Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

Does no one here read manga >_>

Naruto, One Piece, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles (only to laugh at the total crap is the story), FMA and Soul Eater.

I could say i read more manga than anime.

I read Excel Saga and a couple of others.

I am usually too lazy to read a manga unless I watch the anime and think it was ground breaking then I will sit down and read the manga to compare differences. Generally I am not big on manga as I prefer books with little to no pictures.

Does no one here read manga >_>

Oh loads! Tokyo Mew Mew, +Anima (NEEDS AN ANIME NAOW! D:<), Azumanga Daioh, Death Note...Lately I don't really feel like reading manga much though.

What I'm currently waiting for is the second Gurren Lagann movie which shown in Japan 2 days after my birthday! I really just want to see those new SimonxNia moments. XP

Oh loads! Tokyo Mew Mew, +Anima (NEEDS AN ANIME NAOW! D:<), Azumanga Daioh, Death Note...Lately I don't really feel like reading manga much though.

What I'm currently waiting for is the second Gurren Lagann movie which shown in Japan 2 days after my birthday! I really just want to see those new SimonxNia moments. XP

oooh does that mean you've seen the first one O,O?

oooh does that mean you've seen the first one O,O?

No.

But the first movie will be released on DVD this April, I think the 22nd or summat. The sooner that DVD is released, the sooner someone can finally rip the movie, sub it and put it online! :3

No.

But the first movie will be released on DVD this April, I think the 22nd or summat. The sooner that DVD is released, the sooner someone can finally rip the movie, sub it and put it online! :3

Heh I checked right after I posted, I thought it was a glimmer of hope the sub had come out already XD oh why did they take such a looong time to come out on DVD D: tis a shame we won't get the second till probably 2010 D:

I love anime and manga. I am a frequent reader of Bleach and Naruto(which is getting better btw). I am a huge fan of Afro Samurai, Boondocks(it counts as an anime), Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebob, Fullmetal Alchemist(who isn't), and many more. I can't really pick out a favorite.

Just started watching Evangelion. It's odd, pretty different from the stuff I usually watch. But I like it, thus far at least. I've heard to watch out for its ending, but I don't see how it could be worse than Soul Eater's.

So for no real reason I just looked at the contents in the FlCl box set I got last year, and I realized that one of the postcards that comes with the set can be sent to Synch-Point and then they'll give me a t-shirt

Being a buyfag is pretty sweet sometimes. :o

Just started watching Evangelion. It's odd, pretty different from the stuff I usually watch. But I like it, thus far at least. I've heard to watch out for its ending, but I don't see how it could be worse than Soul Eater's.

I found the first ending to the anime to be good. Pretty abstract, and I felt like killing puppies at several points in those last episodes, but it is not nearly as bad as people say. It actually gave me a good feeling.

The End of Evangelion movie, though it had more action, was a less satisfying ending for me.

EDIT: FUCK! Talk about suckage! I thought I was going to get free merchandise.

Why didn't I look at that card when I first got the set last January? T__T

Edited by The Damn Cat

But I like it, thus far at least. I've heard to watch out for its ending, but I don't see how it could be worse than Soul Eater's.

People who bitch about NGE's ending usually do so because it leaves the final events (and arguably the entire show) up to the interpretation of the viewer, and it doesn't really wrap up the events of the show. I actually had to watch the last three episodes a few times to form an opinion of the ending. Of course, then EoE was made as a big fuck you more thorough conclusion for those who did complain, so what have you.

Edited by Tornado

Well, I enjoyed Toradora!'s ending quite a lot (hooray for no damn resets), but I did felt it was a bit rushed. I would love for an extra OVA to cover what's been going on in each of the characters' lives, as well as dwell further on the bond between Ryuuji and Taiga, kinda like how Toei did it with Kanon Kazehana.

Edited by Jake

I've read the manga. At first, I loved it for how it parodied the shonen genre and its typical training arcs by making it into a slice-of-life kind of comedy, but then it transformed into a typical shonen action story, and that's where I felt KHR! started becoming less and less entertaining. While I liked the Varia arc (even though it did follow the golden rule of "nobody dies in a shonen"), I didn't really bother with reading the Future arc, and I quit there and moved onto something else.

By the way, thanks to the power of censorship, from what I've seen the anime and manga are different in one regard: in the manga, Reborn uses actual bullets against Tsuna to bring out his Dying Will. The bullet actually stays inside Tsuna until he coughs it up. I imagine at this point, his body is full of those bullets.

Edited by Jake

Might I ask what is so great about Dragon Ball Z? I enjoyed the original Dragon Ball when I was a kid but it's extreeeeemely overhyped.

In one national channel here, my non-internet source for Anime (I don't watch a lot anyway) they canceled an ongoing series of subbed episodes of One Piece to play... yet another boring DBZ. They already had one episode, now they have 2 for DBZ (which is now on its 324923047203th rerun - actual statistics!) and no One Piece. If they wanted to go for classics they should picked something good, like Samurai X.

Oh well, thank God for watching them online instead.

Edited by Vasco

Taiga left to patch relations with her own parents. She was gone for about a year before returning to Ryuuji; I would presume they've at least kept in touch during that period.

I love anime. My favorites are Afro Samurai (you gotta love Samuel Jackson), Bleach, Death Note, Full Metal Alchemist, Lucky Star (the first episode is a bit boring, but the other episodes are quite funny), Azumanga Daioh (I read the manga when I was in 5th grade and loved it, and then years later I watched the anime), and One Piece (the Japanese version only, I HATE 4Kids) I want to read the mangas of Death Note and Full Metal Alchemist (I've heard from a lot of people that the FMA manga is better than the anime), but my mom might not be too happy if I constantly bought the issues from the book store, so does anyone know where I can read them online? Thanks.

P.S. I haven't read too much manga, but my favorites are Azumanga Daioh and Klonoa (I've read English translations on the internet of the Klonoa manga, it's hilarious).

I agree with you Emma, watching the original non-dubbed One Piece is far better. I specially enjoy Luffy's original voice acting.

Lucky Star (the first episode is a bit boring, but the other episodes are quite funny)

If this is so, then I will definitely rewatch it soon. I love the characters, animation and overall cuteness, but that first episode really put me off, much like FLCL. >.>

However if it is true that episodes after that one are much better (I saw the Haruhi part on Youtube and it made me giggle with joy) then yesh, I will try and force myself to watch episode 2 and the rest. Whee. X3

^ wtf no! Watch FLCL it's awesome T__T

I looooove Lucky Star it's the only anime I've watched so many times that I know it nearly off by heart >.> Though it's not's really side splitting giggles, it's my kind of humour so I love it.

Edited by Mollfie

If this is so, then I will definitely rewatch it soon. I love the characters, animation and overall cuteness, but that first episode really put me off, much like FLCL. >.>

However if it is true that episodes after that one are much better (I saw the Haruhi part on Youtube and it made me giggle with joy) then yesh, I will try and force myself to watch episode 2 and the rest. Whee. X3

Yeah you have to rewatch Lucky Star, I was really unsure after watching the first episode but I persisted in watching the second and I was hooked. Like Mollfie said it isn't Laugh Out Loud funny but it's a subtle form of humour which plays on fan service and the characters are just so darn cute >_<

Lucky Star is an anime for anime fans, there's lots of references to other anime, old anime, games and such, as well as not a lot happening because it's about girls at highschool doing what girls at highschool do best. Which is sit around talking about silly things lol

I lurve it <333

Edited by Mollfie