Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

The Heartless design, the Greek style columns, cartoony trees and Statues that look straight out Hercules, it's definately Olympic Coliseum, or at the very least Mt. Olympus.

Sora really does look older in this one(albeit slightly. Nowhere near the jump from KH1-KH2) His hair seems to have gotten a redesign from the look of it(shorter design from the look of it), and he definitely seems to have gotten a bit of muscle as you can see he definitely got a more defined chest. The HD upgrade did wonders for him(though his running animation is a bit awkward.) Loving that his outfit is a hybrid of 3D and KH2 btw. Wonder if he made it, or got it from the fairies.(Also there's a large lack of belts this time haha. He's got a collar jacket though!)

We still see in the game his KH2 outfit, so maybe we can switch costumes or maybe certain costumes have certain abilities.

Here's hoping Haley's voice direction is different from KH2 and 3D.

11027952_10152826497475841_3266814413051

SO BEAUTIFUL!

Seriously, this may be my favorite outfit in the franchise excluding transformation outfits.

• Thumbs Up 1

I agree with you. I'm excited to see what new outfit Kairi's sporting, considering I thought her KH 2 design was a massive step up in making her look older and more mature, to fit the year gap between the original and the second. 

My favourite Sora outfit for sure, mostly for the lack of about a hundred belts and buckles. =P

Ok So with those pretty (though incomplete) graphics, I expect too see none of that stiff cutscenes that every other game had, where the characters faces looked flat and they had minimal lip and body movement. 

I noticed that when sora switched too his guns that he entered more a first person shotlock mode rather than the normal combat mode of the beta. I kinda hope both are there. Looking sweet. 

Also I know sora's already god a huge arsenal here, but I'm not gonna lie................. part of me kinda hopes too see drive forms. I know that I just sound kinda fanboyish at this point, but I'm kinda hoping. It probably won't be there at all though with all this. 

00d1f7bd0bce561e63d05c4186b59ac7.jpg

Those in-game visuals man. HNNNNNGGGG

Yeah if there's one thing from BBS I'm hoping returns in KH3, it's shotlocks. It was such a tease than Ven's armor in 3D could do it, but we couldn't. Perhaps after meeting each of the BBS trio you'll gain a different type of shotlock.

As for drive forms, as cool as they were in II, are they really needed at this point? I mean they were fun(though leveling them was a pain, and I only seriously used them when I ran out of MP or was low on HP and don't wanna use Cure or items), but I feel like Sora's good without them at this point. Plus, I'm not seeing a drive gauge this time around so yeah.(though duel wielding somehow would be nice) But hey, if they are included, I won't complain, perhaps they just got majorly altered for III like summons have. Though I doubt Sora's new outfit is related in any way to drives.

Those in-game visuals man. HNNNNNGGGG

Yeah if there's one thing from BBS I'm hoping returns in KH3, it's shotlocks. It was such a tease than Ven's armor in 3D could do it, but we couldn't. Perhaps after meeting each of the BBS trio you'll gain a different type of shotlock.

As for drive forms, as cool as they were in II, are they really needed at this point? I mean they were fun(though leveling them was a pain, and I only seriously used them when I ran out of MP or was low on HP and don't wanna use Cure or items), but I feel like Sora's good without them at this point. Plus, I'm not seeing a drive gauge this time around so yeah.(though duel wielding somehow would be nice) But hey, if they are included, I won't complain, perhaps they just got majorly altered for III like summons have. Though I doubt Sora's new outfit is related in any way to drives.

So, wait, that's not a Drive gauge next to Sora's face in the corner there? (Not sarcasm, genuinely curious about that.)

Ah, okay, didn't see the little "ex" there lol.

Looking at the trailer again, I noticed none of the gauges moved at all save for the HP meter at one point. Keeping how things work a secret still, it seems.

... Yeah, not gonna lie: seeing this and the other ride summons makes me want to got Disneyland to see and ride their real-life analogues.

Ah, okay, didn't see the little "ex" there lol.

Looking at the trailer again, I noticed none of the gauges moved at all save for the HP meter at one point. Keeping how things work a secret still, it seems.

Yeah, even when summons were used nothing moved. So either, they're free to use at any time(doubt that), or Square just isn't done with the whole hud, or just doesn't wanna show the hud active at all yet.

