Awoo.

The Sonic Generations Review Topic

Carbo

Just found this, pretty funny.

As the hilarious as the vid was, I was busy amusing myself with the top rated comment.

Everybody just needs to chill. Stop obsessing over numbers. In my day we used to actually READ reviews. Nowadays it's all metacritic this and gamerankings that.

"OMG this game got a 0.1 higher score than that game!"

At that point the numbers really are entirely arbitrary. Can anyone one of you here quantify what 0.1% of "quality" is? A reviewer giving a game an 8.5 may as well be giving it an 8.1 or 8.9. They pluck that final digit out of thin air.

Edited by Matriculated
  • Thumbs Up 1

Everybody just needs to chill. Stop obsessing over numbers. In my day we used to actually READ reviews. Nowadays it's all metacritic this and gamerankings that.

"OMG this game got a 0.1 higher score than that game!"

At that point the numbers really are entirely arbitrary. Can anyone one of you here quantify what 0.1% of "quality" is? A reviewer giving a game an 8.5 may as well be giving it an 8.1 or 8.9. They pluck that final digit out of thin air.

In my country Reviews have direct scores such as 8.8 or 8.9/10 etc. Dont know about other countries.

Edited by HUNTER297

In my country, you don't review game. Game reviews you.

In my country, we don't have games. we're poor. And that's why I pirate games truestory.jpg

Anyway, I'm really expecting Gamespot's Review, and Sterling's. inb4

• Thumbs Up 3

In my country Reviews have direct scores such as 8.8 or 8.9/10 etc. Dont know about other countries.

That's my point; the 100 point grading system (whether it's % or decimal) is redundant.

Edited by Matriculated

Just found this, pretty funny.

Still. This comment section is absolutely nothing compared to other gaming sites.

Edited by Neon

In my country, you don't review game. Game reviews you.

Soviet Russia? But your avatar says USA

I CAN SEE THROUGH YOUR LIES!!

In my country, we don't have games. we're poor. And that's why I pirate games truestory.jpg

Anyway, I'm really expecting Gamespot's Review, and Sterling's. inb4

To me is the same!The price of the games are triple to the normal 60$!Let's not even talk about collectors editions

I'm most interested in IGN's review!I don't even want to see Gametrailer's review ,because they shown only two trailers as I can remember in their site so that's not giving me hopes for a good score from them

I'm not sure about how GameSpot perceive Generations. Besides the 9 minute playthrough they did, they haven't done a hands-on or preview since June the 9th. Seems like they don't really care.

I'm not sure about how GameSpot perceive Generations. Besides the 9 minute playthrough they did, they haven't done a hands-on or preview since June the 9th. Seems like they don't really care.

Why would they? They're too busy playing Uncharted 3 and Battlefield 3.

That video was hilarious! biggrin.png

I agree with Neon though that this is nothing compared to other sites. Anyway like i said before 85/100 is an amazing score. Let's see what other have to say about it.

*Drinks some coffee and waits for Inferno to come in*

Edited by MoDeRn frokenok3

Got a quote news tipped to me from the Empire review:

Hi my name is Edward

I got my latest issue of Empire magazine (#270, It has Mission: Impossible IV on the cover) in the post today and guess what!? As the Subject box says they have a review of Sonic Generations. They give it 4 Stars and say "Generations is a delirious race down memory lane, only let down by a moronic story that makes the movie sequences a toe-curling embarrassment.". I recommend you to pick this months Empire magazine (December 2011) and read the full review.

From Edward.

P.S. The review is on page 187.

Oh dear...

EDIT:

Oh, and don't forget that Empire rates on a 5 star system.

• Thumbs Up 1

*looks at Shadz post*

Now the game gets rated down for story in 2 reviews!!!!!!!

Freaking called it!!! You have no excuse now Colors writers. You failed 2 times! And this time with WHOLE Modern Sonic cast (excluding Omega and Big). I am officialy first person to sign "Get Happy Tree Friends out of there" petition. I hope SEGA realize its mistake.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sooo the story is what is killing this game? Haha then they should all play Battlefield 3. That story was the terrible. Luckily the multiplayer........wait wrong topic. So it's the story that's stopping this game from getting 9's? SEGA!

IMO, Apart from Unleashed, Colours and SA2 (which had a decent story at best), all the Sonic games had a 'meh' story.

Edited by KrazyBean14

For the love of God, shut up. We haven't even seen anything from the story yet aside from screenshots of the opening scene. Wait for the damn game to actually come out first before you throw a shit-fit.

I kind of agree...I mean Colours didn't have the best story in the world but it was fun, simplistic and enjoyable IMO. What I'm trying to say is that it's all about personal preference...they might not like Generations' story but YOU MIGHT!!

Edited by KrazyBean14

"Generations is a delirious race down memory lane, only let down by a moronic story that makes the movie sequences a toe-curling embarrassment.".

So apart from the story, it's brilliant? biggrin.png

Edited by Neon
  • Thumbs Up 6

Well, it's at least good to see story keeping the game back from the highest marks rather than other things for a change.

"Generations is a delirious race down memory lane, only let down by a moronic story that makes the movie sequences a toe-curling embarrassment.".

So apart from the story, it's brilliant? biggrin.png

I guess! :D

Oh dear...

If they were still allowed this is where a popcorn gif would be.

I will just say that "Moronic story" can vary depending of who you are asking, some peolpe hated the story in games like Adventure, Heroes, 06 and Unleashed (YMMV in the validity of these complaints) so maybe people are hating the script because this time we are not getting something lighthearted or simplistic as in Colours.

IIRC (most likely, I'm not) the average reviewer liked Colours story (or lack of it). the only people complaining about the script were us.

*goes back to lurking*

Edited by Octavia

*ignores idiocy*

The game got another 80%? Fuck yeah, that's brilliant!

It sure is...screw anyone who says "BAWWWWWW 8/10 is a BAD SCORE"

OK, lets be honest...who plays Sonic games for the 'diverse' and 'unique' stories?

Edited by KrazyBean14
  • Thumbs Up 1