Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

yeah I know. Still is a interesting thing. I've said for awhile now, that they may be able to use time travel to their advantage in terms of worlds. Perhaps Hunchback 2 could be used.

I found it really bland and boring personally. And was never a fan of the cast chosen. One depp character is enough for kingdom hearts thank you very much lol.

Hidden Content

I found it really bland and boring personally. And was never a fan of the cast chosen. One depp character is enough for kingdom hearts thank you very much lol.

My main problem with it was them trying to hype up Depp as the Mad Hatter, when he was never really that important prior. Yeah, the movie does revolve entirely around Alice as it should, but Depp's role was promoted too heavily, and even then, his role in the final movie was bigger than it probably should've been.

So  am I the only one wondering how Sora is able to stay on Baymax without the magnet hands?

I'm wondering more what the hell is gonna happen with Hiro now that Sora is riding Baymax.

I hope he's just not gonna like sit down somewhere or something. I demand a hype Anti-Baymax boss with Hiro, Sora and Baymax just wrecking everything.

I think Hiro and Baymax's relationship and bond won't be interrupted by Sora. It was just a promotional poster.I think we'll have Hiro and Baymax action.

Edited by KHCast

I think Hiro and Baymax's relationship and bond won't be interrupted by Sora. It was just a promotional poster.I think we'll have Hiro and Baymax action.

Pretty sure this is the case, but I can't help but remember how Sora replaced Christopher Robin in the Winnie the Pooh segments from past games.

Except Hiro actually still exists in the KH version of the BH6 world. This takes place after the movie, so not sure how Baymax would have done all those events without Hiro and got remade. I don't see how sora can replace him when he's still gonna be there

Except Hiro actually still exists in the KH version of the BH6 world. This takes place after the movie, so not sure how Baymax would have done all those events without Hiro and got remade. I don't see how sora can replace him when he's still gonna be there

I know, of course Hiro is going to appear, so I don't think the same thing is going to happen this time. Its just irritating how that happened in the Hundred Acre Wood world from the past games.

To be fair how would he have worked though? Christopher wasn't a story book character. He lived in the real world and visited pooh. So in kingdom hearts, would he have been a resident of Traverse Town that visited it with Sora and hung with Merlin and then went to Radiant Garden? The role of Christopher was pretty similar to Sora, so I don't think much was lost personally.

To be fair how would he have worked though? Christopher wasn't a story book character. He lived in the real world and visited pooh. So in kingdom hearts, would he have been a resident of Traverse Town that visited it with Sora and hung with Merlin and then went to Radiant Garden? The role of Christopher was pretty similar to Sora, so I don't think much was lost personally.

That would've been interesting and cute though if Sora and Christopher Robin met and visited Pooh together. Perhaps in KH3 he'll get added if they bring back 100 Acre Wood again? Although it does make sense to me why he wasn't there in the first place. It really would've been kinda weird.

also, I just hope we get to fight with Hiro and not just Baymax. Even if it's a promotional poster, it'll be weird how it'll be in the game. It's either going to be Baymax or Hiro in the party, and they'll most likely just pick Baymax. Unless either Hiro and Baymax counts as one party member or we just get two party members other than Donald and Goofy... There's Wasabi and everyone else too. The thing though, I think the Anti-Baymax boss will take place in the air. How will they have Sora and Hiro both in the air if there's only one Baymax? I dunno, I guess they'll figure something out... An air battle makes the most sense considering they fly and it's their most important traits. Maybe Hiro will have a sort of jetboot thing or something? Then again it could just be a ground battle... We never had an actual air boss anyway other than the Phantom. 

And remember: Hiro can utilize his magnetic microbots, like he does in DIsney Infinity. Otherwise, Hiro can leave it to Sora and Baymax, as he and the other Heroes get people to safety. Remember, that's another thing that Heroes do, is protect the safety of the people.

Or Hiro can help fight and be a greater part of the team, and not get demoted like all main characters seem to get whenever sora is around. It seems so lazy and unfaithful to the content if Hiro isn't working with Baymax to fight.  the rest of the 6 heroes can do the getting people to

safety, but Hiro should be a large focus and not get sided in favor of Sora.

i also don't think the battle will be exclusively air. I think it will be a mix.

Edited by KHCast
  • Thumbs Up 2

hmm just found out about this news today

http://kh13.com/news/new-information-from-ruliweb-interview-with-tetsuya-nomura-maps-from-previous-kingdom-hearts-games-will-not-appear-in-kingdom-hearts-iii

basic summery is that other then the remix games not getting ported to ps4.it sounds like none of the "MAPS" from KH 1 or 2 "disney" worlds will show up again meaning if a disney world returns then it will have brand new maps to explore so chances are Halloween town and the pride lands won't show up again sadly.

but hey at least this means we won't see atlantica again :D

hmm just found out about this news today

http://kh13.com/news/new-information-from-ruliweb-interview-with-tetsuya-nomura-maps-from-previous-kingdom-hearts-games-will-not-appear-in-kingdom-hearts-iii

basic summery is that other then the remix games not getting ported to ps4.it sounds like none of the "MAPS" from KH 1 or 2 "disney" worlds will show up again meaning if a disney world returns then it will have brand new maps to explore so chances are Halloween town and the pride lands won't show up again sadly.

but hey at least this means we won't see atlantica again :D

We could in theory see "Kingdom by the Sea." Granted, it'd still be Atlantica, you just wouldn't visit Atlantica itself.

But yeah, I doubt most worlds will be back anyway. Agrabah, Port Royal (or maybe Tortuga), and Wonderland (if based on the live action films) are the main ones I can see back, but there's some others which could possibly return.

