Awoo.

modern demo?

jords

I've only seen the EU press release (in the spoiler), what does the American one say?

MEDIA BLAST

SONIC GENERATIONS™ CONTINUES To CELEBRATE SONIC’S 20th ANNIVERSARY WITH DEMO #2!

LONDON & SAN FRANCISCO (October 17th, 2011) – SEGA® Europe Ltd. & SEGA® America, Inc., today confirmed that a second demo is being released prior to the launch of the highly anticipated Sonic Generations game for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.

The first demo, released on June 23rd 2011 – the anniversary of Sonic’s 20th year – allowed fans to play as Classic Sonic only. Now the second demo means fans can finally play as Modern Sonic – as well as Classic Sonic again – in the stunning environments of the iconic Green Hill level from Sonic Generations™. Demo #2 for the game will be available via XBLA and PSN on 19th October for Europe.

Gamers will be able to get their hands on the full game on the 4th November when Sonic Generations™ finally hits stores for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC digital download. Sonic Generations™ PC boxed product and the Nintendo 3DS™ system will be released later in November 2011.

For more information please visit www.sonicthehedgehog.com/generations

For press assets, please visit the SEGA press site at www.sega-press.com.

About SEGA® Europe Ltd.:

SEGA® Europe Ltd. is the European Distribution arm of Tokyo, Japan-based SEGA® Corporation, and a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home. The company develops and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms including PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. SEGA Europe’s web site is located at www.sega.com

About SEGA® of America, Inc.:

SEGA® of America, Inc. is the American arm of Tokyo, Japan-based SEGA® Corporation, a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home. The company develops, publishes and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms including PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. SEGA of America’s Web site is located at www.sega.com

Nintendo 3DS is a trademark of Nintendo. ©2011 Nintendo

# # #

Well since I am on the East coast....the game should update at 5AM Tuesday...or if 5AM Wednesday

I'm so confused now...I don't know what going on....

Edited by Voyant

I've only seen the EU press release (in the spoiler), what does the American one say?

MEDIA BLAST

SONIC GENERATIONS™ CONTINUES To CELEBRATE SONIC’S 20th ANNIVERSARY WITH DEMO #2!

LONDON & SAN FRANCISCO (October 17th, 2011) – SEGA® Europe Ltd. & SEGA® America, Inc., today confirmed that a second demo is being released prior to the launch of the highly anticipated Sonic Generations game for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.

The first demo, released on June 23rd 2011 – the anniversary of Sonic’s 20th year – allowed fans to play as Classic Sonic only. Now the second demo means fans can finally play as Modern Sonic – as well as Classic Sonic again – in the stunning environments of the iconic Green Hill level from Sonic Generations™. Demo #2 for the game will be available via XBLA and PSN on 19th October for Europe.

Gamers will be able to get their hands on the full game on the 4th November when Sonic Generations™ finally hits stores for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC digital download. Sonic Generations™ PC boxed product and the Nintendo 3DS™ system will be released later in November 2011.

For more information please visit www.sonicthehedgehog.com/generations

For press assets, please visit the SEGA press site at www.sega-press.com.

About SEGA® Europe Ltd.:

SEGA® Europe Ltd. is the European Distribution arm of Tokyo, Japan-based SEGA® Corporation, and a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home. The company develops and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms including PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. SEGA Europe’s web site is located at www.sega.com

About SEGA® of America, Inc.:

SEGA® of America, Inc. is the American arm of Tokyo, Japan-based SEGA® Corporation, a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home. The company develops, publishes and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms including PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. SEGA of America’s Web site is located at www.sega.com

Nintendo 3DS is a trademark of Nintendo. ©2011 Nintendo

# # #

Not seen an American one, but they wouldn't say October 19th for the Xbox 360 version in the EU press release if it was coming October 18th in the US. Content is released worldwide on Xbox Live.

Europe: PSN and XBLA demo will be available on Oct 19th

North America: XBLA Demo will be available on Oct 19th, PSN on Oct 25th,

AMERICA, PSN, 25th

EUROPE, PSN, 19th

Looks like Sega does what American't!

t226563_America awesome face.jpg

LOL! NO!

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 9

AMERICA, PSN, 25th

EUROPE, PSN, 19th

Looks like Europe does what American't!

LOL! NO!

Fix'd?

• Thumbs Up 2

AMERICA, PSN, 25th

EUROPE, PSN, 19th

Looks like Sega does what American't!

LOL! NO!

SEGA, I'm coming for you, when you least expect it.

18th vs 19th

Place your bets now!

Edited by Voyant

So, did SEGA make the mistake or everyone else did?

18th vs 19th

Place your bets now!

If it's 18th then I'm staying up as I'm free on Tuesdays.

Edited by KrazyBean14

Like Hero of Legend said, just make a European account. I made one when the first demo came out because it wasn't showing up in the US store and I had to go out. I'm pretty sure my fake address is something like 1991 Green Hill Road.

So anyone has an idea if it's gonna be the Summer of Sonic demo or is this one gonna be the exact levels/physics we're gonna get in the final game.Knowing SEGA it will probably be the SoS demo.

So anyone has an idea if it's gonna be the Summer of Sonic demo or is this one gonna be the exact levels/physics we're gonna get in the final game.Knowing SEGA it will probably be the SoS demo.

Demos released around the time of a game's release are usually representative of the final retail build.

I kinda doubt that. I think it'll be based on a near final-if not the final build of the game. It'll probably be this:

Edited by Spider-Man Noir

Just noticed this on twitter:

Twitter_icon_normal.jpg

SEGA

@EddiBurns yes, in Europe the demo launches on Oct 18th on PSN / XBLA

1 hour ago via TweetDeck

Again, that sounds incorrect. I'd have zero complaints if it was right, but it contradicts the press release and the XBL and PSN schedules.

I wonder how big the demo will be. I hope I'll be able to fit it on my thumbdrive, I don't have my own HDD. X__X

Agh, this is getting way more complicated than it needs to be. You'd think that the Press release would be the definitive answer but I guess we'll find out tomorrow

Do you have to have a Gold account to get the demo on the 19th (like with the first demo)?

Well Adamis, Gold users get the release date as is. Silver will have to wait another week.

Though you can always make a new profile, set it up for XBL, then get free gold for a month.