Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

Yeah that was talked about awhile ago. 

So did this issue likely arise as well with Disney Infinity?

Legal issues can be a bitch can't they?

But, if they already know where Aqua and Ventus are, then that leaves only Terra left over. So either they know what he's talking about, or they're blatantly STUPID. And I'm sure its not the later considering how much they know already.

They probably tried, and that's when they found out they couldn't do it because they still don't have full rights to it. On another note, it does prove that Star Wars worlds are on the table in the future if Disney can get the rights back to them.

You mean movies like Toy Story? Perhaps at the time Square were concerned about it and didn't want to mess with licensing issues when they had so many other materials to work with.

On another note, what returning worlds do we think WILL happen? Other than Twilight Town, Radiant Garden (c'mon, you know its going to happen), Castle Oblivion (odds are it will due to Ventus), and Olympus Colisseum? (Granted, they COULD call it Mt. Olympus, but I don't think they will.)

I'm hoping that Destiny Islands will FINALLY be a fully explorable world, and I'd also like to see at least Agrabah back. I do think we're getting very few returning worlds this time considering the statements made, so most of the worlds with resolved plotlines are likely over now (Beast's Castle, Castle of Dreams, Wonderland, Halloween Town, Enchanted Dominion, etc.). Agrabah could still come back since there's still King of Thieves that could be explored, but I doubt we'd see Atlantica (due to the undersea gameplay), Neverland (flight gameplay), or Pride Lands (do I need to even bring this up...?)

Speaking of "returning worlds" in a sense... I think we could get a new Deep Jungle, though it'd technically not be the same world. They'll probably find a new name for it as well, but a Jungle Book world I think could definitely happen.

considering how Square didn't go through with Dissidia KH style cause they were afraid of Disney rejecting the idea not realizing they had something similar in the works, yeah that wouldn't surprise me the Pixar thing.

as for returning worlds, I still personally want The Grid, Timeless River and Port Royal back the most. I've said my reasons why I'm previous posts.

Yeah that was talked about awhile ago. 

So did this issue likely arise as well with Disney Infinity?

Legal issues can be a bitch can't they?

considering how Square didn't go through with Dissidia KH style cause they were afraid of Disney rejecting the idea not realizing they had something similar in the works, yeah that wouldn't surprise me the Pixar thing.

as for returning worlds, I still personally want The Grid, Timeless River and Port Royal back the most. I've said my reasons why I'm previous posts.

Of those, Port Royal is the main one I wouldn't mind seeing. I was going to bring that up but forgot to mention it. There's a ton of material to work with, and they could make that an ocean-based world. Plus there's tons of movies to base it on. The Grid is kinda resolved as well, though it wouldn't be bad to see it back. I highly doubt we'll see Timeless River...

Well a version of Timeless River at least. Given time travels now a big thing in the franchise, it could happen. Plus, it was in the survey square gave for what worlds fans would like to see return. 

The Grid, eh. The ending to it didn't feel satisfying. Sam and Quorra leave to do...something, only for their world to fall to darkness aupposedly right after that. Idk, now that the sleeping world is awakened, perhaps they could do something with it. Use the unused Tron Legacy 2 script.

I mentioned before how my brother said the plot of Dead Men's Chest and At World's End would fit nicely in a Kingdom Hearts game since a lot of the plot centers around Davy Jones' heart. But I wonder how they would do the whole Will becoming the new captian scene since Kingdom Hearts death are kind of different. Heck in Deep Jungle Kerchek lives even though in the movie he was shot by Clayton. In Kingdom Hearts there are only a few select characters that die and stay dead. The rest pretty much get a "Get out of Jail Free" card.

Oh yeah, Barbossa won't be dead anymore lol. 

I still want to see On Stranger Tides be used as the film choice. Especially to see Sora's reaction to Barbossa's return, and Barbossa's witty remark. Lotta interesting locales as well. From The London streets /tavern to the deep thick jungles. I mean, imagine fighting Blackbeard while in the background hundreds of Spaniards, British, and pirates fight each other.

I mentioned before how my brother said the plot of Dead Men's Chest and At World's End would fit nicely in a Kingdom Hearts game since a lot of the plot centers around Davy Jones' heart. But I wonder how they would do the whole Will becoming the new captian scene since Kingdom Hearts death are kind of different. Heck in Deep Jungle Kerchek lives even though in the movie he was shot by Clayton. In Kingdom Hearts there are only a few select characters that die and stay dead. The rest pretty much get a "Get out of Jail Free" card.

That's true, but I'm sure they can work their way with it. Especially with the whole hearts issue, since the Captain's LITERAL hearts are put into a chest.

But then again, keep in mind that Clayton LITERALLY dies. Also, death in KH is not the same thing as losing your heart (though most characters just normally lose their hearts instead of actually dying).

