented Roger L. Jackson.

• Thumbs Up 8

Day 17 - Funniest Moment in a Video Game

Spamming Voice Commands - Tribes: Ascend - Microsoft Windows - 2011 (Beta)

The voice commands exist in this game for a practical purpose and people actually do use it responsibly, including myself. But at the same time almost everyone bursts into treats whenever people use it for shits and giggles, including myself. Every time I sit down to play a couple of matches, I never find myself not giggling like a schoolgirl at least once whenever people do this.

There are three size-types of classes, each with their own voice. You have the snarky-sounding light class, the smug medium, and the ALWAYS-YELLING heavy. Add about 32 players assorted into whichever class they prefer, and let the improv and comedic timing do the job for itself.

[VGTG] I am the greatest!

[VGN] No.

[VGTG] I am the greatest.

[VGN] No.

[VGY] Yes.

[VGN] No.

[VGY] Yes.

[VGN] No.

[VGQ] Quiet!

[VGN] No.

[VGTW] When will you learn?!

[VGRD] I don't know.

And then there's the post-game [VGS] Shazbot! mating-call as seen in the video. Never gets old.

Runner-Ups: Abusing the text-to-speech with 5 other people (Moonbase Alpha) and Cross-examining the witness's parrot (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney)

• Thumbs Up 1

Scenario; you're playing some No More Heroes. Shit is all fuckheads and shit. We're killing everyone and we're gonna get laid. Time for the final boss. Oh shit, looks like we've been scammed by the woman we were going to bone. But to what end? Might as well finish what we started.

This bigass dude, clearly final boss material, with the biggest fucking beam sword ever is fit to take you down. He claims he's your father. Well that's bullshit. After all,

Fy0wS.jpg

And the great thing is up until now we've been mostly convinced that we shouldn't care because Travis doesn't. Except...

Wait a second...

0HLyK.png

FLAAASHHHBAAACKKKKK~

The bigass dude starts filling up Travis' lost memory holes, and he suddenly comes up with the most pulled-out-of-the-ass twist ever, and that's that your parents were killed by the woman you loved, the girl who there's been an unexplained framed photo of in your motel room for the past decade, the girl whom you named your own cat after; Jeane, and that the reason Travis picked up to assassinating is because of her taking everything away from him with Sylvia overhearing Travis' drunk and emotionally filled ranting after hitting the bottle at a bar. Sylvia saw the opportunity fit to scam him the hell out of his money by enlisting him into the fake Assassin's Association, and make him kill all the way to the top.

Suddenly out of fucking nowhere-

Jeane7.jpg

The fucking bitch shows up and drives her hand through the heart of the bigass dude. "You're as gullible as always, did you REALLY think he was your father?" Well naturally no because she killed him.

So then what follows after some typical reunion exposition is Jeane having to explain her motives to Travis. She is naturally, reluctant to do so. Main reason for this? "It's too terrible and it would jack up the age rating of the game even further".

Right at this moment it's clear that it's going to be one hell of an explanation.

But what I absolutely didn't expect, was this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeBUAJ2BPLw

Jump to the (3:11) mark. You have no idea how hard it was to find a clip of this scene that wasn't marred by editing.

I have never been as much in stitches over a scene as this one. It was completely unpredictable for me and just proves how batshit insane Suda51 really is.

Runner-up:

This. Just. This.

• Thumbs Up 2

Prologue through The Escape (Portal 2)

Not that the entirety of the game isn't absolutely hilarious, but these chapters had me laughing like a hyena. The prologue is especially great and it really shows how clever the writers are. Beyond that there's Wheatley's antics and more importantly, GLaDOS's passive-agressive childish jabs at you at every opportunity she can find. And never did it even feel forced.

Which Cave Johnson's jokes did sometimes.

• Thumbs Up 1

DAY WHATEVERTEEN - THE ENTIRETY OF SONIC 06

256px-Sonic_the_Hedgehog_Next-Gen_Box_Art.JPG

This game is the funniest game I've ever played. Its trying hard to be a third Sonic Adventure fails so terribly, that it's entertaining. This is pretty much the embodiment of the Trope So Bad, It's Good. The voice acting is laughable, the gameplay is glitchy, the story is shit, the music and environments are great ,and the character models look horrid, but the entire game just makes me smile. The only thing that could make it better is if it was released as a satire rather than an actual game.

Edited by Heart
  • Thumbs Up 2

Day 17 - Funniest Moment from a Video Game

Group Therapy? (Crash Twinsanity)

Ahhh yes, the bonus video from my favorite Crash Bandicoot game to date. This game was actually filled with hilarity, but I found this video about the funniest thing in the entire game. I also loved Cortex's new voice-actor, it made him more of a mis-understood freak than an evil villian. Yay for yellow-skinned weirdos.

Edited by The Scarlet Spider

Portal 2.

Just, Portal 2.

It is the funniest game I have ever played, and you should think so too. The jokes are great, and the VAs pull them off incredibly.

Example of who is clearly the best character in the game:

Day 17 - WHATS YO FUNNIEST MOMENT IN VIDYA

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE.

JOHNNY. POOPING ON THE JOB, YA PIEZZA SHIT - Metal Gear Solid 4

mlm6wo.jpg

Okay, this may be a little immature, but then again, Metal Gear (specifically the Solid series) has always been known for its sense of humor: very off-color, quite a lot of black comedy and it presents a lighter side of war and espionage that no one can really replicate in a video game. Like for example, crapping yo pants making poop go outta yo ass like Capten Ahbviyuss said so. Then again, this isn't the only part that is funny. Double entendres, codec conversations and banters, searching for porn instead of hiding from your enemies, are all what make MGS unique stealth-action games along with their cutscenes and gameplay.

