Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

That would be pretty damn awesome if they did, because I actually preferred the Funimation version over the original Japanese one, for some strange reason. Still, I watched the first episode subbed by Shinsen, and I have to say it was kickass.

It would most likely air on Adult Swim, I mean where else could a good series like that go?

It would most likely air on Adult Swim, I mean where else could a good series like that go?

Wouldn't get my hopes up, considering how fail adult swim has been recently.

Part of me doubts FMA Brotherhood will be on Adult Swim, but who knows?

Doesn't Funimation have their own channel?

Part of me doubts FMA Brotherhood will be on Adult Swim, but who knows?

Doesn't Funimation have their own channel?

It's not widely distributed. I know for a fact it isn't available in Massachusetts, that's for sure.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

I've finished Koihime Shoushi and I really liked it, it was way to short for me though T__T I think the could have made it a short series/trilogy

I'm now reading Speed Grapher and it's really good.

I can't wait for Fma2's dub, I wonder if everyone will reprise their old role.

Yup yup, wouldn't be the same without Vic.

Edited by CreamyBagel

Yup yup, wouldn't be the same without Vic.

True, it seems they're the type of characters who must always have the same voice actors, heck they did it for the Japanese dub, although I'm a bit worried, the voice actor for Al has grown up and I'm sure his voice has changed somewhat D:

Wouldn't get my hopes up, considering how fail adult swim has been recently.

They still show the original show, so I wouldn't be surprised.

This suddenly turned into the FMA topic or something?

Not that it's a bad thing I suppose, but being in the UK I don't have to worry about it being aired on TV becouse it won't be. Even if it was, I probably still won't watch it, since the advertisements inbetween annoy me to extreme rage. So I don't mind waiting for a dub DVD to show up or just import a JAP one. Since I don't like watching shows on a computer, it just doesn't seem right to me.

I'm trying to learn the language anyway, so a jap DVD isn't such a bad idea to me.

Anybody seen any other Anime worth mentioning that isn't FMA?

I've been meaning to watch some new anime actually, apart from fma I have yet to check out the other new anime releases, anyone got some new anime they would recommend, thing is I like to watch new series more than old ones, cos I'll have to catch up :/

Does no one here read manga >_>

I tried on the first couple of pages to talk about the Naruto and Bleach Manga but it got posted right through.

Don't just stand there looking so down, of course we read Manga, or at least I do. :nod:

Although I find it very rare to read a Manga that hasn't been adapted to an Anime, Yotsuba&! is the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

There's probably more then that though. :shrug:

@SP: I didn't watch any new anime from this season yet, but since you like robots and stuff, why not try that new Mazinger Z?

Does no one here read manga >_>

Just Yotsuba. :/

Ooooh yus Mazinger Z that sounds promising I'll look that up, Thanks C:

As for manga I read a fair few that haven't been adapted to anime, Fairy tail is one I read but I need to catch up on that, um Change 1 2 3, Kamen Rider Spirits, I would say Ga-Rei but does that count considering it got a prequel anime series :/

As for manga with a series, I read One Piece on a regular basis C:

Edited by SP the Shrew

Anybody seen any other Anime worth mentioning that isn't FMA?

I ordered the first Haruhi Suzumiya DVD, but it isn't here yet. The show appears to be pretty good.

I don't usually read manga cause I don't have the money to buy it. Each volume is pretty pricey and I don't think I could handle not getting the volumes in order (in case I can't find a certain one, lol)

I remember reading a little bit of one called Dramacon once in the WHSmith manga section, kind of wish I'd bought it now though.

^ I get sent manga to review, buy it from Waterstones, Borders or Amazon. I find that WH Smiths rarely has the manga I want or they'll have the 1st one or two and then not bother getting the rest T__T Waterstones has that habit too though.

Uhuh I review anime, manga and figurines. I get sent manga, and anime from time to time, so it's free! Which makes it all the more fun to read lol XD

I don't mind paying for manga because books are expensive anyway, and so is art. Manga and all comic books are really writing and art, so it's both? If that makes sense...yeah. I'm happy to pay for it because Manga artists don't get paid much anyway, same as I'm always happy to buy books because the writer only gets a very small percentage of the price of each book.

I guess I don't buy books/manga often because I suffer withdrawral symptoms when I can't afford the next in a series lol

Aww but it's only like...£8/$11 a book, and if you've started reading it late then you can take as long as you like to catch up, and if they're being released as they go then you can have a waiting period between books to save for the next one n__n