Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

So I watched Volcanion and the Mechanical Marvel on a whim and I....really enjoyed it?? Admittedly, I haven't watched most of the more recent movies, but the ones I did watch didn't really leave much of an impression one way or the other. But this one, jeez. This is just a taste of what it did to me. And that just covers reactions to the first 30 minutes. So yeah, long story short, it was a fun time, and also it took a ridiculous amount of time to get through it because I had to pause a lot either to relay my feelings to friends and/or the internet at large, or just to cope with whatever shenanigans this movie threw at me.

One relatively minor thing I want to call attention to is Team Rocket; they didn't really have much screen time, but the role they did play (especially Meowth during the climax) was more substantial than what usually happens with them in these movies.

I'm actually pretty excited for what the Alola saga movies are gonna be like, though I was already thinking it'd be worth checking out for the animation.

Also, love this shot from near the very end--I don't know why, just something about it...

Spoiler

CxydshSVIAEz1bp.jpg

The thing I loved most about the movie

is that they pulled off a pretty epic climax without going too overboard. We didn't get a final showdown involving a clusterfuck of legendaries brought in just for the sake of the movie, what we got instead was a simpler round-up of all the best things the main cast had to offer at that point. Ash-Greninja being used, and even Squishy getting in on the action, was just really cool to see, and it truly made it feel like one last hurrah to the XY gang on the big screen (spiritually that is).

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/18/2016 at 11:26 AM, Radiant Hero Ike said:

3gwjg1o.jpg

Guys.

GUYS.

THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS EVER.

G U Y S

I'm so excited to see where this is going, especially plot-wise!

I'm not gonna lie, that was one of the best if not the best animated sequences in the whole anime!

17 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

I only have one gripe with the SM dub, and I'd like to direct you to the pure embodiment of what it is:

IMG_7735.PNG

I point to Lillie, because she sounds an awful lot like somebody else we know, but I can't quite put my finger-

IMG_7736.PNG

She's Bonnie. It's the same voice actress, and after spending three years of hearing her as such, I caught it right off the bat, because it's way too similar.

TPCi, I really, really wish you'd expand your talent pool a bit.

And it's not even just in this series, we have the same guy playing James, Meowth AND Professor Oak for Christ's sake! And yes, it is obvious. Painfully so.

I completely agree with you in regards to TOFi expanding their talent pool! I noticed the similarities right away as well and it really hurts the dub in general. 

• Thumbs Up 1

To be honest I thought that Lillie sounded like Serena more than Bonnie

• Thumbs Up 1

Caught the sneak peek.  Turns out there was nothing to fear really.  Characters are solid, the art style isn't too big a change and I love how much more peppy Ash is this time.  Plus, continuity nod.  Take that XY! :P  So far, so good.  It's got my attention.

Pokemon Generations 14

Jesus Christ, this took to a dark turn of events in a matter of minutes. I thought the pokemon chateau was dark enough, but this takes the cake among the ice.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Spoiler

Saw episodes 3 and 4. Mimikyu is literally metal sonic, with a deep hatred for Pikachu. It's caught with a Luxury Ball. Wonder how James had that?

Episode 4 was even cuter, Rowlet trying to fit in with the Pikpek nest, it's too cute!!! The Rotom Dex is also a dork. I hope all of this isn't messed up in the English version!

Highlights of Sun/Moon episode 5!

Spoiler

Lana was quite the star here, she and her Poppilio making bubbles. Apparently, she taught the gang how to fish.

Lillie is wearing a suit so that no Pokemon would land on her when they came out of the water. And she nearly catches a Milotic.

Rowlet doesn't give a damn about the water, or when it's caught by Team Rocket. And yet it's still so cute hnnbgbghhd.

It was funny and boggling at the same time when Bewear ran on water to catch Team Rocket. They should catch the thing at this point!

And these expressions are getting wackier each episode holy shiz.

Just saw episode 5 not so long ago. The flashback on how Poppillo and Lana first met was very cute and sad for how Team Skull treated it badly because they could do whatever the heck they wanted. But at least it left a nice soft spot for how Lana cared for Poppillo.

Lillie in a spacesuit was a bit out of random itself since both anime and Sun/Moon games are very different for how she reacts to pokemon, but I guess it'll be covered among her fear of pokemon in a future episode, which i'm wanting to know why she is scared of them in the first place.

While Team Rocket's usual net captures is old enough to be done, the idea of using Pikachu's electricity and use it against the captured pokemon within the net was kinda new to me, so that was alright.

I'm not sure on this yet, but Lana blushing heavily on when the twins mentioned about ash being her "boyfriend?" had me chuckle, yet it can't surpass among the Ash and Serena shipping (I want it to live on). I'm going to wait for an english sub or dub to see if they did say.

Lastly, I'm confused for how Bewear can dash that fast on water yet knowing where Team Rocket was.

Verdict on the episode, it was quite well. It has moments, yet I still liked it much.

episode 5,

Spoiler

I know the Skull grunts "bullying" Popplio is supposed to be terrible, but after seeing a lot of other anime trainers physically abusing the Pokemons, it was a little funny to see them gently tossing sand and hopping behind it instead of actually harming the pokemon.

4 hours ago, Ernest-Panda-Baring-Gifts said:

New Generations:

Reveal hidden contents

Oh hey Hilbert.

I'm so glad that they recreated the 'Absofusion' scene from Black/White 2. It's the one thing I hoped would make it into Generations, since I was kinda getting sick of Kyurem just 'unlocking' his Black & White forms at will in the main anime.

Spoiler

And seeing Hilbert with Zekrom at the end was just icing on the cake. (Especially since I personally played as Hilbert in White, and Hilda in Black.)

Probably my favourite episode of Generations so far. Guess all that's left now is Kalos...

Episode 6 thoughts.

Spoiler

Lol Ash you screwed up Kukui's house.

Lol Sophocles is scared of the dark.

Togedemaru really likes Pikachu.

And HOLY SHIZ JESSIE'S FACE

Alolan Persian looks waaaaaaay better in the anime.

Now pretty obvious Ash is getting Litten along with Rowlet, but I do hope their isn't a repeat of Sinnoh in which one of them has a terrible losing streak later on.

21 hours ago, Dantemustdie00 said:

Alolan Persian looks waaaaaaay better in the anime.

...I think it looks worse. Its head looks a hell of a lot bigger and its body so scrawny in comparison.

• Thumbs Up 1

Generations is finally available in Japanese. All they've done is change the voices, not any of the text or logos.

21 hours ago, Dantemustdie00 said:

Now pretty obvious Ash is getting Litten along with Rowlet, but I do hope their isn't a repeat of Sinnoh in which one of them has a terrible losing streak later on.

I strongly agree with this. I never understood why that happened. 

9 hours ago, Ernest-Panda-Baring-Gifts said:

Generations is finally available in Japanese. All they've done is change the voices, not any of the text or logos.

Ah I figured this was a Space Dandy situation and they were just waiting.

On 12/9/2016 at 10:28 PM, Candy Cane Kahuna said:

There's a new Generations episode, but I can't see it cause it's not available for me. 

Spoiler

Lysandre = The Steve Jobs of the Pokeverse. And Diantha and some team Flare crap.

WE GOT OUR HO-OH MOVIE.

Looks like it could be a retelling of the series over a single film. Sign me up.

For those that are unsure of how such a film would be like, think of Dragonball's Path to Power. Could be the same concept.

51ZX4E119YL.jpg (333×475)

• Thumbs Up 3