On Stranger Tides would work as well, but it would feel off jumping straight from Curse of the Black Pearl to On Stranger Tides. Plus, Dead Man's Chest followed by At World's End could even be a repeat of KH2's second encounters in-story when returning to world's you've already "resolved" so to speak, except its literally doing one movie after another.

The open world aspect of this game would be more difficult to handle in KH, though, since you'd need to have ship segments... Maybe there will be jump points as well, where you set sail and jump to another area of the world. So a Port Royal world would just be more segmented than other worlds...

I'm sure they could come up with a way to have Jack and Barbossa's cleverly explain the events that transpired before in a quick brief way lol.

Nomura already explained how the game isn't entirely open world btw.

Edited by KHCast

I'm sure they could come up with a way to have Jack and Barbossa's cleverly explain the events that transpired before in a quick brief way lol.

Nomura already explained how the game isn't entirely open world btw.

Well, I knew it wouldn't be fully open world, I just meant how it looks much more open than in past games. It looks like instead of leaving one area to a new area, you just walk around freely between them. There will be boundaries, of course, considering how many worlds they're going to have they can't make each one so massively big, but they may be just as big as the worlds in KH2 but more free and open, without the restriction of having to "leave" a screen to go into a new area.

As far as Dead Man's Chest and At World's End goes, though, they could just as easily skip them and act like they didn't happen. It'd just be disappointing to miss out on them, especially with how well they'd tie into Kingdom Hearts considering both Davy Jones and what happens to Will.

Edited by JaidynReiman

Wonder how worlds like Castle Oblivion will transition. Going room to room, opening doors to your memories and stuff like that. 

Also gonna be interesting to see just how seamless worlds like Twilight Town/Radiant Garden will be. 

I kind of want to see Destiny Islands become a playable world again tbh

Probably had to deal with a bit more paperwork back then I guess.

Also we got a bit of an update concerning Star Wars in KH3.

Apparently getting Star Wars would be more difficult due to the fact Disney doesn't quite own the Star Wars video game rights. Square Einx would have to get permission from other companies in order to get Star Wars into Kingdom Hearts at all. Which leaves me to wonder why Disney tried putting a Star Wars world in the scrapped phone game if they didn't quite had the video game rights.

That's a shame, though I totally understand why they can't do it. Guess Marvel is still a possibility, at least anything in the MCU.

I kind of want to see Destiny Islands become a playable world again tbh

That's easily one of my most wanted worlds to see. Maybe it can be the penultimate world this time (AND SORA CAN REUNITE WITH HIS DAMN MOTHER).

• Thumbs Up 1

I always wondered what was the story with Sora's parents during Chain of Memories. If everyone connected to Sora lost their memories, then his parents must have as well, but how does that explain any pictures they might have of him, or even the spare entire bedroom full of Sora's stuff.

I think Sora's parents are pretty much only ever relevant when his mother calls him down for dinner in the first game and nothing else ever gets brought up. I can't help but be curious if they even wonder what happened.

That's easily one of my most wanted worlds to see. Maybe it can be the penultimate world this time (AND SORA CAN REUNITE WITH HIS DAMN MOTHER).

YES. God I need to see this so bad! Not only can they make Destiny Islands bigger with the addition of the town opposite the small island, but we can finally see what Sora's poor mother has been up to after all these years of worrying about her son's whereabouts. I really hope Nomura doesn't skip out on an emotional scene with Sora and his mom, cos that would be a wasted opportunity for sure.

YES. God I need to see this so bad! Not only can they make Destiny Islands bigger with the addition of the town opposite the small island, but we can finally see what Sora's poor mother has been up to after all these years of worrying about her son's whereabouts. I really hope Nomura doesn't skip out on an emotional scene with Sora and his mom, cos that would be a wasted opportunity for sure.

We can also see what she looks like!

During Riku's segment of CoM in Destiny Island, I think the parents of both Riku and Sora are brought up.

Sora's story also brings them up, when he's explaining his "lost" memories of namine.

i think destiny islands will finally be playable, but Keyblade Graveyard will undoubtably be the final world of the game. 3D kinda teased it. Though I really would love to see TWTNW again. Eh, maybe they can use assets from that world and make Shibuya lol.

During Riku's segment of CoM in Destiny Island, I think the parents of both Riku and Sora are brought up.

Sora's story also brings them up, when he's explaining his "lost" memories of namine.

i think destiny islands will finally be playable, but Keyblade Graveyard will undoubtably be the final world of the game. 3D kinda teased it. Though I really would love to see TWTNW again. Eh, maybe they can use assets from that world and make Shibuya lol.

I... doubt we'd see Shibuya. I think that The World Than Never Was is fine now, I'm not sure how much more they can expand upon it.

Honestly, though, my assumption is that the final world would be the Dark Margin or another world in the Realm of Darkness rather than the Keyblade Graveyard.