Olympus will probably be the exception keeping the coliseum section, as tradition. And Twilight Town from what we've seen seems to follow the original structure.

if radiant garden returns, I still hope we see more of Tron somehow.

Edited by KHCast
  • Thumbs Up 1

Olympus will probably be the exception keeping the coliseum section, as tradition. And Twilight Town from what we've seen seems to follow the original structure.

This news only applies to Disney worlds, original worlds may be updated a bit but for the most part they'll likely have similar layouts to past games, just expanded more.

True. Still though. I think certain notable locations will stay. As for Atlantica, I wouldn't count it out returning thanks to time travel. Little mermaid 2 still hasn't been used.

Edited by KHCast

True. Still though. I think certain notable locations will stay. As for Atlantica, I wouldn't count it out returning thanks to time travel. Little mermaid 2 still hasn't been used.

If the Time Travel thing comes into play, I could see that being featured (primarily set on land, though), and of course Wonderland.

If the Time Travel thing comes into play, I could see that being featured (primarily set on land, though), and of course Wonderland.

Time travel would also be extremely useful for a Toy Story world. Especially if you want to fight Lotso.

Well they could just use Toy Story 3 alone if they wanted. 

And yeah Lotso would be so awesome for a fight, but I think the trash destructor thing that was sucking woody and the gang in heartless-fied could also be neat.

also about the trailer, apparently the trailer isn't all the footage that will be shown at Japan's D23, so perhaps a playable demo at the event and the KH event? Or a on stage  demo?

Edited by KHCast

I've always liked Kingdom Hearts, but lately, after replaying all the games (except for 358/2 Days, and Re:Coded), and having read the KH 1 Manga, and the first 2 volumes of the KH2 manga, I've seriously grown to appreciate Kingdom Hearts a lot more. Jak 3 is my all time favourite game, but Kingdom Hearts 2 is up there for me as well. 

Replaying the games, It's just so hard to believe how much I've grown to appreciate them, especially now that I've grown as a gamer, I can actually look back and appreciate a lot of things featured in the games. KH 2.5 HD Remix was the first time I've fully replayed KH2 start to finish since my first playthrough. Sure I've played it here and there after the first time, but I didn't complete it. But replaying it back in December when 2.5 HD Remix came out really made me love the game. The graphics are seriously top notch for the time.

The soundtrack is honestly one of my favourites in gaming. I fucking adore the OSTs in this game. Some of my personal favourites being: 

Going even further, some of the other games OSTs are personal favourites. I love Xion's theme, and I especially love this:

Then there's the story and characters. Everyone always makes jokes and shit about Kingdom Hearts' story and characters, but I honestly can't take them seriously. Some of these characters' arcs are just written so well in my opinion. Characters like Roxas for example. I fucking felt for him during Kingdom Hearts 2's prologue as we see him and his friends' relationships slowly crumble before his eyes while he's treated as a pawn in Diz's game of revenge. Another arc was Namine's. She's legitimately one of my favourite characters in the game and her arc of being treated as nothing, and wanting the best for Sora/Roxas was another great one.

Now you guys might be wondering what sparked this? Simple. The Kingdom Hearts 2 Manga. Seeing the events of Roxas' time in Virtual Twlight Town alone made me feel even more for his story. You want to know what I mean, imagine taking the events in the game, upping the ante, and giving Roxas and his friends even more personality, only for it to totally break apart right in front of Roxas' eyes, and you have it right there.

• Thumbs Up 3

kingdom hearts is not dark, sorry.

exactly what sparked this remark? 

And yeah, it's no Metal Gearb or Earthbound, but it still has its moments. BBS, for a game that is about Disney & FF characters can get pretty darn down at times, same goes for Days despite my views on the game as a whole. Hell, take a look at Riku Replica in CoM. His arc is pretty emotional and dark, especially considering how the series was still pretty bushy eyed and light hearted at the time.

exactly what sparked this remark? 

And yeah, it's no Metal Gearb or Earthbound, but it still has its moments. BBS, for a game that is about Disney & FF characters can get pretty darn down at times, same goes for Days despite my views on the game as a whole. Hell, take a look at Riku Replica in CoM. His arc is pretty emotional and dark, especially considering how the series was still pretty bushy eyed and light hearted at the time.

Because it feels way too edgy and angsty for me, which is obvious when the 50% of the game is based of Final Fantasy. Believe me I have this friend who has played these KH games to death and I have seen enough of it;

-The concept feels dumb. Combination of Disney & FF? That sounds like a concept for a ordinary Deviantart fanfiction. How can you mix up something as goofy as Disney and something as FF?

Now some people might note at this point that "Disney can be dark too!". Okay, sure. but that's the problem. Why wasn't it dark in KH? Besides, most of Disney's dark

themes descend from European fairy tales anyway.

- The characters are annoying. Not only does the main character Sora look and sound annoying for me, but also why characters like Donald Duck and Goofy act way too serious? They could've used these characters more as comedic relief, but now they're just trying to be serious.

- In the first sentence I complained this series to be angsty and edgy. By now you might be thinking what I mean by that. Let me try to explain;

When I personally consider a video game "dark", it has to be dark. This contains elements of horror, ambient, surrealism, bleak in general. I'd like to give a demonstration from another video game which I consider handles this well; https://youtu.be/fx3fK5kve-M?t=192

In Red Alert 1 Soviet campaign, your first mission is to exterminate a village of partisans and civilians. If that doesn't sound bleak enough, look at the mission ending cutscene.

NOW edgy & angsty has elements of dark .. But they have added themes like romance, depression, angst in general. This is not how I view a dark game.