Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

I heard about Efron wanting to play Light, but it just doesn't seem to work in my head. That guy is just to.... happy. I really don't see him playing a serious psychopathic role.

The only U.S Anime film adaptation that I'm worried about is the Cowboy Bebop film with Keanu Reeves as Spike.

I heard about Efron wanting to play Light, but it just doesn't seem to work in my head. That guy is just to.... happy. I really don't see him playing a serious psychopathic role.
lol YES.

Efron is okay. I think he has capable acting ability, but he's trying to surpass his Disney and musical label. Which is possible. Look at Shia LaBeouf.

Also, from what I've seen so far this season, Eden Of The East is probably the best show so far. It's been really compelling, great sense of intrigue and whoa the OP is by Oasis.

I think I've heard of this anime before, read about it in NEO a few months back. It does sound pretty interesting. Wait..Oasis does the OP? Woah, finally something different for a change. No repetitive J-Pop or J-rock! :3

also it has penis

=D <3

As for this new live action Death Note, I will have to agree it's totally unneccesary since we already have two live action movies and it would probably turn out rubbish anyway. But I have to agree with Remz (ReMolly =P) that Zac Efron looks quite a bit like Light. Hmmm. :0

And to knuxthechao, who said that Zac wouldn't fit the role right...

do you know Robert Pattinson? He's best known as that stupid Edward Cullen from Twilight. However his most recent role is in a movie about Salvador Dali, and he's actually the main character, Dali himself! Is he good as the surreal artist? Well I've only seen the trailer and some clips, but he acts and looks the role pretty well!

So yeah, don't judge an actor by his er..role in just one certain movie. ;D

I don't get the "generic j-pop/j-rock is bad, especially for anime OPs" thing lol XD they tend to use bands that are popular in Japan, or artists who are up and coming in Japan, so they'll be j-pop/j-rock by default. I don't get it! lol it's the same as how in the US they'd use generic pop/rock for the opening/ending of a US cartoon.

I understand if people don't like Japanese pop/rock cos that a matter of personal taste, and some of it is awful the same as alot of western pop/rock is awful lol. I'm sure that there are people in Japan who hate the openings to US cartoons because it's "generic western pop/rock" lol

I don't get the "generic j-pop/j-rock is bad, especially for anime OPs" thing lol XD they tend to use bands that are popular in Japan, or artists who are up and coming in Japan, so they'll be j-pop/j-rock by default. I don't get it! lol it's the same as how in the US they'd use generic pop/rock for the opening/ending of a US cartoon.

I understand if people don't like Japanese pop/rock cos that a matter of personal taste, and some of it is awful the same as alot of western pop/rock is awful lol. I'm sure that there are people in Japan who hate the openings to US cartoons because it's "generic western pop/rock" lol

Yeah, yeah I get you, but the reason I'm recommending this show isn't because of the OP, it's because it's awesome! I've downloaded a heap of the shows this season, and most of them are pretty average at best (Yeah, I don't like K-On. ) Eden of The East is a clear standout. Fantastic production values, the art is really really good, and it's written by Kenji Kamiyama of Stand Alone Complex fame, and it's the first show since Gurren Lagann (and I guess Code Geass R2, but that was so I could laugh at the bromance trainwreck) I've been COMPELLED to follow. Every episode leaves me wanting more.

The movie references are cool too, even if some of them seem a little old for the 24 year old living in 2010 japan to have seem, but if he really, really liked films that much he probably would've got them on DVD or something.

Whatever, can't recommend this enough!!!!!!!!

ze-kira.jpg

Holy cow that's scary, watch out America, ZACK EFRON HAS A DEATH NOTE AND HE'S NOT AFRAID TO USE IT. lulz XDDD

If they do get the DN rights, I just hope that Paramount or a company OTHER THEN FOX gets a hold of it.

Most adaptions of animes and shows just suck, Well, the Avatar the last airbender movie might be different, and tranceformers was pretty cool, but DragonBall Evolution was just terrible.

Oh yeah, did you guys hear about the CowBoy Bebop movie being made?

Article: http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/07/22/fox...n-feature-film/

LOL, the Matrix guy playing Spike? this should be interesting. XD

Now that we already know Zac Effron is Light, who do you think the rest of the cast are? Hopefully, we don't get HSM within DN if they hired more people from the musical.

Anyways, possible cast:

Misa = Miley Cyrus, Reese Witherspoon, or Vanessa Hudgens

L(a toughie) = Johnny Depp

Well, all I can think up for now. Though need to know who and how many chars are coming into play in the plot.

I know this comment wasn't directed towards me but I'll reply to it anyway~ ^^;

It's not that I don't like J-Pop/J-Rock completely. Hell there's quite a few anime OP and ED songs I really enjoy such as Boken Desho Desho, Ichariba Ohana and Koi Wa a La Mode (from Haruhi Suzumiya, Stitch! and Tokyo Mew Mew respectively). It's just that..alot of them sound repetitive and samey, and they get old pretty fast. 8[ That's why I always welcome something new for a change, such as this with Oasis and all.

The only U.S Anime film adaptation that I'm worried about is the Cowboy Bebop film with Keanu Reeves as Spike.