• Thumbs Up 5

Oh my, Funniest?

Gonna have to go with Minecraft, when I was playing with my friend GiantMainProtagonist. We decided to play on his normal 1P world map together, take a few supplies, then GO really really far away and set up a new home. So we ventured for a whole in-game day, and found this HUGE forest island, with the most trees we'd ever seen, and also the BIGGEST TREE EVER. So we were like "Treehouse?" and it was DECIDED. So we hollowed out the huge tree (This was before leaf degeneration) and he lived in it, while I was trying to make a wooden tower beside the tree to get in/out of it easier, but creepers kept blowing my face up...

So after a while, Giant decides to make a moat, with a mob drop trap in it. How it worked was it carried away the mobs that fell into the moat into a lava trap where they'd burn, and then their drops would fall through the thin layer of lava, and into a pool below where it'd get transported over to a basement area near Wolfy's house (Wolfy was playing too!). So he was setting that up, while I was planning our treetop city above. He calls me over to ride the trap, since he hasn't put the lava in yet, so I do, and it works... Then he rides it too, it works, and then he puts the lava in place. I back up because I don't wanna be too close to it, when suddenly the grass next to him catches fire, then the tree right next to him...

"UH GIANT?!" I say on Skype, as he's saying something like "What's that sound o_O?" or "What're you doing?", "The tree next to y-- *fire spreads more* THE TREE NEXT TO YOU IS ON FIRE OH GOD PUT IT OUT PUT IT OUT!". So we're frantically screaming like loonies trying to put out this fire that just keeps SPREADING more and more. Eventually we gave up on saving the forest and just tried saving our (already) massive treehouse. Then as it's becoming (in game) night time, my game lags out and I can't reconnect to the server at all... xD Apparently there was SO MUCH FIRE that it KOed my game, I couldn't reconnect at all to that map for the rest of the (IRL) night, haha. So all I can hear is Giant screaming "OH GOD NO IT'S STILL GOING" and "IT'S BEAUTIFUL O_O", while I keep going "SAVE THE TREEHOUSE SAVE THE TREEHOUSE!!!". xD We were lolling so hard... Then the next day I was finally able to go back to the map after Giant had put out most of the fire that was remaining...and all that was left of our forest was a ton of floating logs, some of which were on fire, and our treehouse. There was literally /nothing/ else around for miles. XD I want to clarify that this island was rather HUGE too, like, you couldn't see the other side of it when it was on far render distance...so that fire did some serious damage, lols. BUT we/Trekker saved our treehouse! The only part that burned was the entrance area that I made. Man that was so fantastic. xD

(Wolfy's house and another one of our friends' houses were underground, or in our huge tree, so they were unaffected too, haha).

We actually have a screengrab of it, I'll go find it... xD

EDIT:

forest3.jpg

Mmmyeah. xD That's GiantMainProtagonist in the shot there as Bill, by the way. He's ontop of our treehouse, bein' all "....whoops!!"

The following morning:

forest4.jpg

Edited by Aptiva
  • Thumbs Up 3

Or the Orks in general. tongue.png

Orks... unintentionally funny? blink.png

While we're on the subject of unintentional humour, though... I know I've said this before, but I'm honestly pretty fond of Shadow the Hedgehog. While Heroes' vapid cheesiness was just lame and '06 was overwrought and boring, Shadow felt like an honest-to-god science fiction B-movie, from the trying-way-too-hard dialogue to the stilted acting to the terrible-looking stock aliens. It even had what I can only describe as

I cracked right the hell up the first time I saw that cutscene. It's just so stupid that it's almost cute.

Now everybody stand really still and pretend the muffins are trying to eat you! No, we can't afford an actual gas effect!

...as for something that's actually funny on purpose, I have to give a shout out to the awful puns from the Dragon Quest localizations. There are probably some people who object to this practice, but I adore puns, and the DQ games are full to the brim with them. They throw so many of them at you, in fact, that it's easy to miss obvious ones because of the sheer volume and then feel unreasonably clever for figuring them out later. I'll never forget the moment on my second playthrough of DQV when I realized that the guy who nearly dies in a volcano is named Crispin Burns. Derp.

I can't remember anything too specific so I'll go with this:

Mint's story in Threads of Fate is pretty amusing and this scene in Fancy Mel's Atelier isn't any different. Fancy Mel is a magician who seems to be a little over the top but it otherwise a nice person who does her best to help the main character, whoever that happens to be at the time. Combine that with Mint's crazy desire for world domination and you have a cute and amusing scene. smile.png

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG.

Sonic-the-Hedgehog-Characters-kingdom-hearts-vs-sonic-the-hedgehog-17088260-233-271.gif

There really is no contest for this one.

Why? He always has a carefree sort of attitude, but never, ever gives up. He doesn't take life too seriously, but knows when to crack down and get to business when the need arises, which in a sense, I have tried to imitate.

Despite traditionally going down in two hits, I always feel like some kind of speedy, nimble, and aerodynamic powerhouse when playing as him. Eventually getting to the point where if you've played a level enough times, it really looks like you are getting through like Sonic would actually do, not having to stop and take down enemies one by one, just blazing through.

He isn't a slow protagonist, and I never really feel like I can't dodge something because he's too slow.

He was an inspiration for me as a little kid, and is still my favorite protagonist.

Edited by Phantomime
  • Thumbs Up 1