Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

If this is suppose to be a retelling of the Indigo League, I wonder if they will touch upon major events like Mewtwo Strikes Back. Also there could be a chance where they can retcon events like in Pokemon Origins where Red had a Mega Charizard X. Or maybe they can change events for the better like giving Ash a chance to actually win the League for once.

Also the trailer, HOLY CRAP THAT LOOKS BEAUTIFUL! THE ART, THE MUSIC, (props for using the original Japanese theme at the end) IT LOOKS AMAZING!

I wonder if they will use the US  Theme song (or even better, the Dance Remix version that they used in The First Movie's, 2000's and the 3rd's teaser trailers) for when it is officially released here.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yep, perfect movie to release the Ash Pikachu into the games.

It's way too early for a proper Sun & Moon movie, we'll likely have to wait next year for Marshadow.

• Thumbs Up 6

45 minutes ago, -Robin- said:

tumblr_inline_ogkrsoIxgj1qca3gi_500.jpg

Now I have to question if this was just a coincidence or not, lol

I don't get the context for that.  

3 hours ago, Celestia said:

Here's the teaser.

Reveal hidden contents

Mother of god...that artwork looks amazing! They get bonus points for playing the original Japanese opening too! From the teaser, it looks like they're going to re-tell the Indigo League story which I wouldn't mind seeing at all!

tumblr_oi7cyz7QnJ1r8sc3ro1_1280.jpg

Here's the full version of that key art.

Thank you Pokemon Company for preemptively making 2017 good.

• Thumbs Up 3

I can see a few things happening.

- the first 30 minutes is the retelling of Ash getting Pikachu, seeing Ho-Oh, meeting Misty and Battling Brock 

- the movie then takes place somewhere in between his Kanto journey and he meets Ho-Oh again ( untold story obviously)

- We might finally get to see Ash's papa

Ok after thinking about this since this a love letter to fans who stuck around for the show or moved on back in the beginning there's only one thing I want to see: If older characters are returning I want Veronica Taylor and the older voice actors to reprise their roles just for this one time thing. Digimon Adventure Tri and the latest Yugioh movie are doing it so why not? Of course this won't happen because TPCI are cheapass and won't even bother letting us get the original Japanese soundtrack and give us generic music.

I WAS HOPING FOR A MOVIE THAT'D ACKNOWELEDGE THE ANIME'S 20th BUT I DIDN'T THINK THEY'D ACTUALLY DO IT I'M SO DAMN HAPPY

Wow, here I was thinking we'd be getting some big epic scale adventure with the Ultra Beasts, but instead it's simply one big nostalgia train.  That'll do just fine and dandy for me, yessir.

Now someone get Veronica Taylor, Eric Stuart and Rachel Lillis on the phone, for god's sake.  It really wouldn't kill TPCI if they brought them back.  Just.  This.  Once.

Well, considering that both Veronica Taylor and Rachael Lillis are in Los Angeles now (the main Pokemon anime dub is usually recorded in New York) and Eric Stuart is only really doing occasional reprisals since he's mostly retired from voice acting, unless they get a group called NYAV Post to handle the dub (a studio that records in both New York and Los Angeles), it's not very likely.

No litten Capture in today's episode, but I like their building it up tho. 

Litten is pretty much gathering food for a very old Stoutland which is likely it's guardian figure, Litten even has a dream about the Stoutland supposively dying I believe, likely doesn't want to be alone.

But next episode will definately be very interesting

4 hours ago, Ruby Mistletoe Dwibs said:

Well, considering that both Veronica Taylor and Rachael Lillis are in Los Angeles now (the main Pokemon anime dub is usually recorded in New York) and Eric Stuart is only really doing occasional reprisals since he's mostly retired from voice acting, unless they get a group called NYAV Post to handle the dub (a studio that records in both New York and Los Angeles), it's not very likely.

It's not too unlikely, given that we have Origins and Generations using LA-based voice actors.

And even if not, Veronica at least has made it clear many times that she'd jump at the chance to voice Ash again.

5 hours ago, Ruby Mistletoe Dwibs said:

Despite that I'm sure if TPCI wanted to get them for this one time thing they can through other methods. 

Tons of the original cast returned to voicing the dub anyway, just not reprising their original roles (I'm pretty sure Dan Green, Mike Pollock and Rachel Lillis all done recent roles, while Maddie Blaustein did a one time character in DP before her death).

Getting the actors seems less the problem, and more TPCI's insistence on keeping consistency (which they broke anyway). Though in fairness 4Kids worked on the same method. Eric Stuart and Maddie Blaustein were replacement voices for James and Meowth themselves and when their original actors from the first few episodes returned they weren't allowed to reprise them.

Ted Lewis as Giovanni was the one exception, since his intended TPCI replacement left shortly after he was rehired, so they likely considered his original actor the best substitute direction.

Episode 7 was very cute, Litten learning from Stoutland to get stronger was very nice. I think they're gonna save Litten for a later episode. Now for episode 8...

Spoiler

Lillie was so cute and funny with the faces and screaming. 

I was not expecting to see Lusamine and Gladeon so early, albeit in a family photo. 

Also, LITTLE GLADEON SO CUTE! 

Rowlet was also cute in this episode.

I honestly thought Team Skull was gonna invade the house and take the egg. 

Also OMG the egg will hatch into an Alolan Vulpix, can't wait for that!

I saw the sneak peek for episode 9 as well-

Spoiler

Ol' Hala is here to make you holler! I wonder what's he doing here?!

Also, a totem Gumshoos and Raticate, along with other Pokemon like it. I think this episode will reflect Iilma's island trial?

Okay, I'll bite.  Is the original version really that big of deal?  It's these kinds of edits that feel almost pointless.  I'm not trying to open up any can of worms debate here, but merely trying to put things into perspective.

Exactly how I feel.

Especially considering I've seen American-made kids media where characters are held prisoner in that manner.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Ernest-Panda-Baring-Gifts said:

I'm not very up to date with the dub episodes but I've just found out about this:

IMG_8030.JPG

O8JnKz.jpg

Hahahahaha oh it get's worse the scene where Ash and Greninja were screaming in pain was changed to look unconscious 

C0S66abUAAAm3He.jpg

C0S7BBwUAAAcE3O.jpg

And here's Greninja's

C0S7DdNUUAAw89B.jpg

C0S7GSNUcAAs3Jg.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

Lusamine and Gladion confirmed for the anime.

C0RdEIvWIAQT6B4.jpg:large

The reason for Lillie's Pokemon Touching Phobia is still unknown, all that's given is that when she and her mother went on a trip somewhere, something happened to them both, Lillie doesn't even remember what happened.

But yeah, we can assumed Lusamine "Snapped" in this universe as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Dantemustdie00 said:

Lusamine and Gladion confirmed for the anime.

C0RdEIvWIAQT6B4.jpg:large

The reason for Lillie's Pokemon Touching Phobia is still unknown, all that's given is that when she and her mother went on a trip somewhere, something happened to them both, Lillie doesn't even remember what happened.

But yeah, we can assumed Lusamine "Snapped" in this universe as well.

As utterly adorable as that is, I really hope they're planning to do SuMo's story some real justice here.  There's so much potential to mine from it and expand further with the anime.  Considering their heightened ambition with Team Flare, I have a good feeling about it.  This could be a mere inkling of a really good tale.

• Thumbs Up 1