Awoo.

The Sonic Generations Review Topic

Carbo

Nice review Dreadknux :D

That actually reminded me that school press want me to write article about NES, Mega Drive, Sonic and Mario Rivality in those times. Actually I have deadline in 3 days and I probably wont do it when I'll get the game. Better get to writting!

Oh right. I'm not 100% sure how fair that is in the grand scheme of things as it basically gives your opinion double the weighting, but cool anyway.

Why does it do that? I'm not following you. Are you saying that I would abuse my role as reviewer and use the multiple outlets thing as an opportunity to push a "this game is awsum/crap" agenda? :P

Metro Review. Was it posted yet? They scored it 7/10.

Why does it do that? I'm not following you. Are you saying that I would abuse my role as reviewer and use the multiple outlets thing as an opportunity to push a "this game is awsum/crap" agenda? tongue.png

lol I'm saying people pay more attention to the website as a whole than they do the journalist. As far aggregated scoring goes (whether it's someone browsing different sites or taking a glance at Metacritic), your score will pop up twice when everyone else's will only show once. The exact same opinion, only with different wording. Not a big deal of course, and of course you don't turn down work.

GamesRadar's review is up, and it's by their resident Sonic fan Justin Towell.

He gives it an 8/10.

http://www.gamesrada...ic-generations/

Ugh. How spoiler-filled is that one? I went to go read it and noticed screenshots and things they've taken themselves so to try and avoid spoilers I skipped to their "You'll love/you'll hate section". One of their "hates" I can't tell if it's a story spoiler or not.

Edited by Blue Blood

Ugh. How spoiler-filled is that one? I went to go read it and noticed screenshots and things they've taken themselves so to try and avoid spoilers I skipped to their "You'll love/you'll hate section". One of their "hates" I can't tell if it's a story spoiler or not.

Metro? you mean the public transport newspaper? Didn't know they even did reviews.

Also GameReactor are the third reviewer site to mention the story. I guess this really is a polarising one.

Edit: in fact, looking at that Metro review, they were really harsh on some parts, ouch!

Edited by VEDJ-F

Based on 11 reviews so far, the average score is 81%.That includes SPoNG, GamesRadar, Metro and GameReactor as well as the ones Carbo's already listed in the opening post.

EDIT: lol, and with CVG's 75% added on, that brings the average down to 80.6%. I hope it doesn't drop lower.

EDIT: Yay! Back up to 81.2% following the review Ferr has posted below.

Edited by Blue Blood

I dunno. I'm pleased with the score, especially given his treatment of Colors, but he sort of insulted us here:

I mean, if you don't like the stage, then fine, but don't be a freaking douche about it. Why do some people feel the need to convey their opinions this way? On top of that, some comments couldn't help but make me think "I suck at this game and I'm blaming the game for it", in particular his criticisms toward the classic levels.

Really, though, (and this isn't related to the game but I still feel like I should say it) my biggest problem with Jim's reviews - of anything - is that I simply don't like him. Whenever I read a review of his I just get this pretentious, douchebaggish, almost even elitist vibe from it. It has nothing to do with his treatment of Colors; I honestly just find him a despicable human being. XP

Edited by KrazyBean14

German site "GamingXP" gives Sonic Generations another 8/10.

http://www.gamingxp.com/bericht-5225-sega-sega-ps3-page6-sonic_generations.html

PRO

- Two Sonics, two Gameplaystyles

- RPG Elements

- Tons of Replayvalue

- Really enjoyable

- Challenging....

CONS

- Controls might be tricky

- Loading Screens

- ....but maybe a little bit TOO challenging

Note: GamingXP contributes to the Metascore as well.

...RPG elements? I honestly wouldn't count the equppable skills as an RPG element since so many non-RPGs do that now...

It's a pity, because the Death Egg, Silver and Metal Sonic bosses are good. Not so much the Shadow one, but… well, it's Shadow, isn't it?
Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 1

Jim Sterling seems like he was fair to the game, but manages to remind me that he's still a douche by insulting the fanbase. Oh, Jim....

Also, I think it's rather funny that he criticizes Seaside Hill, Crisis City, and Planet Wisp when (along with Sky Sanctuary) those are the stages I'm most excited to play.

Jim Sterling seems like he was fair to the game, but manages to remind me that he's still a douche by insulting the fanbase. Oh, Jim....

Also, I think it's rather funny that he criticizes Seaside Hill, Crisis City, and Planet Wisp when (along with Sky Sanctuary) those are the stages I'm most excited to play.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wtf? An 8 from Jim? I am shocked to say the least. Glad gamesradars review is positive as well

• Thumbs Up 1