Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

Not sure if it's been mentioned but I love Yu Yu Hakusho. I have seen every episode of the series, and it is very good. The difference between this anime and Dragonball Z is that it actually had more emotional build up and the battles didn't take 5 episodes for one fight, except for the Sensui episodes which I of course do not mind for the cool thing that happens to Yusuke as that saga comes to a close.

Mid way.

Closer to the end half then the beginning half though.

I read *somewhere* (I think it was OPM) that the movie took place between episode 21 and 22.

Oh man, YYH. I fell in love with that show as soon as it premiered on Adult Swim. Anyone else have a softspot for the corny opening and its dub?

I just started reading Fruits Basket about a week ago, and I've got to say I love the series. I'm only on book twelve, but I love the story so far. By far I've got to say I like Momiji the most. I like his hyperactive personality, how he talks German from time to time, and you gotta love the first time the reader found out his Zodiac animal. Plus the little horror story that he tells in volume nine I believe, was just finny as hell.

Does anyone know if the anime series is as good as the manga?

Since the Fruits Basket anime ends like 1/4th into the manga's storyline, I'd say not by a long shot.

Anime has the worst "ending" ever.

Oh I find Fruits Basket so boooring! I liked it for ages, stopped reading for a while and now I just can't get back into it. I got up to 10 or 11 of the manga I think. I hate Tohru T__T she's so boring.

Oh I find Fruits Basket so boooring! I liked it for ages, stopped reading for a while and now I just can't get back into it. I got up to 10 or 11 of the manga I think. I hate Tohru T__T she's so boring.
They're all really boring. I can't stand that series. Though I always found yuki as a rat adorable.

I like cute things <=3

Ahh the Megaman anime, I was psyched when it was first announced, sorta miffed when it was battle network I was hoping for an the original megaman after reading manga about him, but I sorta got sucked into it when it was shown on jetix here in the uk XD I wish I continued watching it, but I never caught it oddly and I can't be arsed to catch up now.

They made an original series anime, but I'd advise not watching it. It was fail, in an fashion not seen until:

fail-dvd-rewinder.jpg

Jakey I need to agree with you. I did not like the ending on the Fruits Basket anime at all. I mean I love it as far as an anime goes but it really did come up short.

The manga was better.

Jakey I need to agree with you. I did not like the ending on the Fruits Basket anime at all. I mean I love it as far as an anime goes but it really did come up short.

The manga was better.

I remember being really caught up into the anime and enjoying it tremendously. The ending (or lack thereof) was very off-putting, and I actually wondered out loud, "That's it!?" I need to read the manga sometime; I've heard about some of the changes made later on in the storyline's run, but I can probably bear through it.

They made an original series anime, but I'd advise not watching it. It was fail, in an fashion not seen until:

fail-dvd-rewinder.jpg

There was an original series anime outside that one educational OVA? I think you've got it confused with the western cartoon, that was kinda fail.

Edit: And for the sake of the epic lulz and WTF...

ze-kira.jpg

On the left, Light Yagami, on the right, Zac Efron. I kid you not. And here's the kicker...

Death Note has been optioned for a live-action Hollywood remake. A 2007 article in The Star (Malaysia) states that more than ten film companies in the United States expressed interest in creating a remake.[6] Vertigo Entertainment is currently set to develop an American Death Note remake. Zac Efron is rumored to play Light Yagami as he has shown intrest in the role and said he was in a upcoming anime/manga adaption , However he may of been speaking about the rumored Full Metal Panic movie which he also rumored to star in.
Edited by Soma Cruz

I'm somewhat annoyed with Hollywood's rather odd need to make bad anime movies. Who do they think goes to see them?

Idiots, perhaps?

Though, at least we'd get a lead who actually looks like the damn character. Besides, you can't make an action movie out of Death Note (besides the occasional sequence), and it would be rated mature. The guys making it would have to do something really special to screw it up. They'd be better off following the source material closely.

Besides, Zac Efron renacting the potato chips scene would at least be entertaining.

Edited by Soma Cruz

Say want you want about Efron, but he does look like Light, lol.

Also, from what I've seen so far this season, Eden Of The East is probably the best show so far. It's been really compelling, great sense of intrigue and whoa the OP is by Oasis.

Highly recommended! also it has penis

Oh, god. I forgot about that goddamned Death Note US remake. Why?!

The original Japanese movies were epic (I probably just about prefer them to the other versions, due to the fact I found the Near and Mello arc annoying, boring and uneccesary). Let's just hope they don't pull a Dragonball Evolution on us.

Like Soma said, they'd have to try pretty hard to screw it up, to be honest. Let's just hope they don't. Although I still don't see the point in making it, anyway. The original movies have been both subbed and dubbed, so why?

Light's a douche and so is Efron, I think it works >.> lol

Why another live-action version? Why does the US have to kill perfectly good Japanese/Korean films? Oh wait...cos stupid people will pay money for it. Most anime fans in the community are appauled though XD

My friend's been watching Eden of the East, and it sounds really good. But now you've said Oasis did the OP I'm put off. I hate Oasis they're so bad >__<

Edited by Mollfie

My friend's been watching Eden of the East, and it sounds really good. But now you've said Oasis did the OP I'm put off. I hate Oasis they're so bad >__<
Oh yeah, because the generic J-Pop we get with every other show is AWESOME.

I'd advise you to watch it anyway, it's refreshing. I've been waiting for an original (ie. not an adaption) anime since Gurren Lagann, and Eden of the East fits the bill, the characters so far are endearing, the plot engrossing, and PERFECT ENGLISH voice acting in a japanese show!!!

I'd say more about the plot but like, they haven't really revealed much about it, naked amnesiac wakes up, has huge bank account, power to due whatever through a mobile phone... so good! Production I.G back in form!

lol I never said I liked J-POP I just said I hate Oasis cos I personally think they're bad. *shrug*

I'll get round to it sometime when I'm not busy watching/reading other things etc n__n

An American live action DN? I give them points for casting an actor that looks like Light even if it has to be Zac Effron. Hopefully, they use the same CGI effects for Ryuk. Though I doubt the overall product would be good.

^ yeah I will admit that Efron looks like Light...which is weird. I hope Ryuk looks good. But yeah, I agree that overall it'll probably be rubbish.

The manga was better.

Eileanach, I agree with you about the ending to Fruits Basket. When I first saw it I thought "That's it?". It was rushed in my opinion.