Has someone translated the command board btw yet?

• Thumbs Up 1

From the looks of it, the hud doesn't look like it's been coded properly (Or is not active). You can see Sora casting hellish amounts of magic but nothing is dropping from the MP bar

... Yeah, not gonna lie: seeing this and the other ride summons makes me want to got Disneyland to see and ride their real-life analogues.

Behold! The master subliminal messaging tactic!

• Thumbs Up 4

One thing I'd like to know is how flowmotion works in 3. I mean, it looked like it was back, to me, but how are they going to balance it this time? Tied to MP/EX gauge?

It looked at one point that Sora casted an ice spell to ride it into Flowmotion and then leap into the air to do that spiralling magic attack which was cool. I guess he combines magic and acrobatics to pull it off, or he just uses MP to jump off walls. It's nice to see it being used as an alternative to dealing with those tubby heartless which always have their invincible bellies which I always hated, lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

Behold! The master subliminal messaging tactic!

Joke's on you!  I've been planning on going to Disney World since the end of the Fall 2014 semester!

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't believe Tangled was confirmed as a world, makes me so happy.

My brother is hoping for a Tron world but only because of the whole Disney cancelling the third film. So he would like to see the world lie on a bit in Kingdom Hearts. One they I wish they would explore but I doubt they would is explain how Tron came to meet Ansem the Wise. You never know how Ansem got ahold of him and he just states how his original world was destroyed aka the Gird. But according to the sleeping memories of the Grid, Tron was Rinzler back then.

Did he get separated from his world much like Sora did when it was consumed by darkness and Ansem stumbled upon somehow?

What if Tron came upon Radiant Garden in the Meteor Shower that was mentioned in Ansem's Reports. It's nice to speculate but kind of sad that the storyline can't explore it since the story needs to focus on Sora and friends.

The Tron in KH2 is the same Tron from the events of 3D. He was just transferred to the copy of Encom's files while that version was destroyed. I'm assuming Ansem and Mickey came upon Encom's homeworld(as Mickey had the ability to travel) before it fell to darkness and rescued what they could of the data.

Also a little extra info on KH3 from Nomura

After we announced KINGDOM HEARTS III, we went through some redesigning associated with the change in the game engine. Since we were prioritizing those tasks, we were not able to reveal much new information, but this time, we premiered footage that shows the game in action on the new engine.

The video is just a snippet, but I believe you can get a glimpse of all the challenges that the development team is taking on.We leaned toward the flashiest of scenes due to the limited length of time, but I hope that viewers can sense that this new world of KINGDOM HEARTS is something that players can enjoy, not only during the powered-up battles, but even when you’re just traversing the map.

That being said, the true nature of KINGDOM HEARTS III is still to come, so please stay tuned for further information.

Yeah we all I think figured the game wouldn't be as easy as the trailer made it look lol. Nice to know though there is much more to surprise us with. Interesting little tidbits about the development of this game and the transformation it took. Explains why we didn't have anything new for awhile I guess.

I can't believe Tangled was confirmed as a world, makes me so happy.

My brother is hoping for a Tron world but only because of the whole Disney cancelling the third film. So he would like to see the world lie on a bit in Kingdom Hearts. One they I wish they would explore but I doubt they would is explain how Tron came to meet Ansem the Wise. You never know how Ansem got ahold of him and he just states how his original world was destroyed aka the Gird. But according to the sleeping memories of the Grid, Tron was Rinzler back then.

Did he get separated from his world much like Sora did when it was consumed by darkness and Ansem stumbled upon somehow?

What if Tron came upon Radiant Garden in the Meteor Shower that was mentioned in Ansem's Reports. It's nice to speculate but kind of sad that the storyline can't explore it since the story needs to focus on Sora and friends.

Speaking of it, I really do hope Tron returns somehow as that world, in either version, would look sexy as hell on this engine. Since the world of Encom was still sleeping and trapped in darkness as of 3D until Sora and Riku awoke it, and the sleeping worlds dream of the events that happened right before it fell to darkness, and since the events of KH3 happen right after 3D, I can see them continuing on Tron Legacies story somehow, perhaps taking inspiration from the dead film. Bonus points if they actually get the movie actors this time to do their roles.

• Thumbs Up 1