Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

Did they think Action commands made the combat easier or something, I certainly didn't think so.

Yeah, I actually thought they made battles against certain enemies in KH2 a bit more interesting like the samurai or the meteor spikes. Kind of a shame that they're not coming back for the next numbered title but i'm pretty sure the combat will have other things to make up for the loss of it so i'm not too bothered (sides from the looks of the amount of things you can do just going off of the trailers alone this game is going to have a LOT of options).

If flowmotion in KH3 is even just half of what 3D's was, I think that will be the feature abused the most abused in the game, unless there's a limit.

So, Nomura knows when the game's releasing. Got his date planned and everything, but he just can't tell us yet.

Tetsuya Nomura, the director of the Kingdom Hearts series has revealed in the latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation magazine that they have decided upon a release date for Kingdom Hearts III but they cannot announce it yet. Nomura also states almost all of the worlds in Kingdom Hearts III will be new.

The world news has me interested. I mean Square had made that fan poll for what worlds they'd like to see return, so wonder if that will be a fan favorite returning. 

I'm honestly a bit split here. I LOVE that we're getting a focus on new content, as KH rehashes a lot. If it means higher chances for Princess and the Frog, Robin Hood and Toy Story, that's great!

However there were a couple worlds from 2/3D I was really hoping to see return and get expanded on. Port Royal probably could really benefit visually and story wise even here and not feel as cash cowed as it was in 2, Timeless River was just a beloved world by everyone and with the time travel gimmick, it could return somehow plot wise, and The Grid...well I just love the Grid and Tron Legacy and really want to see it continued somehow lol. Oh and Beasts Castle I only want to see again cause Gaston...

Oh and yes, we can put the doubt aside, Summons are returning

The world news has me interested. I mean Square had made that fan poll for what worlds they'd like to see return, so wonder if that will be a fan favorite returning. 

I'm honestly a bit split here. I LOVE that we're getting a focus on new content, as KH rehashes a lot. If it means higher chances for Princess and the Frog, Robin Hood and Toy Story, that's great!

However there were a couple worlds from 2/3D I was really hoping to see return and get expanded on. Port Royal probably could really benefit visually and story wise even here and not feel as cash cowed as it was in 2, Timeless River was just a beloved world by everyone and with the time travel gimmick, it could return somehow plot wise, and The Grid...well I just love the Grid and Tron Legacy and really want to see it continued somehow lol. Oh and Beasts Castle I only want to see again cause Gaston...

Oh and yes, we can put the doubt aside, Summons are returning

But how would they do Beast's Castle? During the credits of KH2 it showed the spell was broken and Beast was human again. What would they make him magically get cursed again for a different reason?

Don't  see why not. The power of darkness/Xehanort can do just about anything at this point. Prince turning back into the Beast due to "blah blah darkness blah blah key hearts" wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Though speaking of Beast, that reminds me that Belle is a PoH. I wonder how they'll implement all the Princesses of Heart in III. Will they just show up in one of the hub-like worlds like Radiant Garden or Disney Castle?

• 2 weeks later...

So did anyone else hear about how Dream Drop Distance was supposedly to originally end on a cliffhanger with Xehanort succeeding with his goal and Sora is part of the new Organization XIII? If this turns out true (still haven't found any sources yet) it leaves me to wonder if it will play a part in Kingdom Hearts 3.

Wonder how that scenario would play out.

October 2016 confirmed. :D

So did anyone else hear about how Dream Drop Distance was supposedly to originally end on a cliffhanger with Xehanort succeeding with his goal and Sora is part of the new Organization XIII? If this turns out true (still haven't found any sources yet) it leaves me to wonder if it will play a part in Kingdom Hearts 3.

In that scenario Sora could not be the main playable character of KH3. That's probably a major reason why they didn't go through with it. I mean, I don't think Sora will be the ONLY playable character. I'm sure at least Kairi and Riku will also be playable, but Sora is definitely the main one they're promoting again.

Still thinking 2017 honestly, but we'll see. 

And yeah, had that been the original intention, Sora couldn't be the main character for 3(at least at the beginning.) Wouldn't feel like a sequel to 1 and 2 without him, even if I prefer Riku lol.O

On a related note, can I say I'm surprised that none of the many interviews with Nomura have asked about multiple playable characters yet? After 3D, you'd think it'd be one of the first.

Wow, i knew that Nomura has a huge hate for happy endings, but this would have been ridiculous. As much as Sora annoys me as a protagonist, i would have never wanted something like this to happen.

Sora would more or less just be Vanitas 2.0 though, and since Vanitas is likely already one of the 13 darknesses, he'd feel really "clone-y" in concept.

You know I really hope Nomura alters either Roxas' or Ventus' design because it will be so headache inducing to have two characters look exactly alike with the the same voice actor. I'm saying this since pretty much Dream Drop Distance was pretty much bashing the whole "Roxas is going to be his own character." in the player's skulls.

