Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

There a many different styles of anime eyes. The eyes have been changing as time has gone on, and changed style quite alot compared to older anime. However not all anime has big eyed characters, like I said a lot don't. Modern styled big eyes are different to old styled big eyes. They are very different to one another.

tezuka.jpg

astroboy2.jpg

Seeing as you brought him up, compare Tesuka's style of anime eyes in the 50's to

s_haruhi.jpg

the modern styled big eyes of characters like Haruhi

and so that there's a boy included

lelouch.png

They are both 'big' but they are both very different and the modern big eyes have a different shape to them and seem bigger than older styled eyes because of the way that anime style has changed. If you move away from the face, look at anime bodies. The girls in Sailor Moon look vastly different to modern anime girls. Style changes from artist to artist, studio to studio and it always changes over time.

I don't think that the style of Eden of the East is bad, I never said that. I just think the girls eyes are weird, but I can't pin point why. I don't just watch moe anime lol, and I've been watching anime since I was a kid so I've watched quite a lot. I watch and read my fair share of boy manga/anime too, and I just don't like the style of this particular anime.

I watched the third episode and it was better, and it seems to be an anime that impoves with time. But I'm still not very bothered by it really *shrug* small things about the story and characters bug me, especially the girl. If a guy walked towards me naked, holding a gun I wouldn't try to find him to get my passport back, and I certainly wouldn't then go back to Japan with him and go back to his place lol XD I feel that the relationship developed too fast, which makes it seem a little unrealistic.

Edited by Mollfie

I'd argue that he'd need to become more faceted as an actor before being any good in a Bebop movie. Spike's character doesn't really come off as "confused exasperation" in the original show; nor does it appear, upon closer inspection, to be "confused exasperation, and also high."

Confused exasperation and also high lol, that just made my day XD Who knows, he may surprise us all and turn out to be actually good, you never know.

If a guy walked towards me naked, holding a gun I wouldn't try to find him to get my passport back, and I certainly wouldn't then go back to Japan with him and go back to his place lol XD I feel that the relationship developed too fast, which makes it seem a little unrealistic.
But Akira is just so dreamy~ wouldn't you want him to take you away back to japan? :0edenoftheeast117.jpg but I get what you mean.

Oh also, I haven't been watching FMA cos I never watched the first series. But my friend just showed me this

You don't need to have any knowledge of the first series to see the second one anyway, it's not a continuation by any means. They're just starting from the beginning and actually following the manga this time.

Not that the first series wasn't awesome though.

A lot of series split off from the story-lines and change it up a bit, I think the first FMA was still awesome even with the changes. =D

Oh also, I haven't been watching FMA cos I never watched the first series. But my friend just showed me this

You need to watch FMA. It's awesome. I'm going to start reading the manga soon (AXB provided me a link to read the manga online but I haven't gotten a chance to read it yet).

Anyone who is reading/watching Gintama? I have seen some jokes from the anime and i found it pretty funny.

Is it worth watching?

I think it's worth watching, and the group that fansubs it, Rumbel, provides explanations for some of the humor viewers might not get.

Wow, Gabz! I never knew you had it in you!

But all joking aside, speaking of movies, I'm really looking forward to seeing the 4th Keroro Gunso movie. I'm not sure if it's still playing in Japanese theaters or not though. I'm betting it'll be out on DVD later in the year.

Edit: Nevermind. I got my answer in regards to my question about Mollfie's avatar.

Edited by Kevin

Huh? My avatar did what now Kevin?

I need to watch more Sgt Frog >.> I was watching it but got sidetracked. I've got loads of Uni work to do now so animu has to take a backseat for a while.

Huh? My avatar did what now Kevin?

I need to watch more Sgt Frog >.> I was watching it but got sidetracked. I've got loads of Uni work to do now so animu has to take a backseat for a while.

I'm sorry for the confusion. My original post asked who was in your avatar, but I got my answer in the avatar topic.

I'd like to watch Doraemon: The New Record of Nobita: Spaceblazer unless it hasn't been on DVD yet. I thought the previous movie, Doraemon: Nobita and the Green Giant Legend 2008 was pretty good.

