Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

Kingdom Hearts 3 could probably pull off more party members at once due to the hardware upgrade. I'd like the limit at least bumped up to 4 instead of 3 so I don't have to sub Donald or Goofy out

Well, we were shrunken down in Castle of Dreams where Cinderella was huge herself. Kingdom Hearts is no stranger to giant things like the titans and Ursula, so it could be possible to have a Toy Story world with Andy.

Ah man I forgot about Castle of Dreams! I guess Andy might appear cutscene wise.

Is it wrong that I'd prefer an Incredibles or Monsters Inc. world over Toy Story? Toy Story's definitely iconic, but I think those two have a lot more potential as KH worlds. :|a

Monster's Inc yeah, I would rather have Big Hero Six as the Superhero world, but if they can't use it, then Incredibles it is.

Monster's Inc yeah, I would rather have Big Hero Six as the Superhero world, but if they can't use it, then Incredibles it is.

Considering the circumstances behind Big Hero 6; TECHNICALLY a Marvel IP, but its revamped so heavily the movie is basically Disney + some nods to Disney. I mean, technically I think they could even use Star Wars or Marvel as well, but they may desire to keep that out.

That said, Big Hero 6 might be too new for KH3, so The Incredibles may work out better. At the same time I don't see why they can't use Toy Story and other Pixar IP's as well...

Kingdom Hearts 3 could probably pull off more party members at once due to the hardware upgrade. I'd like the limit at least bumped up to 4 instead of 3 so I don't have to sub Donald or Goofy out

I'm just not so sure, though. Considering how much they're already doing with the added power, I'm not sure they also want to bump it to 4. I also don't think we'll always be playing as Sora, Donald, and Goofy either; I'm sure that Kairi and Riku at least will be playable, maybe even Mickey and other Keyblade Wielders. I don't think Mickey will be left to be just aiding Sora when Sora falls this time, at the very least I think he'll be able to be a party member, maybe for Riku specifically.

Given Mickey's deeper connection with Riku, and constant want to aid him, and since he was already a party member ala chain of memories, I think it would be a safe bet to have him be Riku's party member. Kairi... Maybe Lea? Or one of the BBS characters? No way she'll go solo since she's brand new to Keyblade Wielding. Lea would make since for a number of reasons. 1. Him and her are brand new to this 2. Potential character interaction between the two would be interesting after the events of 2. And 3. It gives us more Keyblade users actually involved in the battle. 

I can see Terra, Aqua and Ven all being party members for Sora, Riku and Kairi, during the last world. Sora would obviously get Ven, Riku gets Terra, and Kairi gets Aqua. 

As as for party members in general, well I can see them adding another part members for certain worlds. What I mean by that is, let's use Tangled for example. Rapunzel is all but confirmed to be a party member. and yes, I still think we'll only have the ability to have 3 characters. However, the option to select a different world exusive party member like Flynn could happen.

also, wishful thinking, but it would be awesome, if there were a secret drive form that turned Sora into Roxas for a brief time. Though Roxas will probably get his own side story, only available if you pre-order the game from GameStop.:/

As much as I'd like Riku and Kairi to be playable I can't really see it actually happening. It'd be fucking awesome to see, though. Especially Kairi. I've been waiting to see her do something with that Keyblade for a while.

Why is it hard to see?

1. Riku was playable in 3D and it was massively praised 

2. BBS already shows we can have multiple characters. And Com. and Days.

3. 3D's secret ending builds up Kairi's role. It'd really be dropping the ball to just have her on the sidelines "kinda fighting".

4. Square has been listening to more fan I put apparently.

Why is it hard to see?

1. Riku was playable in 3D and it was massively praised 

2. BBS already shows we can have multiple characters. And Com. and Days.

3. 3D's secret ending builds up Kairi's role. It'd really be dropping the ball to just have her on the sidelines "kinda fighting".

4. Square has been listening to more fan I put apparently.

For the first Kingdom Hearts game on next gen hardware, I just can't see 3 different campaigns being a thing again this time around. That's a LOT of work compared to just making Sora the best they possibly can like the previous two games.

Though Roxas will probably get his own side story, only available if you pre-order the game from GameStop.:/

Oh goodness, please no. Don't even toss out the idea of Kingdom Hearts spiraling into this direction. Dumping this Assassin's Creed style of delivering content on them is embarrassing.

For the first Kingdom Hearts game on next gen hardware, I just can't see 3 different campaigns being a thing again this time around. That's a LOT of work compared to just making Sora the best they possibly can like the previous two games.

Well, they managed to pull off three campaigns on weaker hardware, it would be possible for them to do it again. Although Kingdom Hearts 1 and Kingdom Hearts 2 were more for Sora than anyone else, we've gotten a lot of new characters since them and more people to play as. Kingdom Hearts 3 not being exclusive to only Sora gameplay wouldn't be unexpected.

