Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

You can relate to the characters because they're so realistic. They have realistic situations and conversations and very little plot, it's great.

Edited by CreamyBagel

^ wtf no! Watch FLCL it's awesome T__T

I looooove Lucky Star it's the only anime I've watched so many times that I know it nearly off by heart >.> Though it's not's really side splitting giggles, it's my kind of humour so I love it.

FLCL is quite good. However I am glad I persevered with Lucky Star the first episode bored me to tears I just found it uneventful. The rest of it is quite enjoyable. I would not say it is one of my most favourite anime, as that would be an outright lie, but the style and the humour is quite fun and adorable characters make it at least worth a chance.

^ wtf no! Watch FLCL it's awesome T__T

I haven't seen Fooly Cooly, I've heard from a lot of people that it's good, so should I watch it sometime?

Emma you should most definitely watch at least ONE episode on YouTube or something and see what you think of it. =3 it is well worth the watch.

Emma you should most definitely watch at least ONE episode on YouTube or something and see what you think of it. =3 it is well worth the watch.

Thanks. I'll watch it A.S.A.P.

Edited by Emma Emmerich

I used to like Bleach but it's gone down the same path as Naruto and Dragonball, it goes on forever.

I watched a bit of Bleach and got bored fast T__T same with Naruto and Dragonball. Just not my thing I guess *shrug* I get bored when it seems to be the same thing over and over and over every episode. I mean, it probably isn't like that to fans...or maybe it is and they don't mind? I dunno lol

I watched a bit of Bleach and got bored fast T__T same with Naruto and Dragonball. Just not my thing I guess *shrug* I get bored when it seems to be the same thing over and over and over every episode. I mean, it probably isn't like that to fans...or maybe it is and they don't mind? I dunno lol

That's exactly how I feel. It started off fine, but it got boring and fillery way too fast, and I just lost interest altogether.

I hated the Bount arc for that reason, and I'm hoping that the next arc would be better.

I haven't seen Fooly Cooly, I've heard from a lot of people that it's good, so should I watch it sometime?

Watch the whole thing before forming an opinion. When I first saw the first episode, I thought it was just odd and kinda stupid, but by the end I ended up enjoying it quite a bit.

Naruto was dead as soon as the fillers started, and now Shippuden in both forms is awful. Bleach is ok, but its quality has dipped as well. Really, the only major Shonen I care for anymore is One Piece.

Bleach started out as a "Monster of the Week" anime, only the mosters had a more interesting connection to the characters, and the show had a tone different from most others.

Then they went to the soul society.

They then introduced 40 (!) new characters, and many of them became regular cast members. I find it hilarious when the squad one captain said "it will take one year before he can make his move", it basically meant "This is going to be a long anime with a plot averse to progression".

Bleach also has this annoying habit of acting as though a character has died at the end of a fight only for them to be ok a few episodes later. Look, of you don't want to kill Ichigo, simply don't have a guy jam his entire hand into Ichigo's abdomen. It makes the show confusing to watch and puts me into a cynical attitude where I base whether I expect the character to die or not off how important they might be to the plot, rather than actual punishment. Cleavage also seems to function as impenetrable armor (Has Matsumoto ever suffered worse than a few scratches?).

Also, every episode ends on a particularly clumsy cliffhanger. What's funny is that this is why I stopped watching it.

I guess fans of the show can put up with these kinds of things, but they grate on me.

Quick bit about Naruto: I could watch this show if not for the massive number of long flashbacks. If they're so important to the plot, just set the story in that time period. I do like their effort to avoid the stagnation that befalls most long running animes (time skip), it's rare to see anyone really attempt that kind of thing.

Digimon (except Frontier) is LOVE.

As for Bleach, I follow it, but I hate it with a passion. It was decent enough at first, but now it just.... sucks. Hard. IMO, at least, but I know a lot of other people feel the same.

And also random, but has anyone seen the new series, Shangri-La? It's pretty new in Japan, only two episodes so far. It's up for free on Crunchyroll. I'm reserving judgement at the moment, since it's a bit grittier and more... political than I usually go for, but I'm gonna stick with it for a bit to see how it is.

Has anyone here watched Digimon...? The first season? :c

I have! Long ago already. When I was in... fifth grade? I'm old =/

It's a love/hate thing for me. Sometimes cool, sometimes incredibly cheesy. Not to mention that overwhelming "Pokemon ripoff" feeling.

Digimon existed before Pokemon though, as digital pets. I know the dubbed Digimon came out after Pokemon, dunno about in Japan though...

Edited by Mollfie

Digimon existed before Pokemon though, as digital pets. I know the dubbed Digimon came out after Pokemon, dunno about in Japan though...

At the time we (me and my friends) weren't aware of that, because Digimon appeared at a time the Pokemon fever took over most of us (both on anime and videogames). It felt like a ripoff, even not being one. :)

Also Digimon actually had a proper plot, rather than pretty much the same damn thing EVERY FREAKING EPISODE. D=

I loved Digimon as a kid. It also had the only anime couple I ever cared about. I was a TaixSora fan. You can imagine the explosion my mind went under when I found out it was MattxSora canonically. I never put my thoughts into anime couples again. ;_;

Watch the whole thing before forming an opinion. When I first saw the first episode, I thought it was just odd and kinda stupid, but by the end I ended up enjoying it quite a bit.

Aa so! I know I posted a few pages back about what I thought of FLCL but..hey, I can give it another chance like Lucky Star! 8D Erection head FTW?

Btw my fave character in Lucky Star is Miyuki. I want to cosplay as her one day. :3 I can't stand Patricia though. This random song sums her up perfectly!

Has anyone here watched Digimon...? The first season? :c

Yuuuush. I used to love Digimon, I haven't seen it for ages. Hell at one point I even found it better than Pokemon! I only got to watch the first two seasons though, 'cos when I still lived in Holland, for some reason they never went on to dub the third and fourth. T.T