Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

21 minutes ago, QuantumEdge said:

I can't help but think that was thanks to the negative reaction.  Considering Serena's stark contrast in popularity, I wouldn't be too surprised if we see her in the next series. 

I always got the impression that Serena was a mixed bag due to shipping wars(and her role as the rival character in the game was really wasn't well received). But yeah I understand the other two not coming back I just think that it was a missed opportunity that May and Max didn't appear since ORAS and non of Ash's older Pokemon made an appearance it's been 10 years since we last saw his Squirtle.

Watching the finale and all I could do was mentally list all of the potential ways in which the English dubbers could screw it up.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Dejimon11 said:

I always got the impression that Serena was a mixed bag due to shipping wars(and her role as the rival character in the game was really wasn't well received). But yeah I understand the other two not coming back I just think that it was a missed opportunity that May and Max didn't appear since ORAS and non of Ash's older Pokemon made an appearance it's been 10 years since we last saw his Squirtle.

Well XY was admittedly a series completely disinterested in acknowledging the past, more so than BW which ironically was supposed to be a subtle reboot, but since Sun & Moon is technically the 20th anniversary series perhaps this means we'll get a few more shout outs than usual?  After all, the games are having a bunch of all stars appear, so there's reason to suggest the anime will do the same in some capacity.

11 hours ago, Dejimon11 said:

We all thought that Iris and Cilan would come back for XY but they didn't. You never know what to expect from this show. 

I never thought even for a second that they were coming back. Don't pull that "We all" stuff on me. XD

The negative reception of those two along with Best Wishes in general pretty much guaranteed that they weren't showing up. Not to mention that with the League and the Team Flare arc going on, there just wasn't time.

But who knows? One of them might show up for the second XY Special.

Finally saw the finale.

Good way of wrapping everything up and sending off all the Kalos characters. I especially liked seeing the Pokemon saying their farewells. But I really wish Talonflame, Hawlucha, and Noivern got proper sendoffs, even though we all know what's gonna become of them. And although I'm not really into shipping, I thought that kiss was pretty cute. At least the writers gave that subplot some sort of payoff. *looks at Kalos League*

All in all, I think XY was definitely one of the stronger series in the Pokemon anime. Fights were pretty fluid, the characters were memorable and likable, and this was hands-down the most (potentially) badass team Ash has had yet. Even though Sun & Moon looks to be heading into a different direction in terms of style, I hope it's enjoyable in its own right.

Spoiler

Alain can still bite me, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Todays Generations double bill see's one last story from Hoenn and the first from Sinnoh:

I'd just like to say that that is the sweetest interpretation of a Chansey I've ever seen.

23 hours ago, Dejimon11 said:

We all thought that Iris and Cilan would come back for XY but they didn't. You never know what to expect from this show. 

To be fair mate, that's Black and White anime material you're referencing, of all things.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

I'm so glad Deoxys doesn't switch between forms during in the actual fight in ORAS...

9 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Reveal hidden contents

I'd just like to say that that is the sweetest interpretation of a Chansey I've ever seen.

How to make this less creepy:

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Todays Generations double bill see's one last story from Hoenn and the first from Sinnoh:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm really surprised at how the writers went all out with the old chateau. Definitely a great episode days before halloween.

On October 28, 2016 at 1:27 PM, Jovahexeon Undyne Phoenix said:

To be fair mate, that's Black and White anime material you're referencing, of all things.

You say that but....guess who's back 

CwLgXooWAAkBV0r.jpg

CwKJLEvWIAAHOki.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

But of course, that helps support the idea that we certainly have NOT seen the last of Serena.

LOL, I knew Mr "Evaluation time!" had a better chance of returning than Iris.  The guy was repetitive, but at least he didn't treat Ash like a critical punching bag.

14 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

I bet they're going to go the whole episode without ever realising they both knew Ash.

And to add topping to the cake, a random person will walk with a pikachu and both will recall to themselves they remember Ash but won't say his name.

• Thumbs Up 5

4 hours ago, Pawn said:

Now for some Gen 4 action:

I don't remember this part... but then I didn't play much of Platinum...

Everything up the point where Giratina drags Cyrus happens in platinum except for Dialga and Palkia attacking Giratina . Everything after that didn't happen.

I loved this episode the ending gave me chills . It's as if they imply that Giratina killed Cyrus.

Platinum is one of my favorite games and I'm glad this since was animated .

10 minutes ago, Ice Vec said:

Speaking of ending...I don't understand the voice that speaking through the headset...

It's Cyrus telling Saturn not to look for him. then Giratina let's a cry out before we hear the communicator get crushed.

One last trailer before showtime

The CIlan/Clemont episode was really enjoyable, despite the hatred it's nice to see BW get some recognition before we moved on

• Thumbs Up 1