Awoo.

This Week On PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale: Free Avatars, Oh Kratos... you continue to goof.

Badnik Mechanic

Some guy that goes by EmperorLawlight in some site got his time with Clockw0rk from SB at Playstation Holiday Event, here is some new info:

- No reveals at EB Expo

- The 20 characters are unlocked right away. I think he hinted at secret characters but I'm not too sure.

- Superbot would put Old Dante over New Dante but Capcom wanted New Dante

- With Cole MacGrath, Sucker Punch wanted 2 characters.

- The playing cards will be an EU pre-order bonus for Gamestop EU. He still doesn't know if NA will get it.

- There will be a lot of content. A LOT

- There are alternate colours for alternate costumes.

- They might be adding a screen-shot mode like in SSBB. Where you can take pictures and save replays.

- The reason they haven't released any info in awhile is because of the delay. In every game they plan out the events they are going to be in and when they will give out information almost at the start of development. But since the game got delayed a month, you have like an extra month that they didn't plan to do anything. He said we are going to get a lot more info now until the game releases.

- Clockw0rk always reads the forums. He reads the official forums, GameFaqs, NeoGaf, some fighting game forums, and even this one if I remember correctly.

- The PS+ beta will be released in late October or early November.

- Trophies will be about 70% single player and 30% online. They are not done the trophies so this could change.

This one is from another interview, people thinking that you can get every character with low effort and only money should read this:

"There's never really been a game quite like this done at Sony," he says. "I don't think a lot of people know how Sony works, but each IP holder is really an island at Sony. It's not a case of if I want to use Nathan Drake in my game I can use Nathan Drake and do whatever I want to that character. The creators, Naughty Dog, have a very large say in the way that that character is treated up to and including that character's inclusion in the video game.

"If I want Drake in the game, I still have to go to Naughty Dog and the IP holders in Foster City and get permission to use the character. And they have complete, 100 percent approval on what we do with the character.

"So to be able to amass the roster that we have in the game and pull all these characters off while working with both first and third party developers ... that's never really been done at Sony before. I'm very, very proud of that."

http://www.theverge....ittle-sister-in

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 5

Some guy that goes by EmperorLawlight in some site got his time with Clockw0rk from SB at Playstation Holiday Event, here is some new info:

This one is from another interview, people thinking that you can get every character with low effort and only money should read this:

http://www.theverge....ittle-sister-in

• Thumbs Up 3

Dumb question. Are we getting a public demo/beta?

Yes, the plus beta will be later this month, so I assume that the public one will be 1 or 2 weeks before the game is out (20/21 of November).

Edited by Tmsp

Sorry for double posting, but there is a new intreview that you guys should watch. Lots of new information.

Also, I would like to quote this from the intreview about Crash Bandicoot:

''We at Superbot want Crash, we know fans want Crash but it takes two to tango and it isn't free.''

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thank God they finally said something about Crash, I'm guessing Activision wanted too much money for him or something.

- "The 20 characters are unlocked right away. I think he hinted at secret characters but I'm not too sure."

Well If that's true, hope we get some good characters that might be unlockable and aren't DLC.

Imagine paying 5.99 for Crash or Cloud.....

Edited by Zone Seeker

People start to think that the first 2 DLC characters will be added as a free patch in Christmas time in order to tempt possible new gamers to buy the game, and if it will sell well, there would be other DLC characters for money.

Sounds nice, but a little too nice. I dunno.

Me too: Jill and Shuma for MvC3/UMvC3 were 5 bucks each, so it doesn't make much difference to me.

Paul Gale decided to leak all of his "information", apparently the characters that he was told that would be DLC are:

25th Anniversary Division:

- Cloud Strife

- Old Solid Snake

PS2 Anniversary Division:

- Wander

PSX Anniversary Division:

- Crash Bandicoot

Being considered at the time:

- Assassin's Creed rep

- Kat

http://paulgalenetwo...-battle-royale/

Don't take this as confirmations since, well... its Paul Gale.

I want to see how fans will react if this is all a lie (which probably is).

Just remember, don't take this seriously.

Edited by Tmsp

Based on this i think something changed during the develop of the game: something that maybe chagned the info about the roster. Maybe Old Snake was scrapped for Raiden (i don't hate Snake, it's just seems strange to see 2 Konami reps and from the same franchise), and the other 3 were tossed (or hopefully holded back for later DLC).

More than ever, right now i think all of us are confused, especially because it's not just Paul Gale: both Omar and Seth Killian gave numerous hints that frankly, could lead to these characters (the most famous one was the Final Fantasy one).

Maybe it's hazard to say, but the next official announcements could be the succes or the failure of this game.

PS: i give up for Spyro, but i hope Dart would be re-considered in the future. It has potential.

Edited by Teoskaven

If this is true, that means they put all the characters people actually wanted as DLC.

This is not a good thing.

If this is true, that means they put all the characters people actually wanted as DLC.

This is not a good thing.

It will still better than no characters at all.

Think of Megaman/Gambit/Venom and MvC3/UMvC3: people would have paid anything to get them, even as DLC. And they got nothig. I got nothing too (really liked and enjoyed the game thought).

I don't know. It might just be me, but it seems like evil cole and crap like that would be DLC grade characters.

Just something curious I saw today.

I was walking through the campus to buy some food at the cafeteria, and this poster called my attention:

IMG_20121010_192848.jpg

Now, where did I saw a similar logo before?

Edited by Jango

^oh lol

Saving some of the most wanted characters as DLC seems like a stab in the back but from a business perspective It would generate money; unless they're free which I doubt.

I'll get them all anyway if it holds out to be true.

Or all Paul is hurting SuperBot even more. When it comes to release and these characters aren't even planned as DLC people will get mad at them. If they do become DLC, people will get mad at the prices. Either way, I won't be really bothered since I like the 20 launch characters (except Evil Cole) enough.

• Thumbs Up 1

Update: The order in which the final characters were suppose to be revealed were Cloud and Snake at TGS because of Final Fantasy’s and Metal Gear’s 25th anniversaries being that month, followed by Wander, and ultimately, Crash Bandicoot as the #1 most requested character, pitched to SuperBot, including in my own “Write to SuperBot article“.

Well, if this ends being fake Paul will be known for a long time and not in a good way.

Edited by Tmsp

Well, if this ends being fake Paul will be known for a long time and not in a good way.

And if it is... He will DEFINITELY have a Cole up in his ass.

You want Cole? Have some Cole information:

"We knew that we wanted Cole in the game, and we actually created a design that at one point had that neutral starting point and through your actions you turned hero or turned infamous. We also had a proposal for just one Cole. We just made a choice and said we’d have the hero version. But the IP holders felt really strongly that the way that the Cole character manifests, he really is two different guys, and they felt the character would be best served as two different and they really pushed for it. That’s how we ended up with it."

http://nzgamer.com/ps3/features/1150/playstation-all-stars-developer-interview.html

Meh. I liked the first idea better; this is just Sucker Puch's way to get more profit to me.

EDIT: at NYCC, someone talked to Cl0ckwork, and he stated that DLC characters are on the way and "we (the fans)'ll be very pleased with them".

Maybe Paul Gale is not a 100% liar after all...

Edited by Teoskaven
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well DLC was obviously coming and what else can they say about how fans will feel about the characters added through it?

Meh. I liked the first idea better; this is just Sucker Puch's way to get more profit to me.

EDIT: at NYCC, someone talked to Cl0ckwork, and he stated that DLC characters are on the way and "we (the fans)'ll be very pleased with them".

Maybe Paul Gale is not a 100% liar after all...

So this DLC is obviously Good Cole.