Well 3 has a lot of expectations, and Square wants to go all out. I mean this is the PS4 and Xbox One, and again KH3. It could happen.

plus:

>3

>3 playable characters

come on. You can't not try. I mean I don't even care if Riku and Kairi lose some features like Keyblade transformations, drive forms or summons. I'm sure they can still make them great with what they could have potentially.(plus attraction flow could easily have certain attractions for certain characters.) Riku could more or less just be his 3D self minus the broken flow motion, and just give Kairi, Aqua's style of gameplay. Wouldn't be impossible.

Who said anything about 3 different campaigns? Maybe they just join you gradually throughout the game and you can pick and choose which one you want to play as. There doesn't HAVE to be 3 different campaigns. Or the story splits at various points and you automatically play as Riku or Kairi at certain intervals, and by the end can pick and choose your party.

Well 3 has a lot of expectations, and Square wants to go all out. I mean this is the PS4 and Xbox One, and again KH3. It could happen.

plus:

>3

>3 playable characters

come on. You can't not try. I mean I don't even care if Riku and Kairi lose some features like Keyblade transformations, drive forms or summons. I'm sure they can still make them great with what they could have potentially.(plus attraction flow could easily have certain attractions for certain characters.) Riku could more or less just be his 3D self minus the broken flow motion, and just give Kairi, Aqua's style of gameplay. Wouldn't be impossible.

I'd wager they wouldn't lose abilities, they would just be variants of Sora's.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thing is though, there's a legit story reason for why Sora has certain abilities. Like drives. Those would be exclusive to him. 

Who said anything about 3 different campaigns? Maybe they just join you gradually throughout the game and you can pick and choose which one you want to play as. There doesn't HAVE to be 3 different campaigns. Or the story splits at various points and you automatically play as Riku or Kairi at certain intervals, and by the end can pick and choose your party.

Now this idea I like. 

I just figured it'd be different campaigns because that's always how they've done it, but I could see them doing it like that.

Now this idea I like. 

I just figured it'd be different campaigns because that's always how they've done it, but I could see them doing it like that.

I could see them split up at various points and rejoin later, but not full campaigns. I don't think full campaigns would work in this context. Instead, at the start they are split up because they have different goals and have to tackle different things at once.

Given Mickey's deeper connection with Riku, and constant want to aid him, and since he was already a party member ala chain of memories, I think it would be a safe bet to have him be Riku's party member. Kairi... Maybe Lea? Or one of the BBS characters? No way she'll go solo since she's brand new to Keyblade Wielding. Lea would make since for a number of reasons. 1. Him and her are brand new to this 2. Potential character interaction between the two would be interesting after the events of 2. And 3. It gives us more Keyblade users actually involved in the battle. 

I can see Terra, Aqua and Ven all being party members for Sora, Riku and Kairi, during the last world. Sora would obviously get Ven, Riku gets Terra, and Kairi gets Aqua. 

As as for party members in general, well I can see them adding another part members for certain worlds. What I mean by that is, let's use Tangled for example. Rapunzel is all but confirmed to be a party member. and yes, I still think we'll only have the ability to have 3 characters. However, the option to select a different world exusive party member like Flynn could happen.

also, wishful thinking, but it would be awesome, if there were a secret drive form that turned Sora into Roxas for a brief time. Though Roxas will probably get his own side story, only available if you pre-order the game from GameStop.:/

In response to this, if they are split of at first, they could have specific allies.

Mickey for Riku and Lea for Kairi, definitely. Those were major mashups in past titles as well. In KH2 Kairi was helped by Lea, and at the end of 3D both Kairi and Lea were training to wield Keyblades. Perhaps Mickey and Riku attempt to save Aqua on a dangerous journey, and Kairi and Lea train to wield Keyblades and go after Ventus. Mickey and Riku would save Aqua from the Dark Margin, and she joins the Keyblade Warriors, making a trio of Keyblade Masters. Kairi and Lea, on the other hand, train to wield a Keyblade and attempt to find Ventus, who will also join.

Just a possibility. I definitely don't see fully separate campaigns this time.

Thing is though, there's a legit story reason for why Sora has certain abilities. Like drives. Those would be exclusive to him. 

That makes sense. Drives could end up being Sora exclusive. Perhaps Kairi could have a different ability due to being a Princess of Heart, and Riku could have his own due to being a bridge between Light and Darkness. So Riku could have Dark abilities and Kairi light abilities.

Edited by JaidynReiman

Hopefully they wouldn't gate off certain locations to certain characters though. Like they did in BBS. That'd suck. 

I'm assuming Mickey already found Aqua. Mickey already traveled to the RoD before-during the events of KH1, and yen sid says "that only leaves terra". Though Aqua probably willingly chose to stay in the RoD until the time was needs for her.

Edited by KHCast

Hopefully they wouldn't gate off certain locations to certain characters though. Like they did in BBS. That'd suck. 

