Awoo.

Generations 3DS Chat - Oh look guys new rules (p.58)

Jimbo

Though it looks like the 3DS version will be the better of the two, if you grab the PSN or XBLA demo you'll get a grasp on how the game will feel. If you were a fan of Sonic Colors on the DS, or the Sonic Rush series,Genertions can't be more highly recommended and will take the series to new heights. Be sure to grab your white and reds and start collecting rings on November 1st.

Genertions can't be more highly recommended

Genertions

Sounds painful.

Edited by Swiss
  • Thumbs Up 8

I wonder if the reason the 3DS version is being delayed is so that the console version gets the proper recognition that it deserves. I have a feeling SEGA if perfectly aware that the 3DS version is...flawed.

I wonder if the reason the 3DS version is being delayed is so that the console version gets the proper recognition that it deserves. I have a feeling SEGA if perfectly aware that the 3DS version is...flawed.

It could also be for extra development time

It could also be for extra development time

A three week difference sounds a lot more like a separation of two releases than it does like extra dev time.

• Thumbs Up 2

Picked up the new issue of ONM today. Here's their preview of Sonic Generations 3DS. They'll have a full review in their next issue.

scan0003b.jpg

scan0008nk.jpg

onmnextmonthnovember1.jpg

onmnextmonthnovember2.jpg

If you want to archive the scans, it's Official Nintendo Magazine December 2011 Issue 75.

Technically speaking, the game looks fine, that aspect of it doesn't need any more time in my opinion. Nope, the level design just looks lazy, THAT's the real issue. And 3 weeks ain't gonna do shit to fix that, sadly.

"Official Nintendo Magazine December 2011 Issue 75"

December?! really?!

Not sure how "new" this news is, but I don't remember seeing it before so I shall post it here...

3DS StreetPass details revealed:

http://www.officialn...tails-revealed/

Sonic producer Takashi Iizuka told ONM that Sonic Generations 3DS will feature StreetPass support a few months ago and now we have details on how it will work.

ou'll be able to swap profile cards and missions via StreetPass. The mission swap sounds the most exciting.

Sonic Generations will feature 100 extra missions which can be unlocked via StreetPass.

When you do a StreetPass exchange with another player, her or she will appear in your StreetPass log Then you need to select the player's name and you'll receive a mission that the the player cleared.

There's a mission called Revenge which has you where taking out a certain number of enemies while Special Trial sees gopher-like enemies turning up in Act 1 of Mushroom Hill Zone.

These missions can also be unlocked with game coins.

Then there's the profile cards on which you can list your credentials as a Sonic fan! You can log details such as how long you've been playing the Sonic series and also list your favourite Sonic character.

It's not just about old Sonic games, though. The profile card will also record how long you've been playing the 3DS game so others can see how far you've advanced when you exchange the card via StreetPass.

Apparently your card will be updated when you perform an exchange.

• Thumbs Up 2

100 extra missions :o

That's more than the HD version? (though, we all know that they'll likely end up as very shallow missions with little effort needed to complete. Though hopefully they'll be some character vs/co-op missions in there)

Rush Adventure had 100 missions. Most of them were absolute balls. Plus you didn't have to go to annoying odds like Street Pass or Play Coins to get them.

Edited by Blue Blood

100 missions sound good, but that doesn't excuse the bad stage design. Besides, we don't even know how they will look like, maybe its just the same stuff over and over.

But I still would love to see more of the 3DS Version. The HD Version got a trailer every week, the 3DS Version got nothing. If the gameplay looks better in the last two stages, I might even get this version.

http://blogs.sega.co...oming-your-way/

SEGA’s much loved mascot Sonic the Hedgehog™ makes his way onto Nintendo 3DS for the very first time as part of the celebrations for his 20th anniversary. Speeding through many levels designed exclusively for the Nintendo system, Sonic Generations allows fans to play as both Classic and Modern Sonic across a range of iconic and memorable levels – all re-imagined for a completely new experience. Sonic Generations for Nintendo 3DS launches on November 22nd in North America and November 25th across Europe.
Edited by o T a iIi lL sS

I really hope that the 3DS version gets more love after the HD Version is released. Although the game doesn't look that good, I still wanna know all the stages and get one or two trailers or other moving footage (besides GHZ and MHZ). I don't know what it is, but something brings me back to this version all the time.

screen_03.jpg

The characters listed there are Sonic, Eggman, Tails, Amy and Super Sonic. So I guess Amy is in this version, too?

I think it's just her model, as long with many other character models, not more. I mean, she isn't even involved in the story.

It would be kind of a waste of space and work to do just that. I find it hard to imagine that from Dimps =P