I doubt they'll change the designs heavily. The point is for them to look similar after all, due to Sora's connection to Ven. I am definitely interested to see how they look in KH3. Aqua, Riku and Kairi I'm also looking forward to seeing all spruced up.

I doubt they'll change the designs heavily. The point is for them to look similar after all, due to Sora's connection to Ven. I am definitely interested to see how they look in KH3. Aqua, Riku and Kairi I'm also looking forward to seeing all spruced up.

Yeah I know since Nomura stated that he originally planned for Ventus to look like Sora but changed it to Roxas since he wanted Vanitas to look like Sora.

I've gotta ask, is there a reason Kingdom Hearts X/Unchained decided to re-use worlds instead of use new ones? Even if they just used one or two new ones.

Disney has confirmed that Kingdom Hearts 3 will be at the D23 Expo 2015 in America.

Disney has confirmed via the D23 EXPO website that Kingdom Hearts III will appear at D23 EXPO 2015. The D23 Expo in America will take place in Anaheim, California. Kingdom Hearts will be in Hall D23 on Sunday, August 16 at 11 a.m. USA Pacific Daylight Time (USA PDT). With this event, Square Enix will bring special guests and surprises to Hall D23 with new information to be revealed about Kingdom Hearts III. If you're interested in D23 EXPO 2015 tickets, you can read the details about ticket prices and more below.

Now that Kingdom Hearts III is confirmed for D23 Expo in America, have your thoughts regarding Kingdom Hearts III's development changed? What, if anything, do you hope will be revealed at the event? Let us know in the comments below!

Read more: http://kh13.com/news/kingdom-hearts-iii-confirmed-to-appear-at-d23-expo-2015-in-america#ixzz3fsJRhktt

• Thumbs Up 3

This news combined with the surprise presentation at E3 has me thinking this game is farther along than any of us thought it was. I'm glad. 2016-2017 is when I'm thinking it'll release. Can't wait to finally be able to play this.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've gotta ask, is there a reason Kingdom Hearts X/Unchained decided to re-use worlds instead of use new ones? Even if they just used one or two new ones.

There's plot reasons for it. Won't say much for now, but it has a lot to do with the Book of Prophecies. KHX's plot has a few curveballs. 

Edited by Mega

This news combined with the surprise presentation at E3 has me thinking this game is farther along than any of us thought it was. I'm glad. 2016-2017 is when I'm thinking it'll release. Can't wait to finally be able to play this.

I'm personally thinking 2016, all because it will have been 10 years after Kingdom Hearts 2

Still thinking 2017 cause i'm sure it will be a delay, but at this point, definitely not later than late 2017.

Hoping D23 gives us a trailer similar to that 7 minute long KH3D one, with a good blend of story, gameplay and world reveals. Swear if Princess and the Frog, Toy Story, Robin Hood or Star Wars don't show up I will flip a table.( Still hoping we get at least one or two returning Disney worlds outside of Hercules as well. I wanna see Timeless River, the Grid and Pirates again.:< I mean KH2 had some blatant foreshadowing going on in Port Royal. Just Sora give a costume in the world this time.)

Also, since we likely won't be getting Pride Lands or Halloween Town again, I'd love if those forms ended up being bonus outfits that had their own special abilities similar to how Lightning Returns handled outfits. Lion Form especially could be interesting to see used outside of PL's. Perhaps they could be used in the Drive Form command?

Edited by KHCast

Yessss here's hoping we get to see some new Disney worlds announced or shown off! Bet Frozen will be there.

Apparently Nomura has been wanting a Toy Story world ever since the first game. Maybe in Kingdom Hearts 3 we'll finally get it. I can image the world kind of being like the bizarre room in Wonderland but minus the madness. Sora, Donald, and Goofy would be shrunken down to the size of a toy and get either Woody or Buzz as their world partner. Heck we could get Zurg as a boss fight or maybe some freaky jack-in-the-box heartless, like the ones seen in KH2 Halloween Town except bigger and more vicious looking! Though with a Toy Story World I doubt we would get any appearance from Andy or any other humans since they would be giants so no Al from Al's Toy Farm as a villain. Who knows?

Woody & Buzz as a duo for the party member please. I mean Woody and Buzz were gonna work together as a summon in KH2, so they probably have data to work off of.

Also the concept of multiple party members per world is also a interesting idea.

Though with a Toy Story World I doubt we would get any appearance from Andy or any other humans since they would be giants so no Al from Al's Toy Farm as a villain. Who knows?

Well, we were shrunken down in Castle of Dreams where Cinderella was huge herself. Kingdom Hearts is no stranger to giant things like the titans and Ursula, so it could be possible to have a Toy Story world with Andy.

Edited by wingedarcher7