I'm assuming Mickey already found Aqua. Mickey already traveled to the RoD before-during the events of KH1, and yen sid says "that only leaves terra". Though Aqua probably willingly chose to stay in the RoD until the time was needs for her.

I was under the assumption the "that only leaves Terra" comment was because they knew where Aqua and Ventus were and how to save them, not that they had been saved. But we'll see I guess.

EDIT: I mean, yeah, they know where Terra is, but they may not be sure on how to save him from

Xehanort's clutches
. (Should I really even spoiler tag this?) Edited by JaidynReiman

I'd say it's pretty easy and makes sense to assume Mickey already encountered Aqua again. 

BBS Vol. 2 was meant to focus on Aqua. On top of that, we see scenes of Mickey traveling through the Realm of Darkness. Given what that game was originally going for(linking a bunch of the plot points or something), I think it's safe to assume Mickey met Aqua again. But unless we get a movie version of Vol. 2, we'll never 100% know I guess.

It makes no sense for Aqua to stay in there if she knew of a way out. I think they know where she is and probably have looked for her but havent found her yet. 

Mickey and Yen Sid really don't have any idea of what happened to Terra so there's that

Only makes no sense cause we don't know what went down during the time between BBS-1.:/

also no one knows what happened to Terra.:/

It makes no sense for Aqua to stay in there if she knew of a way out. I think they know where she is and probably have looked for her but havent found her yet. 

Mickey and Yen Sid really don't have any idea of what happened to Terra so there's that

I dunno, didn't 3D basically imply they know exactly where Terra is? Well, in a sense. They know what happened to him, but its possible they don't know how to reverse it, and naturally don't know where he is at this point in time.

EDIT: Well, this exchange from 3D:

Mickey: Well, there's my three friends...

Master Xehanort: Ah, but you forget that one of them belongs to me now.

Or something like that...

Edited by JaidynReiman

He says

But Sora and another one on your list belong to me now.

Edited by KHCast

There's something that doesn't make sense though.

Part of Disney's contract with Pixar during that time was Disney owned the movies that Pixar made, which is where the Circle 7 studio and the Non-Pixar Sequels came from, so why would they need to get the rights from Pixar when Disney is the ones who own the rights?

Part of Disney's contract with Pixar during that time was Disney owned the movies that Pixar made, which is where the Circle 7 studio and the Non-Pixar Sequels came from, so why would they need to get the rights from Pixar when Disney is the ones who own the rights?

Probably had to deal with a bit more paperwork back then I guess.

Also we got a bit of an update concerning Star Wars in KH3.

Apparently getting Star Wars would be more difficult due to the fact Disney doesn't quite own the Star Wars video game rights. Square Einx would have to get permission from other companies in order to get Star Wars into Kingdom Hearts at all. Which leaves me to wonder why Disney tried putting a Star Wars world in the scrapped phone game if they didn't quite had the video game rights.

He says

Hidden Content

But, if they already know where Aqua and Ventus are, then that leaves only Terra left over. So either they know what he's talking about, or they're blatantly STUPID. And I'm sure its not the later considering how much they know already.

Probably had to deal with a bit more paperwork back then I guess.

Also we got a bit of an update concerning Star Wars in KH3.

Apparently getting Star Wars would be more difficult due to the fact Disney doesn't quite own the Star Wars video game rights. Square Einx would have to get permission from other companies in order to get Star Wars into Kingdom Hearts at all. Which leaves me to wonder why Disney tried putting a Star Wars world in the scrapped phone game if they didn't quite had the video game rights.

They probably tried, and that's when they found out they couldn't do it because they still don't have full rights to it. On another note, it does prove that Star Wars worlds are on the table in the future if Disney can get the rights back to them.

You mean movies like Toy Story? Perhaps at the time Square were concerned about it and didn't want to mess with licensing issues when they had so many other materials to work with.

On another note, what returning worlds do we think WILL happen? Other than Twilight Town, Radiant Garden (c'mon, you know its going to happen), Castle Oblivion (odds are it will due to Ventus), and Olympus Colisseum? (Granted, they COULD call it Mt. Olympus, but I don't think they will.)

I'm hoping that Destiny Islands will FINALLY be a fully explorable world, and I'd also like to see at least Agrabah back. I do think we're getting very few returning worlds this time considering the statements made, so most of the worlds with resolved plotlines are likely over now (Beast's Castle, Castle of Dreams, Wonderland, Halloween Town, Enchanted Dominion, etc.). Agrabah could still come back since there's still King of Thieves that could be explored, but I doubt we'd see Atlantica (due to the undersea gameplay), Neverland (flight gameplay), or Pride Lands (do I need to even bring this up...?)

Speaking of "returning worlds" in a sense... I think we could get a new Deep Jungle, though it'd technically not be the same world. They'll probably find a new name for it as well, but a Jungle Book world I think could definitely happen.