Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

Princess and the Frog, Sword and the Stone, and Robin Hood world chances are now raised, which pleases me.

I honestly don't see why we can't have Pixar/Marvel/Star Wars worlds in KH3. If Disney Infinity can bring all of these worlds together, I don't see why Kingdom Hearts would be unable to do it.

I don't WANT them to use Star Wars or Marvel in Kingdom Hearts, but seeing as how they're in Disney Infinity, I really have no argument or reason as to why they shouldn't be in... damn it. :/

Pixar on the other hand I really wouldn't complain, I've always been interested in what a Toy Story or Incredibles world would bring to the table. 

Star Wars apparently has some legal stuff square would have to go through with multiple companies, on top of Disney. 

I really don't want Marvel or Star Wars as well. I like how the series are basically celebrating Disney's history by having worlds based off of old movies and whatnot. When I think of Star Wars and Marvel, I don't really think them as "Disney". Just Star Wars and Marvel, y'know? I don't feel they would fit at all, history wise.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have to wonder, before they were announced for Disney infinity, would people have been just as reluctant and uncomfortable with the idea of Star Wars and Marvel showing up there in that game?

So, out of curiosity. Opinions on Chain of Memories/Re: Chain of Memories?

I have to wonder, before they were announced for Disney infinity, would people have been just as reluctant and uncomfortable with the idea of Star Wars and Marvel showing up there in that game?

Admittedly I wasn't really fond of them even being in Disney Infinity, so I can't really say for sure. 

Nothing against Marvel or Star Wars... I actually really love the two. It's just that I don't really think of Disney whenever I see them. Maybe a bit of connection, but they're really not the first thing I think of when think Disney.

So, out of curiosity. Opinions on Chain of Memories/Re: Chain of Memories?

I've only played it on the GBA, and it was very dissapointing. The idea of having a Kingdom Hearts game on the go was very appealing to me (This was a while before 358/2 days and BBS was released... Heck I think it was before it was announced when I played it.) but the level design and the card battle system was just an overall mess. It's probably the only game I've ever ragequit on, and I never liked endings where the main character forgets every thing that happened on their quest... It just leaves an unsatisfied feeling overall.

This game did sour me on game play that bears even a slight resemblance to the card system... That's pretty much why I couldn't bring myself to get excited for Paper Mario: Sticker Star.

But I've never played the one on the Ps2... Is the gameplay any better than it was on the GBA?

• Thumbs Up 1

But I've never played the one on the Ps2... Is the gameplay any better than it was on the GBA?

Not really. Just imagine the same crappy card gameplay in 3D rather than 2D.

I never liked endings where the main character forgets every thing that happened on their quest... It just leaves an unsatisfied feeling overall.

except the events of the game unlike most games that pull memory erase that, still happened and is relevant/essential to the story. We even got a game revolving around CoM after CoM(Re:Coded). The games brought up and referenced multiple times by other characters l, and Sora will likely remember some of that crap in KH3.

Edited by KHCast

I don't care much for the erasing the memories of the game part in KH: CoM either, but as KHCast noted, it IS integral to the storyline going forward.

Not really uncomfortable with it but if it can be helped i'd still rather not have them around at all personally since (at least in marvels case) they've been pretty much everywhere in media these days to the point where i'm just sick and tired of seeing them at all.

Either one of the CoM games are probably my least liked of the system. Especially if you come off the back of KH1 and go straight in - the game essentially just playing that game again with inferior card based gameplay. 

Not to mention that card based gameplay having an steep difficulty to curve to get to grips with fully. 

Yeah, not a big fan of CoM/Re:CoM either. The only thing I see in the GBA original's favor is the script. Since they kept the Japanese mouth movements in Re:CoM and just dubbed around it, a lot of lines felt really...meh compared to the vanilla version.

Star Wars apparently has some legal stuff square would have to go through with multiple companies, on top of Disney. 

Yeah Nomura mentioned this before. If they wanted Star Wars they have to go to Lucas Films even though Star Wars is owned by Disney. Because of this it's unlikely for Star Wars and Marvel to be in KH. I don't really want them either since they're not really 'Disney.' Maybe a Baymax summon at best. To get Tangeled, Nomura had to go to the makers of that movie to get premission, which they agreed.

also, the person responsible for Disney Infinity actually wants Sora in it. If they add Sora I'm probably gonna blow all my money on it/shot.

In re guards to Re:Chain, I haven't seen too much of the original Chain but I definitely love Re:Chain. The story is very deep and interesting especially with Naminé and Riku's side of the story. I also love Repliku's role as well. I feel like it's so underrated due to the difficult gameplay. I grew to love the gameplay over time because it's such a perfect game for strategy but I understand why everyone hates it. I used to hate the game myself (especially Vexen omfg) but I grew to love the game after I really got into the story and appreciated the combat system. If anyone really hates the combat I recommend watching a Let's Play on YouTube (particularly Version2LP, Obiwan362 or GearsofDN) because the story is really amazing. One of my favorites. Yeah, in terms of Sora's memory at the end may be a tiny bit cliché, but it really works. Clichés are meant to be used. I loved the ending and it really worked for the game.

aaand I just blabbered on. Sorry. I'm Aqua in case you guys were wondering. I'm new here and a total KH nerd. ^^' I also have an account on KH13 by the same name.

While I don't like a lot of the stuff that goes on in COM when it comes to the gameplay, the Story is actually pretty good imo. The characterization is pretty good(aside from the Disney characters but they really do not matter at all in this game sadly), the plot has some pretty good twists, and it's nice to have villains show up who aren't Xehanort for once. 

But yeah I can't get into the card gameplay at all. I've only gotten through this game once and I've beaten most KH games multiple times. It's just not very fun to me. It's pretty much the only way I could see KH working on the GBA, so I can see why they went with it at least.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm trying to max level up Riku and Sora in Re:Com, but God this is so tedious! I mean probably because I find the gameplay meh, but still, I'm only 70 sora and 45 Riku.

@Aqua, well they've had to ask Disney in the past about what worlds they can use, so tangled isn't all that different. Marvel I heard was a different case from Star Wars though.

honestly, the only thing Marvel I want to see in KH3 is either Spider-Man summon, or Avengers 1 film world, just cause the battle of New York.

Edited by KHCast

Kingdom Hearts is usually the one RPG I didnt mind grinding in but with COM I just couldn't do it. Something about the battles is a thousand times more monotonous.

Honestly I think it'd be cool to have a Star Wars or Marvel themed secret boss. Darth Vader would be a fun fight.

Anyone think Data Matches, or something very similar, will return in Kingdom Hearts 3? 

Since time travel is a huge thing in the game, I'd love if we were able to fight some of the franchises most iconic bosses. Xion, Marluxia, Ansem, possessed Riku, Young Xehanort from 3D, some of the Disney bosses, etc.

or maybe mirage arena will kinda do all this.

Star Wars would be cool. I think they could do some cool things with it.

Don't really care about Marvel, though.

Disney's video game persentation is on sunday at 11 AM. That's probably when we'll hear about what they have to show

So far it's been confirmed that the Tangeled world will be called "The Kingdom of Chronos" (or whatever the hell that kingdom is called)

also, just now some fans asked questions to Bill Farmer (VA for Goofy) questions at the conference about KH and he said that it was interesting how different the voices are for Goofy in the English and Japanese versions.

Just a quick question; does anyone have an account on KH13? I'm Aqua7KH on there and I was wondering if anyone went on there.