Got another video concerning worlds for KH3.

Apparently Big Hero 6 and Treasure Planet has a bigger chance of getting in KH3 than any of us realized. This is because the guy who worked on Tangled, Big Hero 6, and Treasure Planet is directly involved with Square Einx and is helping develop KH3. With Tangled already confirmed this mean these two movies could most likely be one of the many newest worlds to the Kingdom Hearts universe.

Now I know some people argue that Big Hero 6 is too recent to be in Kingdom Hearts, we'll Chicken Little was placed in KH2 despite him being recent at the time. Granted he only made it in as a summon but he still made it in the game.

I... doubt we'd see Shibuya. I think that The World Than Never Was is fine now, I'm not sure how much more they can expand upon it.

Honestly, though, my assumption is that the final world would be the Dark Margin or another world in the Realm of Darkness rather than the Keyblade Graveyard.

Amy particular reason why for both points?

I mean Sora  and Riku did make that promise to see the TWEWY cast again in 3D, and it's not like Nintendo owns the rights to them showing up outside Nintendo stuff. It'd be a unique choice, and honestly, I'll take that over a FF world at this point. 

as for Keyblade Graveyard, it's been heavily implied that's where the clash between the opposing forces will be. Added onto the fact that 3D's intro explicitly shows Sora and co. fighting Xehanort at the KG. I'm placing my chips on KG. not sure why Dark Margin/RoD would make more sense. Honestly, it seems like a 2nd to last kind of world.

Got another video concerning worlds for KH3.

Apparently Big Hero 6 and Treasure Planet has a bigger chance of getting in KH3 than any of us realized. This is because the guy who worked on Tangled, Big Hero 6, and Treasure Planet is directly involved with Square Einx and is helping develop KH3. With Tangled already confirmed this mean these two movies could most likely be one of the many newest worlds to the Kingdom Hearts universe.

Now I know some people argue that Big Hero 6 is too recent to be in Kingdom Hearts, we'll Chicken Little was placed in KH2 despite him being recent at the time. Granted he only made it in as a summon but he still made it in the game.

Chicken Little literally last second got in, and a summon was, thankfully, the bear minimum they could do. So yeah, Baymax summon is likely, BH6 world I still doubt.

Amy particular reason why for both points?

I mean Sora  and Riku did make that promise to see the TWEWY cast again in 3D, and it's not like Nintendo owns the rights to them showing up outside Nintendo stuff. It'd be a unique choice, and honestly, I'll take that over a FF world at this point. 

as for Keyblade Graveyard, it's been heavily implied that's where the clash between the opposing forces will be. Added onto the fact that 3D's intro explicitly shows Sora and co. fighting Xehanort at the KG. I'm placing my chips on KG. not sure why Dark Margin/RoD would make more sense. Honestly, it seems like a 2nd to last kind of world.

Chicken Little literally last second got in, and a summon was, thankfully, the bear minimum they could do. So yeah, Baymax summon is likely, BH6 world I still doubt.

I just have a hard time believing they'd do Shibuya specifically since its a literal real life location. I mean, I guess London does appear as part of Neverland, but they always go with specific areas. I'm not saying anything about the TWEWY cast showing up, but first, I'm just not sure they'd go with Shibuya specifically, and second, I honestly think they'd do a Final Fantasy world long before TWEWY.

As for KG... Maybe Keyblade Graveyard is where the clash will be, but at the same time, KH1 and KH2 both have original final worlds, so I feel like KH3 would do the same. Maybe during the clash, that opens up the portal to the final world which is located in the Realm of Darkness. I brought up Dark Margin because I felt like they'd find Aqua towards the end, but maybe she'll show up earlier.

Big Hero 6, because it's so recent, will probably end up in there as a Summon like when Chicken Little appeared in KH2 (uuuuugh). Probably the whole gang coming together to help you or just Hiro and Baymax.

Treasure Planet better be in it as a world though good God I need that so bad!

Treasure Planet would be sweet as a world. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Atlantis. I need to see my girl Kida in glorious HD.

I sincerely doubt they'll ever do an actual Final Fantasy world because within the KH universe, it's been established that Final Fantasy characters are all AUs, most of whom are from Radiant Garden.

And they've done real-world locations before. Cite de Cloches? Even Port Royal is loosely based on a real place. TWEWY Shibuya is very stylized, and it'd likely be the Underground, where the Reaper's Game takes place.

I sincerely doubt they'll ever do an actual Final Fantasy world because within the KH universe, it's been established that Final Fantasy characters are all AUs, most of whom are from Radiant Garden.

And they've done real-world locations before. Cite de Cloches? Even Port Royal is loosely based on a real place. TWEWY Shibuya is very stylized, and it'd likely be the Underground, where the Reaper's Game takes place.

I doubt they'd do an FF world either, I just think they'd do that long before TWEWY.