I don't think Keanu Reeves is such a bad decision for Spike. He has a sort of Spike look to him anyway (well I think so :D) all he needs is a little afro and he's good to go. I'm wondering who they'll get to play Faye and if they'll dye her hair purple.

Edited by CreamyBagel

^ Plus Reeves likes Bebop so hopefully he'll be good as the part because he likes the characters and wouldn't want to slaughter them.

I just got finished watching the 4th episode of FMA: Brotherhood, and holy shit, that was incredible! The way the episode was handled was so well done and very emotional.

Edited by Kevin

Make sure you use spoiler tags when talking about FMA 2, I'm waiting for the dub. XD

Reeves was pretty good in The Day The Earth Stood Still, (Even though that movie sucked) I haven't really seen much of Cowboy bebop, but my bros are super fans so I know a little about it.

I don't really mind the choice for him as Spike, I am worried however, that it could turn into a Dragonball Evolution cause FOX is doing it.

I'm starting to watch K-ON now. It looks pretty good, and I got some laughs out of it, so I'll keep an eye on this series.

And Trixie, why not watch the subbed version of FMA: Brotherhood from Funianimation's site? It's going to be while before the dub comes out.

Edited by Kevin

Keanu Reaves has never shown the charisma required to play Spike. he's too boring, nowhere near cool enough.

He has a sort of Spike look to him anyway (well I think so :D) all he needs is a little afro and he's good to go.

I'd argue that he'd need to become more faceted as an actor before being any good in a Bebop movie. Spike's character doesn't really come off as "confused exasperation" in the original show; nor does it appear, upon closer inspection, to be "confused exasperation, and also high."

Edited by Tornado

And Trixie, why not watch the subbed version of FMA: Brotherhood from Funianimation's site? It's going to be while before the dub comes out.

Because I'm a Vic Mignogna fan, and it's not really the same as the dub in my opinion, although the girl who does Ed seems very awesome, I just like Vic a bit more. XD

Edited by Trixie The Fox

Yeah, I just got into Cowboy Bebop recently, and Spike is fucking awesome. There's no way Keanu Reeves, most boring actor ever, could pull off Spike. It's just not in him.

Other than the upcoming movie, I'm also kinda pissed that Miramax or whatever is remaking Monster. Monster is brilliant shit (though not as much as 20th Century Boys), and I can just imagine all the dumb changes they're going to make. Tenma's going to be white, all references to the Nazi party will be eliminated, Lunge is going to be an embittered war veteran who has a sadistic streak, etc...

Make sure you use spoiler tags when talking about FMA 2, I'm waiting for the dub. XD

Eh, nothing's really happened so far that didn't happen in the original series, anyway. Save for the first episode, which was an original plot anyway.

FMA 2 MEGATON

Al is a soul bound to a suit of armor!!! he has no body!!! Ed has an automail arm and leg!!!

and @ Mollfie- the Matrix happened, I guess. silly stoner isn't exactly spike either though. D8

^ probably, as a teenager/early 20s he was ok, he was in a few comedies and I really liked him. Then suddenly he decided to be all serious and intense. Booooring.

I recommend Speed Grapher for anyone wanting something actiony, I havn't seen the anime but the manga based on the anime is really good.

I just watched the first episode of Eden of the East and it's...ok. I think it might need the three episode test. I got bored about half way through >.> I love the end credits though! I found the opening very generic sci-fi/action/boy anime styled music, it doesn't sound particularly Oasis. I can understand other people liking it but I can think of lots of more catchy, attention grabbing, memorable openings. I also don't really like the style, I find the people to look sort of...not quite anime but not quite western? I'm not sure how to explain it. Plus the girl's eyes scare me slightly, they're a little too piercing O__O

I just watched the second episode and it was a little better, still doesn't really grab me but you never know.

Edited by Mollfie

I just looked at some pictures of Eden of the East to see what the animation looks like out of curiousity. And I think it looks really sweet actually! ^^ It reminds me a little of Satoshi Kon's anime movies. He makes anime look like it's not the "Big Eyes" anime style we're oh so used to, but then it's not Western style either.

I find it unique and a nice change of the usual "Big Eyes" we do see in alot of anime. ;3

I don't think there's anything wrong with the animation style, I just think the girl's eyes are weird and I'm not sure why.

Big eyed anime is actually a pretty recent trend, in older anime they had smaller eyes. But even so not all anime has big eyed characters, alot doesn't actually.

Oh also, I haven't been watching FMA cos I never watched the first series. But my friend just showed me this

fma2_4_20.png

His face is wonky O-o

Edited by Mollfie

His face is wonky O-o
there was a colouring flaw a few episodes ago too (Ed's ARM OF STEEL was fleshy) Oh BONES!

Also this FMA is a reboot ie. it's doing over everything that happened in the first series. So whilst I want to recommend it to people, I imagine newbies will still be a little confused, as it's rushing over the start of the first one. Hmm ah well.

and @ Eden of the East- I like the style personally, but maybe that's because I am the ANTI MOE~ I love scifi/action/dude anime!

also the big eyes thing however has been around since the 50s, Osamu Tezuka days. And IMO that's pretty old...