Awoo.

The Sonic Generations Review Topic

Carbo

Silly Gamereactor. The Hedgehog Engine is a graphics engine. Granted its 4-5 year old technology at this point, its still a graphics engine (c'mon Sonic Team, Hedgehog Engine 2.0 for next game/generation). A fairly good one at that. Sure it ain't know Frostbite 2.0 or Cryengine 3, but it does its job well enough.

• Thumbs Up 2

Can't say I'm surprised. It is Game Informer, after all...

But what I AM surprised about is Jim Sterling giving it an 8. The apocalypse is upon up, people.

Let me sum up this review for those that don't want to click the link. The game is good until the game starts to have levels that weren't on the Mega Drive BAAAWWWW! Plus I died on the later stages because they got harder, but I'm going to blame it on the game to take away from the fact I suck at platformers.

No "BAWWWWW SHITTY FRIENDS"? Surprising.

Tearing down GI would be like mocking a retarded infant. Game Informer gave Paper Mario TTYD a 6. The magazine is a joke that represents everything wrong with modern gamers, without the redeeming qualities.

Unfortunately, it counts for metacritic. I guess we should be glad it's an average score and not awful.

Edited by Crazizzle

Who cares anyway. By now we know that we'll all love the game so who gives a flying shit if a couple of reviewers didn't dig it? At least we know it isn't a steaming pile of shit like 06 or Black Knight. From what I've seen I know I'll love it just like I loved Colors! :D

• Thumbs Up 2

Who cares anyway. By now we know that we'll all love the game so who gives a flying shit if a couple of reviewers didn't dig it? At least we know it isn't a steaming pile of shit like 06 or Black Knight. From what I've seen I know I'll love it just like I loved Colors! biggrin.png

Agreed. If you know that you like what you're seeing, then by all means go and get a copy!

Because, even it's stupid, people do take review scores seriously. To some, a certain metascore makes the difference between playing a game and passing it up as bad.

It'll be really sad if Generations gets a lower meta score than Colours. It's the better game (Even if Colours was great). It'll be even worse if the 3DS version gets a better score <_<

OXM UK put up their review. One of their complaints was the fact that Cream was in it :/

http://www.oxm.co.uk...-review/?page=2

A 7.

Good god, JUST because Cream was in? Her voice is so tolerable now!

Who cares anyway. By now we know that we'll all love the game so who gives a flying shit if a couple of reviewers didn't dig it? At least we know it isn't a steaming pile of shit like 06 or Black Knight. From what I've seen I know I'll love it just like I loved Colors! biggrin.png

offtopic: why people put 06 and Black knight in the same level? i mean '06 was a main sonic game, and black kinght an spin off, i didn't played 06, but i know it was a shity main sonic game, but SatBK was a good spin off, it have a good story, good OST and the gameplay, okey was linear but not glitchy like 06 and it was actually fun.

On topic: i don't mind low score, but lot of people do, i just want the best for sonic's games

Edited by SuperGuzzi

offtopic: why people put 06 abd Black knight in the same level? i mean '06 was a main sonic game, and black kinght an spin off, i didn't played 06, but i know it was a shity main sonic game, but SatBK was a good spin off, it have a good story, good OST and the gameplay, okey was linear but not glitchy like 06 and it was actually fun.

This is certainly not the thread to talk about this in.

When it comes to certain reviews having modern Sonic or his "shitty" friends in the game is like being crippled in a CRPG, it adds a negative modifier to the stats (review score).

OXM UK put up their review. One of their complaints was the fact that Cream was in it :/

http://www.oxm.co.uk...-review/?page=2

A 7.

Sigh....

It'll be really sad if Generations gets a lower meta score than Colours. It's the better game (Even if Colours was great). It'll be even worse if the 3DS version gets a better score dry.png

Good god, JUST because Cream was in? Her voice is so tolerable now!

Sonic on nintendo consoles have a better chance in rating due to the fact that there are not only different standards, but Nintendo exclussive reviews are not blind FPS fanboys that wont give anything that not a gritty shooter a chance. If this game out 5 years ago when the gaming public wasn't as retarded it would do much better honestly.

Anyway lets hope GI review is the last of the Bull Shit. It registered as a 68 on Meta...which isn't too troublesome. It think Worth Playing/1up/Joystiq will give it high scores too.

Edited by V0YANT

Let me sum up this review for those that don't want to click the link. The game is good until the game starts to have levels that weren't on the Mega Drive BAAAWWWW! Plus I died on the later stages because they got harder, but I'm going to blame it on the game to take away from the fact I suck at platformers.

I'd knew GameInformer or some other sites is going to mark the game down for having stages from the Dreamcast and modern eras. <_<

Graphics arent realistic so they will get 7/10. Its predictable. Gaming is only about technology nowdays. Its sad that majority of gamers are like "HOLY SHIT!!! I CAN DESTROY THAT WALL!!!!!!" in FPSs. I wonder how will my local mags review it. Avreage score for Colors was 7.8 here.