Oh lookie lookie! A review of the second Gurren Lagann movie!

Er, I don't know what to expect. I don't even know if that review is positive or negative. Damn. .3. Besides, I'm sure by now the first movie has already been released on DVD. Why has noone subbed it yeeeet?

Bullet Speed Subs subbed it. Just finished watching it, and even though most of it was reused animation, it was pretty great. Pretty much all of the filler was cut (so most of the reused footage consisted of hotblooded manly mecha action), and the new/redone scenes were amazing (especially the epicness at the end of the movie. I had goosebumps throughout the whole battle).

Also,

Nia panty shot and ALMOST visible Yoko nipples. Gainax, you tease!

Edited by gunthetra

So I'm going to watch AIR again this weekend; I make it so that I watch the entire anime periodically. I find myself appreciating it more and more with each repeating viewing, though I have to rely on fansubs for the AIR in Summer special since I never bought the fourth DVD.

I am going to watch AIR for the first time around this week or early next week, it looks really good so I am excited for it.

I was digging through my anime and I sat down and watched FLCL and you know what? I didn't like it... I know that sounds SO controversial to the majority of you that love it but... what's all the hype about? I love anime that is random and makes no sense but this one just.... gave me a migraine. =( It made me sad.

Bullet Speed Subs subbed it. Just finished watching it, and even though most of it was reused animation, it was pretty great. Pretty much all of the filler was cut (so most of the reused footage consisted of hotblooded manly mecha action), and the new/redone scenes were amazing (especially the epicness at the end of the movie. I had goosebumps throughout the whole battle).

Also,

Nia panty shot and ALMOST visible Yoko nipples. Gainax, you tease!

That sounds really good~! >w< I'm downloading it right now, but it's pretty damn huge. Hopefully I will be able to watch it soon, and I'll note down my opinion here. :3

I was digging through my anime and I sat down and watched FLCL and you know what? I didn't like it... I know that sounds SO controversial to the majority of you that love it but... what's all the hype about? I love anime that is random and makes no sense but this one just.... gave me a migraine. =( It made me sad.

No worries, Eileanach. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes. I think both Naruto and Dragonball are two very overrated series, yet they're very popular.

Again, time for another controversial opinion, buuuuut...

I just started watching Gurren-Lagann two days ago, and I'm seriously not very impressed by it so far. I'm at episode nine now, and I'll admit it picked up a bit with episode 8, but everything before then I found almost mind-numbingly dull. There seems to be little character development so far (

even for Kamina, who was killed off so early

) and things to this point have just seemed very shallow and events have happened 'just because' or for an extreme plot convenience.

I'm gonna stick with it of course, since I'm already 1/3 of the way through, I just hope it gets better. For all the hype surrounding the series, I was expecting at least something mildly enjoyable, but if it weren't for having heard that things pick up at episode eight coupled with the fact I rarely drop a series (especially a short one) once I start it, I'd have been hard-pushed to even watch as far as I have. The early episodes just seemed that dull, to me.

Edited by Mahzes

^ =o but but but there's boobs!

lol I do think that's why a lot of 'fans' love it, simply because of Yoko. Buuuut that's not the only reason I like it >.> I love it cos it's awesome lol X3

Plus you should love it Mahzes cos it's got a sexy boy who's half naked!

That's right, Simon!! lol XD

I'm supposed to be doing Uni work so I'll report back later to expand! I'm getting the evil eye >.>

Edited by Mollfie

Kamina actually annoys me a lot. Which is odd, because I went into the show expecting for him to be my favourite character, because I knew he was 'the over the top one'. But he seems really arrogant, big-headed and stupid. D=

Instead I don't really like any of them that much. D=

Edited by Mahzes

Oh but Kevin, Dragonball and Naruto ARE overrated! There is just so much fighting over and over I can cope with and those two shows have got like over 100 episodes of that.

I especially agree on Dragonball (Z).

Seriously the original was quite enjoyable and funny but then they lost me. Widely overrated. Too many episodes as well. Not to mention reruns.

Edited by Vasco