Awoo.

This Week On PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale: Free Avatars, Oh Kratos... you continue to goof.

Badnik Mechanic

For me, it's less the actual changes in his design (removed fingerless gloves, tattoos, underbelly fur color added to the palms, etc.) and it's more so just the actual style of the Mutant games. They are ugly and strange looking in comparison to the older games.

I just really think his design in Twinsanity was the perfect up to the resolution while still staying true to the character.

Crash.jpg

If you applied the same changes that I mentioned earlier (the missing gloves and tattoos, etc) to this model it wouldn't look anywhere near as jarring.

Edited by Chooch

So was nothing new announced at the TGS panel that was held today?

Christ. It's really hard to even get excited when it doesn't seem like the publishers or the developers themselves are excited about making this. The only place I've seen actively talk about this game is GAF, and even that is sort of only a vocal minority.

Here's hoping for something at NYCC since judging from how low interest is right now this thing is facing even more of an uphill battle than it did when it was announced. It feels like I'm back during the last few months before the release of Anarchy Reigns all over again.

Lightning - This game really needs a Final Fantasy rep and Lightning is the most likeable

I don't get it. Are there two version of FFXIII floating around? Did you just misspell "Sazh?"

• Thumbs Up 1

The only place I've seen actively talk about this game is GAF, and even that is sort of only a vocal minority.

I would be more inclined to discuss this game if the environment for discussing it wasn't absolute fucking garbage and full of nothing but negativity.

Why discuss a game I'm looking forward to when everyone around me is actively trying to make me feel bad for looking forward to it? Seriously.

I would be more inclined to discuss this game if the environment for discussing it wasn't absolute fucking garbage and full of nothing but negativity.

Why discuss a game I'm looking forward to when everyone around me is actively trying to make me feel bad for looking forward to it? Seriously.

...Because not many people like it here (which, looking back on the topic, isn't very true at all)? Because it looks a bit disappointing to some of us? People have differing opinions on good game design? I haven't seen anybody actively trying to dissuade people from liking it. Carbo even said he felt bad about giving the game a poor review. I'm not seeing the "absolute garbage" here. By all means, speak your mind, comrade.

And for goodness' sake, "actively try to make you feel bad?" Convince us otherwise, if you're so sure of its quality. There are quite a few open ears here.

*Likely

Heh, fair enough. Sorry for the pointed joke there.

Edited by Soma

What I'm referring to is not something that is exclusive to here or anything of the sort, but really, you had to have noticed the general reaction and consensus on this game if you've been paying attention to it at all. It's filled to the brim with negativity.

From the moment the game was announced it's been the subject of constant bashing, negativity and snark. It's a lose-lose situation no matter what the developers do with it. The concept alone is just something that fanboys and the general gaming public have extreme distaste in.

It's the same conversation every single time the game is brought up. I'm basically to the point where I'm not even going to buy the game at all due to the game's reception from others. It's not like I've changed my mind on how I feel about it. I still want to buy it! Thing is, what's the point in buying what is ultimately supposed to be a multiplayer experience when you have no one to play multiplayer with?

What value is there in discussing it when you're the only one around who has anything good to say about it?

• Thumbs Up 7

I feel you Chooch, I really do.

Even though I'm neutral as a whole on this game (due to the fact that I don't have a PS3) I can easily see where you're coming from with the fan reaction de-hyping you from buying/enjoying the game. Though in the end I try not to let fan/hype backlash detract me from buying a game I know I will enjoy, it's all about being secure enough in your own views to make the judgment of the game on your own.

Edited by Soniman

I know how you feel Chooch.

I'm one of, if not the most hyped for this game here and it's really hard trying to discuss the game when everyone tries to bash it for almost no reason.

I'm not talking about SSMB since I can discuss the game here most of the times without "SSB clone, stupid game, will bomb hard, etc" like the rest of the internet. I know that the game isn't perfect and criticism is always welcome if not biased like 90% of it.

The only place I seem to be able to discuss the game is here and Neogaf, in the other places the bashing and negativity is outstanding which leaves me no other choice than not talking about it. Most of the times I only give my opinions like how to fix x thing, how they should have done that super and which character should be there to my brother since he is the only guy around that can take it seriously and reply with his opinions instead of undeserved hate.

Anyway, there should have been some reveals at TGS according to Paul Gale:

Dll5U.png

I dont understand all the backlash the game has recived. Sure it would have been nice if Superbot anounced Crash or Snake to be in or if they used a different apporach to the gameplay (Street Fighter, MvC3,ect.) but so far they nailed everything. Solid stable of first party fighers like Jak, Sir Dan, Spike, Paraper, Kratos, and Sly along side a differnet approach to the Smash gameplay and a intresting stage mash up theme. I hope the game becomes the sucess it should be and will be a day one buy for me.

So, to cheer things up why don't we post our best scores?

mvGWH.jpg

This isn't my best one anymore since I got a score of 16 some time after that.

Edited by Tmsp

So, to cheer things up why don't we post our best scores?

mvGWH.jpg

This isn't my best one anymore since I got a score of 16 some time after that.

Oh geez. For a second there, I thought you were the guy with negative five, and I felt kind of awkward.

Well, that wouldn't be a score to be very proud of. I think that the guy with the negative five disconnected when the match ended, that's why there isn't any character there.

I should hope it doesn't crash often given that it's so close to release.

When is the release date? October or November? There's still hope for Crash, I'm thinking that Activision lend the character to SuperBot use in All-Stars a little late, so they're still working him. At least that's what I'm hoping for. unsure.png

Edited by Jango

When is the release date? October or November? There's still hope for Crash, I'm thinking that Activision lend the character to SuperBot use in All-Stars a little late, so they're still working him. At least that's what I'm hoping for. unsure.png

...I meant literal crashing, as in it doesn't crash when you play it.

The game has to have entered its shipping cycle around this time, i.e. the point when the game has to be compiled, sent for certification (after successful results which the game "goes gold"), manufactured and shipped. This process, especially the certification part, takes up to a month or two, and while this cycle is in effect you can't work on the game itself further as you'll have to restart from square one. During this time developers either get moved to other projects or begin working on DLC, the latter of which is one of the more common occurrences nowadays as leftover content happens very frequently.

If there are any more characters added to the game at this point, it'll be DLC. Either Crash has had to have been in the game months prior, or he's out.

Character reveal/rival cutscene theme:

Also, the same guy has discovered quite a lot of the voice clips of the characters in the beta.

Also, the same guy has discovered quite a lot of the voice clips of the characters in the beta.

I was watching those before, some are really funny.

PaRappa has some street language going on there like he never had.

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 2

Omar on the level mash ups.

Jak's face doesn't look emotionless in his intro now.

Edited by Zone Seeker

I was watching those before, some are really funny.

PaRappa has some street language going on there like he never had.

1:37 "I'm the man with the master plan!"

Dr.-Eggman--Sonic-Colors-.png

I don't think so.

Not at all what I expected Parappa to sound like, in all honesty.