Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

1 hour ago, AdventChild said:
  Hide contents

Dat Croagunk. Like duuude!

Not only Croagunk. when Looker knocked out Charon the words out of my mouth at that moment was oh sh**.

• Thumbs Up 1

I KNEW IT! Of course they were gonna finish off Sinnoh with the Stark Mountain plot. But that ending seemed pretty abrupt.

Still, can't wait for Unova next!

5 hours ago, Dejimon11 said:

Not gonna lie this is actually an awesome promo art 

CxC_wVoUUAAJm6B.jpg

Agreed. Had this been the first poster we got, I think people wouldn't have been as upset. it really feels like they should have waited til later to reveal Sun & Moon's anime since the later trailers and poster did a much better job of showcasing things than the initial reveals did.

New 3 minute Sun and Moon anime trailer, I think, showing off Mimikyuu (and Meowth getting screwed up by it), Rotom Pokedex and more!

• Thumbs Up 1

It's also confirmed Ash get's Rowlet.

Popplio belongs to Lana.

Litten has no trainer, someone might get it through.

No idea who's gonna get Rockruff, through it might belong to Kukui

• Thumbs Up 1

A heads up that the first two episodes will be getting sneak preview airings internationally like the XY anime did.

In the UK, they're airing on CITV at noon on Sunday November 20th. The channel's also airing the Volcanion movie the day before.

I also could've sworn I saw a report saying the sneak peek was airing in France too, but I can't remember where.

• Thumbs Up 4

7 hours ago, Dantemustdie00 said:

It's also confirmed Ash get's Rowlet.

Popplio belongs to Lana.

Litten has no trainer, someone might get it through.

No idea who's gonna get Rockruff, through it might belong to Kukui

If i were to take a wild guess Litten will belong to Ash since every time we see Litten in the promos it's always antagonizing him. 

2 hours ago, Dejimon11 said:

If i were to take a wild guess Litten will belong to Ash since every time we see Litten in the promos it's always antagonizing him. 

I could see them doing a Diamond and Pearl parallel in that regard: Ash eventually getting the fire type starter that had made a few reoccurring appearances before then.

23 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

A heads up that the first two episodes will be getting sneak preview airings internationally like the XY anime did.

In the UK, they're airing on CITV at noon on Sunday November 20th. The channel's also airing the Volcanion movie the day before.

I also could've sworn I saw a report saying the sneak peek was airing in France too, but I can't remember where.

Awesome, but can't November 20th come any sooner? I can't wait to hear Ash's new friends English voices.

On 13 November 2016 at 7:37 AM, Fusion Ellipsis said:

Did anyone see the ending song for the sun/moon anime?

Ded.

Pull a Z...and throw your ball.

Come on - it's time - to go - do the Ash Ketchum!

Agreed. Had this been the first poster we got, I think people wouldn't have been as upset. it really feels like they should have waited til later to reveal Sun & Moon's anime since the later trailers and poster did a much better job of showcasing things than the initial reveals did.

Truthfully it was probably better they were honest straight up about the goofiness this series would have rather than enraging everyone with the hype train like XY(Z) relentlessly did.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, E-122-Psi said:

Pull a Z...and throw your ball.

Come on - it's time - to go - do the Ash Ketchum!

Truthfully it was probably better they were honest straight up about the goofiness this series would have rather than enraging everyone with the hype train like XY(Z) relentlessly did.

Take a step...and then ya trip.

Let's do the Ash Ketchum! All together now!

Honestly, you're probably right. I still don't like that first poster, but at least they did get the goofiness known and then somewhat clarified that there would still be action and tension at points. I'm fine with the silliest of antics as long as there's some conflict and competence to counterbalance it. Give us a mix, not just one or the other.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think a recurring problem with the anime is that the writers keep deciding to shift from one extreme to the other rather than making a compromise, hence we get stuff like Ash and Team Rocket in either super serious badass mode or moronic comic relief mode. Once they think a concept doesn't sell they drop it like dead weight and go a complete 180 next time round, rather than just trying to figure out what went wrong with it.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, E-122-Psi said:

I think a recurring problem with the anime is that the writers keep deciding to shift from one extreme to the other rather than making a compromise, hence we get stuff like Ash and Team Rocket in either super serious badass mode or moronic comic relief mode. Once they think a concept doesn't sell they drop it like dead weight and go a complete 180 next time round, rather than just trying to figure out what went wrong with it.

Gee, that sure sounds familiar, doesn't it? Sounds like another company and series that our fanbase is very familiar with.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Waveshocker Sigma said:

Gee, that sure sounds familiar, doesn't it? Sounds like another company and series that our fanbase is very familiar with.

Why, after 25 years of consistency I have no idea what you're talking about. :P

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/13/2016 at 7:03 AM, AdventChild said:

New 3 minute Sun and Moon anime trailer, I think, showing off Mimikyuu (and Meowth getting screwed up by it), Rotom Pokedex and more!

Ok, I have to come out say this: Mimikyuu looks really strange in the anime, and dare I say disturbing, Meowth being possessed even more so. Aside from that, I'm warning up to the overall animation style of Sun and Moon. 

9 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Ok, I have to come out say this: Mimikyuu looks really strange in the anime, and dare I say disturbing, Meowth being possessed even more so. Aside from that, I'm warning up to the overall animation style of Sun and Moon. 

Mimikyu is disturbing, period, and it always has been. The anime is just doing a good job of actually showing it instead of flaunting that fake sap story they tried to push before.

I won't say anything more on that on account of spoilers.

Spoiler

I saw the first two episodes of the Sun and Moon anime and it's looking pretty good so far! 

The animation and design is kinda Ghibli studio-ish, and that suits the current situation the show is taking,(an island, school. Etc..)

Some of the expressions made me laugh, and the characters are lively! From the looks of things, Lillie is startled at some Pokemon lol.

As for the school setting, it seems okay, earlier on i wasn't sure how that was going to work in the anime, and there was a bit of it, for now, I'd wait and see more of it and see how it is...

Also when Ash first used the Z move ( not sure what it is, but it's not Catastropika) the crystal broke. Looks like the z crystals are gonna work different in the games?

Anyway, looking forward to more!

That OPENING THOUGH

WHOA

I love the serious parts with this animation, it gives me a Trigger kinda feel.

Also I'm a big fan of when they do that... Thing. You know, the thing? When they have two characters do the same thing and it flashes between the two, like when Ash and Pikachu were punching. I LOVE that.

Can't wait to watch the episodes, but I need to catch up on XY first.

EDIT: English dubbed trailer here!

It decided to go for a serious movie trailer tone which I thought was weird, but it still looks awesome.

• Thumbs Up 2

The show is now airing on Disney XD in America.

Keep in mind that this show has been on Cartoon Network since the very first season and recently CN has essentially treated it like crap so they pretty much had a fallout. They dun fucked up now.